My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    Eh... They've been remaking movies all along. Who gives a flying as long as they make it good? Sure it sucks if it's only made for the cash - but that's what the studios are in it for. The people involved in making the films may be artists - the directors the actors the writers - but the people financing the films only care about the money. If it's marketable they'll finance it, if not, it goes either the direct to DVD route or never happens at all. I used to be against this, now I no longer care. I just want the flicks to entertain me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0
    ive said this before but it hold true here. Your opinion doesn't get a movie made, your wallet does. Something comes out that isn't a remake or a sequal and most of the time only does so-so or horrible. But a remake comes out and it makes bank, because even though they are complaining about it. Most of the haters are there on opening night anyway. I personally would like to see a remake to The Fly. Yes I do love the 80s version. I own that movie, but that movie is about a guy turning into a fly. He doesn't get to do a crap load of damage once he becomes the thing. Its about a guy slowly going insane basically. That was great, but we've seen that movie. If theres a new fly it needs to u know...fly and go around killing people. I dont want another character study, I want a monster movie. You wanna remake somethin? Hell if its good then remake away. If it sux I'll forget it ever happend.

People say bad movies shouldn't be remade but I think they should. If a movie wasn't a bad idea but wasn't done right then someone needs to take another shot at it. The Wolfman was alright, coulda been better. Little to much CGI for my taste but im glad they remade it. I missed the wolfman, I missed werewolves being MONSTERS. I want to see Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde remade. I want to see Creature from The Black Lagoon cuz I miss that stuff and I wanna see it come back. I miss a good slasher movie. Part of me thinks oh god not another Scream movie cuz the sequals were horrible, but maybe...just maybe it might be as good as the first one. So I'm a hopeful person. I've enjoyed some of the remakes. I want original ideas to get out there, but "original" is being thrown around a lot these days. its hard to do something truly original anymore cuz its all been done pretty much. Like Pandorum, I thought it was a great movie. Closest thing to original I'd seen in theaters in awhile but did it make any money? No. Splice was only so-so but I felt like it was deserving of a watch. Did it make its budget back? Nope. People are scared of things they don't know.

Last edited by Chief Falling Rock; 08-09-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    i could agree with that`

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatOgre View Post
    Who gives a flying as long as they make it good?
    I do. Once in a while is OK, but remaking fiilms seems to be "en vogue" over the past few years, especially in the horror genre. That makes me sick.

I'm more into creativity than the easy way out no matter how well done a remake is.

I only wish more Indy writers/directors would be recognized by the bigger film companies.
    Seems that the really good stories are in that realm.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    i could agree with that`
    Agree with this :finger3:

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    most everything gets made cuz its "en vogue". The slasher craze of the 80s is no different.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-17-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DevilsFavoriteDemon on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I'm not a fan of remakes. They never can live up to the hype.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    I personally would like to see a remake to The Fly. Yes I do love the 80s version. I own that movie, but that movie is about a guy turning into a fly. He doesn't get to do a crap load of damage once he becomes the thing. Its about a guy slowly going insane basically. That was great, but we've seen that movie. If theres a new fly it needs to u know...fly and go around killing people. I dont want another character study, I want a monster movie. You wanna remake somethin? Hell if its good then remake away. If it sux I'll forget it ever happend.
    The slight issue I have with your line of thinking here, is that what you're talking about isn't a remake. It's a new movie in a franchise. If someone's going to take the basic premise of a movie and just totally change the whole thing, then it ceases to be a remake. It's a new movie. But it seems nobody wants to make a new movie. It's easier to sell something that people are already familiar with, than to try and add something. Plus there's the whole problem of "Movie, Part 27". It turns into a joke. So REMAKE. Start over. And, unfortunately, 9 out of 10 are total crap. They hardly ever spend the money to get decent actors or want to spend the time (time is money as well) to get the effects right, or the story is just so far removed from the original that (once again) it's not a remake, and doesn't do the original justice. Plus, somebody mentioned the PG13 aspect of it. It's not horror. Fat cats trying to get every last penny out of the largest possible market. I stopped wasting my time with this junk. The whole thing is just frustrating. Being such a fan of the genre, and such a fan of these movies, I really want to go see something that I might enjoy. And hopefully see a different directors approach to a movie that's near and dear to me. Only to be let down more than most of the time.

Enjoys everything horror related...
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-23-2014

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Its ok with remakes if they are beeing remade by\or with help from the persons who were behind the original movie.

Still, 75% of all remakes end up beeing pancakes. Watching that list is like the death of creativity. Im very much looking forward to the remake of "I spit on your grave" though...

Last edited by arnez; 11-14-2010 at 08:50 AM.

The only thing worse then bad movies is people who state their opinions as FACTS.

Old No. 7 Brand
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-30-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    ive said this before but it hold true here. Your opinion doesn't get a movie made, your wallet does. Something comes out that isn't a remake or a sequal and most of the time only does so-so or horrible. But a remake comes out and it makes bank, because even though they are complaining about it. Most of the haters are there on opening night anyway. I personally would like to see a remake to The Fly. Yes I do love the 80s version. I own that movie, but that movie is about a guy turning into a fly. He doesn't get to do a crap load of damage once he becomes the thing. Its about a guy slowly going insane basically. That was great, but we've seen that movie. If theres a new fly it needs to u know...fly and go around killing people. I dont want another character study, I want a monster movie. You wanna remake somethin? Hell if its good then remake away. If it sux I'll forget it ever happend.

People say bad movies shouldn't be remade but I think they should. If a movie wasn't a bad idea but wasn't done right then someone needs to take another shot at it. The Wolfman was alright, coulda been better. Little to much CGI for my taste but im glad they remade it. I missed the wolfman, I missed werewolves being MONSTERS. I want to see Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde remade. I want to see Creature from The Black Lagoon cuz I miss that stuff and I wanna see it come back. I miss a good slasher movie. Part of me thinks oh god not another Scream movie cuz the sequals were horrible, but maybe...just maybe it might be as good as the first one. So I'm a hopeful person. I've enjoyed some of the remakes. I want original ideas to get out there, but "original" is being thrown around a lot these days. its hard to do something truly original anymore cuz its all been done pretty much. Like Pandorum, I thought it was a great movie. Closest thing to original I'd seen in theaters in awhile but did it make any money? No. Splice was only so-so but I felt like it was deserving of a watch. Did it make its budget back? Nope. People are scared of things they don't know.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-28-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag uneedanewcolon
    first time i heard of killer tomatoes remake i was like "uh? are they writing a plot this time?"

http://dandyzombie.deviantart.com/

every single movie should have sharks in it. sharks are awesome.

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    I actually don't mind if the same director/writer tries to remake his OWN film. Not sure as to why they would want to.

It should be ILLEGAL to remake Hitchcock films!!!!!!

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

UHM's Battle Royale Survivor
    This user is too awesome to
    have a status

Status
    Last Online
    05-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag UHMs Misfit
    battle royale remake is dead

Fresh Member
    being accused of being spam

Status
    Last Online
    04-20-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    a couple of those i wouldnt mind seeing like Attack of The Killer Tomatoes... imagine if Troma did that...speaking of which....i do not back the idea of remaking Toxic avenger

Fresh Member
    being accused of being spam

Status
    Last Online
    04-20-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    hollywood is also remaking the toxic avenger...so sad

Zombiefied Member
    I'm a godless heretic, not a
    god-fearing lunatic

Status
    Last Online
    02-05-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Add hallo666ween on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    I can see the powers that be at Troma selling out the rights to Toxie but that just sucks that its going to be a Hollywood production. That movie is cool just for how cheap, funny and gory it is. I cannot see anyone in Hollywood making a decent go at this.....

"Our modern leeching experiments have brought us a fresh, out-of-the-test-tube, enhanced, hopped up line o' leeches that are much larger and leaner than their candy-ass cousins."

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    Quote Originally Posted by hallo666ween View Post
    I can see the powers that be at Troma selling out the rights to Toxie but that just sucks that its going to be a Hollywood production. That movie is cool just for how cheap, funny and gory it is. I cannot see anyone in Hollywood making a decent go at this.....

From what I read it will be a kid friendly superhero type flick.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

Zombiefied Member
    I'm a godless heretic, not a
    god-fearing lunatic

Status
    Last Online
    02-05-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Add hallo666ween on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    I see that you are right.
    "Hot Tub Time Machine's Steve Pink has signed to direct the remake of the seminal Troma offering The Toxic Avenger."
    "The remake was said to be aiming for a family friendly PG-13 release similar to the Toxic Crusaders."

WTF ever........

Screw Lloyd Kaufman for letting this happen.

"Our modern leeching experiments have brought us a fresh, out-of-the-test-tube, enhanced, hopped up line o' leeches that are much larger and leaner than their candy-ass cousins."

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 50
    Very sad indeed, political correctness and greed is killing mainstream(mind you Troma films not quite mainstream)horror.

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    Talks of a remake of 'The Toxic Avenger' started gaining ground earlier this Spring when Original Media, a production shingle run by Charlie Corwin, Richard Saperstein and Akiva Goldsman, acquired the rights to Troma Films' most iconic character. After the acquisition, as is the norm with deals like this, progress exited the public eye for a few months. Now it's back in the news thanks to Deadline revealing that 'Hot Tub Time Machine' director Steve Pink will be the one bossing around the mop-wielding crusader on set.

Pink, who also wrote 'High Fidelity' and 'Grosse Point Blank,' is certainly a capable match for the material, but it's hard to imagine that anyone is going to be super excited about this news. If you're a big fan of Troma and 'The Toxic Avenger' chances are you have almost no desire to see anyone else take up the Toxie mantle. The reason the original films have a cult following is because of how defiantly counter-culture they were. To have someone like Akiva Goldsman on board as a producer kind of negates all of the non-mainstream good will Troma has cultivated with film geeks over the years.

Fortunately Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz, who directed the original film, will be on board Pink's film as executive producers, so fans may not need to light their torches too quickly. When they hear what Pink has to say about the film, however, things may get lit on fire:

"The Toxic Avenger is exactly what the country--wait, that's not big enough--what the world needs right now,"

I love the optimism there, but what Pink is referring to in that quote from Deadline is that this new 'Toxic Avenger' is going to be an "environmentally-conscious action-comedy." And that's all well and good since the original Melvin from Troma's series does fight a bunch of polluting corporations after he's mutated by toxic waste, so Pink and co-writer Daniel C. Mitchell aren't exactly redefining the character, but I'm already nervous that they'll be going overboard on the environmental angle given how rabid people are with Green Fever these days.

Yes, the original Toxie fought The Man from time to time, but it was more about a shy, meek Melvin finding the strength to stand up to everyone that either bullied him or just didn't care about him when he was a simple dork than it was his literal fight to save the environment. I just hope that all involved keep that aspect of the story in mind instead of trying to turn Toxie into Captain Planet. To be fair, those are not explicitly their intentions at this point, it's just a fear I have. What about you? What do you want to see in a 'Toxic Avenger' remake?

-by Peter Hall

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast