My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    It was an alright flick. It was chocked fill of plot holes and was a little slow, but decent. I'd recommend waiting for the DVD.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Odd? I call it Unique
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add SilentRedRose on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    After all I said, I may end up seeing this. Not because it's a movie I really give a crap about seeing, but my cousin and few friends are going to it tonight and I figured it's something to do. May not go either in the end, but if I DO I'll give my word on the movie as well.

If you can't KILL them with KINDNESS. Then CONFUSE them with CRAZINESS......

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5
    Just got back from 3D. I honestly don't see the hatred this is getting. I will fully say right now it's flawed that where obvious. The issue with Hal and his father was paper thin, they hardly played up on the childhood friend thing with Hal, Hector and Lively, and the soundtrack was lacking. Also the 3D was ok, but I've seen better uses with Tron: Legacy and Jackass 3D. None the less, the action was fun to watch, the humor was funny, and the times that was really dark it honestly didn't feel out of place. Acting was good (Ryan didn't feel out of place as Hal), the special affects mostly looked great with only a few moments looking out of place and it nicely set up the events for a sequel (it's pretty obvious if you know the source material).

So yeah, it was a flawed film which could have been improved but it was still fun. I think that is what might have a lot of people angry, after the build up and production and everything, they wher hoping for more but didn't get it. I'm hoping it does well in theatres cause they can then go back and fix up what's wrong with any fallow up films.

7.5 out of 10 rating.

The Russian Dictator
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-21-2014

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'd say it was a solid 7. Not a bad flick, but not worth seeing again unless you stumble across it on tv. Just everything about it in general is just alright.

Odd? I call it Unique
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add SilentRedRose on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Just saw the movie a bit ago. Personally, I will also say it was semi flawed. It seemed to pick up at the end like most superhero films do. There wasn't much action in this one. Some parts confused me and yes there were some various plot holes and for some reason the movie just seemed rushed in a sense. I would say it's more of a film to wait for on DVD.

Last edited by SilentRedRose; 06-17-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    If you can't KILL them with KINDNESS. Then CONFUSE them with CRAZINESS......

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    An extended/director's cut version might do it favors with Critics when it's released.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurone View Post
    Just got back from 3D. I honestly don't see the hatred this is getting. I will fully say right now it's flawed that where obvious. The issue with Hal and his father was paper thin, they hardly played up on the childhood friend thing with Hal, Hector and Lively, and the soundtrack was lacking. Also the 3D was ok, but I've seen better uses with Tron: Legacy and Jackass 3D. None the less, the action was fun to watch, the humor was funny, and the times that was really dark it honestly didn't feel out of place. Acting was good (Ryan didn't feel out of place as Hal), the special affects mostly looked great with only a few moments looking out of place and it nicely set up the events for a sequel (it's pretty obvious if you know the source material).

So yeah, it was a flawed film which could have been improved but it was still fun. I think that is what might have a lot of people angry, after the build up and production and everything, they wher hoping for more but didn't get it. I'm hoping it does well in theatres cause they can then go back and fix up what's wrong with any fallow up films.

7.5 out of 10 rating.
    I'd have to agree. I went into this thing with really low expectations. I just wasn't going to pass up an invitation to the Alamo Drafthouse. Good movie, bad movie, I love that place. I was pleasantly surprised.

This is what I'd consider a "pure" comic book movie. What I mean by that is, it didn't try to make a "realistic" or adult-oriented adaptation. It didn't try to use technology or some watered down idea as a means to make the subject matter somehow more believable or more consistent with our own world.

It left the fantastic elements straight out of a comic as fantastic as it found them. The script, however, was also consistent with being a story told quickly in only a few panels with only a few words held in place by little balloons so there wasn't really a whole lot of development or depth to what we see unfold. I didn't really care though.

There were a lot of decisions that I really didn't understand or agree with. From a technical standpoint, as well as an appreciation for how much time, effort, money and work was done to make the suit CG in every scene, this was needless IMNSHO. Reynolds has a real comic book superhero body as-is and none of the extra dimensional or energy texture effects couldn't have been added as layers of digital augmentation, saving tons.

The opening was also terribly synthetic feeling, like an average, non-Blizzard, game cinema. When viewed as a whole, however, the movie was so totally consistent in its un-reality, without ever looking like it was simply cheap or patronizingly mediocre in finish (ala Spy Kids, Shark Boy, etc.), that it ended up not bothering me after a while.

The biggest surprise, for me, was Sarsgard, who gave a transcendent performance as a comic book villain made real. He made Blake Lively's presence and performance all the more useless and out-of-place.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    im going to see this because im a huge Green Lantern fan. I get GL and Green Lantern Corps every month. But im a little afraid of all the CGI. I mean I understand that point behind the CGI suits because the GL suits are pure energy, the rings creates them. It isn't something Hal just pulls out of the closet. But Killowog and all those other characters being completely CG? Why? But it wont ruin the movie for me.

I'll give it a shot. But this is a movie Im gonna have to give a little bit of a break to storyline wise. Because theres SO MUCH thats happened in the green lantern storyline. I know not all the human GL's are in this movie but theres a ton of stuff thats happened between Hal, Guy, John and Kyle all 4 showing up. I realize there gonna have to condence (sp?) this down to eventually have other things in a sequal. Hell I'd love to see Red Lanterns and Black Lanterns but thats so far in the storyline that probably wouldn't happen in this stretch of movies. Somebody Mentioned Hal Jordan going crazy once. Thats because he was posessed by Parallax. Dunno if this ones gonna go that route, maybe for a little while.

Last edited by Chief Falling Rock; 06-18-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    just got back. I was pleasently suprised. Sinestro was great. Good movie. Nice little scene durin the credits that made my geek giggle. Was nice to see that quick Bzzd cameo too.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    One of my favorite scenes was the balcony scene with Hal and Lively. So many superhero films have the romance interest and hero play the cat and mouse romance story and who's behind the mask, this took it and just did a fun twist and I've actually come to apprieciate the film for atleast changing the pace with that.

Last edited by Aurone; 06-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    One of my favorite scenes was the balcony scene with Hal and Lively. So many superhero films have the romance interest and hero play the cat and mouse romance story and who's behind the mask, this took it and just did a fun twist and I've actually come to apprieciate the film for atleast changing the pace with that.
    That got a great reaction in the theatre when I saw it as well. I was like, "finally!"

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    hahaha that made me laugh my ass off. Loved it.

I love GORE!
    Laid back

Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4
    So here's the movies box-office. I wonder if people are getting tired of comic-book movies are movies in general, because there hasn't been one film (yet) to OPEN with over a hundred million dollars. I guess cars 2 will be the first.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/

Everyone comic book movie to open this summer has made in the tens of millions....which is not bad, but for somoene I was expecting more HERE IN AMERICA, not overseas because it's not as shocking.

" A little GORE never hurts anyone"

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Only 17 movies have done that... and none this year where exactly blowing the roof off.

Anyway, just got back and if you take Sinestro/Hammonds out of it, it is fucking terrible. With them it limps in at an OK movie. 5/10

Hello?
    hi guys

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Doh
    Add Get Some on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    10s of millions isnt good when the budget is 200m Plus

cars 2 wont do 100mil opening either. transformers 3 will be the first

Last edited by Get Some; 06-25-2011 at 07:13 PM.

RIP JJ

Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-IKickAssFortheLord
    2-2011 Darkgod

Non Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-Shreds of Flesh
    2-2011 Woodenheart

TV Character Draft Winners
    1-Mudvayne_Eternal

My little DVD collection- http://getsome.dvdaf.com/owned

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Get Some View Post

cars 2 wont do 100mil opening either. transformers 3 will be the first
    Agreed, Cars 2 is the worst rated Pixar film... but it still will make bank. Just not as much as TF3

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Get Some View Post
    The only way that movie cost anywhere near that is if they made the movie once, burned it, then remade it a second time. The VFX weren't that good and 3D conversion isn't that expensive. Someone's hiding a lot of hookers and blow if they're claiming anywhere near $200M.

Avatar is "claiming" $237M and though the real number might be half again more than this who would believe Green Lantern could cost almost as much as Avatar???

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I went in blind and sorta enjoyed it. It lacked in story development for me and just didn't have that right feel for a super hero blockbuster movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12