Last Online
    10-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Follow SatManUK On Twitter Add SatManUK on Facebook Add SatManUK on Google+
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    never mind I didn't check the date - I guess its already released and I will look out for it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    They can't be that stupid and naive though spending millions on advertisements, something they would not have done if it was on VOD instead of theatrical release. It was shelved for financial reasons to begin with so why waste all that money? They knew they were going against a kids movie that was more than likely going to dominate the BO, and it did plus other quality movies already out there.
    Because they can sell a catsup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves?
    .... because.... they can?
    We're talking about the same people who ran the Paranormal Activity campaign they did, on a bet. Not because they wanted it to sell and make money... no, a bet. They were willing to spend millions upon millions on that first campaign to settle a personal bet.. where one person basically said he could sell any old trash to the audience and they would love it and thank him for it..... and he won.

Roth's name with some advertising with being a slower time for movies in theaters, is as good enough reason as any.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 10-01-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Because they can sell a catsup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves?
    .... because.... they can?
    We're talking about the same people who ran the Paranormal Activity campaign they did, on a bet. Not because they wanted it to sell and make money... no, a bet. They were willing to spend millions upon millions on that first campaign to settle a personal bet.. where one person basically said he could sell any old trash to the audience and they would love it and thank him for it..... and he won.

Roth's name with some advertising with being a slower time for movies in theaters, is as good enough reason as any.
    But like I said they did a horrible job doing their homework going against quality films already out and still doing well and a huge kids movie releasing the same day. To me it shows they just wanted to dump it at this point but made the wrong decision and wasted even more money.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    But like I said they did a horrible job doing their homework going against quality films already out and still doing well and a huge kids movie releasing the same day. To me it shows they just wanted to dump it at this point but made the wrong decision and wasted even more money.
    Outside of the Martian and Hotel Transylvania 2, there's not a whole lot out right now. Just a bunch of filler movies and this will be one for the horror category.
    Im willing to bet theyll make money off it. They'll catch the early Halloween crowd that recognizes Eli's name.... i think you're really overestimating the quality of consumerism. Trailer that makes it look semi-interesting, Eli's name, people spending 25 bucks a head friday and saturday night near Halloween..... The fucking Maze Runner 2 is in theaters right now and making money, this will do fantastic and financially, the movie has already taken its hits, they did this on the cheap.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 10-01-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    It barely made the top 10 opening weekend, this coming weekend once Monday gets here it wont even be in the top 15. It barely made 3 million opening weekend! That doesn't even cover the advertising. The film budget on IMDB is listed at 6 million. If it makes the money back it will be once it hits Blu Ray. No way it will hit 6 million out in theaters.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    No way it will hit 6 million out in theaters.
    It will easily do 6.
    Its at 4.2 gross and its not even into week 2. Yah, it will easily make a profit and im willing to bet it at least doubles cost of production. They have 1.8 to go before breaking even and its week one.... this is exactly why they released it in theaters. It might not be doing great right now, but it will profit and the closer we get to Halloween the more people will see it.
    Im willing to bet it tops 6 before Saturday night.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 10-01-2015 at 11:08 AM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Seeing this tomorrow night with some friends. Will be part of my horror movie marathon this month, so why not.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Just got back from watching this. Quite frankly I'm puzzled as to why the movie is receiving so much grief. Sure there are some issues that I had with the movie....CGI ants just like some have mentioned earlier, the nightmare sequence; although I kinda liked it, the scene really wasn't needed and did nothing for the film, the darts sounded like friggin missiles, and I really didn't care for the ending; it could have been so much better......little blurb during the credits really wasn't needed either. Sets this thing up for a sequel.........heads up Roth rpobably plans to do it no matter haw the film does after all it hasn't stopped him in the past........ Overall I found it pretty entertaining so I give it 6 / 10.

After thought : Someone said that only gorehounds would like this. I beg to differ on that since I am a gorehound. Although the gory scenes were nicely done I felt that the number of gore scenes just weren't enough for my blood lust; sorry to disappoint you

Last edited by Necromancer; 10-01-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Just got back from watching this. Quite frankly I'm puzzled as to why the movie is receiving so much grief. Sure there are some issues that I had with the movie....CGI ants just like some have mentioned earlier, the nightmare sequence; although I kinda liked it, the scene really wasn't needed and did nothing for the film, the darts sounded like friggin missiles, and I really didn't care for the ending; it could have been so much better......little blurb during the credits really wasn't needed either. Sets this thing up for a sequel.........heads up Roth rpobably plans to do it no matter haw the film does after all it hasn't stopped him in the past........ Overall I found it pretty entertaining so I give it 6 / 10.

After thought : Someone said that only gorehounds would like this. I beg to differ on that since I am a gorehound. Although the gory scenes were nicely done I felt that the number of gore scenes just weren't enough for my blood lust; sorry to disappoint you

Was it a remake of Cannibal Holocaust 2?

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Was it a remake of Cannibal Holocaust 2?
    Didn't know they came out with Cannibal Holocaust 2, I did read the synopsis and where they end off on this one sounds a little like the synopsis for Cannibal Holocaust 2

Last edited by Necromancer; 10-01-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Break out the noisemakers and party hats it finished the weekend at 5.9 million. This weekend it dropped 63% with a 1.2 million take. So during its theatrical run it will make a few thousand bucks back

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Break out the noisemakers and party hats it finished the weekend at 5.9 million. This weekend it dropped 63% with a 1.2 million take. So during its theatrical run it will make a few thousand bucks back
    It will increase.
    As i mentioned by the end of the month it will be 10-12 or so.
    Its Halloween, this is why they release horror movies in theaters around Halloween. Because they increase in sales as Halloween gets closer, no matter how good or bad the movie really is.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124
    It will probably do well on DVD and blu ray, this movie wasn't promoted much at all I never saw much advertising for it and if I wasn't a horror fan I probably wouldn't know it existed.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    It will probably do well on DVD and blu ray, this movie wasn't promoted much at all I never saw much advertising for it and if I wasn't a horror fan I probably wouldn't know it existed.
    That was my point all along with this garbage. Never should have been released in theaters.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Ok everyone needs to relax because this wasn't a bad film

When there were gore scenes, they were fantastic.

Spoiler...
    taking out the guys eyeballs and then eating them was fucking sweet

It was mostly practical effects and I loved that. The CGI scenes were REALLY bad though. That puma..thing..was horrible, but I can't really knock the film all that much for anything. It told a coherent story that had some cliche horror moments. Not liking the director is one thing, but to call this movie trash is really unfair. It's a decent film with some good effects. The acting is shit, but it's a horror film. We all knew what kind of horror film it was going to be. I'm not going in there looking for Oscar worthy performances.

This movie is easily a 5/10. Due to a few cool practical effect scenes, I'd bump it to a 6/10. It's a decent film. To call this film trash or garbage when we all know we have seen MUCH MUCH worse come out of Hollywood, is laughable.

I do wish Eli Roth did something groundbreaking though. I love his early work like Cabin Fever and the Hostels, but I felt like this was a huge step back for him.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post

Spoiler...

It was mostly practical effects and I loved that. The CGI scenes were REALLY bad though. That puma..thing..was horrible, but I can't really knock the film all that much for anything. It told a coherent story that had some cliche horror moments. Not liking the director is one thing, but to call this movie trash is really unfair. It's a decent film with some good effects. The acting is shit, but it's a horror film. We all knew what kind of horror film it was going to be. I'm not going in there looking for Oscar worthy performances.

This movie is easily a 5/10. Due to a few cool practical effect scenes, I'd bump it to a 6/10. It's a decent film. To call this film trash or garbage when we all know we have seen MUCH MUCH worse come out of Hollywood, is laughable.

I do wish Eli Roth did something groundbreaking though. I love his early work like Cabin Fever and the Hostels, but I felt like this was a huge step back for him.
    Movie is kaka If you are waiting for something groundbreaking you might want to skip Knock Knock, although I think it is maybe a point or so higher grade-wise than this.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post

Spoiler...

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Movie is kaka If you are waiting for something groundbreaking you might want to skip Knock Knock, although I think it is maybe a point or so higher grade-wise than this.

:stone:

Last edited by Necromancer; 10-05-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I can totally see why no one wanted to release this movie. I got maybe 20 minutes left, but man...... there's not a whole lot of value to this movie.
    Apparently lightening struck once for Roth and that's it. His brand of comedy and gore, worked one time that i can think of and since then... not so much.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Considering all the hate its been getting I went in with extremely low expectations, but having finally seen it I have to say that it wasn't that bad. Sure there's some iffy acting in parts and there were random unintentionally funny scenes, but the practical gore was solid and it kept my interest from the start. I've seen much worse movies, especially from Roth (Hostel 2, Knock Knock) and this was decent and definitely not his worst effort. I'd give it a low 6/10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast