Last Online
    08-24-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Movie Review

Here's our video review of Silent Hill Revelation in 3D. Did you see it? What did you think of it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQWuhRCwcE
    YouTube Horror Reviews and short films to make you laugh:: We Watched A Movie

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    You had me until the bit about Sean Bean being underrated in The Hitcher.

Balls to that.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    The Hitcher remake :finger3:

Rotting Zealot
    Blame it on my ADD baby.

Status
    Last Online
    08-24-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Sorry?

haha, I knew I would get some hate for that but I can't help it! We all have guilty pleasures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQWuhRCwcE
    YouTube Horror Reviews and short films to make you laugh:: We Watched A Movie

Zombiefied Zealot
    But the world was a tomb to
    me, a graveyard of broken
    statues, and each of those
    statues resembled her face.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag killlkayladead PSN ID xCambria
    Love the review, fellas. I personally really liked the movie.

But to answer your question.... Silent Hill > Resident Evil. I haven't played Silent Hill in a LONG time! But from what I do remember, the movies get me pretty pumped up! As you stated, if you haven't played the Silent Hill games, you end up pretty confused. My boyfriend was completely lost through the entire film. They went through a lot of shit pretty quickly and kinda just mashed shit together.

I find most of the Resident Evil films to be turds. (Aside from the first one, which was actually a fun watch.)

Excellent review! And hope you post more soon.

"I slappeth thee! For thou art bitchest, as thine manner of bitchism 'tis known throughout yonder land!" - FrighT MasteR

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Quote Originally Posted by We Watched A Movie View Post
    haha, I knew I would get some hate for that but I can't help it! We all have guilty pleasures.
    Okay, I get that. I love Xanadu. The Hitcher remake though...I dunno...that's guilty as sin, lol. I was able to force myself to finish Red Dragon, I'm pretty sure, but this just pissed me off so hard seeing Bean be so not menacing while trying so hard. He's like the less talented, less likable, less attractive brother of Liam Neesen. But that's just IMO.

Carry on. Still kinda intrigued to see this movie and the lead actress doing her best to pull off Dawson's Creek era Michelle Williams. I liked the first one and Pyramid Head is scarier than the devil himself.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 10-28-2012 at 07:21 AM.

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    Was going to watch this yesterday, but there were only two showings in non 3D.

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,907

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458

My Personal Review for Silent Hill: Revelation SPOILERS!

Saw Silent Hill: Revelation yesterday...seriously, can someone beat the shit out of Michael J. Bassett and the studio heads enough to give me my money back?

Everything in this movie, anyone who has ever worked on that production wasted their fucking time. It was a disaster. The script was terrible. The story was a convoluted and intelligence-insulting mess. The acting leaves a lot to be desired. References that could've been a charm just seem out of place or make no sense whatsoever. The CG effects were SO BAD. The makeup effects are good for underground standards but could've been used in a better underground movie and far from worthy of a silver screen release. The 3D was no where in sight, like they picked random scenes to add a little 3D here and there just because the studio needed to make an extra cut on this movie deal.

-Heather and Harry (Sharon and Chris, from the first movie) are on the run from the cops and the cult that's after her.
    -Heather has to go save her father and goes to Silent Hill.
    -Stupid stuff happens.
    -Dahlia is an utter waste being only in it for 2 minutes and never mentioned again.
    -Pyramidhead is more lovable than scary.
    -Silent Hill wasn't Silent Hill.
    -Major disappointment.

I truly couldn't believe it, while I saw the trailer and thought it was meh and when going in I wasn't going to expect much, and let me tell you it was more disappointing than I had felt or thought. Every second, every minute, every hour of this film was a complete atrocity both to the Silent Hill name, to the Silent Hill fans like myself and a complete loss to the general audiences that could've been pulled in to realize that Silent Hill is an under-rated series of video games that could tell good stories. Instead the director/writer of this film did a movie that was like a shit-doused love letter to Paul W. S. Anderson and Uwe Boll, I am NOT kidding! It's that bad where it leaves you bored and it does the one big mistake and that is where he wanted to take Silent Hill and to start making it into a Resident Evil movie franchise. If you really think you should see this movie DON'T. Whether I'm telling you not to or suggesting you don't it's not worth any amount of your time or money or any emotional investment.

I sit here explaining to everyone how broken my heart is that officially the Silent Hill movie franchise is officially DEAD...there will never be a reboot. There will never be a respectable video game adaptation to film like the first Silent Hill movie, while it has nothing good about its story and characters it has the atmosphere, the monsters that are morbidly beautiful (despite the continuity errors), the music, the feel, and while the story is not written any well to the point where it could be a good film adaptation as opposed to being "exactly like the games" the actors still sell the hell out of their performances.

This sequel, does not.

It plays out like it's going to be the movie made for fans but no, Michael Bassett goes to the extremes to make this movie as less for the fans as possible, an amateur film maker who probably wanted to do a different movie but felt like his "fandom" needed to be referenced here and there and not caring that it wouldn't make any sense and figured it could just be a thrill ride, while also rewriting things so that it could connect to the first movie...but only through the WORST DIALOGUE you'll ever hear in a movie.

The forcing he does to these characters enough to change them is just astonishing how terrible it contrasts to where he makes the mysterious Vincent be Heather's love interest that isn't done well, to where he rewrites Pyramidhead to being Alessa's guardian (I shit you not), and that it turns out Alessa was an evil demon child all along and not the innocent girl with powers we were lead to believe thus concluding you feel nothing for this character, whom in this movie is "Memory of Alessa" and is fought and defeated by a POWER HUG. (I'm not even joking about that, they literally have a hug war to see who can suck up each other's power the most....fucking DUMB)

Claudia? Barely in the movie, like 5 minutes of screen time. The writing was so terrible and these actors knew it and didn't bother giving much feeling to anything they were delivering because it was so bad or because they weren't giving anything to work with, the only one who seems to be at least trying is Malcolm MacDowell as Leonard Wolf, but even he feels ridiculous.

I look forward to retelling this review in a video review I'm going to be shooting tonight to express my hatred for this piece of cinematic and adaptation filth so that this film would cease the money it THINKS it deserves to steal from unsuspecting morons who would even cater to their well-being to call this a "good movie", if they do so you can tell them to go fuck their faces while sharing a platter of shit cookies with Mr. Michael Bassett.

There was no attempt to make ANY effort to have character development, the set pieces are only worthy for Syfy channel standards, to the point when they DO have action scenes they are shot in the worst way EVER. To top it all off, the only scene worth any time is at the last 5 minutes of the film where Pyramidhead has a sword fight with the film's lazy design of what they call the "Missionary" which is nothing more than a female Chatterer from Hellraiser with buzz-saws on its head which just literally pop out of no where!

SPOILER ALERT! Just to sum up how stupid this film is, at the very end when the horror is all said and done Mr. Bassett thought it would be good that Heather's dad (who DOESN'T die in this movie!!) decides to stay in Silent Hill to look for Rose from the first movie which makes less sense because Silent Hill has that stuff that'll kill you when you breath in the fumes from the burning coal beneath the town but also that it's a laughable attempt to leave it for a sequel that would become a dreadful adaptation of Silent Hill 2...but that's not the stupid part I'm talking about...

The stupid part that sums up the brainlessness of this movie is when Heather and Vincent walk away together and are picked up by a truck driver that turns out to be none other than TRAVIS GRADY...who was in Silent Hill: Origins....which takes place BEFORE the first Silent Hill story, it makes no sense! Oh and they include the cop cars and the prison bus from Silent Hill: downpour going into the town, again, makes no sense. The end.

Don't give Michael Bassett or OpenRoad anymore money! This movie hammered the last nail to the fuckin' coffin to the Silent Hill cinematic franchise. Period. It had so much potential, but got raped into a marketing tool of a film. Fuck Michael Bassett.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    yikes...trailer looks good....gonna see it

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Like I said in the other thread, this movie was a bit of a disappointment for me. Had lots of potential, but due to the poor script, editing and some questionable acting, it was just a big letdown for me, considering I enjoyed the first

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    You had me until the bit about Sean Bean being underrated in The Hitcher.

Balls to that.
    totally agree

These two guys gave me a headache

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, this movie was a bit of a disappointment for me. Had lots of potential, but due to the poor script, editing and some questionable acting, it was just a big letdown for me, considering I enjoyed the first
    First one was a letdown for me....hoping this one redeems the franchise

I love GORE!
    Laid back

Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Was there any gore like there was in the first?

" A little GORE never hurts anyone"

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

There was alright gore in parts, but with the exception of MAYBE a couple scenes, I think the first had more of it

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    ...hoping this one redeems the franchise
    Hehe...

...Heehaha....

....HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA!!!!!.....

...The movie franchise is dead.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Zombiefied Zealot
    But the world was a tomb to
    me, a graveyard of broken
    statues, and each of those
    statues resembled her face.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag killlkayladead PSN ID xCambria
    So many people are acting like this was the worst movie ever created
    I admit, it wasn't very good. Seems like they rushed a lot of shit and the connection between "Heather" and Vincent was FAR from believable, but the movie was still really enjoyable to me.

"I slappeth thee! For thou art bitchest, as thine manner of bitchism 'tis known throughout yonder land!" - FrighT MasteR

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

To those that saw it in 3D--did the 3D seems dark and blurry at times? Felt like I was watching it with tint over my glasses, was so dark

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-16-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    I thought the movie was decent, the monsters looked good, and the nurses scene was creepy. The acting could have been better, but the first suffered from some pretty heinous acting in parts too. 6.5/10

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    I'm still watching this movie regardless of what people are saying. I know many people didn't like the first film and I enjoyed it so I'll wait and see. Although I don't think I'll spend money to see it in the theater.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    great review. I've yet to catch this but I will. I'm not surprised its real confusing because if there is anything Silent Hill is its confusing. The games, the first movie. They're all a big WTF. I've had some people have a nerdgasm and try to explain shit but fuck you its confusing as shit. I do think 3D is made for movies like this though (I'm assuming I mean, havent seen it) but I like the idea of 3D being in cheesy horror movies with shit jumping out at you. It was fun back when My Bloody Valentine came out and then....yeah then they tried to get all artsy with it and it got really stupid. It should be left for fun movies, not serious artsy fartsy ones.

And to answer your question I've only seen the first Silent Hill movie, only paid a couple of the games and not all the way through. AND I STILL am going to say S.H. are better movies than Resident Evil because the R.E. movies ARE THE WORST SHIT EVER PUT ON A FUCKING MOVIE SCREEN! The original games with their great atmosphere, spooky settings, crazy camera angles. All that shit worked together to make one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

The movies are trying to be over the top retarded action movies that have nothing to do with shit. To be honest the later games have become this too. While R.E. 6 was a fun game its nothing more than shit blows up, big monster comes out, shit blows up again. Of course, you can get away with that easier in a video game than in the movie. I will always hate the R.E. Franchise until one day hopefully its revamped and done the way it should be.

Last edited by Chief Falling Rock; 10-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast