Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

Darkgod reviews The Redsin Tower

The Redsin Tower(2006)
    Director: Fred Vogel
    Writer: Fred Vogel, Shelby Jackson

The Story: A young man, recently dumped tries to find his now ex-girlfriend as she tries to get to a party. He calls the cops and has the party raided, so she ends up going to drink at the suposedly evil "Redsin Tower"

Gore: There isn't as much gore as can be found in August Underground, but when there is gore it is plentiful and visceral, a couple killings, demonic birth and bleeding from lady parts are all on display. This does make the movie easily watchable for a mainstream fan, because they're not focusing on the blood/gore but more on the story and scares.

Cinematography: Au is in the vein of the found footage movie, so Redsin Tower is def. the opposite. It is more linear of a story, and more basic cinematography, and there is nothing that stands out as being cutting edge or unique. For the limited funds, Toe Tag was smart enough to not attempt anything off the wall and keep it in the realm of reality.

Storyline: The story is actually two storys in one... on one hand you have your basic teens going to party in an abondoned place and end up waking something evil... and on the other hand you have a psycho ex stalking his ex, and planning on showing her she still loves him. Think Fear meets Night of the Demons, but on a much lower budget.

Acting: Straight up, no one can act in this movie. Now they aren't the worst acting jobs I have ever seen, but they can give them a run for their money. The best part about it, is Vogel himself exits the movie soon and we don't have to subject ourselves to him

My Thoughts
    I like the fact that Toe Tag tries to make a more traditional movie here, and forgo the shock and gore of AU. To me, I'll give a director or movie more of a chance if they show they are trying to actually make something instead of using the gimmick of gore/shock to get you to watch. And once you do watch you soon realized there is nothing to keep you there. I appreicate the attempt at a movie, but also realized this is nowhere near a good movie. The storyline itself if a pretty decent one, and if done with a bigger budget and people who could act, it could have been a pretty good movie. You have to choose who is the worst evil, the Demon/Monster/Ghost of redsin's Tower, or the ex boyfriend who will do anything to prove his ex still loves him. The gore, to me isn't overdone, and is actually decent, and doesn't overshadow the movie or story.

4.5/10

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50
    Nice review. Believe this is getting re-released later this year, cannot wait

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread