Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    So, if anyone is curious the guy who is talking to Morgan about earlier on living in a camp that had a fight and then caught fire w/the little girl dying. Im like 99.9% sure that story is about half of the novel The Road to Woodbury. The series about Lilly . the lady who killed the gov. in the comics/in the show shot him after her daughter was bit and the gov killed her. She plays a big role in TWD universe so id expect this to be a bit of foreshadowing to her being reintroduced to the show long term.

The-Road-to-Woodbury.jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-12-2017 at 11:27 PM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Welp.

10/10

I'll keep it short and to the point. I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. One of the best episodes of the season, moreover the best of the series. Carol, Morgan, EZ, Ben, Richard, Jerry and even Gavin I felt were all fantastic.

The unfortunate thing and really the shameful thing I have to do is add a negative spin on things with something like this. The problems I have are not with the episode but so much for the cheap/taint factor that comes with the fact that Gimple can write such a splendid episode like this and seemingly not care or have such an incompetent staff of writers to always have uneven seasons as he has. Like the effort is absolutely night and day between episodes it feels. It shouldn't be that way. He should be co writing or at least polish up the scripts like Darabont did during his run or other showrunners tend to do. It seems he only cares about the stuff he works on and that's a real let down.

As it is. I feel like this season might only have 5 episodes outta 16 that are good or above average. Its just not a very good ratio at all. Its just frustrating that I should feel that way after such a gem of an episode. This show SHOULD BE BETTER. Its episodes like this that prove it can be. As it is now, I can only classify the show as potential....and its been that way for some time.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Decent ep. The kid getting it wasn't a surprise, but what happened because of it was a bit of a surprise to me.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Decent ep. The kid getting it wasn't a surprise, but what happened because of it was a bit of a surprise to me.
    Its an equation with TWD.
    We have all these background characters that need to die too, but to pretend you have some degree of emotional attachment to that character, they focus on how awesome that person is or their future for an episode or two and then they die. Its every single time at this point.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Its an equation with TWD.
    We have all these background characters that need to die too, but to pretend you have some degree of emotional attachment to that character, they focus on how awesome that person is or their future for an episode or two and then they die. Its every single time at this point.
    Agreed

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 262
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    At least when The Walking Dead ends again, we will have Fear the Walking Dead going into its third season. It's by no means as good, but whatever, right?

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Okay ep. Despite the season being almost over they continue to drag things on at a snails pace. Luckily there is some development going on, despite it being slow. Next ep looks like it'll pick up a bit.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It would be awesome if they stopped the 16 episode seasons and dropped it to 10. That way we didnt have 6 utterly useless to the story episodes.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    All of us guys were Negan before we even saw Negan on TV. We just didn't know it yet.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101

Thumbs up

Only 2 more episodes to go. This season has been good, but also a lot of it was filler too.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-24-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Despite the season being almost over they continue to drag things on at a snails pace.
    Probably because they want to stretch the Negan/Saviors storyline into season 8 which is probably when the war will happen.

Last edited by Freddy316; 03-21-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy316 View Post
    Probably because they want to stretch the Negan/Saviors storyline into season 8 which is probably when the war will happen.
    Yup, most definitely

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Oh for fucks sake.

Spoiler...
    You know, i get so tired of the cheap bullshit writing of TWD. The constant, and non-stop fake suspense of having characters get out of situations based solely on coincidence and beyond perfect timing. Its gotten to the point where they dont even attempt to interrupt a situation because hey.. that would be less fake suspense.... And you got to have fake suspense somewhere right? So why not make it so Negan is going to kill Carl, pulls his bat back and BAM! swings! But in mid swing has to stop because SURPRISE! A massive tiger and army of 300 people just happened to be 20 feet away in every fucking direction, without no one noticing. two of those directions had that nice 20 foot solid metal wall there... so who knows how they got around it.. maybe they can move through solid objects now!
    And oh, what a fucking shocker, Sasha died! Didnt see that one coming. Of course the battle ends with well over a dozen people unloading extended clips on Negans little truck and of course... "because we need season 8" he manages to not be hit. While in a car 2Pac was shot at 7 times and hit 5 of those 7... just sayin. Negan might have been in a vechile going 20mph, but was stationary within that vehicle.... So our Alexandria crew became Stormtroopers at the end of the episode.

This horribly generic writing theyve adopted for mid-season and season enders has become a norm. Doing it once is okay, doing it twice is questionable but we can live with it. Doing it three times is telling. But doing it nearly every episode and then also using it in season ending episodes that are supposed to be suspenseful and impacting is..... its lazy and bad writing and absurdly dull. And of course, no end of season episode would be complete without the writers attempting to convince us to have an emotional reaction to characters dying that we dont know and have never seen before.

Im sorry TWD, but this show is so past what the comics are and what the first three seasons had been, that it is not even a shell of what it once was.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-03-2017 at 01:19 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

POS garbage people

It's sad that what we've been waiting for this whole season was only in the last 15 minutes. Though that's really no surprise considering how the writers like to mess with us. Honestly no real surprises in the finale at all. Was a weak season overall; lots of filler. Hopefully next season will give us more of what we want from this war.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Horrible finale.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    9/10

I'm happily relieved that this finale was better than I ever hoped it would be. This was easily the best finale this show has done since Season 4 really, and that was a cliffhanger laced finale. Maybe even on par with Seasons 1 and 2, no hyperbole at all. Completely shits all over 5 and 6. I didn't think this show had it in them anymore to make a finale like this where they didn't fuck up royally.

- The beautiful sendoffs for Sasha, Glenn and Abe...who would Negan have chosen that fateful night if Sasha and Abe decided to sit it out?...We'll never know
    - Sasha was even great as a walker, and just as sad as Merle and Amy as well
    - Eugene is playing a deadly game, he knows he's in it for himself, but what happens when Negan grows suspicious as well? Will Sasha's last words have any future impact on him?
    - Shiva getting a chance to kick some serious ass, glad they didn't remove her from the big battle
    - The Kingdom showing up and everybody getting to kick some ass
    - The Hilltop showing up and getting to kick some ass
    - Dwight pleading his case, leaving behind clues
    - Michonne actually losing a big fight, but still winning...I'll be interested to see if anything comes of this
    - Rick and Carl showing defiance until the end, even in the face of sure death
    - I can't stand the GPK, but I was amused by Jadis this episode...I wonder if they'll show any further intelligence with this group and have them cut bait from the Saviors as well and just haul ass away from this upcoming war like Oceanside? Or would it feel too similar?

The only negative I have for the episode is the lack of Tyreese in any of the flashbacks. I wonder if Sasha would've made the same choices she made this season if Tyreese were still alive? I think it makes for a great poll question. Had Tyreese decided to fight and stay alive instead of giving up on the road. Would Sasha have tried to fight for her life in that last moment instead of choosing suicide?

And finally...the last positive. I thought the montages might feel a little cheap, but I think the end earned it. I thought the communities coming together was perfect, I thought Maggie's speech at the end was perfection and completely embodies what the comic and show were all about. Every single part of that voice over was perfection. To all these people being random strangers you'd pass by on the street, to Glenn and Rick getting this whole thing started (Morgan by extension as well) and how Glenn's kindness and generosity got them all where they are today. I haven't been that moved by a speech on this show in a long long time. I actually got very teary eyed, which is something that this show hasn't done much of for me lately. Giving Maggie this moment was absolutely the right call and the most perfect call to make. Rick didn't need it, Carol didn't need it, Daryl didn't need it, Morgan didn't need it, Carl didn't need it. This needed to be from the farmer's daughter and everything she said was beautiful and spot on.

I can only hope Season 8 does this finale justice. Moreover does this final montage justice. Whether its the 100th episode aka the 801 premiere or somewhere along the line.

"The decision was made a long time ago, before any of us knew each other, when we were strangers who would have just passed each other on the street, before the world ended. And now we mean everything to each other.
    You were in trouble. You were trapped. Glenn didn't know you, but he helped you. He put himself in danger for you. And that started it all...
    From Atlanta, to my daddy's farm, to the prison, to here, to this moment now- not as strangers, as family- because Glenn chose to be there for you that day a long time ago. That was the decision that changed everything.
    It started with both of you....and it just grew....
    to all of us. To sacrifice for each other, to suffer and stand, to grieve, to give, to love, to live, to fight for each other.
    Glenn made that decision Rick. I was just following his lead."

Maggie Rhee

Best speech ever. EVER. It is the reason the comic and series exist.

Last edited by Red; 04-03-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    Kind of fed up with these T2 style dream sequences as a lousy way to bring back deceased characters. They cannot come back in any other way, sure, but it's just pretty 'meh' to me. The episode was very cheesy. That grin of Negan though cheers me up.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-24-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    Boring finale to a boring season. I did enjoy the ending though, finally some action. Hope there is more of that next season.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    I actually liked the finale, but wasn't even close to being the best.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4898128139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast