Yeehaw
    Add Dexter on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag jambodexter

Resident Evil - Retribution

Just watched the trailer and it looks interesting, if not a little samey, HOWEVER, I also just noticed that Michelle Rodriguez () is in it as well.

Wasn't she in the original, and turned before getting mullered by Alice ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Scotsman
    In the kingdom of glass
    everything is transparent, and
    there is no place to hide a
    dark heart

Status
    Last Online
    11-09-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Add Dexter on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag jambodexter

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Word is that she's a clone. Supposedly more characters are returning as well.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Daring
    Thumbs Up
    Have to say I have liked the Resident Evil movies. Not so happy with the last movie with the deaths of all the Alice clones in less than 10 minutes into the movie.

Did have a fantasy about the Alice clones, like if they turned on each other, it would be different as a role play game or as part of a movie – but that is not in the works as they are all dead after a few minutes.

Not so sure with the next movie. Sure at the end of the movie there was this busted woman with guns to her side like Alice. That could be interesting. Still, not sure how far this movie can keep going on.

Baby can you dig your man?
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It's a pretty cool franchise. The first flick is still my favorite by far, but if they keep pumping them out i'll keep shelling out the green.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    The films just keep getting worse and worse, in my opinion.

Baby can you dig your man?
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Fo sho.
    I still watch em though. Kind of like a car wreck. You know what your gonna see, but have to see it anyway.
    Really can't see the franchise getting any better either. It's all rehashes of the same tired formula, but quality vegetation entertainment anyway. A few of the best movies i've seen here and there have come from a general laziness to get up and get the remote. Don't think this'll be one of them,

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Daring
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Pax ~ View Post
    Fo sho.
    I still watch em though. Kind of like a car wreck. You know what your gonna see, but have to see it anyway.
    Really can't see the franchise getting any better either. It's all rehashes of the same tired formula, but quality vegetation entertainment anyway. A few of the best movies i've seen here and there have come from a general laziness to get up and get the remote. Don't think this'll be one of them,
    True! But the movies are more for the age group of 16 - 30 age group. Sure, they do it over and over again. I am more upset that the Alice clones were killed off. Anyway, when they did have the Alice clones it just looked poor. Loved to see them interact with each other. Not really as all have to be killed.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    FUUUUUCCKKK!!!! LOOK AT THIS SHIT!!!! LOOK AT THIS SHIT!!! FUCK THESE MOVIES!! FUCK'EM!! FUCKITALL!!!! FUCKINPAULWSANDERSON!!! FUCKINGFUUCCCKK!!!!!!!.......

...-deep breath...deep breath-

Sorry, I just came across this thread talking about these pieceofshit movies they keep making based off the first horror game series I grew up with before Silent Hill took the mantle and before Capcom turned into a prostituting powerhouse of Japanese businessmen that would rather blow their brains out than give series like this the fantastically awesome-scary charm it once had...and forgive me if you thought that was a "racist-asians-committing-suicide" comment and I never meant it to be that way, but you can understand what it is I deliberately, nay, FUCKING HAAAATE!!!!! about these movies in general.

You want to know what the worst part about this is? Well, I can here to see everyone share the same hatred for these movies, but instead the feedback was "this franchise is awesome!" or "yeah, looking forward to this fo sho!"...

WHY!?

Okay, let me start by saying, yes I'm one of those die-hard fans of the video games, yes I hate the fact that they have to "get with the times" and have to turn into braindead shooter games that only give you so much satisfaction within the first few hours of playing it before you go into "what else is there to play instead?"-mode. BUT..BUT...But, but, but...I love movies as well, and to be very fair here with everyone I humbley and undeniably agree that movies should take the original source material of said book, comic, video game, etc and do something GOOD with it and DIFFERENT.

I understand that full heartly. So what's wrong with this franchise in particular? Paul W. S. Anderson. He claims to be a fan of the games, which I suppose he is but if he ever was why is that these movies are given high overdoses of STUPIDITY in them? It's not even that "so-fun-it's-stupid" kind. This is that "Wow, they totally waste tons of money and film making this piece of shit it's not even funny" kind.

I know these movies have absolutely nothing to do with the video games, but does that make these movies want most of the audiences to go out and buy and play the original games to get into the loving nostalgia we fans get into all the time and love praising so much from the good-ol' days? No. Not even close. And Capcom seems to be catching onto that as well, as the movies crank out there's people that claim these movies are BETTER than the video games. I shit you not.

I've seen these movies, all of them. They're dull, they're stupid, they're annoyingly bad like a Michael Bay movie, even the effects don't draw me in as being "Oooohhhh that's so pretty to look at!", they get so tired I try to ask what's the point of this movie even existing? Why should I bother with this movie if it doesn't bother with me?

I'm just one voice, of course, but I really, really, REALLY hate it when there's people who waste money to see the worst Uwe Boll effects on screen...why do people really pay to watch this shit? Just seeing a bad back-flip-in-motion-wire act for no reason and just delivering bad lines for the hell of it? Why do people think these movies are entertaining? THEY'RE NOT! Sucker Punch had more potential than this franchise combined! Goddamn it!!....

Thanks for reading.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

The Unbreakable
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-10-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Calm down there Toby. Tastes vary. I'm not a fan of the Resident Evil movie series, but I'm not about to bust a blood vessel because someone else is.

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Yep barely worth watching for free. They have nothing to do with the games so whats the point.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    Another one? I didn't watch the last one. One was good but after that the rest were just ok. I do like Michelle Rodriguez though glad she's back.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumstick View Post
    Calm down there Toby. Tastes vary. I'm not a fan of the Resident Evil movie series, but I'm not about to bust a blood vessel because someone else is.
    AAAHHHHH!!!FUCKINMOTHAFUCKINAAAHHHH!!!!JHFFHDLHFLAIUHFO UEHEFDH!!!!!!!!!FFFJHDFWEFRHWGFKAJSFHAWKJERHFLAWUIEOHWF AEJ!!!!!...

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I'll see it on cable.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Daring
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedNik View Post
    Another one? I didn't watch the last one. One was good but after that the rest were just ok. I do like Michelle Rodriguez though glad she's back.
    I do like Michelle Rodriguez. She is really good at her craft. She was great in the last horro/sci-fi movie dealing with alians from space. Think it was the first movie that she was not killed. her best work was in the movie Avatar. What was her best line "You are not the only bitch with a gun" Not sure what she is going to do in this movie. Hope not to be killed again.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    I dunno what to make of the movie franchise anymore other than it being the Mila chronicles with bits and pieces of RE villains thrown in to satisfy slapping the title on the movies.

The movie franchise doesn't nor did it ever once have the survival horror aspect down pat from the earlier Resident Evil games nor does it have the slick action element that the newer Resident Evil games have. Its like a big unbelievable ball of batshit CGI courtesy of Paul Anderson.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

To me its all over when Capcom decides to incorporate the Alice character into the main blood line of the game franchise.

Then and only then will it be over for me. As it is now I enjoy pretty much all of the main entries on some levels over others except for Resident Evil 5 in the game franchise.

Capcom also had a second CGI canon Resident Evil movie in the works starring Leon again but that was back in 2010 for the first trailer. Since then nothing has been whispered once by Capcom. Im guessing whatever it is is supposed to tie into RE6. I'm thinking its going to show us when Chris/Leon first met and the rumored demise of Claire or Jill.

Last edited by Red; 04-16-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Daring
    Thumbs Up
    It would be interesting if the Alice clones were to fight each other. That would be different. Still, like most say, it is just reruns of the same movies of the past. Maybe they should start from the start. It was Alice and her so called husband that wanted to steal the virus in the first place. Thought would help with some of the answers but i do not see that going to happen as well.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-20-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    still waiting on a true adaption where Leon is trapped in the police station
    pt 4 (village & castle) & 5 (Africa) would be nice too

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Daring
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mangina View Post
    still waiting on a true adaption where Leon is trapped in the police station
    pt 4 (village & castle) & 5 (Africa) would be nice too
    interesting

Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 74
    I just want to see Mila naked. For some reason, she is particularly hot in these movies. Especially the first one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast