Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5

30 years ago, a mother avenged her special little boy

Didn't relies this until it was menchioned on AMC when it was playing Friday the 13th, this is the 30th anniverser of the legendary horror film. I think we all agree that if not for this film, that horror today wouldn't be where it's at. Does anyone remember this film when they first saw it? I think I was between 11 and 14 and I spotted it on TV on Friday the 13th of I think Febuary. Needless t say, I was shocked by the turn of events of who the real killer was and the shock ending. I then watched II and III after and was starting to watch IV but it was too late.

What do you guys have to say?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Aurone; 10-18-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    This series SUCKED. Jason was kind of cool but was never memorable to me as a killer and wasen't very interesting enough and was undoubtfully a complete cash cow.

Halloween was the one that really started the slasher genre, along side with Black Christmas, Friday the 13th wasn't as creatively influenced as Halloween, it was more gory than it was suspenceful and scary, but I do love the gore and that's the only reason I like the 1st Friday the 13th, but I was never a Jason fan, sure I dressed up as him for Halloween but that was only because I ran out of ideas of what to be for that year.

Other than that, I'm sure Friday the 13th didn't really start too much of the craze, it's just a juicy warm-up act before the power of sequels and dozens of other films like Night of the Demons, A Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

But I don't want to argue, if you like Jason I don't want to stomp on your passion, I just don't care for Friday the 13th, especially when the 3rd film wasn't even on Friday the 13th..probably a lot of them, and Jason's revival and different faces were getting more rediculous, but I'd have to give the series some credit, it pushed open the doors to allow more gore into film, I think at least, but other than that I don't care for it.

And Freddy should've killed him...

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

French (s)cum
    The mad woodsman is back...

Status
    Last Online
    03-28-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Add walk on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I must have seen the first one 12-15 years ago. it was the good old time when I was beginning to watch horror movies. I was thrilled by all these discoveries.

I enjoyed watching "Friday 13th" of course and I still enjoy watching it.

By the fallen one I shall arise...

http://walkelsass.deviantart.com/

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-13-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I honestly cant remember exactly when or how I 1st saw Friday The 13th, I know I didnt see it in the theater when it 1st came out as my mom had heard to much about it from my older cousins & wouldnt take me. (She took me to many horror films like The Shining, American Werewolf in London ect. but wouldnt budge on FT13th.) But Im pretty sure I saw it before I saw PT2 somehow as I knew the story. Before we got cable TV in the early 80s, we had some crap pay TV thing called SPECTRAVISION which only lasted a very short time as it was broadcast thru antenna and not a cable. I remember I saw THE WARRIORS for the 1st time and Im pretty sure this is where I saw it.

She also wouldnt take me to part 2 but I went to the mall and bought a ticket for something else, went to the bathroom for a few mins, then just walked in the that theater!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    I think there was a sleepover and we watched it. All i remember was the other girl I was with flipping out especially on the last scene.

* First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This series SUCKED. Jason was kind of cool but was never memorable to me as a killer and wasen't very interesting enough and was undoubtfully a complete cash cow.
    Never memorable? Jason is probably THE most recognizable horror character and maybe the most recognizable cinema character ever
    Halloween was the one that really started the slasher genre, along side with Black Christmas, Friday the 13th wasn't as creatively influenced as Halloween, it was more gory than it was suspenceful and scary, but I do love the gore and that's the only reason I like the 1st Friday the 13th, but I was never a Jason fan, sure I dressed up as him for Halloween but that was only because I ran out of ideas of what to be for that year.
    Actually Black Xmas wasnt "along side" Halloween it was years before and if you are counting slashers theey existed before Carpenter stepped on the scene, check out Bay of Blood, The Town that Dreaded Sundown, or if you REALLY want to go back old school slashers like Psycho and Peeping Tom exist.
    Other than that, I'm sure Friday the 13th didn't really start too much of the craze, it's just a juicy warm-up act before the power of sequels and dozens of other films like Night of the Demons, A Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    Didn't start a craze? They made like 12 fucking movies, a spinoff tv series, thousands of toys, documentaries, books, comics, video games, etc. The only other series I can think of that is more popular is Godzilla...you ever hear of him?
    But I don't want to argue, if you like Jason I don't want to stomp on your passion, I just don't care for Friday the 13th, especially when the 3rd film wasn't even on Friday the 13th..probably a lot of them, and Jason's revival and different faces were getting more rediculous, but I'd have to give the series some credit, it pushed open the doors to allow more gore into film, I think at least, but other than that I don't care for it.

Actually the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th takes place after each other so in the original series only the 1st was on the 13th.

Your points are non-nonsensical, and you seem to deny the influence and bearing this series has not only on the horror genre but on pop-culture in general. Playing the roll of "the horror snob" doesnt suit you well, you obviously aren't versed enough in the subject for it to pass...just say you were never a fan and move on.

Anyways back on the subject, I love the original it gets better with every watch. As for the first time I saw it I can't remember when I was probably 3 or 4 staying at my grandparents house (they let us rent whatever we wanted) and I'm sure I watched it and had my face glued to the TV.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Yup Bay of Blood was the beginning of Slashers and F13th Part 2 copied many scenes directly from it. The OG Friday stole, then reworked it's plot and premise.

But we can't expect much accuracy from the highly limited, and perverted, Hentai watching Toby

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    the costume design of Jason in part2, was ripped right from the "the town that dreaded sundown" so please stop preaching like you know what your talking about Toby

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    I have no idea how old I was when I first watched Friday the 13th. I was young that's all I know. And I remember watching it at my uncles, because he was a horror fanatic. It's funny to think back then I used to get so scared of horror movies, but still loved to watch them. Ugh, I wish I could still get that scared sometimes.

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Yeah there's nothing like being a kid and watching the scary flicks.

It would help if they tried to make the films better and actually scary.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    Quote Originally Posted by steelba View Post
    It would help if they tried to make the films better and actually scary.
    That's true.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-24-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    I actually didn't see the first one first. The first one I ever saw as a kid was Jason Takes Manhattan, I liked it and got my parents (after much begging) to rent the rest of the movies in the series at the video store. It was fun and scary going through all the movies in the series for the first time as a kid.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Pretty sure the 30th anniversary was in June.

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    was actually in May... may 9th

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Curses

Token black chick
    Drinking Margaritas and
    watching horror

Status
    Last Online
    01-16-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Follow Jungle_Julia On Twitter Add Jungle_Julia on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post

What an idiot....ugh

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I've got promises to keep And miles to go before I sleep...

http://www.facebook.com/FemmeFatale87

http://www.Twitter.com/Shelbyyyy_babyy

+ Reply to Thread