11-18-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sick
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I think it looks pretty good. But just the silhouette of Freddy doesn't quite look right and the voice....I don't know. It's gonna be hard to pull off successfully because Freddy's not just some big guy with a mask that doesn't talk, he's got a certain persona...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    Not really expecting much from this and most likely will rent it.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

The Idiot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    And once again, all because it's not Robert Englund, everybody grabs a box of tissues and their bitch box and stands up shouts, "IT'S GONNA SUCK!" We haven't gotten a full, clear look at him, yet everyone looks at the one dark shot we got of his face and complains. We get one snipit of dialogue and everyone hates how he says it. How many times did Robert alter his voice during the series?

There's a line in the script that reads (paraphrasing) "The brain stays alive seven minutes after the body dies. I still have three minutes with you." That's already the best damn Freddy quote I've ever heard and I really don't care how he sounds saying it. He's not playing it as Englund as Freddy. He's playing it as himself as Freddy. Don't like it? Don't go see the movie.
    Robert Englund not playing Freddy has nothing to do with the fact that this looked pretty damn bad. I don't want Robert in a remake, and why would he be in it? A remake is a remake, doesn't take a genius to get that, so changing the cast is an obvious direction. Never did I think I would see Robert in that role in this film. But, what we saw looked shitty and what we heard sounded retarded.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Metapher View Post
    what we saw looked shitty and what we heard sounded retarded.
    that is a hilarious quote for anything

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I do agree with cmurdur. Although, I'm not a fan of the new voice of freddy, he is playing his own version of Freddy, not England. People are bashing and complaining about this movie because we get a few seconds of Freddy's face and it doesn't look like how it did in the originals. That is the point of a remake. It's a new idea based off an older one.

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    And once again, all because it's not Robert Englund, everybody grabs a box of tissues and their bitch box and stands up shouts, "IT'S GONNA SUCK!" We haven't gotten a full, clear look at him, yet everyone looks at the one dark shot we got of his face and complains. We get one snipit of dialogue and everyone hates how he says it. How many times did Robert alter his voice during the series?

There's a line in the script that reads (paraphrasing) "The brain stays alive seven minutes after the body dies. I still have three minutes with you." That's already the best damn Freddy quote I've ever heard and I really don't care how he sounds saying it. He's not playing it as Englund as Freddy. He's playing it as himself as Freddy. Don't like it? Don't go see the movie.
    Take comfort in knowing that even though everyone is bitching about it, they are still going to pay to go see the movie when it comes out.

The Idiot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    DMHead: So a new idea has to look bad?

EDIT: Cata, not me. I barely go to the cinemas even for movies that look good. Why would I go for this?

Last edited by Metapher; 09-28-2009 at 03:38 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Metapher View Post
    DMHead: So a new idea has to look bad?

EDIT: Cata, not me. I barely go to the cinemas even for movies that look good. Why would I go for this?
    I just find it funny that everyone is bitching about a clip that's less then 2 mins long and everyone automatically thinks it is bad without giving it a chance.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreds_of_Flesh View Post
    Your still denying it.
    I'm not denying anything. You and I have seen only two minutes of the film, with the special effects more than likely unfinished at this point, and I liked it. I never said that the movie will be great. You've already established that you know the movie will be garbage. You're upset because Haley isn't acting exactly like Robert and even more so that it isn't Robert. There are eight movies with Englund as the star. Go watch those if you're going to cry about this one. If you can't accept anyone else playing the role, then you're just an idiot.

You, like many other people, want to cover their eyes and ears because it's not staring the man who he himself has said he has no problem not doing the part anymore. So many people have cried out for a new movie that takes it back to the original roots of Freddy in the shadows as the ultimate sadist and that's what they're fucking doing. But no, that's not good enough. You want same old thing. You want Robert to play the role forever and let no one else ever come close to touching the role. Which is robbery to us fans who love the character. You can appreciate Robert all you want, but thinking that only he can ever play the role is horseshit.

How do you know that Haley isn't going to add on to role, doing something that Robert never thought of? The lips seemed to be burned off, which is probably a decision made by Haley and not Brad Fuller. A lot of people said two years ago the exact same shit that's being said now about Heath Ledger and the Joker. I heard so many times that Ledger was going to suck, Jack was the best Joker ever, and no one could ever come close to touching his Godlike performance. And how did that work out?

Haley could be bad in this role and this movie could suck, but saying that it is going to be terrible is retarded. All judgment of that kind should be reserved until you actually fucking see it. It's ok to say you think it's going to be bad because you don't like the cast, the director, the script, etc, but not because the apparent Jesus Christ of horror movie actors isn't in it. This movie is being trashed and hated off of a two minute trailer alone and yet not one person who claims that it's going to suck has even seen the movie.

You can cry and boo-hoo all you want Robert purists, but I'm not going to give a shit about your opinion until you accept and realize that the movie is going to star Jackie Earle Haley, not Robert Englund, and just because Haley is not some clone of Englund, that his portrayal of the character is not going to suck.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Damn, datz a long F'n reply :nosleep:

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Fool likes his un-inspired remakes.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'm not denying anything. You and I have seen only two minutes of the film, with the special effects more than likely unfinished at this point, and I liked it. I never said that the movie will be great. You've already established that you know the movie will be garbage. You're upset because Haley isn't acting exactly like Robert and even more so that it isn't Robert. There are eight movies with Englund as the star. Go watch those if you're going to cry about this one. If you can't accept anyone else playing the role, then you're just an idiot.

You, like many other people, want to cover their eyes and ears because it's not staring the man who he himself has said he has no problem not doing the part anymore. So many people have cried out for a new movie that takes it back to the original roots of Freddy in the shadows as the ultimate sadist and that's what they're fucking doing. But no, that's not good enough. You want same old thing. You want Robert to play the role forever and let no one else ever come close to touching the role. Which is robbery to us fans who love the character. You can appreciate Robert all you want, but thinking that only he can ever play the role is horseshit.

How do you know that Haley isn't going to add on to role, doing something that Robert never thought of? The lips seemed to be burned off, which is probably a decision made by Haley and not Brad Fuller. A lot of people said two years ago the exact same shit that's being said now about Heath Ledger and the Joker. I heard so many times that Ledger was going to suck, Jack was the best Joker ever, and no one could ever come close to touching his Godlike performance. And how did that work out?

Haley could be bad in this role and this movie could suck, but saying that it is going to be terrible is retarded. All judgment of that kind should be reserved until you actually fucking see it. It's ok to say you think it's going to be bad because you don't like the cast, the director, the script, etc, but not because the apparent Jesus Christ of horror movie actors isn't in it. This movie is being trashed and hated off of a two minute trailer alone and yet not one person who claims that it's going to suck has even seen the movie.

You can cry and boo-hoo all you want Robert purists, but I'm not going to give a shit about your opinion until you accept and realize that the movie is going to star Jackie Earle Haley, not Robert Englund, and just because Haley is not some clone of Englund, that his portrayal of the character is not going to suck.
    Wow..I..I can't top that

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm vol.2 View Post
    Take comfort in knowing that even though everyone is bitching about it, they are still going to pay to go see the movie when it comes out.
    I always find that to be so damn funny. It's like a person looking at a frying pan and thinking, "Wow. That looks hot. Really hot. I shouldn't pick that up." But of course, they do pick it up, because they're dumb, and say, "Jesus Christ! Goddamn, that thing's hot! Motherfucker! Why is it so hot?!"

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    I'm keeping my hopes very low, I had them a little too high for the F13 remake and it bit me in the ass
    I think we will be able to make a lot of comparisons to both the remake of ANOES and F13 after this movie comes out.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Damn, datz a long F'n reply :nosleep:
    word

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    The only thing I'm iffy on is how his face looked, but who knows. Maybe that was part of a dream. Freddy has turned into slutty nurses, penis snakes, motorcycles, and television demons before, maybe he was transforming out of clay or some shit.

I know I'll be seeing this in theaters though. Hopefully it will be nothing (in tone and style) like F13 remake. That movie sucked balls.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

Old No. 7 Brand
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-30-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up

That quote is fucking awesome. I can't wait to see this.

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post

I know I'll be seeing this in theaters though. Hopefully it will be nothing (in tone and style) like F13 remake. That movie sucked balls.
    I assumed you read my post above thats exactly what I meant :mhehe:.

Nothing to do with your post boo but does anyone else think Freddy ripping his coat off and showing the christmas sweater remind you of Superman.

Last edited by skybrick; 09-28-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Average Joe
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-31-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I thought it was alright, I expect it to be on par with the F13th remake. Hopefully we get a creepy in the shadows Freddy and not the over the top one liner

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by skybrick View Post
    I assumed you read my post above thats exactly what I meant :mhehe:.

Nothing to do with your post boo but does anyone else think Freddy ripping his coat off and showing the christmas sweater remind you of Superman.
    Close, it reminded me of 1) The Hulk actually and 2) the Robot Chicken spoof of Freddy selling his soul so that wool sweater would stop itching haha.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast