11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    I know that there are most of you disenchanted with this series, but is there anyone that will be watching this tonight? I know I will be since I haven't planned anything else better I to do

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    I'll be checking it

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    I tried.
    I couldnt do it.
    The second they started playing chandler Briggs band in the goddamn show... nope, im done. Got some NBA to watch.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-24-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    I wanted to stop watching, but I will probably watch since I already spent so much damn time with this show. I feel like I need to see it to the end.

Last edited by Freddy316; 02-25-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 101
    I thought that the first season was excellent, that season 2 was even better (still my favorite of the series), and that season 3 was strong but flawed. But from the very first episode of season 4, which marked the beginning of Scott Gimple's run, the shift in quality of writing and lack of focus was almost jarring. And IMO the show has gotten progressively worse with each subsequent season. I was for sure it couldn't get any worse than that god-awful season 7, then Gimple proved he could go even lower with season 8.

At this point I'm mostly watching out of habit, and because I dig Andy Lincoln. No matter how atrocious this show has become, or how much more atrocious it might get, you can count on Lincoln to bring his A-game each and every episode. Shit show or not, the fact that he's not even been nominated for an Emmy, let alone won one, is a god damn crime. I really wish the show would go back to deserving his level of dedication.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 02-25-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon of the Dead View Post
    I thought that the first season was excellent, that season 2 was even better (still my favorite of the series), and that season 3 was strong but flawed. But from the very first episode of season 4, which marked the beginning of Scott Gimple's run, the shift in quality of writing and lack of focus was almost jarring. And IMO the show has gotten progressively worse with each subsequent season. I was for sure it couldn't get any worse than that god-awful season 7, then Gimple proved he could go even lower with season 8.
    So, with the first half of season 4 you can tell that it was written differently and that it was quickly edited, but not too much, to try to do that change up they wanted.

This was also the point i said "fuck this shit" and here's why.
    Prior to this it did a great job at creating an atmosphere where you never knew who was going to die or how. Be it another group or be it a zombie, you just never knew.
    With season 4 they have the illness in the prison and EVERYONE except most of the newly added characters survives the illness.... now... .at this point, i dont even mind them surviving an attack simply because they are all battle tested and its reasonable to say they could all survive an attack or two (although much more would be ridiculous) BUT what we saw here was an airborne illness. Something they could not control at all.

That's when i said "and here we go with the basic sy fy original series", and they never looked back since. The writing got so bad that we ended up seeing seasons like... 6 and 7, where they have to add so many filler episodes, there's more filler episodes than actual story line episodes and the fake out deaths or the Negan intro... holy fuck. All they do is pander to ratings.

Do i still watch? Yah, ill probably miss the first few episodes of this season and then catch up later on. But i no longer care about any aspect of this show. Like, Carl just died, ive been invested in this show for 9 years and the comic like 12, yet i didnt give a shit.
    Fear is very hit or miss, but thats far more than we can say about TWD. That first season of Fear, was one of the best shows ive seen on tv, a lot of people don't give it the credit it deserves because they wanted big-badda-booms and instead it was more about character development, tension and imaging and suggesting fears.

So TWD is no longer well written and produced, hasnt been for years.
    Game of Thrones is fun but its writing has turned into a joke.
    Doctor Who has not been well written since like 2008 and of course, now its a female doctor, which IMO kind of fucks that character up.
    So as far as well written TV shows left... i mean.... Better Call Saul is probably beating everyone right now. Followed up by Always Sunny and Archer. Westworld, i dunno... i have my reservations about continuing that series, especially now that they are straying from the original material. Ash vs Evil Dead while a great show, is very confused in its writing (probably because they fired everyone half way through season 2).

I JUST CHECKED IN ON TWD BEFORE IT ENDED, THEY FUCKING RUINED THE WHOLE GODDAMN STORY ARC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 02-25-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    So the ep. was pretty much what I expected it to be. A 90 min. episode that devoted 60 min. to the Carl decaffeination pity party parade. The gratuitous "we have to change - we can make the world a better place - it doesn't have to be like this" blah, blah, blah endless drivel. The only thing missing was the proverbial guitar thumping and verses of Kumbaya.

