Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Follow HEKTIK15 On Twitter Add HEKTIK15 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1
    Overall it was decent , as a remake it was meh.......the gore was fantastic but as a movie itself is where I enjoyed it , I'll buy it when it hits the $5 bin at Walmart

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First time my knife touched skin
    And the red blood started flowing so quick I just couldn't quit
    Kept stabbing until everything that I seen was red
    The pillow, the blankets, the walls, and even the bed
    One color dominating everything like contemporary art
    Am I the killer or artist with bloody heart?
    Then I curled into a ball in the corner of the room
    Feeling like a creep in the light of the moon

"Congrats to GetSome for Winning UHM Fantasy Basketball"

UHM's Horror DVD Informant
    UHM's Biggest Fuck Up.

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Follow xxsic4slipknotxx On Twitter Add xxsic4slipknotxx on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    I saw this today. I had an open mind going into it. However, I just thought it was merely OK. The gore was pretty much the only thing that kept me from turning it off. The acting wasn't great, especially the lines offered by our demons. Just made me cringe too much to laugh at how ridiculous it was. I think the one thing that ticked me off most is using the original movie's audio for a few seconds in the movie. Once during the possessed Mia scene (they used the possessed Shelley's voice from the original) and once during one of the Book Of The Dead scenes (they used the Doctor's voice for a few seconds from the original). I just think that's really tacky and lazy.

Last edited by xxsic4slipknotxx; 10-04-2013 at 10:56 PM.

"In Heaven, Everything is Fine" ~ Eraserhead

~ Let The Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)

My Collection!

Be My Netflix Friend:
    http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/P9vLvHRtq4eIQLWoXbtg

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by xxsic4slipknotxx View Post
    I saw this today. I had an open mind going into it. However, I just thought it was merely OK. The gore was pretty much the only thing that kept me from turning it off. The acting wasn't great, especially the lines offered by our demons. Just made me cringe too much to laugh at how ridiculous it was. I think the one thing that ticked me off most is using the original movie's audio for a few seconds in the movie. Once during the possessed Mia scene (they used the possessed Shelley's voice from the original) and once during one of the Book Of The Dead scenes (they used the Doctor's voice for a few seconds from the original). I just think that's really tacky and lazy.
    A whole lot of this ^^^

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Agreed. Big disappointment. Big failure at trying to add depth to the characters for reasons that don't make them more likable, relatable or pay off in any relevant way by the end of the remake.

I wasn't surprised to find out this was pretty much all the work of Raimi's New Zealand TV crew that made his cheap fantasy shows in the '90s. Lack of expensive crew, talent, location, effects, etc. makes this film a trip to the ATM for the producers who likely took a big fee off the top of its ridiculous budget, for what ended up being made. It was a payday. Hopefully Bruce finally got some of it.

The blood was that greasy, brown stuff that doesn't actually look like blood. The end chainsaw scene was goofy for how poorly done it was, rag-dolling all over the place because it obviously had no articulated skeletal structure, no muscle, nothing but a rubber shell with mass nowhere near that of a real body. I can abide that level of work in something lighter, but this was hyped as a seriously scary, serious horror film. It wasn't. They didn't have in them to pull that off beyond '90s TV drama level.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124
    I thought this movie was awesome! I loved the hell out of it. Lots of great gore effects, fast paced and it just kept getting crazier the longer it went on. Wasn't very scary though but it was loads of fun to watch

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    sequel is not in the works anymore, well by the original people

Things are getting goofy in the Evil Dead world. While most people I know disliked the remake, it made enough money to warrant a sequel. And things seemed to be going well with its development, too. There was even talk of it somehow dovetailing into the original Sam Raimi Evil Dead narrative, which, while risky, might have been an experiment worth watching.

But now in an interview with Gorosito.TV, Sayagues claims he and Alvarez are off the film completely:

Look, I am sorry to tell you this but that movie won’t happen. Evil Dead 2 is not going to happen, at least not with us involved. We left that project many months ago because we preferred to put our energies on other things. I don’t know if the producers still have intentions of making it. But what I can tell you is that we are not part of that project.

Meanwhile, there's somehow going to be an Army of Darkness 2 directed by Sam Raimi. I have such a hard time believing this, but I guess it's really going forward. So there you go: Instead of a sequel to a film that disappointed many, we're getting another mischievous Sam Raimi movie starring Bruce Campbell. The Evil Dead world really is a strange planet where anything can happen.
    http://badassdigest.com/2013/10/30/f...-dead-2-adieu/

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    The remake is OK...at best. It still bugs me to no end that she sliced her tongue in half but after she is freed of the demon it is perfectly fine...in fact not a scratch on her!

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1021222324252627282930