Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4
    Yes all of his movies have some extreme usage of dialogue, he takes too much time taking time on getting things done. Why not get right to the point. I believe his is a good one, i mean I could see if some of the dialogue was interesting but for them to just sit there and talk and talk and talk about nothing makes it even more tiring.

And if you read his screenplays they are worse. But I have to say that the man knows what he's doing, all of that damn talking then he sucker punches you with some crazy shit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    " A little GORE never hurts anyone"

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Horror View Post
    Why not get right to the point. I believe his is a good one, i mean I could see if some of the dialogue was interesting but for them to just sit there and talk and talk and talk about nothing makes it even more tiring.
    Uh..obviously that's his style. If they didn't talk and talk and talk then it wouldn't be Tarantino-esque. Besides I personally love those long little talks, gives some personality to the characters.

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    I'm up for a third.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Uh..obviously that's his style. If they didn't talk and talk and talk then it wouldn't be Tarantino-esque. Besides I personally love those long little talks, gives some personality to the characters.
    Makes me glad there is a fast forward button.

Last edited by steelba; 03-09-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Yes all of his movies have some extreme usage of dialogue, he takes too much time taking time on getting things done. Why not get right to the point. I believe his is a good one, i mean I could see if some of the dialogue was interesting but for them to just sit there and talk and talk and talk about nothing makes it even more tiring.

And if you read his screenplays they are worse. But I have to say that the man knows what he's doing, all of that damn talking then he sucker punches you with some crazy shit.
    Please go review scream 3 and tell us how great it is

Life... 2 inches to the left.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Anyone find the humor in the irony of a guy who constantly uses too many words in posts complaining about a guy that uses too many words in screenplays?

Our immortality is found in the words and actions of our children.

You see relatives at holidays, weddings, and funerals, but family is always with you.

Do not steal, rape, or murder. Everything else is fair game.

Facing failure is easier than running from regret.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I love tarantiono's dialoge, if you don't like that style I have no idea why you would even watch a tarantino movie...that's like hating explosions and watching a Michael Bay movie

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

I love GORE!
    Laid back

Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    okay...I never said I didn't like the dialogue I just said that there was too much, I mean his style is unique, very unique, he just had a little bit too much dialogue in between the scenes....just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by steelba View Post
    Makes me glad there is a fast forward button.
    You couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Please go review scream 3 and tell us how great it is
    As much as you complain/whine about me writing them, I would expect someone with your expertise to know that I already have. It's an early one. You know you oughtta go check it out and tell me how much you hate, you know, like you always do

Last edited by Prince of Horror; 03-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Why would Darkgod, or any of us for that matter, even want to check out your reviews? DG was being sarcastic because your reviews suck so much ass, then you go and tell him to read it and then you tell him to flame it. Your logic fails.

Plus you contradicted yourself. You say, and I quote

I mean his style is unique, very unique, he just had a little bit too much dialogue in between the scenes....just saying.

So you admit his style is unique, "very unique" but then complain that he has too much dialogue. Then you said before that his dialogue is "tiring" and how the characters just sit there and "talk and talk and talk", but then you say you don't hate his dialogue.

Personally, I think after the success of Inglorious Basterds and Death Proof (which I know some people hated) that this third Kill Bill is going to be spectacular. To me Tarantino never disappoints, but as long as this movie has been anticipated for 10 years I think it will be amazing.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 50
    I don't mind it, sometimes it is like haha they are talking shit then sometimes it is interesting. I just find it haha that he makes his actors do them

I love GORE!
    Laid back

Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    If you would have notice, my logic was being in sarcastic as in saying go read, you do it anyway. Whether he was joking or not, I'm trying to be at ease here, you know I'm an adult now unlike what I can say for you.

For the matter of you saying that you don't read my reviews, anyone here could go on them and catch your lame ass bashing. I mean if you don't like them, stop bitching and don't read them, I mean steelba is so right, you just fuck with people because you are miserable. You can find judgement in everything that someone else does but nothing that you do. Why do you insist of fucking with someone that you say is shit, that just makes you an even bigger shit. Because you are miserable. I've never mentioned the fact that your girlfriend and you weigh an equivalent or 3 tons, or the simple fact that all you have to do with your pathetic life is get drunk and bash others, I mean I've never fucking bothered you which is even more disturbing as to the fact you insist on STALKING me.

Just don't like everyone else and ignore the things that I do. Sorry to get a little frustrated on this post but it's sad and irritating to see the same guy having to say something about something you did.

Back to the topic at hand. His films have a unique style, but some heavy dialogue, which isn't bad at all. I actually liked how he used it in Jackie Brown. It is alot but still manages to keep me interested.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'm not reading anything you just said. Just please stop and know that no one agree's with you here.

kthnxbai

The Stoner In The Horror Movie
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 80
    This is becoming interesting .

