Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2
    Going too see it tonight.I hear great reviews about this one.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Once I was normal among the sheep.Now I'm immortal, in the night I creep.

I run an mma blog,check it out
    armbarsmmaworld.blogspot.com

Undead n Luvin It
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Arnold kicks ass, glad hes back this looks cool, cant wait to see it, and bullet to the head, and die hard 4!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Despite it bombing at the box office during its theatrical run, I enjoyed the flick. Arnold wasn't too over-the-top and cheesy like his character in Expendables 2 and there was some good action. Didn't care much for Knoxville, but luckily he's barely in it.

Unfortunately, director Jee-woon Kim's (A Bittersweet Life, The Good, the Bad, the Weird, I Saw the Devil) signature style is kinda absent here. Like I said in an earlier post, it seems like the studio kept a close eye on him and didn't let him do his normal thing, so it looked and felt like any other action flick. Overall, this is a fun no-brainer action flick, sporting some nice cars, lotsa guns, and a surprisingly decent amount of blood. 7/10

As far as Arnold's return to acting goes--the guy should've came back with a known property instead of doing an original film. Just like Willis did with a new Die Hard and Stallone did with Rocky/Rambo, but wither way, I'm hoping Arnie's next roles (Escape Plan, Ten) will do better at the box office, because as old as the guy is, it's still pretty awesome to see him kick ass again

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    I just got around to seeing this and I thought it was great.

it's no masterpiece, but it's balls to the wall entertaining. Shame it flopped cause this was a solid Arnold vehicle. I'm kinda snobby towards newer action films, cause they don't make them like they use to. Well this one is like what what use to get made.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Crap film. Could have done much better. Everything about this movie was a cliche and a boring one at that. Only thing I liked about it was Schwarzenegger (obviously) and Peter Stormare

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    (I shoulda found this thread and posted here instead of most recent non-horror)

What a seriously dumb movie. It had its moments and, better late than never, it was nice to see Arnold return to action more satisfying than his '90s attempt at tamer stuff than what we got in the '80s. This had an odd mix of brutal, sometimes abrupt violence along with comic relief silliness. That's all fine and good, it just had a script that defied all logic or intelligence, most of which (besides having dumber, more useless FBI agents than an episode of The Following) centered around it's desire to showcase a ZR-1 Corvette as some kind of "Batmobile".

This movie exists in a world where government agencies along the border don't have access to planes or helicopters and, apparently, neither do cartels because everyone was driving around, watching helplessly from a remote command HQ or building bridges to cross the border at some little canyon. It was just stupid, the whole thing, if you dared stop and think about what you were watching.

And you can't use the excuse that the good action movies in Arnold's past were equally dumb. Commando is a more plausible film. Hell, The Running Man is near RoboCop prophetic. It was clear that the filmmakers here not only didn't do any research on law enforcement or border security but they didn't research the cartels either. What was with all the gringos on the payroll???!!! It was about as bad a job as was done on the Denzel Washington + Mark Wahlburg vehicle 2 Guns which might as well have been written on a roll of toilet paper it was such shit.

Arnold was definitely the best thing about the film, though he at times looked very senior citizen. We all know he's older but sometimes it was like he was not all there or like he was struggling to perform. It was noticeable. The fake tan make-up that was painfully obvious, like this orange mask, gave him a creepy, plastic look at various times.

Somehow, in his more recent future jail flick, he seems younger than in this film. Perhaps its a combination of make up and better meds or something. In the trailer at least, he seems less forced and like simply delivering a line of dialog isn't taking quite as much effort as here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12