Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

(Korea) Blind (2011)

Just finished this new South Korean crime/thriller and I thought it was pretty good. The story isn't exactly new, but it's interesting none-the-less.

A young woman is reported missing after a hit and run, and the police are faced with an unlikely witness: a visually impaired woman. Soo Ah (Kim Ha Neul), who was a police academy student before losing her eyesight, believes that the culprit is a taxi driver that picked her up the night of the crime. Though the police are skeptical at first, Soo Ah's acute senses and detailed observations present a convincing case. As more victims are claimed, a second witness, teenaged delivery boy Ki Sub (Yoo Seung Ho), turns up and offers a conflicting account. With her own life in threat, Soo Ah determinedly sets out to solve the mystery.
    Not exactly original, but using a blind person as a witness is still a pretty cool concept, especially given that she is able to provide clues about what she heard and smelled during the incident. We follow along as these minor clues eventually help determine the potential criminal.

There's a really well done chase sequence involving the blind woman and the killer at one point in the film. The woman was using some sort of video conference on her phone as her friend was directing her where to go while the killer was chasing her down. Pretty tense and well done scene. There are other scenes I liked, but that was definitely my fav.

The movie also delivers some good character development as we grow to really care for the woman, especially in the beginning, while watching her struggle with her impairment. Naturally there are some minor plot-holes here and there, but they aren't big enough to really distract the viewer.

Overall, I enjoyed the pic. It was interesting from the start and offered some fairly tense scenes. Worth a check if you're lookin' for a new Korean thriller. 7/10

http://imdb.com/title/tt2025506/
    http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Blind.php

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM's Horror DVD Informant
    UHM's Biggest Fuck Up.

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Follow xxsic4slipknotxx On Twitter Add xxsic4slipknotxx on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    Ah Korean cinema, how you pretty much don't fail to disappoint! I'll be checking this out!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"In Heaven, Everything is Fine" ~ Eraserhead

~ Let The Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)

My Collection!

Be My Netflix Friend:
    http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/P9vLvHRtq4eIQLWoXbtg

+ Reply to Thread