Non Horror Draft Winners
    #1 Get Some
    #2 Steelba
    #3 Steelba
    #4 strtfghtr

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Well I did read what he said and I'm going to kind of break this shit down and then move on with the topic so this doesn't get deleted like the hundreds of others..

If you would have notice, my logic was being in sarcastic as in saying go read, you do it anyway. Whether he was joking or not, I'm trying to be at ease here, you know I'm an adult now unlike what I can say for you.
    First of all, aside from shitty grammar...actually I don't know what you were saying. Trying to be at ease? I don't follow.

For the matter of you saying that you don't read my reviews, anyone here could go on them and catch your lame ass bashing. I mean if you don't like them, stop bitching and don't read them
    True, problem is I never said I didn't read them. Sure you were being "sarcastic" , but you told DG to check out your review of Scream 3 and I simply rebuttaled with, "Why would any of us want to read your reviews", cause frankly they're shit. But that's a different story.

I mean steelba is so right, you just fuck with people because you are miserable.
    I like how you call me miserable because that's what I call Steelba when him and I get into our little brawls. Think of your own insults.

You can find judgement in everything that someone else does but nothing that you do.
    The hell does that mean? So, you post reviews and only expect positive feedback? Dude I'll say you have shitty grammar and want you to rewrite it and you flip out and say I'm "stalking you" or "bashing you". You're a little baby. And the fact that so many people bash you on your "reviews" is because you always contradict yourself. You never have your own thoughts and when you do, you change them if you get flamed for having a shitty taste. You're a conformist plain and simple.

I've never mentioned the fact that your girlfriend and you weigh an equivalent or 3 tons
    This always seems to be a popular topic with everyone trying to "bash" me on ze interwebz, but sad to say you are wrong. Once again, you can't think of your own insults and Steelba usually brings up my and my gf's weight. Truth is, I don't weigh that much. I'm a solid 220 and I can bench a good 275. Trust me I'm FAR from bragging, but just because I'm a bigger guy, doesn't mean I'm fat. As for my gf, yeah she's a bit chubby and everyone likes to poke fun at the fact, but so what? She's definitely not fat and you have only seen one picture of her! So how can you even say that? . I don't date fatties. But once again, dif story.

or the simple fact that all you have to do with your pathetic life is get drunk and bash others
    I think I've gone on here..maybe twice..to drunk bash someone. So, yeah..quit your bitching and get yourself some friends to have good times with and maybe you'll understand.
    STALKING me.

Just don't like everyone else and ignore the things that I do. Sorry to get a little frustrated on this post but it's sad and irritating to see the same guy having to say something about something you did.
    Are you trying to perfect on your "Yoda Typing" technique's or is your grammar really THAT shitty? Not to be a grammar nazi here, but god damn kid.

Prince, I have owned you. I'm sorry, but I have. I'm not proud of doing this online, but unfortunately you live too far away to do this in person. I'm sorry if we don't see eye to eye all the time and I'm sorry if you think I'm "stalking" you , but I'm not. You post up reviews and I can really put anything down as an opinion. Not everyone has to have a reason to like you ya know. If I don't like your reviews, I'll say it. If I don't like your opinions, I'll state it. That's life man. I may come off as mean or "stalkerish" but I'm not. I love this forum and would say it to anyone else in any other topic, but the truth of the matter is...there is no one else on here who is as big of an idiot as you. If there was, I'd do the same.

Thankyou..*Takes a bow*

Back to the topic at hand. His films have a unique style, but some heavy dialogue, which isn't bad at all. I actually liked how he used it in Jackie Brown. It is alot but still manages to keep me interested.
    and NOW, to finally get back on topic. Oh, look at that. Now you are contradicting yourself again saying 'his films have a unique dialogue, and I don't find them bad at all', but earlier you said it was tiring.

God, I can't win with you can I prince?

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Hey that's my move to take a long quote and rip it apart piece by piece!

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

As much as you complain/whine about me writing them, I would expect someone with your expertise to know that I already have. It's an early one. You know you oughtta go check it out and tell me how much you hate, you know, like you always do
    I always give you critiscism but I never complain or whine about you writing them. But as otheres pointed out, you trashing Tarentino dialouge as drab... but then will go give some shitfest movie an 8/10 and write nonsense about it. Your last review I actually complemented yo on, but I guess thats got to stop now

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 50
    I like your signiture Darkgod

Last edited by Splat; 03-10-2011 at 08:21 AM.

That One Chick
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-18-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Add PaganMoon on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make.

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    Hehe, I love feuds/rivalaries.

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,907

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast