02-06-2014

Member #
    Kansas City, Missouri and Shanghai, China
    Threads
    Add lostforever on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Yeah, I agree with your review. It was pretty good up until the end when they show too much and go overboard on the CGI. J.K. Simmons was outstanding in his little part, and it had some great tension early on. The ending kinda kills it for me though, and I don't like setups for a sequel.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I'm a little over a year late to the party but I finally saw this last night (Cinemax). I agree with everything said by those who have seen it so far...but perhaps a little different feeling about the ending.

The movie is well made and quite tense from the beginning. Great job by Russell as well.

My problem with the end:

Spoiler...
    They went through all the trouble boarding up the house when they already knew the aliens were getting in somehow without anything opening. To further make this even more head scratching they go through the whole drama of the aliens somehow unscrewing the sheets of plywood put up to keep them out, yet there are already aliens in the house upstairs that simply just mysteriously appear behind Russell. How did they get in??

Same could be said on how they make a last stand together in a locked up bedroom then in a flash a half dozen aliens are in the room with them! Wha, wha, whaaaaat!?

Other than that though the movie is pretty solid and most definitely one of the better alien flicks out there to watch. The twist at the end I saw coming from a mile away as well but that did not detract from the movie all that much.

7.5/10

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12