Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZION View Post
    Just a quick question, is it me or is Freddy too short? Looks like Bud Bundy.
    Haley is pretty short. Something like 5'2".
    Quote Originally Posted by Beweird View Post
    No one is freddy but Robert...
    Really easy to say that when he's the only actor who you've ever seen play Freddy. I'm sure lots of people thought that Christopher Lee was going to suck as Dracula.

And as for the music video director, thing, David Fincher directed music videos in the beginning of his career, too; artists like Madonna, Paula Abdul, and Aerosmith. Now he's the best director working in Hollywood. Give Samuel Bayer a fucking chance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    To hell with your logic cmurder! To hell with it I say!

I don't know if it's because I don't like ANOES at all or what, but I really don't see what the big deal is about the new makeup that makes it look so horrible.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
    How can any self-respecting ANOES fan be excited about this. They brought in a shit-director of crap music videos, it's being produced by the Anti-Christ himself, Michael Bay, an awful cast and Freddy Krueger no has both a lisp and has shrunk about 5 inches and now wobbles like a Teletubbie (okay I added that part).
    ANOES fans like myself who are sickened at the idea of Freddy playing with an NES and turning his victims into meatballs are looking forward to this movie. Sure Bay is involved, but that didn't stop me from liking Friday the 13th. And how the hell do you know Haley is terrible as Freddy? After the thirty seconds of screen time we got of him, you've already deduced that his entire performance is flat out horrible. That's fucking stupid.

I sure as hell didn't hear a lisp out of Freddy's mouth. And forgive him for not being the exact same size as Robert, or have you not figured out he's not supposed to be Robert? It's Haley's performance. He's not trying to look, sound, and be shaped like Englund, because there are already eight movies that feature those characteristics.

It's just another cash-in attempt by completely destroying a horror icon and basically throwing shit at the screen and hoping mindless teens lineup in the bunches to spend $10.00 a pop...
    I fail to see how Freddy is being destroyed. Or do you enjoy the shittyness of Freddy's Dead? Do you miss a dog pissing fire and reviving Freddy? This movie is shaping up to be like the original movie where he wasn't an anti-hero telling lame jokes. If anything, they're reviving a horror icon, but you're too stupid and close minded to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm vol.2 View Post
    To hell with your logic cmurder! To hell with it I say!
    Heh, yeah. Damn me to Hell for making sense. I can't wait to be called a Haley fanboy or something like that so I can call them an idiotic Englund fanboy who's going to go see the movie anyway.

Last edited by cmurdur; 09-29-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    I like the atmosphere here. Looks like their going back to scary ass freddy and not "lets kill them using a video game" freddy. And the face....eh its not BAD its just different. Used to Freddy looking a certain way. This is a more realistic looking burn victim. And I liked in the beginning how he acted all timid and scared instead of super confident. I watch Criminal Minds so much thats how somebody like that would probably actually act. And this also looks to be pretty true to the series. They just changed Freddy around a bit. I'll give it a shot. Haley is a great actor anyway. And his voice was pretty decent. He kinda resembled old freddy that way.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanosaurus View Post

But enough bitching; a "Nightmare" movie is a "Nightmare" movie, right? I'll obviously be seeing this mostly for the simple fact that, other than Freddy vs Jason, I was never able to see a ANOES film in theaters, and whether it sucks or not, at least we get to see Freddy slicing up some motherfuckers.
    I completely agree with this part of your statement. I'll be 21 when this come sout and FvsJ was the only one I got to see in thaters.

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    Looks like shit, and doesn't really seem to be adding anything, the cast just got prettier.

No loss for me, the only ANOES movie I really like is the 3rd.

calling it a cash grab for teens is a bit redundant, that's exactly what part 2 - Fvs.J were.

Last edited by choptop2; 09-29-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Life... 2 inches to the left.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Trailer seems weak, but I get that feeling from trailers from alot of movies lately so I won't hold it against this one.

I have no desire to see this in theatres. Its my "don't watch remakes on the big screen policy". A policy built on years and years of worthless remakes that have taught me to only watch original or semi-original films on the big screen and wait on remakes to hit online/dvds.

To be honest, I see this film failing and, for the most part, it has nothing to do with the film. "Robert is Freddy" is a shadow this film won't get out from under. That shadow dooms it to never get a fair viewing from a large portion of the audiance. Every word, glove flick, laugh, and step this Freddy does will be compared to Robert... It is destined to be rolled over the coals on every forum, discussion site, and parents' basement in every way. For that, I feel sorry for everyone in this film without even seeing it... much like I felt sorry for everyone in the new Indiana Jones flick and episodes 1,2,3 of Star Wars. Cannot escape the shadow. :poorguy:

Looking forward to more clips though, at least I'll get to hear the song more. :mhehe:

Our immortality is found in the words and actions of our children.

You see relatives at holidays, weddings, and funerals, but family is always with you.

Do not steal, rape, or murder. Everything else is fair game.

Facing failure is easier than running from regret.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutter Kane View Post
    I won't trash it until I see it or a white horse shows up in a trailer.
    :lol2:

You see relatives at holidays, weddings, and funerals, but family is always with you.

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by slimeisacharacter View Post
    To be honest, I see this film failing and, for the most part, it has nothing to do with the film. "Robert is Freddy" is a shadow this film won't get out from under. That shadow dooms it to never get a fair viewing from a large portion of the audiance. Every word, glove flick, laugh, and step this Freddy does will be compared to Robert... It is destined to be rolled over the coals on every forum, discussion site, and parents' basement in every way. For that, I feel sorry for everyone in this film without even seeing it... much like I felt sorry for everyone in the new Indiana Jones flick and episodes 1,2,3 of Star Wars. Cannot escape the shadow. :poorguy:
    I have to disagree.

You can't really compare ANOES to Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as those two films have a very large international following and are deeply embedded into our culture. While ANOES is not. It does have a large following in the horror community, but people seem to forget that the horror community doesn't make up a very large portion of the movie going audience. Him and his glove are a pop culture icon, but there are still a number of people who haven't seen any of the movies and still won't.

Give that, as pointed out, this is a movie for teenagers and the amount of horror fans cannot even match the numbers of the teenage movie going audience. These days, kids want movies that are more modern and up to date which is why all remakes have done so well and this movie will be no different.

All of the ANOES fans and horror fans will bitch piss and moan, non-stop about this remake (and every remake that follows) but truth be told most will be at theaters to see this, along with every other teenager/young-adult who wants to go see a scary movie, and it will do good at the box office.

People can try to come up with every excuse they want, that "real" Freddy fans won't go and see it, because Robert Englund isn't playing Freddy nobody will go see it, and horror fans won't see it. Whatever. But the truth is, it is going to do very well at the box office, just simply because every other remake has. So why would this be any different?

STONER BASHING TIME
    STONER BASHING TIME

Status
    Last Online
    08-21-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Freddy isn't Dracula for crying out loud

Couple of years we will see a new Freddy flick just called "Freddy"

"Ya damn lil bashtards with yer rail-guns... I was fuckin people up with my pipebombs on Duke Nukem when you were a shittin yer pampers..." - UHM's Reverend, WarBeast

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreds_of_Flesh View Post
    Freddy isn't Dracula for crying out loud
    Of course not, but the situation is exactly the same. And I'm certain that Freddy will live past our lifetimes.

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    Of course not, but the situation is exactly the same. And I'm certain that Freddy will live past our lifetimes.
    In our childrens' dreams

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I agree with the Dracula comparison, Lee was my fav Drac so I'm willing to give someone else a shot at the Freddy mantle, and if it sucks then it sucks... :dunno:

I'm willing to give this a shot just like any other horror movie, though I'm keeping my expectations low.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

The Stoner In The Horror Movie
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 80
    Jackie Earle Haley has signed on to play Freddy Krueger in not one but three Nightmare on Elm Street films

I don't wanna see this movie, since I'm a big fan of the Series, but of course I'll see it. Most likely I won't like it as much but who knows. But I'm with some of you people, I don't like how he looks at all.

Non Horror Draft Winners
    #1 Get Some
    #2 Steelba
    #3 Steelba
    #4 strtfghtr

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    well the remake cant get any shittier than the whole POS franchise. It can't get any worse, can it?

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    The only good Nightmare was the first 1 anywayz. It was dark and Freddy was just evil. And the lead actress couldn't act herself out of a wet paper bag.
    I hope this movie is good.
    And someone mentioned that the pics look more like a real burn victim? I agree, he looks just like one of my neighbors (who is a burned victim and that's if there isn't post production changes in his look).

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post
    In our childrens' dreams
    :shakes:

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm vol.2 View Post

People can try to come up with every excuse they want, that "real" Freddy fans won't go and see it, because Robert Englund isn't playing Freddy nobody will go see it, and horror fans won't see it. Whatever. But the truth is, it is going to do very well at the box office, just simply because every other remake has. So why would this be any different?
    Cause it feels different, at least to me. Nope, I don't have an opinion on the film. The 2 min clip doesn't give me enough to make one. But, it feels like people are dancing around this remake different than they did before the F13th remake came out, or RZ's Halloween, or the countless other remakes. Thats why I feel it will fail, because it feels like people are not treating it like 'just another remake'.

Not talking about the teen droves, I rarely do. Those mindless masses rarely count in any point I try to make outside of how much this or that will make opening weekend. I do think some people undervalue just how many non-horror fans know Freddy though. Given, a number of folks don't know/care, but Freddy is one of the more... whats the word... marketed(?) horror icons this side of Universal Studios' classics like Dracula and the Wolfman. I have meet folks that don't know what ANOES is, but they know Freddy. (odd, but happens)

Anyways, rambling aside... point of it all is: It doesn't feel like "just another remake", so I don't think it will get a fair shake from many thinking (non-teen) veiwers.

Obluda
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 239
    This just puts me in a bad mood. If you exclude Freddy's presence in the trailer, it looks like any other ghost movie that's recently come out. And when you do see Freddy...WHAT? He looks like a freakin' alien! You can tell they're trying to follow Nolan's Two-Face, making it more "realistic", but come on. Having Freddy look like a real burn victim is kinda debilitating to his character, and that is insulting. What we understood about Freddy Krueger was that after he died, he became a demon, a plague.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    I think people are throwing too many comparisons around and deciding the movie sucks prior to giving it a chance. Perhaps it's different for me because i never really found Freddy all that scary in the first place and although i think Englund is great i really don;t think having another actor take up the mantle is a big deal at all.
    I'm going to give this movie a chance just to see how they updated things and see if they can actually scare me a little... just a little.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast