My Mood
    Brooding
    Add Destinie2EatU on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Angry Destruction of Legacy

Destruction of Legacy
    I'm screaming! Can you hear me? I cant take it anymore, these remakes have to stop! After watching the new trailer for the (Remake) Nightmare on Elm Street, I feel I have to speak up as a TRUE horror Fan!

I'm sure some of you will not agree with me and may even get angry and that's fine I'm OK with that, however I'm not OK with someone copying and ruining another persons story and thought. These Remakes are basically plagiarism, Copying. I cant for the life of me understand why new concepts are not barked upon and huge Legacy movies are being sought-after and ruined. Its one thing to redo a Movie, with the same writer and preferably the same Actor as the Villain. ( Now I know this isn't always possible or necessary) Hints: Michael Myers, Jason, The Hills have eyes, Child's play) Well you get my drift, Movies that the Villain and his look/Voice/ Personality were easily replaced. Some movies this isn't and shouldn't be feasible, Such As Freddy Krueger, Pennywise, Pinhead, (Seth Brundle "The Fly"). These Actors made these characters. No one can replace them, and no one should think of trying. However have you seen the New Nightmare on Elm street Trailer? I really thought it was a spoof of some kind? You can't replace Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger. He Is Freddy Krueger. :soapbox:
    Sure some movies need to be updated, remade if you would. NOT RUINED!!! To people who are of my age you understand. We grew up on these movies, and just like you don't want your favorite jeans ruined, well I don't want my Favorite Character based movies ruined either. You cant remake greatness. Some may come close, but most fail. So then what we waster 27,000,000 on a remake movie, when we could have feed and housed suffering families.
    I'm not saying all remakes are horrible and should be banned. Some of actually turned out quite nice, however these were not character based films. They were more for the gore and death scenes. Some foreign film although great films, do benefit greatly with a remake.
    New concepts are great such as: Plague Town, Jennifer's Body, Resident Evil, Zombieland, Edens Lake, REC. You get what I'm saying I'm sure. Your horror fans right? So I'm eager to hear your opinion on the Subject.
    So please feel free to share your insight!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep.

Yo, she-bitch! Let's go

STONER BASHING TIME
    STONER BASHING TIME

Status
    Last Online
    08-21-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Did you just say Resident Evil?

"Ya damn lil bashtards with yer rail-guns... I was fuckin people up with my pipebombs on Duke Nukem when you were a shittin yer pampers..." - UHM's Reverend, WarBeast

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    (Seth Brundle "The Fly")

-----------------------------
    which was a remake. quit yo' bitching.

You don't have to see these films. It's that simple. no remake has "destroyed" a movie. If anything they probably increase DVD sales of cash-in re-releases.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    No double spacing between paragraphs

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop2 View Post
    You don't have to see these films. It's that simple.
    :nod:

Chinadoll
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreds_of_Flesh View Post
    Yes, she did just say that.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    I just see this big, white blur of stupidity.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-07-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    I just see this big, white blur of stupidity.
    Stupidity huh? Did you even read what she wrote? This is a true horror fan giving her complete Opinion and that makes her Stupid???...I find this Hilarious. This is a very well thought out thread with meaning and has a great point unlike most threads out there. How dare you call somebodies work Stupid. Do you even know who this chick is? I bet you dont and when you find out I bet you are gonna be the big blur of Stupidity.

Last edited by big83mike; 10-19-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-07-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Resident Evil is not a remake of any movie, It was taken from a Video game and given a new Concept to it.

STONER BASHING TIME
    STONER BASHING TIME

Status
    Last Online
    08-21-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    New concept of basically ruining a video games story. Same thing as ruining a movie for remaking it.

"Ya damn lil bashtards with yer rail-guns... I was fuckin people up with my pipebombs on Duke Nukem when you were a shittin yer pampers..." - UHM's Reverend, WarBeast

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-07-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Ahhhh yes and no..Most people when playing a game will be like damn I wish they would make this a movie. I mean they take movies and turn them into games, Its not played out the same as the game/movie. When you talk about changing a character based movie and remaking it into something so called Original then you are re doing and possibly trashing the whole movie

STONER BASHING TIME
    STONER BASHING TIME

Status
    Last Online
    08-21-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Movie based games are based off the films, with more added. Resident Evil movie just shitted over the 'Legacy' of the series. But honestly I kinda don't understand what you just said. :mhehe:

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-07-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Movie based games are based off the films, with more added. Resident Evil movie just shitted over the 'Legacy' of the series. But honestly I kinda don't understand what you just said. :mhehe:
    Ok its like when they make a game from a movie, lets say Transformers for example, the Game is not the movie. It is different. I dont like that they made Resident evil, at all but..it does differ from the game. When Resident was presented for a movie concept, they were out of ideas for a good zombie flick and unfortunately this plot was stolen. Its different when you have a movie that is based off of A character like Freddy and switch it up. Freddy is the movie. You change him you change the movie. But anyway to each his own

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by big83mike View Post
    Stupidity huh? Did you even read what she wrote? This is a true horror fan giving her complete Opinion and that makes her Stupid???...I find this Hilarious. This is a very well thought out thread with meaning and has a great point unlike most threads out there. How dare you call somebodies work Stupid. Do you even know who this chick is? I bet you dont and when you find out I bet you are gonna be the big blur of Stupidity.
    People need to get off this ridiculous 'true horror fan' nonsense. It's just stupid.

And I know you came in here to defend your wife, that's fine. I don't really have a problem with you or her, but her post was rather pointless. Remakes are going to happen; that's all there is to it. Sitting around bitching about it and saying companies shouldn't do it isn't going to accomplish anything, especially since they're going to keep on doing what makes them money, not listen to whiney horror fans.

If you don't like remakes there is only one thing to do, don't pay to watch them. Don't give them your money and don't be apart of the numbers that show production companies that there is money to be made in remakes. There is nothing forcing anybody to watch these movies. But if you do watch them, then you have absolutely no business to complain about remakes since you are apart of the problem. (I don't know what movies you guys have watched or haven't watched, I'm speaking in general terms here.)

No legacy's are being destroyed. Even after Rob Zombie's films, everyone still remembers the original Halloween and Michael Myers. (And lets be honest, the remakes couldn't possibly do anymore "damage" to Michael that wasn't done with H20 and Ressurection.) Everyone still remembers the original Friday the 13th and Jason, even after the remake. And Freddy Krueger and all of his movies will still be around and doing just fine after his remake. Life will go on. The world of these horror icons will still continue to spin. And the originals will still be there for you to enjoy.

If people prefer the remakes to the original, well then I guess you can always sit there and tell them they aren't true horror fans then to make yourself feel better.

Thrash or Die
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-23-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    This Thread = Fail

Killing Is My Busines... And Business Is Good!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm vol.2 View Post
    People need to get off this ridiculous 'true horror fan' nonsense. It's just stupid.

And I know you came in here to defend your wife, that's fine. I don't really have a problem with you or her, but her post was rather pointless. Remakes are going to happen; that's all there is to it. Sitting around bitching about it and saying companies shouldn't do it isn't going to accomplish anything, especially since they're going to keep on doing what makes them money, not listen to whiney horror fans.

If you don't like remakes there is only one thing to do, don't pay to watch them. Don't give them your money and don't be apart of the numbers that show production companies that there is money to be made in remakes. There is nothing forcing anybody to watch these movies. But if you do watch them, then you have absolutely no business to complain about remakes since you are apart of the problem. (I don't know what movies you guys have watched or haven't watched, I'm speaking in general terms here.)

No legacy's are being destroyed. Even after Rob Zombie's films, everyone still remembers the original Halloween and Michael Myers. (And lets be honest, the remakes couldn't possibly do anymore "damage" to Michael that wasn't done with H20 and Ressurection.) Everyone still remembers the original Friday the 13th and Jason, even after the remake. And Freddy Krueger and all of his movies will still be around and doing just fine after his remake. Life will go on. The world of these horror icons will still continue to spin. And the originals will still be there for you to enjoy.

