Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Criminal Lovers

Criminal Lovers (1999)
    Directed and written by: François Ozon
    Synopsis:
    Going on a crime spree starting with murder of a guy in their school, beautiful Alice and her virgin boyfriend Luc drives away from their town and dumps the body in the woods. The only problem is that someone has gotten rid of their trails back to the car and they have to stay the night in a boat. The morning after Luc finds a small cabin inhabited by an older man and their plan is to search his house for food as soon as he leaves. But the old man returns quicker than expected and catches them with their mouths full. He now locks them in the celler and a fondness towards Luc is growing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0205735/

-------------------------------------

Criminal Lovers is a very underrated and fairly unknown French film that I think is really great. Not sure how available it has been in the past, but I think that if people start taking notice to it, it will be talked about a lot more. It's a weird little crime / drama story that almost ventures into a fairytale at times, just with a more... adult twist to it. Figured it was worth posting about.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-09-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I love this film, its pretty twisted take on the Hanzel and Gretal fairytale. And whats up with Ozon having women fucking chairs and trees in a few of his films? I'm also a huge fan of Ozon's See The Sea and Sitcom. Under The Sand, Swimming Pool and Water Drops on Burning Rocks aren't half bad either IMO.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by VisitorQ; 01-13-2011 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread