Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I love the weekly in depth analysis of every fuckin' detail of every episode...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Once the episode is over I either go to bed or read for a little bit....have never watched The Talking Dead

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    actually.........
    Spoiler...
    I have been told that the long awaited Negan shows up and not Morgan...also told of 2 more deaths in the group Glen and Daryl. Of course my argument was that the show would piss off a lot of viewers if either character is killed off at this point......of course if Negan does indeed show up it is expected that Glen will die shortly there after. But to kill 2 of the main popular characters would also be suicide for the show. But then again you guys have said Daryl wasn't in the comics so his fate lies with the writers of the show, so maybe I'm being fed BS, I'm hoping I am. Since Daryl is the made for TV character maybe he dies instead of Glen, but we will see very soon how this all shakes out

Spoiler...
    If im going by the spoilers that accurately summarized every episode this season, Negan does not show up.
    Remember, this is "no way out", its not "all out war", to introduce Negan is a bit silly because he is introduced in the comics for a very good reason and as a result of Ricks actions. He did not simply randomly show up. Remember, we cant introduce Negan without Jesus and the other camps. Unless they plan on completely rewriting the next 40 issues (translated to show), which i highly doubt.

Personally speaking.... with a bit of trusting in what appears to be a highly accurate spoiler source, i think you're being fed BS.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-20-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    actually.........
    Spoiler...
    I have been told that the long awaited Negan shows up and not Morgan...also told of 2 more deaths in the group Glen and Daryl. Of course my argument was that the show would piss off a lot of viewers if either character is killed off at this point......of course if Negan does indeed show up it is expected that Glen will die shortly there after. But to kill 2 of the main popular characters would also be suicide for the show. But then again you guys have said Daryl wasn't in the comics so his fate lies with the writers of the show, so maybe I'm being fed BS, I'm hoping I am. Since Daryl is the made for TV character maybe he dies instead of Glen, but we will see very soon how this all shakes out

Spoiler...

Well with Daryl suposedly being written into the comics soon, I don't see him being killed off.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Spoiler...

Well with Daryl suposedly being written into the comics soon, I don't see him being killed off.

Spoiler...
    Honestly for a character that never smiles........at least as far as I can ever remember , so its pretty rare if it does happen, and as moody as he is Daryl is my favorite character in the series. I'd be pissed to see him die, but I'd get over it. Writing Daryl into the comics would be a good thing, but would make the argument of which characters die in the tv series and the comics moot since they decide to part ways at least as far as the characters are concerned.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Spoiler...
    Honestly for a character that never smiles........at least as far as I can ever remember , so its pretty rare if it does happen, and as moody as he is Daryl is my favorite character in the series. I'd be pissed to see him die, but I'd get over it. Writing Daryl into the comics would be a good thing, but would make the argument of which characters die in the tv series and the comics moot since they decide to part ways at least as far as the characters are concerned.
    I just mean in the sense of bad timing.. they wouldn't kill him off and then introduce him in the comics. It doesnt make good business sense.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    I'll give it a 5/10.

The first and hopefully ONLY dud of 5B going into the 90 minute finale.

Pros

- Rick going full Shane mode, the scene mirrored the barn scene from Season 2 so well, only substitute Pete for the Barn itself
    - The 3 girls hashing their shit out in the woods, though Sasha seems to be going South without much to do about it
    - Carl getting something to do
    - Glenn telling Nicholas what's what

Cons

- I don't hate the Jessie character for being weak, but I hate how they are cooking up this Pete/Sam dilemma, it feels so forced
    - No Gabriel, I guess he went back his hole somewhere
    - Hopefully Nicholas having Rick's gun is sort of a twisty thing, it would be unfortunate if we are to be forced into believing that he would get another person in the group killed again, unless its to further Glenn's development into killing him, it will be a waste and totally stupid
    - No Abe, hell we saw Tobin in this episode
    - Deanna is indeed a typical politician
    - Whose Maggie?...Beth got more development and screen time in 3 episodes, hell 4 if you count imaginary Beth than Maggie has all season...perhaps they killed the wrong person and forgot about it during script
    - I guess Gabriel's betrayal will be dealt with in the finale...that...or it will be completely brushed aside until next season because of whatever impending doom comes about with that carve happy group called the Wolves...still...if its ignored, I won't be happy

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    I'll have to agree with you ReD somewhat...it was pretty mediocre to me as well. Maybe its me, but there was underlying meanings to what Deanna was saying throughout the episode. Tells me she's trying to be fair and non-judgemental over what Gabriel has told her, but she is / was still mulling it over till Rick had his melt down. That is going to reinforce what Gabriel has told her about the group. I expect Rick is going to be expelled from the community or forced to go through some gamut to remain within the community. In some ways I was expecting a little more from the episode and found it to be a little disappointing, but hopefully something happens next week.

Last edited by Necromancer; 03-23-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Agreed with everyone else, a decent character building ep, but otherwise a mediocre ep overall and so late in the season. This is what always frustrated me with the series, despite being so close to the finale they still give us lackluster episodes and it seems to happen every season.

Hard to determine what's gonna happen in the finale, especially with Rick. He's definitely on edge, but I can't see him dying or getting exiled. I can see something somewhat major happening instead that results in Rick possibly saving a lot of people/the town, redeeming himself, like if the place got attacked or something.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Fun little time wasters, pretty neat.

Seasons 1-4 in 8 bit form.

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0
    I think they'll have Rick locked up until the Wolves attack (if that's what's happening). Guessing Deanna realizes that even though he has a psycho moment, he was still right and will let him out to save the town. I honestly don't think any of the main cast will die in the finale.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    So this is a weird post i found in a youtube comments section. At first i did not pay it any attention until the person provided a link to show where he got his copy/paste from. It turns out to be the same source that released the episode 12 or 13 details AND it matches the "spoiler synopsis" leaks i mentioned earlier.

Caution, this could potentially ruin the entire episode for you.

Spoiler...

Spoiler...

Spoiler...
    Morgan wakes up in a car. He makes some porridge-type food by a fire. An armed man (Benedict Samuel) walks over and points a gun at him. Morgan asks what the W on his head means. He explains a backstory about the wolves. After threatening to take Morgan and kill him, Morgan takes him out ninja style with his hiking stick along with a second Wolves member (Jessie C. Boyd) who jumps out of some bushes. Morgan ties them up and puts them in the car. He sounds the horn and walks off. Aint nobody gonna mess with Morgan!
    Rick wakes up to Michonne watching him. She says that Pete is in another house. Carol, Glenn and Abe enter. Carol butts in and asks why Rick took the guns (hiding the fact she was involved). Carol tells Rick that he should tell a story the town wants to hear (that he will follow their rules) at the meeting later. Carol says that's what she's been doing since they got there. Michonne asks why. Carol replies, “Because these people are children and children like stories.” Rick engineers a plan to reinstate the Ricktatorship and hold Deanna’s family at knife point so they can take the armory.
    Maggie tries to persuade Deanna to change her mind about Rick. Reg backs Maggie up.
    Sasha buries some walkers and takes a nap in the grave because why sleep in a warm bed when you can sleep in a cozy grave of death?
    Carol wakes Sleeping Beauty (aka Rick) and gives him back his gun. She didn't tell the others about the guns just in case they didn't understand. Rick says he does not want to lie. Carol says, “You want this place and you don't want to lie. Sunshine, you don't get both.” Carol keeps it real.
    Daryl and Aaron watch a guy in a red poncho from afar. Recruiter spy mode activated.
    Nicholas watches Glenn while acting suspicious. Maggie comes over to chat about working everything out. What a babe.
    Glenn sees Nicholas climb the walls. GET BACK IN THE FUCKING HOUSE, NICHOLAS!
    Father G leaves the community unarmed. Ok, you can leave that’s fine.
    Daryl and Aaron lose red poncho guy, but find a food warehouse. Daryl opens a truck, which triggers a trap opening three other truck doors. It releases a hundred or so walkers. There are torsos hanging inside on hooks. Daryl wins zombie kill of the year after beheading three walkers with a rusty chain in one swing. They both take refuge in a car, surrounded by walkers pounding on the window. Inside is a note saying, “Trap, bad people coming. Don't stay.” Too bad they didn't see that memo a little earlier.
    Carol visits Pete in an effort to get him to check on Tara. She brings Pete some food and holds a knife to his throat after he tells her to get out. Carol continues to keep it real.
    Glenn follows Nicholas through the forest. After pausing to look at a dead walker, Glenn is shot in the shoulder and rolls down a slope. Damn you, Nicholas! Why couldn’t you have just stayed in the house?
    Rick checks up on Jessie. Pete sees them both from his 'house prison'.
    Daryl formulates a plan to fight his way through the crowd to give Aaron a chance to run. Aaron wants to fight together because that’s what BFFs do! Before they head out, our hero Morgan shows up like a boss and helps them both to a safe distance. Aaron tells him about the ASZ. Morgan says he is going somewhere else but is lost and pulls out a map. Daryl shows him where they are on the map. He sees the note, “Sorry I was an asshole, come to Washington. The new world’s gonna need Rick grimes.” Daryl looks at Morgan, but does not acknowledge the note.
    Father Dick finds a walker and is ready to die by its dirty dead hands. He notices a noose around the walker’s head. He changes his mind and then uses the noose to rip the walker’s head off. He cries in the middle of the road.
    Abraham visits a bed-bound, unconscious Tara. Rosita and Eugene are there too. Abraham and Eugene both apologize to each other for what happened in the past.
    Gabe returns and Spencer asks him to shut the gate. Gabe barely even makes the effort to close it and walks off, leaving it unlocked.
    Nicholas and Glenn fight, leaving Glenn stuck under a pile of walkers.
    Michonne asks Rick if he is ready (for the meeting). He explains to Michonne how they took the guns and attempts to give his piece to Michonne. She pushes his hand away and lets him keep it. She explains that she's not against Rick and will follow him however it all pans out.
    Rick, while in his room, recounts an old conversation with Bob: (Rick’s voice) 'This is the real world Bob.' Bob replies, 'No this is a nightmare, and nightmares end.'
    Rick finds the gate open and some blood on the lock as well as some on the ground. He locks it and runs off.
    Gabe returns to his church to find Sasha waiting for him. She wants to talk about what she is going through.
    The meeting is starting without Rick and Glenn. Deanna talks about how Rick took the pistol and pointed it at people.
    Nicholas is navigating the forest while Rick is searching the community. It's now night time. (Sunset came rather quickly.)
    Gabe refuses to console Sasha and very nastily talks about how Bob was dismembered causing Sasha to scream at him and pin him to a wall. Father Dick is full of fail.
    Deanna, Abraham, Maggie, Michonne and Carol say their piece to the town about Rick. Meanwhile, Gabe is wrestling Sasha's rifle out of her hands. Rick is fighting off three walkers in the town and Glenn is beating up Nicholas.
    Two members of the Wolves bring red poncho guy to the trap that Daryl and Aaron escaped from earlier. They slit red Poncho’s throat and reset the trap using music (to get the walkers back in the trucks). Fairwell, red poncho guy. We hardly knew thee.
    Glenn points a gun to Nicholas' head, but spares his life.
    Back at the meeting, Tobin is defending Deanna when Rick walks in with a walker corpse. He throws it on the ground.corpse drop
    Sasha is pointing her gun at Gabe, who is stopped by Maggie. Gabe shouts that she should have let Sasha shoot him because everyone died because of him.
    Rick explains how the walker got in through an open gate and that the dead and living will always find a way in. He says, “The ones out there will hunt us and find us. You need to change now.” While he is saying this speech, we see Glenn carry Nicholas away, Carl with Judith at home, Maggie, Sasha and Gabe praying together, Tara waking up, and a Wolves member going through Aaron's photos of the ASZ.
    A wild-looking Pete appears wielding Michonne’s katana and shouts "You're not one of us!" He pushes Reg out the way, slitting his throat by accident. Abe pins Pete down. Deanna hysterically holding a dying Reg says, "Rick, do it." Without hesitation, Rick executes Pete. Goodbye, porch dick. Now, you’re just a dead dick.
    A familiar face calls Rick's name. Rick looks up to see Aaron, Daryl and Morgan standing there.
    Morgan and Rick share an intimate eyefuck.
    Screen to black.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I gotta stop reading these damn spoilers.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Episode was alright the big problem for me was that they tried to cover way too many storylines in 90 minutes , so not only was it rushed , but it jumped a bit too much for my liking. I liked the ending but I can see new conflicts for Rick over it.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Very busy ep for sure Necro....BUT I liked every busy minute of it.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Mrs. UHM
    Nothing to Report

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Follow Jen On Twitter Add Jen on Facebook
    Visit Jen's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 3
    Episode was alright the big problem for me was that they tried to cover way too many storylines in 90 minutes , so not only was it rushed , but it jumped a bit too much for my liking. I liked the ending but I can see new conflicts for Rick over it.
    Exactly how I feel. Pretty disappointing season finale overall

"movie night wit jen, who straight outta da pen, aint finished college, but gotta thirst for knowledge, she lookin to be schooled wit dozens of flix and i be her teacher throwin hit after hit" - FrighT MasteR

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Looks like once again those spoilers were spot on.

Disappointing finale, in my opinion simply because it was a finale. The events that took place would've been fine for a mid-season finale, but for a season finale? No. And as others have said, they tried to cram so much into one ep that the last 15-20 mins felt really rushed and jumped around a lot. Overall, a disappointing finale for a decent (not good, but not bad) season.

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    I must agree there was a lot going on. It was a good episode, I'm not sure if was season finale worthy.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'll give it an 8/10.

Really good season finale. I must admit, I wanted a non cliffhanger, no deaths on Ricks side season finale and I got half of what I wanted. I could only imagine the outrage if nobody died at all though looking around the opinions on social media today. People would've really crucified this finale if it were 90 minute closure style Season 3 finale, which it wasn't IMO.

Pros

- Morgan returning, Lennie James brings a presence to the show that automatically bumps it up a couple notches from where it is at any given point
    - Daryl and Aaron in the field
    - The Wolves intrigue me, they seem like a group of well organized psychotics that seem FAR smarter than TEAM Woodbury or TEAM Terminus, I absolutely expect someone to die when they attack Alexandria...I mean hell...look at how many people they've killed and used as weapons?
    - Rick laying down the law the way Michonne told him to, not the way Carol told him to
    - Carol and Michonne finally acknowledging each other
    - Carols sunshine line to Rick
    - Just overall, everybody got a piece of the pie in this episode, it felt like there was a bit of closure for everybody, whether it was good or not is of course debatable

Cons

- You could argue that it makes perfect sense for Glenn to spare Nicholas and I would agree if this were Seasons 1 or 2 without everything the group has had to deal with or if they weren't deliberately toying with the idea that Glenn is taking a more Rick like approach all throughout 5B. But when you tack on Noah's death as a direct result of what Nick did AND he shoots you? I'm not sure even hobbling Hershel would've given Nicholas that 3RD chance.

- Gabriel is a victim of the comics. Given the way the character has behaved, you want him dead on the show, but because of Gimple sticking close to the source, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon. That said, you understand why Sasha or Maggie didn't kill him. It wouldn't have helped Sasha at all and she probably kills herself anyway and Maggie it just seems like they always default to her being faithful at just the right time, so she helps him despite the fact that he's a traitor, she can look past that. You can either view that as a big strength or a terrible weakness. I just want some consistency with the character.

Early Season 6 predictions...nothing too earth shattering

- It will take place immediately after the Season 5 finale (same night), much like the Season 4 finale and Season 5 premiere
    - I think the Wolves roll up on Alexandria with those trucks, in a bigger version of the attack on the prison in Season 3 with the Governor
    - I think someone in Rick's group will probably die in the Season 6 premiere, something that hasn't been done before, and again Carol, Tara and even now Morgan are all top candidates since Tara isn't in the source and Carol well... Though Morgan is too vital to the show now so I'd put him at a distant 3rd. He has the most intimate connection to Rick going all the way back to the pilot. They've both been at their strongest and weakest at times. Sure, they could kill him for the ultimate shock value in the premiere and to finally live up to the billing of 'anyone can die' but I don't see it.

In closing, I think Season 5 as a whole was a pretty good season with the only real dogshit being the hospital stuff. That said, I feel if 5B weren't as strong as it was, the season wouldn't have been as good. I think the show is as strong as its been since the early seasons and I haven't been bored with it at all in 5B. I think unless the writing really takes a nose dive, it would be hard pressed for Alexandria to get boring for me with all the characters and stuff going on.

And for those who might already be bored with it, unless they cave into the masses/casuals, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2777107118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136147 ... LastLast