+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Horror Movie Ideas

I'm not on here to tote out ideas like some big-egoed prick or anything like that. But here goes. I have lots, and I mean LOTS of different horror movie ideas that I've typed out since 2006. Here's a few. Feel free to comment on them or make suggestions or whatever.

"Civil Fear"- During the Civil War, a group of Union soldiers capture 3 Conferate soldiers gone AWOL, with hopes of using them to get behind enemy lines. Unfortunatly, the quickest way to get to them is through a haunted forest inhabitated by a monster-like spirit.

"Jeepers Creepers vs. Pumpkinhead"- A group of cultists following the Creeper's feeding frenzy kill innocent people to feed to it. Some friends who witness their own being slaughtered seek vengeance and conjure Pumpkinhead, resulting in a showdown between the demons.

"Plankton!"- A group of biologists head to a small South Pacific island when they hear about a phenomenon the locals call "The Killing Waters." What they discover is that the island is surrounded by mutated plankton that slowly strip their prey to the bone. When the group becomes stranded, paronoia sets in as they discover the plankton are actually slowly eating away at the already tiny island...

"Armageddon Island"- A slightly heavyset man is the only living thing in post-apocolyptic Los Angeles. One day he picks up a radio frequency from off the coast, so he commanders a yacht and sails to the location, a supposedly-deserted island. But the island is populated with hideously-clawed and fanged mutant humans that he must try to survive against.

"You Touched Her!"- A mysterious man picks off a gang of hooligans one by one after he witnesses them raping and then murdering a blind girl.

"The Terror of Cthulu"- A team of American soldiers are sent after a Middle-Eastern terrorist who is supposedly hiding in Sapin. They don't find any terrorists, but what they do find in this sleepy seaside town is a cult bent on re-awakening the all-powerful being known as Cthulu.

"The Day Zombies Invaded the Tennorman House"- A pair of stoner buddies decide to spend the weekend smoking weed and watching George Romero's zombie movies. Ironically, a nuclear powerplant nearby has a meltdown, killing many people but ressurecting them as zombies. The two decide to rise to the challenge after being proplerly-educated about dealing with the living dead.

That's just a few.

Additionally, throw a few other ideas my way if you have any brewin'.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Titanosaurus; 01-07-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanosaurus View Post
    I'm not on here to tote out ideas like some big-egoed prick or anything like that. But here goes. I have lots, and I mean LOTS of different horror movie ideas that I've typed out since 2006. Here's a few. Feel free to comment on them or make suggestions or whatever.

"Civil Fear"- During the Civil War, a group of Union soldiers capture 3 Conferate soldiers gone AWOL, with hopes of using them to get behind enemy lines. Unfortunatly, the quickest way to get to them is through a haunted forest inhabitated by a monster-like spirit.
    Already done, to a point by Billy Bob THornton in Grey Knight. Good flick btw.

"Jeepers Creepers vs. Pumpkinhead"- A group of cultists following the Creeper's feeding frenzy kill innocent people to feed to it. Some friends who witness their own being slaughtered seek vengeance and conjure Pumpkinhead, resulting in a showdown between the demons.
    Jeepers Creepers is one of the worst franchises ever, and Pumpkinhead is a pretty obscure franchise, mostly moving toward the Sci Fi channel approach now. It is also kind of pointles to pursue without Lance Henriksen involved, since he died already in the franchise. There are a ton of better versus options to pursue before this.
    "Plankton!"- A group of biologists head to a small South Pacific island when they hear about a phenomenon the locals call "The Killing Waters." What they discover is that the island is surrounded by mutated plankton that slowly strip their prey to the bone. When the group becomes stranded, paronoia sets in as they discover the plankton are actually slowly eating away at the already tiny island...
    Better, but sounds like an approach to a creature flick like Frogs was. Those have pretty much been done to death since the seventies

"Armageddon Island"- A slightly heavyset man is the only living thing in post-apocolyptic Los Angeles. One day he picks up a radio frequency from off the coast, so he commanders a yacht and sails to the location, a supposedly-deserted island. But the island is populated with hideously-clawed and fanged mutant humans that he must try to survive against.
    Why doesn't he get back on the yacht? Also, if he is heavy set, it is like leaving the goat for the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. Kind of seems a bit ridiculous

"You Touched Her!"- A mysterious man picks off a gang of hooligans one by one after he witnesses them raping and then murdering a blind girl.
    Hellen Keller meets Last House on the Left?

"The Terror of Cthulu"- A team of American soldiers are sent after a Middle-Eastern terrorist who is supposedly hiding in Sapin. They don't find any terrorists, but what they do find in this sleepy seaside town is a cult bent on re-awakening the all-powerful being known as Cthulu.
    Being an H.P. Lovecraft fan, this actually piqued my interest, until I read the synopsis, then it just sounded like a version of the original Wickerman.

"The Day Zombies Invaded the Tennorman House"- A pair of stoner buddies decide to spend the weekend smoking weed and watching George Romero's zombie movies. Ironically, a nuclear powerplant nearby has a meltdown, killing many people but ressurecting them as zombies. The two decide to rise to the challenge after being proplerly-educated about dealing with the living dead.
    I absolutely love stoner comedies. Nothing better... but a meltdown? this would have worked in the 50's, before we were knowledgeable about the effects of nuclear radiation, but I think the episode of Family Guy where the Griffins become super heroes says it best about nuclear radiation

That's just a few.

Additionally, throw a few other ideas my way if you have any brewin'.
    Hope this helps a bit, but in the end, almost everything has been done before, and before you hone in on good character development/script writing, try to find something not just cool to you, but something others will find intriguing as well.

"Obliterate the screams of the weak
    Who needs a god when you've got Satan
    No god to offer this forgiveness
    No god to punish for these sins
    Tormented for the prize of salvation
    Broken loyalty to life after death"

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5
    I have one called Omnivwar. It has several Gorilla's of some sort that are being transported by abbusive owners, eventully break free while being transported and start to terrorize local campers. The campers flee into a closed off area fo the woods as it's mating season for Bears and and they tend to be hostile.

So pretty much yeah, it's Savage Gorillas vs Angry Bears, hence the name Omnivwar. I don't want to hear a damn thing about originality or lameness, it's meant to be b-movie like story.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Wow, ok. I think that Titanosaurus was looking for critiquing. Do I detect some gothic cynicism in your post Aurone? Grizzly Park meets Congo huh?

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Plankton!!!

I'd love to see this done.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by levil666 View Post
    Grizzly Park meets Congo huh?
    Grizzly Park is part of it. However, the Gorilla part was more influenced by the several Circus Elephant Incidents where after the all the abuss by trainers to get them right, the snape and go crazy. There's no question another animal would be the same. I just put it snapping and having it come across another that's dangerous.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Wow, ok. I think that Titanosaurus was looking for critiquing. Do I detect some gothic cynicism in your post Aurone? Grizzly Park meets Congo huh?

Don't worry about it. It's okay. We're all, ah forget it. :shakehead

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Hope this helps a bit, but in the end, almost everything has been done before, and before you hone in on good character development/script writing, try to find something not just cool to you, but something others will find intriguing as well.

Okay, I can take it all. But,

- I was inspired by Grey Knight, but I wanted more of a ghost/monster mix. Also, I'm envisioning an odd espionage feel to it. There won't be any battle scenes it.

- I mostly like this "JVP" idea for a few reasons. One, both creatures are owned by the same company (United Artists), so this movie would be easy. Two, the Jeepers Creepers films are well known and will make money, regardless of how bad they are. Third, it introduces folks to a new creature and allows already-existing fans to have one of their favorite creatures more time to shine.

- This would be similar to the 70's egological terror movies, but I envision it with a very unhappy depressing feel with an intense atmosphere of paranoia, akin to the intensity seen in Night of the Living Dead (1968) or The Hills Have Eyes (2006). It WILL have a very unhappy ending!

- Well, the mutants have him stranded on the island. He can't get back to the yacht without getting killed. Also, I said he's slighty heavyweight. I just want a more atypical character, not one of those glamoured-up Hollywood prettyboys.

- Not exactly Last House on the Left. More of just a "10 Little Indians" kind of deal where the stranger knocks these punks off in various gruseome fashions over the course of the next 2 or 3 days.

- I'll admit, I don't know much about Lovecraft so I'm not sure how to appeal to the masses on this one. I just though it would make a different kind of action/horror movie that might be good if done right.

- Again, I'll admit the meltdown aspect was a bit of a copout. But I think it's an idea that will appeal to lots of people; stoner comedies are popular and zombie movies are popular. I envision it as Night of the Living Dead meets Harold and Kumar.

So, yeah. Over and out.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurone View Post
    Grizzly Park is part of it. However, the Gorilla part was more influenced by the several Circus Elephant Incidents where after the all the abuss by trainers to get them right, the snape and go crazy. There's no question another animal would be the same. I just put it snapping and having it come across another that's dangerous.
    Nice... anything that was inspired by Grizzly Park would definitely get me to view it. I actually like the premise Aurone, animal v.s animal, with silly humans trying to survive. It would be a fun watch.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    I agree. Bear vs Gorillas. I'd be all over it, especially if the critters weren't CGI.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Word, just like Grizzly Park (CGI is lame)... onto another note, just wanted to say a couple of things about your post Titan.
    -I didn't realize PH and the Creeper were UA. Never noticed, but good to know.
    -I agree about wanting more from Grey Knight
    -Plankton is starting to sound more and more like pirahana
    -CHECK OUT H.P. LOVECRAFT!!! Seriously, without him, people like Clive Barker would not exist. Also, read up on him as well, he just "vanished" and no one really knows what happened to him.

Hopefully with likes of us on UHM, horror is not doomed to suck or lose credibility in America as it has since the early nineties (with limited exceptions from the U.S.A.) What can I say, horror has just seemed to go over sees, like our jobs...l

Last edited by levil666; 01-12-2009 at 05:56 PM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Word, just like Grizzly Park (CGI is lame)... onto another note, just wanted to say a couple of things about your post Titan.
    -I didn't realize PH and the Creeper were UA. Never noticed, but good to know.
    -I agree about wanting more from Grey Knight
    -Plankton is starting to sound more and more like pirahana
    -CHECK OUT H.P. LOVECRAFT!!! Seriously, without him, people like Clive Barker would not exist. Also, read up on him as well, he just "vanished" and no one really knows what happened to him.

Hopefully with likes of us on UHM, horror is not doomed to suck or lose credibility in America as it has since the early nineties (with limited exceptions from the U.S.A.) What can I say, horror has just seemed to go over sees, like our jobs...l
    Hmmm, it does sound like Piranha. Never though of that. Oh well, I'm sure you're right. If people like us could get what we need and get out there, I'm sure we could save horror from pointless prequels, rancid remakes, shitty sequels, and overly-recycled concepts. Let's rock!

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanosaurus View Post
    I'm sure we could save horror from pointless prequels, rancid remakes, shitty sequels, and overly-recycled concepts. Let's rock!
    Well put, nice aliteration.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Thank you.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    A lot of people (friends and family, mostly) have been telling "oh those ideas are good, you should send them to someone." Of course I'm just paraphrasing, but I want to develope the stories more, maybe even turn them into all-out screenplays. But I don't know how to make screenplays, and even if I did, who the hell would I send them to and how?! I don't know anyone! I don't have connections! What do you guys think?

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    the stoner one is sweet :thumbup3:

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy "Tbagz" Ralph View Post
    the stoner one is sweet :thumbup3:
    Thanks!

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-17-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Add buffyslayedme717 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    There's potential in some of your ideas, but they're ideas that no distributor would touch unfortunately. If you ever want to turn one of your ideas into a movie try being as mainstream as possible...to start off with that is. After a few semi-generic movies a distributor is more likely to take a chance on something a little more edgy.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-12-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Best way to start with these is to write up full treatments for them all. Write down, in detail, what's going to happen in the film, scene by scene, the key moments, the big plot change/twists e.t.c. Then you can work from there as you'll have your entire film written down and it's just about finding a way to place it into a script.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-13-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Titanosaurus, you have some potentially good ideas right there, I wonder if you've wrote any treatments/screenplay for since 2008? Im a VFX and digital artist and Im looking into directing my first feature and Im also looking for ideas, I think your ideas have good potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast