08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post
    In all due respect... Teddy R. never got to see a Rob Zombie movie
    I guess that's supposed to be witty but your observation is inconsequential to a universal truth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    And you are obviously a RZ troll, who adds noise to threads you could, but choose not to, move right on by. It's okay though, the internet is here to provide you an outlet.

By contrast, I don't have to feign the same amazement that trolls spend so much time, typing so many words, across so many pages, about people and things they claim to dislike. Who are you trying to convince? I mean, use your energy how you see fit but, come on, don't act so surprised when you're actually engaged.
    you are a comedian as well! How is providing negative reviews and voicing my opinion on a horror movie message board trolling (you do realize this IS a horror movie message board...right?)? Are you suggesting I simply bypass threads I am going to leave comments in that may offend people because they disagree with me? I am oh so sorry I don't abide by your message board rules.

I have better things to do in life than troll a message board criticizing RZ and apparently upsetting you. So tell me, what should I be posting here? If I recall you have had a few rambling posts criticizing other members because they prefer practical effects over CGI. Yet another topic that you obviously get irritated over. But that isn't trolling...right?

Here you go, a thread of you "trolling". But if you read, it certainly seems as though your comments are aimed quite a bit more at getting under other members skin than my generalized "RZ rant".

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...s-Practical-fx

I can't wait for you to get back up on your soap box so everyone can read your fluffed up retort to this.

Last edited by Macready; 03-12-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    23 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    you are a comedian as well! How is providing negative reviews and voicing my opinion on a horror movie message board trolling
    You haven't provided any insight into what makes RZ or his films so "hack", yet you've repeated the opinion more than once. A simple "I don't like him" on page 2, your first contribution to this thread, would have gotten the point across. You basically just re-state your opinion four more times on that page without articulating anything beyond generous usage of adjectives like "garbage".

Let's see on page 3...looks like eleven of more of the same "crap" "garbage" "netflix"...no valuable articulation of any thought in support of your central idea to be found.

Let's see on page 4...here we have your confusion over reconciling a trailer designed to establish a mood without the need for verbal narrative with a synopsis written about the overall film...more confusion about how these things work...need for literalism...at least this is something more than the previous page...now we're back to hyperbolic statements about RZ...now you've gone to seek out negative pre-release reviews in an attempt to support your hate...I guess that's actually contributing...now back to just negative statements that don't further the thread at all...more looking for negative reviews and feigned resentment for being called a "hater", which is pretty funny by this point.

And here we are on page 5. A troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I have better things to do in life than troll a message board criticizing RZ and apparently upsetting you.
    Um...yeah. I can see that. Also, I'm not upset. I'm just (sometimes overly)articulate. When I'm upset I've already determined that the minimal effort even this post represents is a waste of effort and at that point I'll either ignore you or call you a fucking moron and then maybe resort to thread bombing with memes, because at that point that's the level of response I've decided you're worth and what you will more immediately understand. So, as you can see, I'm not upset yet.

I'd say the description of troll is quite accurate for most of the five pages of effort you've put in. The difference between this and the thread I'm in is I can, and have, given detailed supporting information to support my claims in a topic expressly created (at least the title implies such) inviting counter opinions. While the thread is full of posts that amount to not much more than, "cg sucks, practical rules", I can and have backed up everything I say with externally verifiable references. Not to mention, I'm maybe the only person in the entire thread who has more than JAFO experience with the topic being discussed, but that's practically beside the point because it doesn't take inside knowledge, just a pair of eyes and some sense.

I can, and have, backed up my soapbox with both technical and artistic information and views. I expect people with equally strong claims to be able to do the same and muster up more than a twelve year old's ability to contribute to these threads.

edit: I think it's funny that it's even possible for the only, actual effects professional (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) who's also a member, chiming in on topics relating to effects, could be considered "trolling" in any known universe. I suppose professional musicians should stay away from the music topics and let y'all just say, whatever, to yourselves without fear of being challenged occasionally, you know, by people who do more than read about the stuff being discussed. Wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 03-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    23 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Kudos to Mac if he reads all that

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Holy sweet Jesus! I refuse to quote that wall of text so I will just make my points by creating my very own wall of text.

RZ is a hack to me because: His directing simply sucks. He has characters nobody cares about and never fleshes them out. His films resemble someone taking scenes and simply trying to slap them together with quick cuts, ridiculous and outlandish scenes where obviously to him seem like art but in reality are just weird and make absolutely no sense. On the other hand, you don't see me making a big deal over people who enjoy his work. Everyone has their own opinion, deal with it instead of being butthurt about it. There are other examples I could give but you will just shoot them down because you like his work and I don't. So what's the point?

When I'm upset I've already determined that the minimal effort even this post represents is a waste of effort and at that point I'll either ignore you or call you a fucking moron and then maybe resort to thread bombing with memes, because at that point that's the level of response I've decided you're worth and what you will more immediately understand.
    Wait you're 41 or 14? I haven't called someone a moron because I disagree with their views since I was 10! You're so high above me or anyone else that you get to decide what someone you disagree with is worth? Please, I feel oh so special to be engaged in a conversation with you. I hope you don't decide I'm a moron

In that thread I referenced I also asked for an example of what you were claiming but that never materialized. So "Mr. Professional" where is it? Other than spewing out words to back up your claims you actually said you can and have done better. I asked for an example. I know you don't have to present one, hell I really don't expect you to. I am bringing it up because you felt compelled for me to divulge in backing up my claims why RZ sucks farts out of a donkey's ass when it comes to film making.

So what you are saying with your internet slang for a troll is that I'm off topic in a thread talking about a RZ film because I said I dislike him? You do realize how idiotic that sounds...right? I'm sorry I really think RZ is the bee's knees! Another Scorsese! I haven't seen it yet but all the reviews out that are saying this movie is horrible have to be biased because everyone hates RZ(trolls!!!!)! In fact I'm going to say this should be nominated for best film of the year!

At this point I have no problem being called a troll because I feel I have not stepped outside the topic of this thread or any boundaries of the forum rules in general. You on the other hand seem to take things way to personally and resort to replies aimed at attacking other members instead of having a simple discussion (or civililzed argument) about it.

As for being a professional that's great man, power to ya. But that doesn't mean you should make your replies on the subject sounding like a complete tool. A reply of "That's not what I was saying. Try again." from a "professional? How about some clarification instead of getting pissy. It was simply a question being asked of you.

To summarize, I have simply not liked any of RZ's movies. I don't think he is a good director. Power to him for saying fuck it to everyone and making his own shit his way, but that still doesn't make him good. And everyone reading this that see's this movie better not say they dislike it or that RZ sucks as a director even if it's just that his stuff isn't your cup of tea because you are not entitled to that opinion! You would simply be a RZ troll!

Oh yeah...and I'm a troll!

I hope Fright gives this a good review!

And yes DM, I did read all that. It was quite entertaining. Been here 9 years, never been called a troll before! Is there an achievement icon for that?

Last edited by Macready; 03-13-2013 at 06:21 AM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Apparently the film is getting a DVD release in the UK 10 days after it's released theatrically in the US

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Apparently the film is getting a DVD release in the UK 10 days after it's released theatrically in the US
    Straight to DVD then in the UK I take it?

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Straight to DVD then in the UK I take it?
    If I understand correctly it's going to theaters there on the 26th, then to DVD on the 29th. It's common for movies to go immediately to DVD in the UK apparently

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Wow, that is actually stranger than VOD first then theaters here.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    23 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

That means pirating this, hopefully not, POS will be easy!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    That means pirating this, hopefully not, POS will be easy!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-09-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 37
    Did anyone see the screening for LOS yet? Any good? I know people have polarizing views on Rob Zombie as a film director they either love him or hate him. I cant say I have overally high hopes for this film. But I do want to see it.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Apparently at one point a Sasquatch randomly shows up

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Ghost sasquatch to go with the ghost goat

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

So many ghosts

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    A Sasquatch too?! I'm down

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Oh come o when is the last time we had a good sasquatch movie?

* First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast