My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Whatever you say. Good luck having beef with members when only having 184 posts. Keep up with your ego attitude and you won't last here.

I take almost nothing seriously. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of dead baby jokes in my head and I love to goof around. We all love sick shit here, that's what makes this forum so amazing.

With that being said, we don't need a child coming in here wishing death upon a human being just for the characters she portrays in movies. If you were joking or not, it still comes off as childish and we really don't care for that shit here. I guess some of us are a little more mature than you (I know you're 20 and think you know it all) and that's fine, but know the line between joking and (painfully obvious) saying things for attention to establish yourself.

On that note

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    should not be just as cruel as
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Whatever you say. Good luck having beef with members when only having 184 posts. Keep up with your ego attitude and you won't last here.

I take almost nothing seriously. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of dead baby jokes in my head and I love to goof around. We all love sick shit here, that's what makes this forum so amazing.

With that being said, we don't need a child coming in here wishing death upon a human being just for the characters she portrays in movies. If you were joking or not, it still comes off as childish and we really don't care for that shit here. I guess some of us are a little more mature than you (I know you're 20 and think you know it all) and that's fine, but know the line between joking and (painfully obvious) saying things for attention to establish yourself.

On that note

If I wanted to draw attention to myself I have ample ways of doing so. That's just something I say to stress my opinion on something, getting my view across, in what I find funny. I say that kind of thing all the time. About more people than I'd care to count. It's not something to be taken serious and you have really blown it completely out of proportion. Yeah, I'm young, and new here but that isn't really ample standing ground in an argument. You say I say things like "butt hurt" when I have nothing else, well saying "You're 20 and know everything" is pretty much the same thing.

Go on an forum I've been on, I haven't had this problem anywhere before with people re-acting the way you have. Maybe it's because this place is rather small in people who post often, and it's why I haven't really said anything like that till now, because I had a feeling one/some member/s would have a problem with it. I'm not trying to look cool or establish myself, I was just being me, if you can't ignore the odd dark humour stab I have like that now and then I suggest you just ignore it in future.

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it."
    -- Mark Twain

KillKaylaDead: Even your body looks like it was hand crafted by the gods.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
    Maybe, I haven't seen Greens other flick, Frozen or whatever it was? I heard it's decent though. Zombie has grown as a director, his first film was utterly woeful though. Zombie's main problem is he shouldn't be able to write.
    Frozen is actually decent. It's the only thing that keeps me from totally dismissing him as a director. It's not technically impressive in any way but the simple fact that he was able to pull it off, given my bias going into it and my disbelief that anyone could keep the setting and premise interesting for a full feature. I was actually stunned, while watching the movie, that I wasn't getting bored. It worked. He pulled it off.

I don't get how a much simpler kind of film (H2) could be done so poorly by comparison. It almost makes me think he didn't think it needed to be any better than it was. Dunno. You (well I know I do) expect to see a young director improve over the first few films in their career. Not just what more money can buy, because that's an illusion. Actors and everyone else on the crew are going to just phone it in if they can tell the director isn't really there or can't tell or doesn't care.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 11-03-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    I don't get how a much simpler kind of film (H2) could be done so poorly by comparison. It almost makes me think he didn't think it needed to be any better than it was. Dunno. You (well I know I do) expect to see a young director improve over the first few films in their career. Not just what more money can buy, because that's an illusion. Actors and everyone else on the crew are going to just phone it in if they can tell the director isn't really there or can't tell or doesn't care.
    I haven't watched H2, for obvious reasons. I'm hoping Salem is good though.

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it."
    -- Mark Twain

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Oh, no, my bad. I was referring to Hatchet2 not Halloween2. Hatchet2 and Frozen, I wouldn't have guessed it was the same filmmaker if I didn't know before seeing them. I found nothing to like in Hatchet2 besides seeing Ms. Harris run around in tight little BDUs, since I'm not enamored by the acting chops of Mr. Candyman in much of anything he's in.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Oh, no, my bad. I was referring to Hatchet2 not Halloween2. Hatchet2 and Frozen, I wouldn't have guessed it was the same filmmaker if I didn't know before seeing them. I found nothing to like in Hatchet2 besides seeing Ms. Harris run around in tight little BDUs, since I'm not enamored by the acting chops of Mr. Candyman in much of anything he's in.
    Ahh I see. For me Tony Todd was the only saving grace the film had, and I'm pretty sure Lloyd Kaufman had a cameo somewhere. Todd just has such an amazing screen presence. He was pretty much the only thing that kept me watching. The backstory was alright, until it came to that curse scene. That ruined the whole thing.

-- Mark Twain

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, that's what folks say but I don't get it. I enjoy Candyman in spite of him popping up every now and again. He just comes across cheesy to me. I don't buy him as legitimately menacing in anything I've seen him in. Hated his character and performance in The Rock. I know this isn't a popular opinion.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    I won't deny she is a fine bit of ass. Well, not in Hatchet 2. That eye, bugged the fuck out of me. But in Zombieween, I'm all for her.
    Funny you mention "that eye". My mother watched Hatchet 2 with me the first time I saw it and she almost made me turn it off because she couldn't handle looking at her anymore.

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    Yeah, that's what folks say but I don't get it. I enjoy Candyman in spite of him popping up every now and again. He just comes across cheesy to me. I don't buy him as legitimately menacing in anything I've seen him in. Hated his character and performance in The Rock. I know this isn't a popular opinion.
    Never heard of someone disliking Todd so much. He isn't "bad" in everything. He isn't the strongest actor though, but as said, his presence is just great. IMO anyway. When he is on screen, there is peace in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatOgre View Post
    Funny you mention "that eye". My mother watched Hatchet 2 with me the first time I saw it and she almost made me turn it off because she couldn't handle looking at her anymore.
    Yeah, I had a very hard time watching it because of it too. Man, it was just so frustrating.

-- Mark Twain

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Never heard of someone disliking Todd so much. He isn't "bad" in everything. He isn't the strongest actor though, but as said, his presence is just great. IMO anyway. When he is on screen, there is peace in the World.
    I guess it's just that he's a personality and not really an actor. That's fine, it just means they're more likely to be accepted or disliked without respect for their individual roles or actual effort whereas a good actor has a chance to transcend any preconceived preference or opinion based on having previously seen them work.

James Earl Jones, for me, would be more than just a deep voice doing the same roles, saying the same exact words. Not only do I like him more as a personality but he can actually transform into a believable person that's different than what you've seen him do before and, more importantly, make you believe he believes he's that person and always has been.

Now I feel like I'm beating a dead horse though. I know lots of folks like Todd and I'm not trying to change that. I fully cop to putting Ms. Harris in a similar category (personality versus actor) and perhaps why I'd be more likely to give her a softer judgment than I might any number of other actors.

Zombiefied Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-30-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I'm definitely looking forward to this sequel. Enjoyed the first two entries very much. Suppose I can understand the hate II gets, but I thought it was very entertaining and had some great kills.

UHM's Female Prisoner
    is singing her Grudge Song.

Status
    Last Online
    03-28-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to this sequel. Enjoyed the first two entries very much. Suppose I can understand the hate II gets, but I thought it was very entertaining and had some great kills.
    I liked II as well. The kills are astonishingly over the top gory.

Zombiefied Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-30-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ.W View Post
    I liked II as well. The kills are astonishingly over the top gory.
    Hopefully III will be fun as well. With a different director at the helm, you never know..

My only problem with II was Danielle Harris' laughable performance.

Last edited by Deadly Fiend; 12-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Damn, how did this thread slip by me?

I loved Hatchet 1, still haven't watched my copy of 2 yet, but I'll get there.

As for Ms. Harris, she is hot beyond belief and I also had the opportunity to meet her, like DM said she is the nicest celeb I think I've met. You can tell from talking to her that she's a genuinely good person. And Tony Todd, I love his performances, he is always a show stopper, also a really nice guy though he did threaten me when I told him I was a Giants fan and he was a Pats fan still a little upset when the Gmen beat them back in 08. It's always a little unnerving when a horror icon threatens you with violence (especially when he has a good foot on you and could easily crush my puny body).

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

Hatchet III

Agreed about Harris... And hatchet. To me they're just fun movies

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50
    I watched the first one when it came out and was put off with the marketing of it being the next big thing in horror or whatever. I do need to review again as I just cannot remember anything off it. Cheap Tuesday today so I will go grab it then can give a renewed view on it. Need to catch up on some of this modern mainstream horror

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I wouldn't consider Hatchet "mainstream" it only saw a handful of theaters for its theatrical release, most was done on dvd. Though the film is well known in the horror community it has almost no notoriety when compared to a film like Paranormal Activity or Saw in the general public.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Member
    But the sound of you voice is
    enough to rescue me, from the
    fireball at the end of
    everything. As long as you sit
    next to me we can burn.

Status
    Last Online
    02-09-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    I didn't mind the first one but the second was kinda boring, and the dodgy acting was a letdown. I'll probably check this out at some stage though.

Undead n Luvin It
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    cant wait to see this, it has a killer cast 1 member being derek mears, if his char gets into it with crowley we could have jason vs jason lol, and glad to see Zach Galligan from gremlins and waxwork in there, and caroline williams from TCM 2, and of course danielle back!

Rotting Zealot
    death to film snobs!

Status
    Last Online
    12-05-2017

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Loved 1, really liked 2 and looking forward to 3. I'm glad Adam Green is stepping aside as director. The series needs some fresh blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast