Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x

Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread

Sorry if something like this is already done, couldn't really see one after a quick search. Just a few individual things for the remake, which shouldn't exist...
    Whether you like the sequels or not you have to admit that the original is one of the best, and well done Horror movies to date. So i decided to make one for Freddy Krueger, talk about how good the original is, or how crap you think the sequels are, even the remake that is bound to hit us. I myself don't mind the sequels, but the original out shines them all. What are your thoughts?

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Trailer:

Tagline: If Nancy Doesn't Wake Up Screaming She Won't Wake Up At All...

Plot: Nancy is having nightmares about a frightening, badly-scarred figure who wears a glove with razor-sharp "finger knives". She soon discovers that her friends are having similar dreams. When the kids begin to die, Nancy realizes that she must stay awake to survive. Uncovering the secret identity of the dream killer and his connection with the children of Elm Street, the girl plots to draw him out into the real world.

Director: Wes Craven

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge

nightmare_on_elm_street_2_poster_01.jpg

Trailer:

Tagline: Someone is coming back to Elm Street!

Plot: A new family moves into the house on Elm Street, and before long, the kids are again having nightmares about deceased child murderer Freddy Krueger. This time, Freddy attempts to possess a teenage boy to cause havoc in the real world, and can only be overcome if the boy's sweetheart can master her fear.

Director: Jack Sholder

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3: The Dream Warriors

Trailer:

Tagline: If you think you'll get out alive, You must be dreaming.

Plot: Picking up where the original Nightmare left off, Nancy has grown up and become a psychiatrist specializing in dream therapy. She meets a group of children at a local hospital facing Freddy Krueger, the same demon she once encountered in her sleep. One of them is Kristen, who has the power to draw other people into her dreams. Working with a male doctor assigned to the case, Nancy helps the kids realize their special abilities within the nightmare world. When Freddy captures one of her charges, she leads a rescue attempt into Krueger's domain, in hopes of putting his spirit to rest once and for all.

Director Chuck Russell

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 4: The Dream Master
    nightmare_on_elm_street_4_poster_01.jpg

Trailer

Tagline: Pure evil never dies!

Plot: Figuring that Freddy was dead the survivors of part 3 rebuilt their lives. They all got out of the mental hospital, and were attending Springwood High School. Kristen Parker (Tuesday Knight) keeps bringing Joey and Kincaid into her dreams because she thinks that Freddy is coming back. He comes back and kills all three of them. Before Kristen is killed she accidentally calls Alice Johnson (Lisa Wilcox) into her dream. As Freddy kills Kristen she gives Alice her psychic power. Freddy has several confrontations with Alice, but does not kill her. Since Kristen was the last of the "Elm Street kids" (children of the people who killed Krueger) Freddy needs Alice to bring more kids into his dream world so that he can kill them. Alice and Krueger finally do battle where she turns his power against him; all of the souls of his victims get free of his grasp and he is presumed to be gone forever.

Director: Renny Harlin

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 5: The Dream Child

Trailer:

Tagline: Now Freddy's A Daddy, He's Killing For Two.

Plot: Alice, having survived the previous installment of the Nightmare series, finds the deadly dreams of Freddy Krueger starting once again. This time, the taunting murderer is striking through the sleeping mind of Alice's unborn child. His intention is to be "born again" into the real world. The only one who can stop Freddy is his dead mother, but can Alice free her spirit in time to save her own son?

Director: Stephen Hopkins

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 6: Freddy's Dead, The Finale Nightmare

Trailer:

Tagline: Born November 2nd 1984...Dies September 1991

Plot: In part six of the Nightmare on Elm Street series, dream monster Freddy Krueger has finally killed all the children of his hometown, and seeks to escape its confines to hunt fresh prey. To this end, he recruits the aid of his (previously unmentioned) daughter. However, she discovers the demonic origin of her father's powers and meets Dad head-on in a final showdown.

Director: Rachel Talalay

Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Trailer:

Tagline: This Time, staying awake won't save You..

Plot: Heather is an actress happily married, she has a little child: Dylan She is worried about a maniac who is ringing frequently at her house. She think the maniac is Freddy the killer of her previous film Meanwhile Wes Craven is having some nightmares and inspired by that events he is writing the script for a new Nightmare series film. Heather is scared by some murders and by the schizophrenia of her son. The only way left to save her son is to act for the last time the part of Nancy to defeat Freddy forever.

Director: Wes Craven

Freddy vs Jason

Trailer:

Tagline: When the bastard son of a hundred maniacs battles an unstoppable killing machine, none will survive!

Plot: It's been nearly ten years since Freddy Krueger terrorized people in the dreams, and the towns folk want to keep him erased from their memory. Freddy still has one more plan on getting back to Elm Street. He resurrects Jason Voorhees and sends him off to kill. The more bodies which fall to the ground, the stronger in which Freddy becomes. This is until, Freddy realizes that Jason isn't going to step aside easily, and he must take down Jason himself.

Director: Ronny Yu

A Nightmare On Elm Street (Remake) Better known as 'Ultra Turd'

Trailer:

Plot:
    A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, a serial-killer who wields a glove with four blades embedded in the fingers and kills people in their dreams, resulting in their real death in reality.

Director: Samuel Bayer

Actor replacing Robert Englund: Jackie Earle Haley

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy

Trailer:

What is it? The definitive documentary on the franshise as a whole. Interviews with people involved from the original up to FvJ.

Directors:Daniel Farrands
    ...............Andrew Kasch

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it."
    -- Mark Twain

KillKaylaDead: Even your body looks like it was hand crafted by the gods.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Original is my fav. and although New Nightmare got some hate, I really dug it too. The sequels were alright, but not as good since Freddy went from scary to a jokester, which is probably why I enjoyed New Nightmare so much--it was kind of the return of a serious and scary Freddy again. Either way, they were still entertaining and offered some cool deaths and effects. FvsJ was silly, but fun. HATED the remake

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    should not be just as cruel as
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Original is my fav. and although New Nightmare got some hate, I really dug it too. The sequels were alright, but not as good since Freddy went from scary to a jokester, which is probably why I enjoyed New Nightmare so much--it was kind of the return of a serious and scary Freddy again. Either way, they were still entertaining and offered some cool deaths and effects. FvsJ was silly, but fun. HATED the remake
    In agreeance. Although I'm a fan boy, I love them all but for different reasons, obviously. They did jump shark.

I love New Nightmare, and I have a hard time picking between Part 3 and NN for second place. I actually met Englund (And Lisa Wilcox and Ken Sagoes) in May, they are all so lovely and funny, made me appreciate the films that much more, I got to sit down and talk with them all individually for a good 15 minutes, it was amazing.

Also, you're a mod or admin from the looks of things, mind changing the title? I fucked up 'Thread'. :|

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it."
    -- Mark Twain

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
    Also, you're a mod or admin from the looks of things, mind changing the title? I fucked up 'Thread'. :|

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

When I met Ken Sagoes, I had him call my friend and fuck with him as Kincaid. 2 gets a bad rap, mostly for the very obvious gay undertones, but it really is a dark movie.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    When I met Ken Sagoes, I had him call my friend and fuck with him as Kincaid. 2 gets a bad rap, mostly for the very obvious gay undertones, but it really is a dark movie.
    Hahaha Ken is so cool in person, he was hilarious when I met him.

Part two is GREAT. It's probably the darkest of the bunch, really. In theme and tone. Kruegers make up in it is one of the best, very dark and greasy looking. Sure it's different, and the gay undertones are there, but it did something different which was rarely seen with the whole male protagonist and that. It's hard not to love the sinister Krueger in it.

-- Mark Twain

UHM Emissary
    The world spreads it's legs
    for another fucking star..

Status
    Last Online
    06-27-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow deadcellsociety On Twitter Add deadcellsociety on Facebook
    Visit deadcellsociety's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 167
    1,3,4 and 7 are my favourites. I hated 2, not because of the gay undertones, but because the story sucked. 5 was pretty poor. Story, make up and the ending were bad, 6 I just thought was really dire and New Nightmare I have to agree with FrighT on this, It's an awesome movie and was cleverly put together with an emphasis on bringing back the Freddy of old. Never sleep Again is an awesome documentary though. Well worth sitting through 8 hours.

WHEN A MAN MEETS A FORCE HE CANNOT DESTROY, HE DESTROYS HIMSELF INSTEAD.

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

4's only saving grace is Dramarama's song

Mrs. UHM
    Nothing to Report

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Follow Jen On Twitter Add Jen on Facebook
    Visit Jen's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 3
    I love the first..agreed with Frightie though, I like the dark freddy..not the jokester...i think if they kept him dark/sinister, the sequels would have been a lot better

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I love the first..agreed with Frightie though, I like the dark freddy..not the jokester...i think if they kept him dark/sinister, the sequels would have been a lot better
    Well, the character was always dark, the humour was rather dark in tone, but his sinister personality slipped away more and more.

Part 5 would have been half decent if they weren't left scriptless half way through. It actually has a lot of dark/gothic imagery and tones, with abortion and all. Every death was censored as well. The uncut deaths are much more effective. There is even a scene that is completely cut from the film, which is apparently so hard hitting they can't even talk about what it was. It's mentioned in Never Sleep Again. They knew it had NO chance of making it into the film, and more or less did it for shits and giggles.

After the half way point it really nose dives, which is very likely due to the writer strike.

-- Mark Twain

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    First one is my favorite. Depp being sucked into the bed and the blood fountain that comes from that is one of my favorite on-screen deaths of all time. Two isn't bad at all and 3 is alright as well. The rest are kind of blech until New Nightmare, which I really liked. The remake I saw in theaters and I couldn't fucking stand it.

Mrs. UHM
    Nothing to Report

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    I wonder what scene could be SO unsettling they can't even talk about it...unless it was brought up as some sort of marketing ploy?

I never viewed his humor as all that dark...more like it was "trying to hard" in my opinion.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    First one is my favorite. Depp being sucked into the bed and the blood fountain that comes from that is one of my favorite on-screen deaths of all time. Two isn't bad at all and 3 is alright as well. The rest are kind of blech until New Nightmare, which I really liked. The remake I saw in theaters and I couldn't fucking stand it.
    Can anyone? I did a review on it. It's very long winded and has a lot of anger. But people seem to agree with my on everything I mention, even finding new reasons to hate on it, which is always good. One of the most uninspired pieces of cinematic trash ever to be made.

I don't even know where to fucking start. Well, to be honest I LOVED Haley's performence he was the only saving grace the film had. He absolutely stole every scene without effort. However, whether that is simply because he is portraying Krueger I don't know. Either way I enjoyed what he did with the character, although he doesn't even begin to grasp the same level as Englund, he was enjoyable nonetheless.. However, every scene that isn't a nightmare I find very fucking lacking. Both in character development and acting and story changes. Why the FUCK did they need to change the back story? What is the purpose of the boiler room now? Other then the fact that's where he was burned, fucking bull shit. Not much of a "lair" at all. And there were some plot holes, I'm sure if 5 year old kids went through an ordeal such as that, they would never fucking forget it, one of the kids even dies on web cam, who THE FUCK uploaded that to his blog? That makes ZERO sense. And all the other killings of the kids didn't occur anywhere near Elm Street, that was fucking ridiculous (hence the question mark at the top). Also, why does Krueger have a glove in this? It doesn't fit the story or make sense. In this remake he no longer kills the children he molesters, making the glove absolutely POINTLESS....

The opening was a torturous watch. The original has a timeless opening and a fucking sheep from nowhere adding some great surrealism. In this, there is nothing of the sort. If you have a concept like Nightmare's and are not going to utilise the power or dreams your wasting your time. When we first see Krueger in the original his arms out stretched wide, he cuts off his own fingers, laugh like a maniac taunting his victim. The viewer knows this guy is not to be fucked with and posses great power and has a surrealness to him. He is also in shadow, leaving his horrible burnt face to the imagination. Not seeing something is far more terrifying then knowing what it looks like, as the mind runs rampant with all sorts of fears. In this we get pretty much a great view of Krueger from his first scene. Such wasted potential, especially with today's make up and technology advancements, you'd think his face would have improved.... you'd be wrong.

The re-used scenes from the original were a joke and done so poorly. The Glove in the bath tub was "rushed". The original lets the viewer take in what's happening, while it slowly moves towards Nancy creating suspense. Before quickly retreating. The remake, well, it's up and gone so quick if you turn your head you'll miss it. There are far to many attempts at jump scares which fail every fucking time anyway. How many times can you see Krueger's face appear and go BOO! Before you grow tired, I think twice, let alone every nightmare scene. Nancy was turned into a half Gothic loner, locked away in her room drawing fucking weird pictures. The character development is done so poorly, as with the acting we don't care for the characters. In the original you can see the effect the murders have on Nancy, they were all close friends. In the remake she barely talks to any of them, and seems mostly unaffected by their deaths. Are we meant to feel sympathy for the character? She was also nowhere near the heroic Nancy we all know and love. Sure she knew what to do, but she needed help from a little bitch. And the few scenes were she acted "tough" and knew what was going on had me shaking my head with the lines being spoken. I've seen better acting in the SyFy movies, no joke. Also, the transmission of her is hardly visible. In the original we get the grey streak of hair, she becomes pale, looks worn and her voice gets very unstable. Showing true signs of stress. In the remake all we get is red bagging under her eyes, after people she doesn't even seem to speak to get killed. Are we are suppose to believe that and feel for the character?

Tina's original death is so much more gripping and unbelievably violent then in it's re-imaging, where we get her hitting the walls about four times with out ANY blood. The we see a quick 4 razor full body frontal slash with a small amount of blood emit from the wound before she drops back onto the bed and then the scene changes. In the original she is bloodied and fucking dragged around the roof with an indescribable feeling going on inside the viewer. The scene with a sleeping Nancy and a leering Krueger emerging from a wall, was done with a sheet of pale spandex in the original, with an actor pressing his face against it on the other side, and to this day, it looks absolutely amazing. And in this trash pile we get a Krueger merging out of the wall, done in horrid looking CGI that makes him more like the Sand-Man than a Dream Demon.
    The entire disruption of Krueger's actions while living have little to no effect on the town apart from the fact that they deny everything that happened. In the original it caused families to break up, not being able to live together after what had happened and what was done about it Marge even became an alcoholic to deal with the stress and guilt of it all. She also truly cared for her daughter. She placed bars on all the window for protection, personally took her to doctors and had a lot of heart felt conversations. Where as in this the character gets about a minute and 20 or so seconds of screen time throughout the film, she doesn't seem to give a fuck at all, doing absolutely nothing to help her, apart from, signing a form for her to be sedated, that's seriously it. At times Krueger make up looked very good, others it look horrible and so fake.

Another thing I did like was the aspects of the 'Micro Sleeps'. However, trust PD to think of something with great potential, than analy rape the fuck out of it. The concept is that after a certain amount of hours without sleep (in which in the movie the amount of hours is false) the mind starts to sleep while you're awake, and doing it unknowingly. This could be amazing if done right for a Nightmare film. But it's under used (like everyhting else in this shit pile of a movie). We get one good scene from this, and it was realeased before the movie even came out, leaving nothing new with the concept to be explored.

The score was also very fucking lacking. I mean the original, I don't care how many times you've watched it, you REMEMBER the theme, it's so eeire and child like, sending chills down your spine. In this it's just crap, I can't remember any of the music, which is probably good thing as the less you remember about this the better your chance is of not slitting your own throat.

Nancy's father played no part in this film and Browns character didn't do fuck all either. Nancy's father in the original (Lt. Donald Thompson) brought a very powerful aspect to the film. He was trying to solve these murders realistically. Which brought a conflict and another perspective that maybe, none of this was actually happening. Not to mention he was played by the legenday John Saxon!

And then, to top it all off the way Krueger was killed, brought into the real world where he does absolutely nothing before having his throat cut with the exact same dialogue as in FvJ being screamed, it was pretty much a direct copy of the death, only inside a pre-school rather then at Cystal Lake. Can't they fucking think of anything new? I would have been happy with the original being re-used, a lot more satisfying. At least Krueger put up a fight and was really tested. His lucky to be in the real world for 45 second to a minute. That had me over flown with rage and pretty much destroyed any good feelings I had towards it. I have currently seen the original 84 times and counting, and I still never get bored or tired of it at any one moment. But there was scenes in this were I was pressing display to see how long I had left. The opening scene was very weak and 8 minutes in I had a terrible feeling. It picked up and had highs during the dreams but everything in the real world just hit a rock bottom low. I am 100% sure I will add to this post later on but for now I need a rest from all the ranting. May god have mercy on PD's soul. I'm giving this a 1/10 for Haley's performence only.

-- Mark Twain

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I swear on my life, this was said when I was in the theater

..watching the film..about twenty minutes in (or whenever Freddy first shows up), the guy sitting behind my CLEARLY states to his wife, and I fucking quote

"Oh wow, they used the original guy who played Freddy!"

Someone give me a gun

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    I wonder what scene could be SO unsettling they can't even talk about it...unless it was brought up as some sort of marketing ploy?

I never viewed his humor as all that dark...more like it was "trying to hard" in my opinion.
    It's just dark the way it's set, not delivered. Cracking jokes while killing 'children' isn't exactly something smiled upon.

And who knows, I doubt its marketing, as it's in one of the interviews, and that part isn't mentioned in a trailer. It's very brief. But it would be very interesting to find out just what it is.

-- Mark Twain

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    I swear on my life, this was said when I was in the theater

..watching the film..about twenty minutes in (or whenever Freddy first shows up), the guy sitting behind my CLEARLY states to his wife, and I fucking quote

"Oh wow, they used the original guy who played Freddy!"

Someone give me a gun
    I would have turned around and made a scene. I wouldn't have been able to help myself. I'm so glad I didn't see this in theatres. It came out here a few weeks after the US got it from memory. And from the responses it was getting I decided it wasn't safe for me to see it around a lot of arrogant people. It ended up being a rather wise decision.

-- Mark Twain

Mrs. UHM
    Nothing to Report

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
    It's just dark the way it's set, not delivered. Cracking jokes while killing 'children' isn't exactly something smiled upon.

And who knows, I doubt its marketing, as it's in one of the interviews, and that part isn't mentioned in a trailer. It's very brief. But it would be very interesting to find out just what it is.

I get what you're saying. I just meant that regardless of the circumstance, it seemed like the jokes/humor was too pushed. More gore, less comedy please!.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    I get what you're saying. I just meant that regardless of the circumstance, it seemed like the jokes/humor was too pushed. More gore, less comedy please!.
    Yeah I get that, one thing the films never let up on was the visuals. Thankfully. The effects and visuals are all top notch, well, for the most part.

-- Mark Twain

Mrs. UHM
    Nothing to Report

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    I'm a big fan of NOES. The first one was the best in my opinion. I enjoyed the sequels for what they were. The remake don't exist in my world lol

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,896

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast