Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433

Anamorphic video from Wek Fest

This has general (car) and filmmaking crossover appeal I think so I'll post this here. I recently acquired an anamorphic lens adapter (Century Optics) off ebay and set about adapting it for use with my Panasonic Lumix GH2. I wish I'd had this setup on Sick Boy because, for my money, scope films from the '70s and '80s have the most pleasing visuals of any style of film, due in no small part to the photography of Dean Cundey establishing the signature look of John Carpenter films.

This last weekend was a local tuner car show and I figured it would be as good a place as any to try out the new lens in (hopefully) interesting, practical lighting and a setting with lots of depth and visual interest. I'm pretty pleased with the results considering this is stock firmware and I'm using the crap 14-42mm kit as my "taking lens" so that I didn't put too much weight on the camera body while I wait for my lens splint to support my Nikkors.

...all but a couple shots are at 18mm and approx. F4 so I didn't need to attach my Tokina diopter.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Here's something I shot a couple days before...I was just testing the lens out for the first time but I've put it together to make it a little more appropriate for this site

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread