Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Confused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Crossed: The movie

Is there any news about it? Its been on talks, and Garth Ennis has said to be writing the screenplay for it a long time ago. Couldn't find it in UHM-database, so this might be worth adding, I hope.

For those who don't know what Crossed is, its a zombie-apocalypse comic with zombies being replaced by sick sadistic serial-raping and murdering perverts, who can be easily distinguished from the non-infected by a rash on their face shaped like a cross. Its easily the most disgusting and disturbing american mainstream comic currently on the market, so I wonder how much of its stuff can be put on a movie until US's sensitive PG-raters deem it unwatchable. For example, theres a scene in Crossedsychopath with 4 infected eating a deer's carcass, while the 4th one is sodomising a vulture. They end their feast with a gory homosexual orgy, one of them ripping off the penis of the one screwing him.

Personally I find the premise very interesting. Because you really don't want to be caught alive by the infected in the world of Crossed. Otherwise they will rape you, skin you alive and eat you, and not always in that order.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MEITTI; 12-05-2011 at 07:00 AM.

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch
    I enjoyed the comic, but considering the absolutely hard-edge content of the comic, I can't see a movie doing it justice.

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    It was announced back in 2012 at NYCC, Garth Ennis and Avatar pressed announced it at a panel they were going to make live-action webisodes that would lead into a feature film.

So far this video posted in 2014 is the only piece of recent news, and it's just Ennis talking about promising it will be brutal, though not too excessively gory, wanting to stick to the original source material as possible, sounds like it'll be fun.

An animated series would be more doable, you can get away with a lot more excessive and even X-rated material with animation than you could ever get with live action.

Either way I'm up for a Crossed film!

Last edited by Toby; 01-27-2016 at 03:42 AM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

+ Reply to Thread