This is one of those films that I had always wanted to see, but just never got around to it. I figured since a remake is already on the way that I should finally give it a check, so I can say how much better the original is than the POS remake.

I liked the flick, but it turned out to be a lot different than I expected. I thought I was getting into a simple tale of revenge, but it turned out to be far more complex than that, which made it frustrating, but also more interesting at the same time.

I definitely didn't like the female lead in the flick since she was bossy, fairly pointless, and a tease to a lot of the locals, but obviously there's more to it than just that, as there are a lot of deeper meanings and hidden messages throughout the film. Still found her annoying though.

The last 30-minutes are pretty intense and make up for a lot of the slow-paced and/or frustrating moments that are shown earlier on. Hopefully the remake well keep some of that tense atmosphere that was apparent throughout most of the original.

7/10

http://imdb.com/title/tt0067800/