If people prefer the remakes to the original, well then I guess you can always sit there and tell them they aren't true horror fans then to make yourself feel better.

UHM On Call Tooth Yanker
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-15-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Im not saying that if you like a remake you are not a true horror fan, And i dont need to think that to feel better about myself, Because I know Im a great Human being.
    I can only hope from these remakes that a new generation will discover the Originals and take the same pleasure as I have. To me these movies are Legacy's. To you maybe not! Just as if you say I dont have to watch these movies, you as well do not have to read or post to my Thread. People have a differ of opinion. Some movies Benefit from a makeover sure and in MY Opinion do not need to be redone taking out the things the made it great to begin with. I know its a cash cow, and I cant say if I were them that I wouldnt do the same thing. I also cant say that I have never enjoyed a remake because I have, many of them. and your right I dont have to watch these movies, but it is my job and more so my passion. Please dont ridicule me for speaking my opinion its fine to give yours..But no reason to put me down, Call me stupid or tell me Im b**ching. No one deserves to be put down, but hey if it makes YOU feel better then go ahead cause it will not bring me down. There is just no need for it!

Last edited by Destinie2EatU; 10-19-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep.

Yo, she-bitch! Let's go

The Hater of Everything
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'm well aware that it's your opinion, and that I don't have to read your threads. But I did, and because I did, I challenged your opinion because I didn't agree with what you said. This is what happens when you voice your opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with what you have to say and are more than likely going to express themselves. In this case it's because I find complaining about remakes to be tedious and silly, especially at this point. Also because I think going so far to say that remakes are "destroying a legacy" is extremely silly. How are they destroying it exactly? It's not like all the original films are being destroyed and their existence is being wiped away from the memories of pop-culture to make room for the remakes. As pointed out, the remakes often bring about re-releases of the original movies.

Take a look at the Universal Monsters; look at how many times those stories have been redone and adapted by somebody else. Are their legacy's destroyed?

And I didn't insult you, I said you were bitching about remakes because that's what you were doing. That's not insulting you, that's making an observation. For a film critic, I would imagine that you would have thicker skin that that and wouldn't take someone saying, "Your bitching" so personal.

Last edited by cataclysm vol.2; 10-19-2009 at 01:34 AM.

UHM On Call Tooth Yanker
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-15-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    I like being challenged and having to view my point, because sometimes I can see things in a different sight. I have very thick skin, And you that post was directed solely to you. So other people had posted things that werent an needed. Remakes like I said can be a great thing. However in the case of a Character base film, when the Actor who plays the character is changed and then on top of that the character its self is changed, to me it is Destroyed it is no longer what it once was.
    This simply wasnt a thread to just B**tch it was to show support to the Original and it let it be known that these movies are important. Dont think for a second Im trying to ban remakes, because I will be first in line to see these movies. I just find it disheartening to take someone elses ideas, there pride and joy, and do with it what you will.
    And to answer about the Universal monsters being Adapted, if they were actor/ character based then yes they are. I mean by that if the movie is more remembered for the Actor who gave life to that character, and how that Character took over the movie, and it is remade without that Actor to give those qualities to that Character.

Yo, she-bitch! Let's go

STONER BASHING TIME
    STONER BASHING TIME

Status
    Last Online
    08-21-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Characters huh? I still go back to Resident Evil on that one.

"Freddy is the movie. You change him you change the movie. But anyway to each his own " - big

Uh, changing the STARS team and not having Spencer's Mansion filled with zombies is changing Resident Evil, No Aplha/Bravo, No Bitch Brad, No Barry. The characters may have showed up in later films, like Jill/Carlos/Claire/Crybaby Nemesis/Shitty Tyrant, but is still nothing from the game, at least the RE3 scene was in Apocalypse . To each his own indeed nvm what I say, you still confused me with what you said :mhehe:

Last edited by Shreds; 10-19-2009 at 02:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast