Well, as you may have heard by now, Del Toro and Cameron are gone from At The Mountains Of Madness – But you may not know yet that Shadow Mihai and Carrie Cain Sparks are in!!

I learned today that the directing-Producing team Mihai - shadowmihai.com - and Carrie Cain Sparks have announced they are in early pre-production on an original feature film adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s At The Mountains Of Madness, which they will shoot live action and in the 3D format. As a prelude to the filme, they this week released the sjLume.com. audio book version of At The Mountains Of Madness along with a companion e-book version in various electronic formats.

I haven't seen the script (they won't let a stumbler like me near it with a 30 foot word processor) but Director Shadow Mihai, who also penned the script, insists that there is plenty of theme in the original work, as well as numerous angles of storytelling that are unconventional, compelling and unusual. Sparks and Mihai say that the production values will be similar to the intended Del Toro work.

So many of us Lovecraft fans and horror fans (and fans of 3D film) were let down when Del Toro dropped At The Mountains Of Madness. But Mihai and Sparks intend to produce the film out of their own company, Stella James Studios. A start date for the historic film is supposed to be announced this week on sjLume.com.