Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

Double review: Pelham 1,2,3 and Transformers, minor spoilers

Well, to say the least, this has been a very entertaining summer full of sequels, prequels, spin-off's, and remakes.

With that being said, I have seen both a sequel and remake of two films.

Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3,

Director
    Tony Scott

Tony Scott and Michael Bay are soo much alike. They are two directors who love over the top action, they both have style, and they make some of the best movies in the business

Now Tony Scott's latest effort is a very entertaining film centered around your "average Joe" trying to stop "terrorists" from hijacking a train and killing the passengers. I found this to be a very hard film, I never thought that they would do some of the things they did or go as far as they did.

The acting was kinda iffy though, considering the fact that these are two of hollywoods best actors. I felt that they were just there to act, and not put anything into what these characters were about. To say the least, John Travolta does play a pretty badass hijacker and Denzel Washington plays a cool "average Joe", but I just felt that there should have been more enthusiasm and passion in these performances.

Other than that, we do get some pretty good action sequences: cop cars flipping into the air, a train going over two hundred miles down a rail, a very bloody shoot-out, and some other stuff that I can't remember.

Even though the acting wasn't the best, the film still managed to please you from beginning to end, so I will give this a 7/10 for the fun aspect.

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Director
    Michael Bay

Mentioning fun, Transformers 2 has to be the epitome of fun summer popcorn pleasure.

I'm not going to go that much into story, because it is very long and tedious, but the action sequences are very stunning and amazing: seeing robots faces split in half, robots being ripped from limb to limb, blown up, eaten and spit out, and a lot more.

Also the movie is very humorous. From the parents to the robots to the commanders and to the main character himself, you are never left without a dull moment when the action is let up. I really liked the two "hood" bots, cool how they gave one gold tooth.

Though very entertaining and fun, it seems all over the place, action and story wise. It was very over the top, which is why I think the critics hated it so much.

The acting was nice and the characters where interesting, that damn Megan Fox was so HOT!

So, to say the least, the film was very over the top, but fun, humorous, and entertaining. So I give it 8/10.

Well that's all for now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Michael Bay and Tony Scott make some of the best movies?! The both have a few decent action flicks The Rock and Bad Boys are cool from Bay and True Romance and Last Boy Scout were sweet from Scott, but I've never been impressed with anything else they've directed.

John Travolta being labeled as one of Hollywood's best actors is offensive to my ears, he's terrible and hasn't given a good performance since pulp fiction 25 years ago. He single handedly ruined The Punisher, and I was interested in Pelham until I saw his face in the trailer and I responded with "I'm out"

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Oh brother.

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch
    Personally, I thought the humor and the hood-bots thoroughly fucking WRECKED transformers 2....

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

+ Reply to Thread