Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167

The God Memoirs 2007

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0989823/
    Director: Brian Hirschbine
    Genre:Horror, Gore

Alone and isolated in an uncompromising world, one man's quest for understanding and reason pushes him to the limits of sanity. Whom should this man blame for his current situation, God or his past? In trying to navigate a life that is decaying with paranoia, hallucinations and delusions, violence emerges; but is this violence in the name God or an ingrained instinct of family. This is a Journey through a mind crippled and crumbling from false expectations and broken promises...in search of belonging, a desolate view of man and depression; and in the end one can only ask, "In a moment of desperation how far will your faith take you?"...Brian Hirschbine

A new God will be no better than Man, as Man is no better than the old God", says the 30-something serial killer. The film opens to him in his basement, sitting at a desk. It looks as if he is working on something and when the contents on the desk are revealed, we see him carefully sewing a slab of flesh cut off his latest victim's chest. In the background, we hear the sounds of crying and pleading. It's his latest victim, who is tied to a bloody mattress, begging for him to spare her life. It's a gruesome sight as she has been cut up very badly. As she looks down at her mutilated body, she screams, "What have you done to me?" Very calmly, the killer looks over her. He doesn't look as if he feels mercy, or a least bit of remorse for what he has done. He treats his poor victim like a cockroach by stomping on her head violently. Her cries stop. She is dead. The killer doesn't think anything of it, and he's so calm about committing murder, it's scary.

The monologues by the killer are set in nature as he spends time in tranquil surroundings in order to reflect on human existence. He addresses the loss of faith coming from his disgust of corruption in humanity. He is still able to find beauty in the world, this gives him hope. There is a lack of story and this comes from the anonymous killer's "memoirs", or recollections. He is clearly a psychopath with murderous tendencies, but realistically, a loss of our faith is something we deal with in our everyday lives. The killer lost his faith and he chose to do something about it by trying to rid the world of sinners. Interactions with victims are too distant, and they seem as if there is no motive. They are on screen for a minute or so before they are killed. The killer barely utters a word.

The score adds a creepy ambience to the visuals, and all of its potential.... that is why I expected it to amount to something special. When violence is intended to be realistic, it comes across as being bit forced. There is a fatal beating with a frying pan. In the same scene, a child is shown stabbed to death. Scene fades to black, then viewers are subjected to the scary sight of a child stabbed and dying, crawling towards his bloodied mother. It's moments like these when the director dares to cross a line, but every time violence is shown, he cuts away and waits for the aftermath. I wanted to see the actual brutality..then it's results. This wasn't in all the scenes...you do see some of the filthy deeds being done.

"The God Memoirs" strives to be a different take on the serial killer film, it wastes its opportunity, especially by resorting to repeating monologues and missing any chance of telling us what kind of person the killer truly is. It is unique though. There is this "god" the killer is assembling, through various parts of his victims. This creation alone gave me the morbid curiosity to watch to the end.

Trailer:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1295933706

Style: shot on video
    Gore:8..very gory torture scenes but not long enough
    My Thoughts: alittle boring...you have to listen to a bunch of rants about his loss of faith in mankind but the outdoor scenes were pretty. When the gore was shown, it was nice to look at. Some gut wrenching screams did give me a chill or two.
    Shock value: 7..maybe an 8..the head stomping was freaky..

Rating:6/10...due to the fact it was kinda slow paced.

Sources:
    Abortion Bin Productions http://www.freewebs.com/abortionbin/
    http://www.myspace.com/abortionbin

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by woodenheart; 07-01-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    Your words got me interested in the film. I'll check it out at least for the gore and to see this "God" creation... Thanks.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    bumpity bump...

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50

It is a real shame this movie, or their others isn't available to purchase from them anymore. Their stuff looks and sounds top notch

Last edited by Splat; 07-06-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Just bought

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-08-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Splat,
    I just entered a reply. It may not post because my email was included. It may post twice.

As I was saying though...You should have Bit Torrented this POS. No I am not a critic I am the director. Seriously. I got the rights back last year from SRS and I don't plan on re-releasing it unless it is edited and new material shot. All the reviews are true and some are more kind than they should have been. I mean I appreciate the support ... but you should have bought Synchronicity on Amazon instead. Anyway shoot me an email at abortionbinproductions@comcast (DOT) net (Hopefully it posts this time) Send me your mailing info and I'll get you out a copy of Tapeworm and maybe a screener of Black Ice if I have any around for your good intentions of supporting our films. Then don't watch God Memoirs till you've seen our better material.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-08-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Ummmm....

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-08-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Splat. My apologies. I appreciate the support of you buying this film, but this movie sucks (in terms of what I think you are expecting)...I know I made it. I am not being hard on myself, all the reviews are true...some more kind than they should be. I recently got the rights back from SRS and I don't even plan on re-releasing it unless I shoot new footage and edit the hell out of it. You should have bought Synchronicity off of Amazon a much more rewarding watch. Anyway you seem like a good guy with good tastes and I hate to see anyone waste thier money or get screwed on a blind buy...get me your info and I'll send you out a a copy of Tapeworm and Black Ice to reward you awsomeness of supporting independent films and buying something you think looks cool. There aren't many fans like that left and that is why the Indie sceen is dying. Thanks again for the support.
    Brian

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-08-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    woodenheart,
    You can contact me too and I'll ship you out some Complimentary Gore. You've been posting our stuff on here for over a year and that is awesome. I thank you for the interest and for spreading the info. Word of mouth is how us little guys survive.

Brian

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by abortionbin1980 View Post
    Splat. My apologies. I appreciate the support of you buying this film, but this movie sucks (in terms of what I think you are expecting)...I know I made it. I am not being hard on myself, all the reviews are true...some more kind than they should be. I recently got the rights back from SRS and I don't even plan on re-releasing it unless I shoot new footage and edit the hell out of it. You should have bought Synchronicity off of Amazon a much more rewarding watch. Anyway you seem like a good guy with good tastes and I hate to see anyone waste thier money or get screwed on a blind buy...get me your info and I'll send you out a a copy of Tapeworm and Black Ice to reward you awsomeness of supporting independent films and buying something you think looks cool. There aren't many fans like that left and that is why the Indie sceen is dying. Thanks again for the support.
    Brian
    I am stunned man...wow. I do my best to support guys like yourself that make the type of movies I love.

Last edited by Splat; 07-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenheart View Post
    Shock value: 7..maybe an 8..the head stomping was freaky..
    Rating:6/10...due to the fact it was kinda slow paced.
    I would have to agree upon viewing this last night. I loved the movie but it did drag. It most certainly got the message across about this guys loneliness and beliefs that developed from seeing his mother murdered by his father and his own survival.

The killings and gore were very well done, just wished the movie had shown a lot more of this. Some really beautiful camera shots as well.

Again, I understood the guys ravings but felt they took up far too much screen time.

+ Reply to Thread