It's sad to see a show of once great promise succumb to such the literary apocalypse that it has, and IMO it still reigns as the undisputed heavyweight champion of shitty writing.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Pretty much expected a tearful good-bye to Carl, but they really did drag it out far longer than I actually expected. I do have to agree that the visions of a better future went on far too long for my liking, and I had the feeling that Negan was going to have a part in that vision.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Pretty much expected a tearful good-bye to Carl, but they really did drag it out far longer than I actually expected. I do have to agree that the visions of a better future went on far too long for my liking, and I had the feeling that Negan was going to have a part in that vision.
    And did you enjoy that ending?
    You don't read the comics right?
    So the ending basically said "hey tv viewers, fuck you"

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Nope haven't read a single comic,so I'm pretty much flying blind,and have pretty low expectations as to where the story goes. Nope didn't care that much for that part of the vision when you know Damn well that no one in Rick' party will be happy till they are Began laying in his own pool of blood. Common sense would tell you that there's be no place in that community if he were to even live.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Nope haven't read a single comic,so I'm pretty much flying blind,and have pretty low expectations as to where the story goes. Nope didn't care that much for that part of the vision when you know Damn well that no one in Rick' party will be happy till they are Began laying in his own pool of blood. Common sense would tell you that there's be no place in that community if he were to even live.
    So, they cant really do this with the show now, but in the comics Negan actually becomes a vital part of their city and is the Yang to Ricks Ying.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    It's nice to see that they actually addressed what happened with all the lookouts, because that was one of my complaints last ep. Aside from that it went about how I'd expect, even down to the continuously unnecessary whining to Morgan about not killing people

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    This show is such a hot mess right now.

If im Lauren Cohan, I dump this show ASAP. Sure, they might kill her character off offscreen but so be it. If they leave the door open, I wouldn't come back unless it were the final season. As it is, Lauren Cohan was never the lead actress post Season 3. That became Melissa/Carol. To be fair, Melissa is a good actress and probably better than Cohan, but the writers have basically criminally ignored Maggie for the better part of 4 seasons, much like Carl. The deaths of Hershel and Beth basically did nothing to develop the character, because the writers never cared to put focus there. Same for Glenn.

Its clearly making things up as it goes along, its long drifted into plot over character, etc.

This Network seems content to drag this out because they have no real viable replacement show that will bring people to the Network.

With the ratings going down since Season 5. The Network should seriously consider trying to end this thing on a high note with Season 9 as the series ender, instead of bleeding it dry, leaving any credibility behind.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    With the ratings going down since Season 5. The Network should seriously consider trying to end this thing on a high note with Season 9 as the series ender, instead of bleeding it dry, leaving any credibility behind.
    So, the problem with this is while the ratings continue to drop (while still having amazing season opener and ender numbers), its still head and shoulders above anything else on basic cable. They could cut viewership by 75% and it would be enough to warrant existing.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by El Ahrairah View Post
    So as far as well written TV shows left... i mean.... Better Call Saul is probably beating everyone right now. Followed up by Always Sunny and Archer. Westworld, i dunno... i have my reservations about continuing that series, especially now that they are straying from the original material. Ash vs Evil Dead while a great show, is very confused in its writing (probably because they fired everyone half way through season 2).
    Better Call Saul is one of those shows that defies all expectations. Folks were expecting it to be some some token spin-off or an easy cash-grab, but the damn thing has been outstanding from the get-go.

Have you ever seen the FX show The Americans? Set in the early '80s during the height of US/USSR tension, about a husband-and-wife Soviet spy team masquerading as an all-American family. Kicker #1: Their kids don't know they're spies. Kicker #2: Their neighbor is an FBI special agent whose job it is to sniff out Russian operatives. This show often has more suspense and tension in one episode than a lot of other shows have in an entire season. The writing, performances and direction are routinely fantastic and the attention to period detail is spot-on. Very much worth checking out.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 03-01-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Better Call Saul is one of those shows that defies all expectations. Folks were expecting it to be some some token spin-off or an easy cash-grab, but the damn thing has been outstanding from the get-go.
    Never got around to this one, but there's still hope.

Have you ever seen the FX show The Americans? Set in the early '80s during the height of US/USSR tension, about a husband-and-wife Soviet spy team masquerading as an all-American family. Kicker #1: Their kids don't know they're spies. Kicker #2: Their neighbor is an FBI special agent whose job it is to sniff out Russian operatives. This show often has more suspense and tension in one episode than a lot of other shows have in an entire season. The writing, performances and direction are routinely fantastic and the attention to period detail is spot-on. Very much worth checking out.
    This one I have. Solid in most every way.... and especially so maybe for those of us old enough to remember those tension laden drumbeats from the Cold War yesteryears.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yah ive seen it.
    Its pretty solid. I think it suffers from the same thing that Breaking Bad suffered from and this is "coincidence" being used too much to get characters out of situations, or a bit too much extraordinary writing to get these characters out of the situation.
    But yah, its a solid show. Is it still on? Is there another season?

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The sixth (and final) season starts this month on the 28th.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 262
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    Negan has to go. At first, I liked him. Now I see his presence is killing the series (along with the sappy acting and weak writing).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 164 FirstFirst ... 53103133144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast