04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

H2 sinking Weinstein Films?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/333...h-chaos-studio

The Weinstein Company is apparently hemorrhaging money and H2 maybe one of the last nails in the coffin although I thought it was alright but it hasn't made as much money as the first

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=halloween07.htm Halloween 2007
    VS
    http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=halloween209.htm Halloween 2

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

skybrick
    This user has no status.

THats good news Tall Man. Hopefully filmmakers forget about Zombie's trash and move on with the old series. It looks like H20 and Resurrection did just fine at the box office.

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    Hope this gives Rob a clue to stop his horrid remakes.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skybrick View Post
    Hopefully filmmakers forget about Zombie's trash and move on with the old series. It looks like H20 and Resurrection did just fine at the box office.
    Yeah, because we all want to know what happened after Michael Myers became a "chicken-fried motherfucker" and Busta used his awesome kung-fu to defeat him. Can't believe there wasn't a follow up to that.

Whether you like the Zombie movies or not, it's just common consensus that Halloween: Resurrection was the death nail for that series. Laurie Strode was killed off, Busta Rhymes was the hero, and the story revolved around a reality TV show being filmed in the Myers' house. It may have made over twice it's budget, but fan/critic opinion still comes into play. It was a piece of shit that forced them to start over fresh with an entirely new series.

The only alternative if a second follow up made to Rob Zombie's Halloween isn't made is another re-boot. Why should we have to watch the beating of a dead horse continue for many more years? The original series lasted 24. That's certainly long enough. That series is dead and gone, but if you don't want move on, there's always the DVD's.

Average Joe
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-31-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The Weinsteins have been digging this ditch for a loooonnnnggg time. They don't know how to produce quality films and when they do get something decent they don't have an F'n clue how to market it. F em'

I loved H2 and there is ab-so-lutely no way H20 or Resurrection was better.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    Yeah, because we all want to know what happened after Michael Myers became a "chicken-fried motherfucker" and Busta used his awesome kung-fu to defeat him. Can't believe there wasn't a follow up to that.

Whether you like the Zombie movies or not, it's just common consensus that Halloween: Resurrection was the death nail for that series. Laurie Strode was killed off, Busta Rhymes was the hero, and the story revolved around a reality TV show being filmed in the Myers' house. It may have made over twice it's budget, but fan/critic opinion still comes into play. It was a piece of shit that forced them to start over fresh with an entirely new series.

The only alternative if a second follow up made to Rob Zombie's Halloween isn't made is another re-boot. Why should we have to watch the beating of a dead horse continue for many more years? The original series lasted 24. That's certainly long enough. That series is dead and gone, but if you don't want move on, there's always the DVD's.
    As much a shit stain that RZH2 was. I completely agree with this.

After H8 there was absolutely nowhere to go.

After Jason X, there was nowhere to go.

skybrick
    This user has no status.

I get that H20 and Resurrection were bad but at least they stayed true. I am not looking for a masterpiece, just follow ups and keep adding and tying up loose ends to stories. The Curse did a great job at tying loose ends on the "man in black" and adding original info on the series.

However after these latest installments, the remake officially killed the franchise, not Resurrection, with whatever ever bull shit you are trying to feed me.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    H2 cost $15 million to make and its made $30 million. I didn't care for the sequal either, but saying it was the final nail in the coffin is just wishful thinking on the part of the rob zombie haters. Personally I really liked the first one, just didn't like the second one. I agree with what everyone has been sayin so far. The original series wasn't going anywhere either.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    H2 cost $15 million to make and its made $30 million. I didn't care for the sequal either, but saying it was the final nail in the coffin is just wishful thinking on the part of the rob zombie haters. Personally I really liked the first one, just didn't like the second one. I agree with what everyone has been sayin so far. The original series wasn't going anywhere either.
    To Be fair Tall Man was one of the few people who defended the first Halloween and H2 so I don't think he qualifies as a Rob Zombie hater. Also the original post is about H2 driving a nail into the Weinstein's coffin, not the Halloween series.

Agree though that neither version of the Halloween franchise is going to be worth pursuing with a new director. Reboot in the works no doubt.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-08-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I enjoyed H2 For what it was. Didnt hate it. I guess I would be in the minority that would like for Robs story to Continue, even if a different director takes the helm.But another Reboot? Hell no please. I love MM to death, but we already have 2 versons of that story, do we need another?

Purely & Simply...Evil...& Stoned.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    Dude I'm not hating on this movie I thought it was good for what it was, it's just that becuase the Weinsteins have to give half their profits to the parent companies for every movie they make they needed H2 to make at least $50,000,000 because they own the rights to the Halloween reboot series. Look at the numbers below. I made this thread to show the Halloween series is going to continue but the Weinstein company may crash because they needed H2 to make the money for their next projects

The budget was $15,000,0000 + $10,000,000 for marketing= $25,000,000

Opening $16,349,565 gross.

cinemas get 60% of the gross for the first 2 weeks.

40% of $16,349,565 is $6,539,826

This left $18,460,174 to be recouped.

The following week brought in $5,745,206. (In 63 more cinemas)

40% of which is $2,298,082

Leaving $16,162,092 left to recoup.

The last weekend recorded brought in $2,315,000

Now cinema gets 5% more this week than previous weeks.

35% of $2,315,000 is $810,250

$15,351,842 left to recoup.

Doesn't look good for the Weinsteins

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    I get that H20 and Resurrection were bad but at least they stayed true. I am not looking for a masterpiece, just follow ups and keep adding and tying up loose ends to stories. The Curse did a great job at tying loose ends on the "man in black" and adding original info on the series.
    H20 and Resurrection did tie up what was started previously, what with the death of Laurie and all, but what's to tie up after Resurrection? Is he gonna go after Busta now? There are things in the Zombie movies I don't care for, but nothing was added to the franchise after the eighth installment. Do we really need to go further than part eight? What has ever come good after a part eight?

You wanted something new? The whole point of a reboot is to add something new. You may not like it, but at least it wasn't the same shit getting shoved down our throats. Say want you want about the story of Halloween 2, but no previous movie in the franchise came close to it.

However after these latest installments, the remake officially killed the franchise, not Resurrection
    So is that why there was a sequel to the remake and not to Resurrection? It's way too early to say that Halloween 2 was the last blow to head. It's been, what, two weeks? The sky hasn't fallen, Malek Akkad did not commit suicide, and it isn't raining frogs.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    How many horror flicks bomb in theatres and then skyrocket upon dvd/blueray release. Happens all the time.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    H20 and Resurrection did tie up what was started previously, what with the death of Laurie and all, but what's to tie up after Resurrection? Is he gonna go after Busta now? There are things in the Zombie movies I don't care for, but nothing was added to the franchise after the eighth installment. Do we really need to go further than part eight? What has ever come good after a part eight?

You wanted something new? The whole point of a reboot is to add something new. You may not like it, but at least it wasn't the same shit getting shoved down our throats. Say want you want about the story of Halloween 2, but no previous movie in the franchise came close to it.

So is that why there was a sequel to the remake and not to Resurrection? It's way too early to say that Halloween 2 was the last blow to head. It's been, what, two weeks? The sky hasn't fallen, Malek Akkad did not commit suicide, and it isn't raining frogs.
    Halloween 2007 n H2 were in fact miles ahead of Resurrection

Malek Akkad will do just fine thanks to his dad's prior successes. Like I said this is about the WEINSTEIN BROS because they own the rights to the remake and sequel. What is happening to the bros has been happening for awhile but H2 is what will bring them down because they NEEDED it to make mad money to finance future films they have scheduled

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-30-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    So could DVD sales help?

"Anarchy: It is NOT bombs, disorder or chaos. It is NOT robbery and murder. It is NOT a war of each against all. It is NOT a return to barbarism or to the wild state of man. Anarchism is the very opposite of all that." - Alexander Berkman

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Not according to the math I see. At best they break even. I assume there are investors that need to be paid with interest...

Crypt Keeper
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-16-2019

Member #
    Threads
    Follow badgonegood On Twitter Add badgonegood on Facebook
    Visit badgonegood's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    THats good news Tall Man. Hopefully filmmakers forget about Zombie's trash and move on with the old series. It looks like H20 and Resurrection did just fine at the box office.
    what he said

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It costs money to print, package, and move the dvd's. Unless its a blockbuster when its a rental they still wont break even

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Yeah I want something new. There were talks after Resurrection about a script that had Dr. Loomis's son taking over Michael files and going back to Haddonfield to look for him. It was said to have the same feel has the original but be "gorier" like the fans nowadays want. Like I said I aint wanting cinematic gold. Just a brainless Michael Myers movie like 4-8

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Question

Yeah I want something new. There were talks after Resurrection about a script that had Dr. Loomis's son taking over Michael files and going back to Haddonfield to look for him. It was said to have the same feel has the original but be "gorier" like the fans nowadays want. Like I said I aint wanting cinematic gold. Just a brainless Michael Myers movie like 4-8
    I remember hearing about that script, I thought it was a pretty good idea. Somehow I doubt it will happen unless Loomis has a son written in the 3D sequel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast