Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2
    I'm more excited for Knock Knock. At least the bitches get naked. It fascinates me that guys like Tarantino and Roth think that they can rip off old movies and pretend nothing happened. Then when they get called out for their crap they call it an "homage" . It's 2015, I just google the plot of your movie and and an obscure 60's or 70's movie pops up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Once I was normal among the sheep.Now I'm immortal, in the night I creep.

I run an mma blog,check it out
    armbarsmmaworld.blogspot.com

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    A thumbs down, I see someone doesn't agree with me. I'm guessing a Quentin Tarantino fan?

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Yep.. because your comment is so broad strokes. Pulp fiction, Kill Bill, Django, Inglorious bastards, reservoir dogs, Jackie Brown... which one of those was a rip off? Does he have scenes that are homages? Yes. But he usually points out in interviews what movies inspired him to include that scene.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Yep.. because your comment is so broad strokes. Pulp fiction, Kill Bill, Django, Inglorious bastards, reservoir dogs, Jackie Brown... which one of those was a rip off? Does he have scenes that are homages? Yes. But he usually points out in interviews what movies inspired him to include that scene.
    Not disagreeing with you DG but if memory servers Django and Inglorious bastards are remakes. Reservoir Dogs has come under serious fire for ripping off City on Fire.

Last edited by Primetimeloser; 07-15-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    * First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Django is only in name. Franco Nero(who is the guy in the bar in Qts Django is the original one.). It had nothing to do with slaves or plantations.

Basterds is also in name only. Well that and Nazis.

As for City on fire. I never seen it, but reading on people say it is an inspiration to him but inwould have to see it to figure it out.

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Fair enough just pointing out how some could consider that him ripping people off.

Last edited by Primetimeloser; 07-15-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    * First time watch

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I don't think Tarantino is a rip off (I actually love all of his flicks) but Roth is certainly WAY overrated. His movies are poop. Factor in at one point he was dubbed as "The Savior of Horror" makes it simply laughable.

Last edited by Macready; 07-15-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    I guess I was a bit to harsh in my statement. Let's try this again. I'm a fan of both guys. Tarantino and Roth. Loved the shit out of Hostel(even enjoyed the shitty sequels) and Cabin Fever and don't even get me started on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs or even four rooms. Love it, love it love it. BUT....the quality(or should I say, originality) of their movies quickly started to go down as their mainstream fame went up. Roth' Aftershock was such a wasted opportunity and I'm still waiting on Tarantino to amaze me with something original. Kill Bill was like 20 different movies rolled into one, Inglorious didn't live up to the expectations(the trailers were very misleading) and I've yet to see Django Unchained(although I hear great things about it).

Now, both of these guys are the biggest obscure movie trivia buffs on the planet(I've seen Roth's top 10 movies and brotha is obscure as obscure gets) and they both draw inspiration from 70's and 80's cinema. So much in fact that some of their movies are straight up rip offs(intentional or unintentional) of other movies. These guys love their old horror movies and love drawing heavy inspiration from them. Which is fine to a certain degree, but doing it for a career? I don't think so.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    What sets Tarantino apart is his amazing skill of writing, even in movies he did not direct like True Romance. The dialogue in that flick is a huge part of what makes it so amazing. The whole Hopper/Walken scene is a good 10 minutes of just dialogue and it is edge of your seat, not wanting the exchange to end type of shit. Of course the actors he has pulling this off are always top-notch but he could have nobody's in there doing this and still have it be a memorable scene. Pulp Fiction is full of scenes like this, from the Royale With Cheese conversation to the conversation at the end in the diner. Nobody, can create scenes long scenes of just dialogue and have it be as incredible as Tarantino can.

Roth though

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I'm more excited for Knock Knock. At least the bitches get naked. It fascinates me that guys like Tarantino and Roth think that they can rip off old movies and pretend nothing happened. Then when they get called out for their crap they call it an "homage" . It's 2015, I just google the plot of your movie and and an obscure 60's or 70's movie pops up.
    Dont forget about those other two Yoga Hosers. Robert"I'm edgy" Rodriguez.:borracho: and Kevin "I'm bigger than Hollywood "Smith.

Last edited by hacknslash; 07-25-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    I like Smith's movies. Dogma is cool as fuck, love everything Jay and Silent Bob related and Clerks were fun. Atlough I'll never forgive him for making Tusk. Rodriguez is also cool in my book. Machete, Desperado, Dusk till' Dawn. Those movies have infinite re watch value. Altough, yeah I'll agree. They do have a chip on their shoulder with their attitudes.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    The internet is full of stupid people. I replied to a Movie Pilot post about this flick on Facebook saying it is almost 3 years old and is crap and got ripped apart. "How could it be 3 years old if it is being released now?" "No way this is 3 years old, no way you could have seen it." And my favorite "Fuck you, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about."

The last one I replied to. "Since you obviously took no time to even bother checking when this movie was made I see you also have top-notch communication skills. Perhaps next time instead of feeling as though someone else's comments ass raped you, you should do some research at the very least before making yourself look stupid. Nice shirtless profile pic by the way...very intimidating."

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Dumb people are going to be dumb

* First time watch

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Previews look good, but they also look a lot like any of those cannibal films of the 70's & 80's.........not sure that's what it is, but it definitely looks along those lines......kinda says something when a film doesn't get released after being on the shelf 2 - 3 years after completion..........ooooooooooo scary

OK went to IMDB and found out that Cannibal Holocaust inspired Roth to become a director...........ok now I have a reason to HATE Deodato

Last edited by Necromancer; 09-18-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Previews look good, but they also look a lot like any of those cannibal films of the 70's & 80's.........not sure that's what it is, but it definitely looks along those lines......kinda says something when a film doesn't get released after being on the shelf 2 - 3 years after completion..........ooooooooooo scary

OK went to IMDB and found out that Cannibal Holocaust inspired Roth to become a director...........ok now I have a reason to HATE Deodato
    What is funny, someone looking like they are affiliated with the movie in some way replied this morning and said I was correct about it being shelved for 2 years (but can't say if it is crap or not...go figure) but it was due to financial reasons. Now I don't know how all that works but somehow that doesn't make any sense. How can you have a completed movie sitting on the shelf and just not releasing it due to financial reasons? I would think you would want to release it so you can possibly make some money?

Comments like I received for my thoughts are 100% the reason I very rarely comment on anything outside of on here. The general population are a bunch of dumb asses and comment with no thought or intelligence at all.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    My thoughts exactly on a film being shelved for 2 years.......the huge expenses are done and over......I'd think if it was any good someone would have been dying to fork over whatever it would cost for distribution knowing full well they'd get their investment back with interest. But on the same note the same people that financed The Visit are also the ones who financed this........hmmmm. I can see I'm probably gonna talk myself into watching it one way or the other

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    The way I see it is anyone who says they like it is on the gore and the fact it is a cannibal flick. If you factor in everything involving it being a true movie it is fairly terrible. Funny though how many people throw the word cliche around when it comes to not liking films will ignore the fact this movie is bursting at the seams with cliche's (especially the main characters, AKA "The Food") but will still consider it good. And why throw humor into it? Roth just can't help himself with that shit, the same way RZ can't help to keep trying to write scripts. To each their own though, if people prefer gore over substance...power to 'em.

Anytime this flick comes up the first thing I think of are the terrible CGI ants. I don't think that should be the thing that stands out.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    What is funny, someone looking like they are affiliated with the movie in some way replied this morning and said I was correct about it being shelved for 2 years (but can't say if it is crap or not...go figure) but it was due to financial reasons. Now I don't know how all that works but somehow that doesn't make any sense. How can you have a completed movie sitting on the shelf and just not releasing it due to financial reasons? I would think you would want to release it so you can possibly make some money?

Comments like I received for my thoughts are 100% the reason I very rarely comment on anything outside of on here. The general population are a bunch of dumb asses and comment with no thought or intelligence at all.
    Also the same reason why I never comment on public stuff, plus I find that there's usually someone else that has already said what I wanted to say.

Anyway, according to the film's wiki page the production company ran into financial problems at one point or another, which resulted in the distributor (at the time) to pull out. That explains the release date change from Sept 2014 to 2015. Universal eventually picked it up for distribution. My guess is maybe there was still stuff needed to be done in post, but with money woes the distributor got cold feet perhaps? I dunno.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    My guess is maybe there was still stuff needed to be done in post.
    Unless it was to eliminate or fix the CGI ants, jaguar, jungle, and plane crash effects it isn't worth it!

They would really be better off dumping this to VOD...that's where it belongs. It is as bad as Aftershock

Last edited by Macready; 09-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134