+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

NIZ08
    This user has no status.

Am I the only one who is happy that Jackie Earl Haley is being noticed more these days for his acting? This guy has been around for a long time, and he is finally getting credit for his acting abilities (even though he has always been good, people just finally noticed him now for playing Rorschach).

I'm happy he is playing Freddy, he needs to be notice more.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gore is good
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-24-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Aussie_Horror_buff83 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Liked the trailer, but i didnt like the Look of Freddy, I dont have any Doubts Jackie can pull off a Menacing version of freddy but yeah his facial features suck balls,
    I will still see it when it comes out though, I just hope australia gets a Theatre Release.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Horror_buff83 View Post
    I will still see it when it comes out though, I just hope australia gets a Theatre Release.
    Why wouldn't the film be released in Australia? Unless "Australia" is a cardboard box you drew a screen onto with crayons and picture the movies onto the screen with your mind.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-29-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    When the announcement of this remake first came down, and news surfaced that Robert would not be sliding back into the glove, I was as furious as any other Englund Purist out there. But when Haley's performance as Rorschach was giving me flashes of Freddy regardless of my intention to not look for them, I knew that maybe, just maybe, this remake might actually be good.

Yeah, Haley's face and voice are gonna take some getting used to after eight films with Robert, but that's to be expected when your villain doesn't hide behind a mask.

Also, I'm very, very happy that the filmmakers seem to be putting an effort into not only making a good remake, but into making a good horror film. I can't remember the last good horror film I saw that was straight horror, not a horror/comedy. Looks like NOES will be scary once more.

And everything else aside, you can't deny it will be cool to see what kind of nightmare sequences today's technology will give us.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Horror_buff83 View Post
    Liked the trailer, but i didnt like the Look of Freddy, I dont have any Doubts Jackie can pull off a Menacing version of freddy but yeah his facial features suck balls.
    Thought the same thing CGI was terrible but I think the movie itself has potential and he fits the part in the 2 minutes I saw.

Gore is good
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-24-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Aussie_Horror_buff83 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    Why wouldn't the film be released in Australia? Unless "Australia" is a cardboard box you drew a screen onto with crayons and picture the movies onto the screen with your mind.
    It will Get released in Australia but i dont know if it will be released at the Cinema's or just go direct to DVD once the DVD is released.

We have missed out on a Few Horror titles getting a Theatre release over here.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Just a quick question, is it me or is Freddy too short? Looks like Bud Bundy.

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" -Michael Corleone

Scumdog of the universe
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-24-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag NicMonsteR84
    Quote Originally Posted by ZION View Post
    Just a quick question, is it me or is Freddy too short? Looks like Bud Bundy.
    robert englund is fairly short, there is a pic of me and him in my pictures and i am like 6-7 inches taller than him granted i am about 6'4" but still he isnt very tall.

no onto the trailer i am excited for this now, but i also remember being excited for the TCM remake too....... freddys make up doesnt bother me cause its more realistic, in the originals he looks more like a demon than a burn victim, and in this one he looks more realistic which i like. i cant wait for this movie i just hope it turns out good

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    This is REALLY gonna suck...

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Bedogsexor
    This user has no status.

No one is freddy but Robert...

Thrash or Die
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-23-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Personally I'm looking forward to this, Freddy feels fresh for the first time in over 20 years. So what if Haley doesn't look EXACTLY like Englund did as Freddy? He's not supposed to, he looks like a more realistic burn victim, and his voice is fine. I don't like when movies are remade, as all of you do, but if it's going to happen no matter what, why not just go see it? Some really suck ass, but some excel and are amazing. For instance The Thing remake was so much better than the original.

Killing Is My Busines... And Business Is Good!

#1 Irish Fan!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-03-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    How can any self-respecting ANOES fan be excited about this. They brought in a shit-director of crap music videos, it's being produced by the Anti-Christ himself, Michael Bay, an awful cast and Freddy Krueger no has both a lisp and has shrunk about 5 inches and now wobbles like a Teletubbie (okay I added that part).

It's just another cash-in attempt by completely destroying a horror icon and basically throwing shit at the screen and hoping mindless teens lineup in the bunches to spend $10.00 a pop...

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
    How can any self-respecting ANOES fan be excited about this. They brought in a shit-director of crap music videos, it's being produced by the Anti-Christ himself, Michael Bay, an awful cast and Freddy Krueger no has both a lisp and has shrunk about 5 inches and now wobbles like a Teletubbie (okay I added that part).

It's just another cash-in attempt by completely destroying a horror icon and basically throwing shit at the screen and hoping mindless teens lineup in the bunches to spend $10.00 a pop...
    My favorite part of this whole tirade is that he has a F13 remake picture in his sig. A movie that was produced by Michael Bay and directed by a guy who used to do music videos

Last edited by strtfghtr; 09-29-2009 at 07:45 AM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

#1 Irish Fan!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-03-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Yea that was old and I was suckered into that movie as well...Not anymore.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post

I'm a self-respecting fan and I'm excited about this. Fuller seems to really care about the project, so I give him the benefit of the doubt there until the movie comes out. Yeah, Michael Bay isn't great, but I did enjoy the Transformer films, so Bay's not completely on my shit list. I haven't seen enough of the cast to tell you how I feel about then yet. Lastly, JEH is an amazing actor, who I think can pull off Freddy just fine. Besides, Freddy's voice in the original film sounds a lot different than it does in later films. The height issue...well, nothing I can say there. Also, they're going with different make-up to make him look like a real burn victim, so I don't mind seeing this take on the character.

You know, I love Robert Englund. I've long said I wouldn't want Freddy without Robert, and that they should have rounded out the original series and laid Robert's Freddy to rest for good. I'm also heavily against remakes. Hated Halloween, didnt see H2, thought Friday th 13th wasn't very good. TCM was the only good one,a nd it had a just ok prequel. HOWEVER, this film doesn't look too bad so far, and despite hating the idea of someone else in the Freddy role, I like JEH, and beginning a new series with a new, decidedly younger Freddy may not be such a bad idea since no one lives forever. But when the movie comes out, i may be eating my words, or rehoicing that this movie was actually done right. Time will tell.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    I'm not sure I agree with the whole constant 'these teens are awful because they're glossy looking' argument that seems to have been recurring with these new remakes.

I saw it with F13 09 and I see it with this movie.

The only difference between then and now is style, trends, etc otherwise they are glossy all the same. Making them look the way they are now only makes sense. Sometimes I think people keep waiting for one of these remakes to simply go retro in style with the teens and that ain't happening considering they market this stuff towards them.

If anything I think Platinum Dunes does a decent job in this department whereas you give a guy like Rob Zombie creative control and all of his characters look like burnt out hicks with no differentiation between them.

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    The movie doesn't look very good and I wasn't a fan of the original. I will probably end up seeing it but the idea of people dying in their dreams is pretty damn lame. Should be a great movie for today's 9-12 year old audiences though

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

BornDeadDieAlive
    This user has no status.

Always thought freddy was the beat horror icon out of Vorhees and Mike Myers. The trailer looks decent. They are filming it 5 minutes from Chicago where I am so that will make me want to see it even more. This is a new take of Freddy,I wasn't expecting Robert Englund to do a voice over lol. I thought Freddy looked weak from the glimpse of how they showed him, but those photos a couple post back looked pretty decent actually. I will check it out I am not going to lie....hey if I waste 10 bucks so what I have wasted my money on dumber things.

Last edited by BornDeadDieAlive; 09-29-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Effects look shitty. I mean the Freddy makeup ain't terrible, but I am sugarcoating that a little. Judging by the trailer, we're gonna get lame CGI FX and unimaginative dream sequences; judging by the script from a few months back the kills won't exactly be spectacular and we'll be treated to more than a few lame jump scares.

But enough bitching; a "Nightmare" movie is a "Nightmare" movie, right? I'll obviously be seeing this mostly for the simple fact that, other than Freddy vs Jason, I was never able to see a ANOES film in theaters, and whether it sucks or not, at least we get to see Freddy slicing up some motherfuckers.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I won't trash it until I see it or a white horse shows up in a trailer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast