Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Good ep except for some of the usual dumb stuff

Spoiler...
    With all those zombies making all sorts of noise nobody woke up? I understand with all that gunfire they might be temporarily hard of hearing, but seriously? And how is everyone even able to sleep so soundly after such a massive firefight? Which leads me to my next point, where the hell are all the guards?

And can somebody please just kill that annoying kid already.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post

Spoiler...
    With all those zombies making all sorts of noise nobody woke up? I understand with all that gunfire they might be temporarily hard of hearing, but seriously? And how is everyone even able to sleep so soundly after such a massive firefight? Which leads me to my next point, where the hell are all the guards?

I love how.. even after all the complaints AMC has gotten for doing this, they still...... STILL, try to make it an emotional experience when a character dies that we don't know or give two shits for.

This is why i got high and played fortnite all night.
    See TWD, if you would be good, i wouldn't have smoked weed tonight.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-26-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 103
    Man, this episode was packed to the rafters with stupid.

Spoiler...
    Gimple apparently confused zombie lore with vampire lore in this episode. Since when does a zombie only bite you, then move on to the next victim? And since when does a person turn just within minutes of getting bit? And where did the boy get keys to the pen? And since when is Tara all forgive-and-forget with Dwight? The last time she saw him, she was ready to kill him, then he escaped, and now she's standing up for him to Daryl?

Walking Dead, I just can't with you right now.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Agreed with the last 3 posts. TWD has pretty much turned Syfy caliber comical at this stage in the game.

Last edited by Solo; 03-26-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328

Spoiler...

Those points you've men t ioned all crossed my mind as well. The only one that could be explained sota is about the guards. The largest threat to the group at this point seems to be outside of thewalls protecting them; ev e n the proisoners they had are outdide of the walls. So perhaps the guards center of attention was/is what is outside the walls and if they're attempting another attack. Some guards are also assisting with the wounded, so what guards they have on the shift are pretty occupied at this point. Zombie noise has been a reguar thing everyone has had to deal with since the outbreak, and possibly passing such noise off as coming from outside the wall? Have to agree that with all the excitement that everyone can fall asleep so soundly; you'd think that everyone would jump at the slightest cough or sneeze.by

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Spoiler...

You mean the people packed together like sardines? The one's who just went through a massive shoot out, who im sure have shot nerves and most could not be able to sleep after that. the other half should not have been able to sleep when packed together with so many people in that tight spot......... I question why they were ALL asleep. If you go through a war situation or major trauma, at least 3/4ths of people ar enot going to sleep right after it. They're going to be up for a couple days, AMC should simply ask anyone who has been in war.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It's the opposite, really. I'm a vet, and can tell you that your adrenaline spikes when you're in the shit; after, when things have calmed, your adrenaline drops, exhaustion sets in and you crash. But that's really neither here nor there, because TWD, by Kirkman's own admission, follows traditional Romero zombie rules, and by those rules, there's no way one bite turns you as quickly as all those people turned in this episode. So whether everyone would have slept through it is a non-starter, because Gimple, breaking the rules as he did, removed all logic from the episode. And yet, despite his continued anal rape of the show, AMC saw fit to promote him to overseeing BOTH Walking Dead shows. Which sucks, because with its second season Fear took over as my favorite of the two shows. Now Gimple's going to go wreck that one, too.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon of the Dead View Post
    It's the opposite, really. I'm a vet, and can tell you that your adrenaline spikes when you're in the shit; after, when things have calmed, your adrenaline drops, exhaustion sets in and you crash. But that's really neither here nor there, because TWD, by Kirkman's own admission, follows traditional Romero zombie rules, and by those rules, there's no way one bite turns you as quickly as all those people turned in this episode. So whether everyone would have slept through it is a non-starter, because Gimple, breaking the rules as he did, removed all logic from the episode. And yet, despite his continued anal rape of the show, AMC saw fit to promote him to overseeing BOTH Walking Dead shows. Which sucks, because with its second season Fear took over as my favorite of the two shows. Now Gimple's going to go wreck that one, too.
    Logic and zombie rules left this show after season 3. After season 3 we saw the untouchable characters happen, people got out of situations through unreasonable coincidence all the time or super human abilities instead of quality writing and sticking to the rules.
    Gimple btw, is has not been in charge of this. They've had a new story runner for most of this season.

Gimple is not even the problem, the stuff he did early on, is actually the best stuff. Seasons 1 2 and 3 are the best of the entire series and Gimple had set a great pace, had a good balance of character development and action and was actually one of the best shows on TV.
    Gimple actually had something very good going on, the problem came in when AMC felt it should have been more fast paced, kept switching who was in charge of writing and over the last three seasons, have focused more on using bad tricks in order to try to boost their ratings instead of allowing Gimple, Greg and im assuming this new lady, to simply put together a coherent story that follows the established rules.
    What we've seen is basically the same rush to end the story that we see with game of thrones, except there is no end. The end for TWD is simply the end of this current conflict and then moving on to the next predictable and same conflict.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-26-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I disagree that Gimple ever had anything good going on. Darabont ran season 1; he had most of season 2 developed before being axed, at which point Glen Mazzarra became showrunner but stuck with Darabont's plan for that season; Mazzarra developed and ran season 3. Gimple took over with season four and the change in quality was jarring. Immediately you could see the focus shift to plot and Big Event at the expense of established character and canon. There was a spot during season 5 where I thought, hey, those were a good couple episodes, but then it was immediately followed by I believe it was four straight episodes without Rick. Now, whether one is a fan of Rick or not, you have to admit it shows poor focus on behalf of the showrunner when a show goes four episode without showing hide or hair of its MAIN CHARACTER. Even then, three seasons ago, it was getting too jam-packed with new characters to even keep track of the main ones. And now, the show has completely slipped the reins and is running around in all directions with no idea of where it's going or what it's going to do when it gets there -- and it all started with season four, episode one. Gimple is the worst thing that could have happened to this show.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 03-29-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I disagree that Gimple ever had anything good going on. Darabont ran season 1; he had most of season 2 developed before being axed, at which point Glen Mazzarra became showrunner but stuck with Darabont's plan for that season; Mazzarra developed and ran season 3. Gimple took over with season four and the change in quality was jarring. Immediately you could see the focus shift to plot and Big Event at the expense of established character and canon. There was a spot during season 5 where I thought, hey, those were a good couple episodes, but then it was immediately followed by I believe it was four straight episodes without Rick. Now, whether one is a fan of Rick or not, you have to admit it shows poor focus on behalf of the showrunner when a show goes four episode without showing hide or hair of its MAIN CHARACTER. Even then, three seasons ago, it was getting too jam-packed with new characters to even keep track of the main ones. And now, the show has completely slipped the reins and is running around in all directions with no idea of where it's going or what it's going to do when it gets there -- and it all started with season four, episode one. Gimple is the worst thing that could have happened to this show.
    Agree or not, the only time Gimple did anything that we could consider bad was long passed TWD creating a bogus, laughable, syfy channel type formula. When Gimple was the show runner the first time around, the show had direction, it had character development, it was suspenseful, it was on par with something we'd see on HBO. The second they replace him because they didnt like these things apparently, is when we started seeing it completely go to shit. When we started seeing untouchable characters, when the rules for zombie land was broken, where we started seeing multiple episodes be forced in to each half season becasue they cared more about making it 8 episodes per instead of story. Again, like Gimple or not, but this shit didnt start until AMC decided they didnt like quality television. Their reasons for removing him because he was not doing what they wanted, are what killed the show. they brought him back, hoping he could fix their fuck up while also demanding more fuck up's and obviously it didnt work out. And now because they cant do shit right, i have a feeling we have met Alpha and that other old lady.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 03-29-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    You're losing me when you say "when Gimple was the showrunner first time around." Do you mean his first season as showrunner? Originally he was a writer on the show, having penned a number of episodes for seasons 2 and 3, but season 4 was his first as showrunner, and he's been showrunner ever since. This current season will be his last as showrunner; starting next season, a new lady is taking that position. But Gimple's promotion essentially makes him to the Walking Dead TV universe what Joss Whedon was to the MCU, or Zack Snyder was to the DCCU. Which makes zero sense to me, because out here in the real world, when you suck at your job, you get fired, not promoted.

What really gets me is that some of those season 2 and 3 episodes he wrote were really good, so it's not as though he's been a shit writer from the get-go. But he bit off more than he could chew as showrunner. Just because a person can write solid individual episodes doesn't mean they have the capacity or ability to plan and structure an entire season, and IMO Gimple is proof of this.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 03-29-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 263
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID ScaryGames101
    I've been watching Fear the Walking Dead box sets as a catch-up, because I watched a few seasons a while back and just never resumed watching all of the third season, until now. It's not a scary TV series in the slightest. Tell me one moment where you were ever scared when viewing an episode. But with that said, I like it as an entertaining drama show.

Similarly, I think The Walking Dead has ended up like the Resident Evil games got to be after several years of the same kind of stories, which alienated some fans. Capcom had to turn to making it more of an action saga like Call of Duty because plaintive horror was always part of a niche market. In recent years, they've sort of realized that fans didn't like them sticking their fingers up at the roots of the genre when 4 and 5 and 6 were the polar opposite to the earlier entries. However, I don't think even 7: Biohazard was like the old ones either, but it was at least more of a horror game, but it still didn't resemble the really old and classic ones. A valiant effort, sure, but just not the pay off I was hoping to see.

The early ones are always the best. We can agree on that. After things run their course, they struggle to maintain a good story, but it's because fans don't want to see something they love die forever. It also feels like they have a lot of padding in these episodes today. They focus on all sorts of people each week, so we forget who is where and doing what at times.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Is Morgan ever gonna stop being crazy

Prety MEH ep. Too much melodrama.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Again this episode shows that both Rick and Negan have more lives than a cat does. Pretty much nothing more than filler.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Again this episode shows that both Rick and Negan have more lives than a cat does. Pretty much nothing more than filler.
    Have you ever seen the wire?
    You know the character Avon Barksdale? That's a real guy. He was a heroin dealer in the 70s who ruled Baltimore.
    He was shot over 40 times, including one time being shot like 11 times in an assassination attempt, then when they found out he survived. They went to the hospital, put a pillow over his head and shot him 3 times in the face. He survived.

The point is, i dont actually mind ridiculous tales of survival and 9 lives. What i mind is the "coincidence" writing and the fact that we've already seen the end of this fight and know who survives and who does not.
    Im to the point where i dont even watch this shit anymore. Ill download it and fast forward through almost all of it. Ill maybe watch 15 minutes of a 45 minute episode. Part of it is because i know whats coming, but the bigger part of it is how sloppy they are at attempting to make us think they are doing something different.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yet another bus-load of stupid in this ep...

Spoiler...
    How did Negan manage to get Jadis' photos, and a flair, and a fucking gun, while strapped to his back on a gurney? How did Carol miraculously find that boy in the dark, just in time to save him ("just in time" -- that's been happening a LOT the last couple seasons). And now Rick is an unapologetic liar? Even at his worst, Rick has always been a man of his word, but in this second half of the season not only did he lie to his own son on his death bed (promised to find a peaceful way to resolve things, then immediately set out to slaughter Negan) but now he actually lied to a bunch of guys he'd just promised shelter to. And not only did he lie, he literally stabbed one in the back (of the neck, with a hatchet, but still). You know a show runner sucks at his job when he ignores every single thing we know to be true about the main character. This is the kind of shit I mean when you read me complaining about Gimple ignoring character for plot. After eight seasons, we know what Rick would and would not do. And what Rick would not do is promise a person safety one second, then callously murder them the next. And he most certainly would not immediately ignore a promise he made to his dying son.

Y'know, I've never been a fan of the "it was all a dream" thing, but at this point I would love if it, during next season's season premiere, we find out everything since season 4 was just some kind of extended fever dream Rick has been experiencing after catching that super-flu that plagued the prison at the time. Even knowing how unbelievably stupid that sounds, it's still better than what we've been getting since Gimple took over.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yet another bus-load of stupid in this ep...

Spoiler...
    How did Negan manage to get Jadis' photos, and a flair, and a fucking gun, while strapped to his back on a gurney? How did Carol miraculously find that boy in the dark, just in time to save him ("just in time" -- that's been happening a LOT the last couple seasons). And now Rick is an unapologetic liar? Even at his worst, Rick has always been a man of his word, but in this second half of the season not only did he lie to his own son on his death bed (promised to find a peaceful way to resolve things, then immediately set out to slaughter Negan) but now he actually lied to a bunch of guys he'd just promised shelter to. And not only did he lie, he literally stabbed one in the back (of the neck, with a hatchet, but still). You know a show runner sucks at his job when he ignores every single thing we know to be true about the main character. This is the kind of shit I mean when you read me complaining about Gimple ignoring character for plot. After eight seasons, we know what Rick would and would not do. And what Rick would not do is promise a person safety one second, then callously murder them the next. And he most certainly would not immediately ignore a promise he made to his dying son.

Y'know, I've never been a fan of the "it was all a dream" thing, but at this point I would love if it, during next season's season premiere, we find out everything since season 4 was just some kind of extended fever dream Rick has been experiencing after catching that super-flu that plagued the prison at the time. Even knowing how unbelievably stupid that sounds, it's still better than what we've been getting since Gimple took over.
    Bus load?
    Buddy, we're talking about a 747.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Another wasted ep full of no surprises. And just put a bullet in Eugene's head already

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Another wasted ep full of no surprises.
    Pure garbage.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 164 FirstFirst ... 55105135146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164 LastLast