Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458

WHO WANTS TO HELP OUT IN THE HALLOWEEN PROJECT?

I'm making the body suit of the monster as we speak, a lot of people have come to do the project so far, but I'm still in need of a few roles to fill into the slots for my project, if you can help me that's great, but if you can't I'll understand, but if you want to come aboard ask some friends around and see if they'd like to have fun with this, it'll be fun.

The horror film is called "NIGHT OF THE GRIZZLER" where it centers around three little friends that live in a town where a horrible creature stalks the people at night and savagely murders and devours them for his love for Halloween in order to celebrate it every October month. While the friends are trick-or-treating they begin to tell the story of how the creature became to be!

Please note that when you look at the list of parts below you must know this: THIS IS NOT A PAYING GIG. This is merely a film that is being made for the sake of art as would be the first film if you’re interested, and for the sake of your art in acting. No body is getting paid, but I will contribute a cast and crew dinner for everyone’s divine effort in making this film happen, you’ll all be the hands that help me sculpt this dream into a memorable masterpiece. You’re all a very important aspect of the movie no matter what anyone says everyone is a remarkable treasure of this piece so I trust you’ll all do your very best!

I need the following roles of both acting and production of the following:

PRODUCTION:

CINEMATOGRAPHER if anyone could help out with what kind of lighting and I'd need to make a great vision come to life in a shot, please notify me.

ACTING:

CRAT is the leader of the punk gang, toughass with a green mohawk. Caucasian, 5'7", thin, short hair (Will require a little colored green mohawk).

BASH is the right hand man, a cool african punk in the gang. African-American, 5'9", thin, short black hair.

JULIE is a young, playful little blond-haired sister who loves to try and have fun with her friends, TAYLOR and TYLER, and she's jealous of her sister CARRIE at times because of her figure, JULIE is wearing an Alice in Wonderland costume ready to go out tonight. Caucasian, 5'2", petite, long blond hair.

CARRIE is the picky, playful big sister of JULIE, busty, buxum, long black-haired beauty with a teasing side to her, but is mature in her own way. (There is a scene where it requires flashing, but only for a few minutes and that's it, no sex scenes) 18-years-old, caucasian, 5'7", buxum (almost E cup size), long black curly hair.

TAYLOR is JULIE'S best friend, though she is what others would call her a "chicken heart" due to the fact she seems to get scared a lot, TAYLOR is wearing a black cat costume and carries her own trick or treat bag. 18-years-old, caucasian, 5'3", petite, shoulder-length light brown hair.

TYLER is TAYLOR'S boyfriend who's JULIE'S good friend all the same, he's been known to be a teasing joker around this pals and likes to have fun, like JULIE, TYLER wears a big pink bloody bunny suit with a freakish skull mask. 19-years-old, caucasian, 6'1", thin, short black hair.

CREEPY DUDE is the town's old story-teller, an old timer who has stories to warn the little kiddies of what dangers could happen to them, he has some dry dirty-looking tan coveralls on with an orange cap, his features look a little too creey and haunting to be considered normal, but he is, thinking about warning the little trick-or-treaters. 68-years-old, caucasian, 6'1", thin, short white hair (Will require makeup).

DETECTIVE SCRIMM is an 70-year-old senior detective who has a sad past of his grandson being killed by GRIZZLER, and holds a heavy heart when he looks over the files of missing or presumed dead people, and he's a tough old man who takes his job seriously. 70-years-old man, caucasian, 5'9", thin, short-combed white hair (May accuire makeup).

PUNK TRICK-OR-TREATERS #1 and #2 are a ring of tricksters that are preparing to pull pranks on everyone in the street while they trick-or-treat around them. Two 17-year-old boys, any, 5'8", thin, short hair.

TRICK-OR-TREATER is a dude who tries to stop Grizzler from killing the other trick-or-treaters, but is burned by Grizzler and slaughtered to death. (THERE WILL BE A EITHER A MAKEUP PROTHETIC OR VISUAL EFFECT FOR THIS, THERE'S NO NEED TO WORRY) 17-year-old boy, any, 5'7", any weight, any hair.

MR. ROMERO is a plump old man in the Grizzler flashback, who while chopping u some wood for the fall is murdered by Grizzler. 56-year-old man, caucasian, 5'5", plump, baldish head with little white hair around it.

FATHER GRIZZLER is Grizzler's father from the flashback, who's always been so unkind to Grizzler and usually beated him for celebrating Halloween instead of keeping to their backwoods heritage. 47-year-old man, caucasian, 5'7", thin, short black hair.

If anyone has any interest in the roles or crew please contact me at:
    E-mail: Tajohansen13cscom@yahoo.com
    Cell: (513)-476-8055

Dates for auditions will be announced.

As far as dates for filming are concerned the date is for now set for October 18th-24th, 2009 3pm-11pm, the locations will be decided by the director, but of course all those will be informed before hand where we'll be shooting the film.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my message and I hope we can make Night of the Grizzler one of the best damn Halloween horror films out there! Take very good care.

For questions about the script, please contact me through my e-mail.

Toby Johansen
    (tajohansen13cscom@yahoo.com)
    (513)-476-8055

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Drunken Master
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-31-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    :straightface2:

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    Scrap this project and start work on another. You have 11 speaking parts and a 6 day shooting schedule without any locked locations.

Write a short, focused script No more than 5-8 pages. Have 2-3 speaking parts and 2 INTERIOR locations that you know you have. Keep it down to 2 actors that way you only have to focus on getting two performances. Also try not to go for 60+ year old actors right now. With no pay it's gonna be hard to get older professional actors.
    -------------

I am not trying to bring you down. I just want to warn you before you bite off more than you can chew. I did that a lot and now I have a few unfinished shorts that were a waste of everyone's time and money.

------------------

Keep it simple and focused on a single idea that can be told in five minutes. Practice your compositions. Play around with Practical lighting. Make sure your set dressing looks good. What type of Lens do you have? Can you play with Depth of Field?

You gain a lot of more experience (and have something finished!) working on small projects, rather than trying to squeeze a feature story into a short film.

Last edited by choptop2; 10-06-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Drunken Master
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-31-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    :straightface2:

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    P.S. do not hire nightmares. You'll only get blank stares

Drunken Master
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-31-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    move the location to CT within walking distance to my house and only shoot on weekends and you got my help :bigthumbup:

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    I know I'm biting off more than I can chew. But if you could look at it this way, there's no way you could ever make Grizzler into one 10 minute short film or even 20, there'd be no way, because if you've read the comic why would you want to see just the same old thing again? Why not build more into that and change it a bit, still keep some of the stuff in there and just adding more characters.

No one knows who Scrimm looks like, nor Redfield, Carrie's the only one you have, but I want to make this as it should be, and a 35 minute short is just the way to go, it may look like it's a feature film benting on going to a short length, but so far from what I've recieved I've found a couple of actors, a cinematographer, a buddy from a halloween store who says he'd help me with some of the gore and makeup effects, I'm going to get ACTV to help me by offering whatever equipment they can lend me after working with them for a bit and so they can show it on public television.

I know, I know, I realize I do have to take time with what details I can feature, and you should know I am. This is going to be a work of art that should be remembered in the horror genre as much as it is a comic book adaption. I've tried out some lighting with HACKSAW, as soon as that film's finished, and I've worked on its visuals with the faces of the killer when he looks one way, so I do believe I can make a great director and tell them "this is how I want it to look". And in reality as much as you can direct the crew to do great work, they'll give you what they can give you, and it's best to believe in what you can for they're true artists themselves.

Not trying to sound like I'm barking at anyone, and I humbley respect your concerns and suggestions. I'm really just making a film because I feel like doing one for Halloween...and you guys should see this Grizzler outfit of what I'm doing to it so far!

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

+ Reply to Thread