Status
    Last Online
    07-08-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

My new movie "Priscilla" (Be gentle but honest people)

Okay I have seen how some of you criticize people's thoughts an ideas and let me just tell you, I understand why you do it. Some of you just want the person to know how their movie is perceived by others. Some of you are just cruel... I will be able to tell who is who.

Now I've been working on this movie since 2004. It's called "Priscilla" and yes most of you will get the feeling of The Ring. Even the poster has the girl from The Ring on it but it's a rough draft.

Now the movie begins with a girl ( aged about 10) being chased in the woods by a couple of hicks with two dog-like creatures and basically, the girl is ripped to shreds in that very same opening sequence- Girl wakes up and realizes it was just a dream. Now I know that some of you are thinking, you've figured out the whole movie already but I guarantee you haven't.

My synopsis: Somewhere deep in the Adirondack Mountains lay a cabin owned by a family who practiced black magic. The mother couldn't have any children so she made a deal with the devil... She gave her soul to have a little girl. That little girl would be named Priscilla. Priscilla was a strange little child. Never spoke. Always played in the woods by herself. After a while, things turned up missing around the house...The family cat was even found slaughtered. The parents decided they finally have had enough and did what only what can be said was "what they had to do."

20 YEARS LATER

Amanda Harrington and Mike Upshaw, college sweethearts, have been dating for 3 years. Amanda being any normal female is looking for commitment and Mike being any normal MALE is afraid to take that leap. Joey Stokes, Mike's best friend comes up with the idea for him, his girlfriend, Mike and Amanda to take a trip up in the Adirondack Mountains for winter break; get rid of the cold feet. Mike says yes and the planning begins... Two more people are added to the group as plans evolve. Joey's younger brother, Jason and Amanda's little sister, Carrie.
    Riding up to Mike's chosen cabin Jason sees a girl in the road and total's his brother's truck. Now nobody believes what Jason says he saw... Jason isn't even sure he can believe it. Once they get settled, one by one, things start happening to everyone and the group starts getting killed off. Now, with one vehicle totaled and no time, Jason and Amanda have to discover the unknown secrets of the life of Priscilla, and, hopefully for them, a way to kill her for good.

So I need some constructive criticism. What do you guys think of my movie? It's written out and all I need is to find a director and bring my story to life.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    *You can't kill something that's already dead*

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Honestly.... sounds like every other movie out there... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857295/

Let's go get some zombie fuckers!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-08-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    damn I've never heard of that movie.....

But now that I have I'm upset that my movie was basically already made and was utter SHIT

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    don't give up there's always room for re-writes
    some suggestions:

Don't be afraid to kill off kids and animals...big impact and everyone thinks "nah they wont kill the kid"

Dont let the main characters live I hate when you meet the "main college couple" in a movie and they make it the whole way through

dead little kid ghosts are boreing, make it a mutated freak girl that craves flesh

Last edited by strtfghtr; 07-08-2009 at 10:21 PM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Let's go get some zombie fuckers!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-08-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    funny that you mention that whole mutative girl thing... Priscilla is killed by wolf like creatures so she actually ends up coming back as half girl, half demonic wolf like creature. She even swallows a head whole and shakes the body around like a chew toy until the head comes off the body.

And the main characters actually don't end up surviving in this one. (I hate that too)

No kids to kill off in this one but in the sequel there is

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION

NIZ08
    This user has no status.

Are you gonna show Priscilla as a creature? Because it would be cool if you never showed her features and only kept her figure in the shadows to make people make up their own imagination of how she looks.

Just a suggestion since I always enjoyed those kinds of things of a creature never being showed on camera, but with how people are eviscerated so horribly and never seeing the creature's features (only like the dark silhouette of the creature) can create a good creep factor (even though you explained how she looks).

Last edited by NIZ08; 07-11-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    If you make it, people will watch it. Go for it, have fun with it. If you love it and you love making it, who gives a flying F what anyone has to say about it.
    That's my opinion. From what i read, i'd at least give it a shot and watch it.

Zombiefied Zealot
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    IDK. A lot of the horror i watch is in the low budget realm - especially 80's stuff. It all started with a few people who liked it and then branched out to the point where they're still making movies based on flicks that at one time only a few people would even bother to watch. Some of our favorite Icons weren't exactly money making hits, but they gots the love now.
    And there's still a whole lotta lower budget stuff that's really good coming out all the time.
    I still stand by my statements.

Zombiefied Zealot
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes View Post
    4. having your friends and mom and dad tell you "Yes, that's a very good film.".
    Funny, that's what my mother says about my writing... :surrender: You obviously know more of the process than I. I'm just a dude who watches the flicks and have no intentions of making one myself. I like writing my horror and seeing it in my brain.
    Just saying,, a lot of the flicks i and a lot of others watch is cheaply made but fun to watch and often gets a following albeit sometimes small.

How's "Priscilla" going anyway? Do you have anything else under your belt so we can check out your basic style or is this a first effort?

+ Reply to Thread