07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Add RoadmasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

PlayStation 4 Updates Here

Dunno. Sony says that tonight they will allow us to "see the future".

The Wall Street Journal reports that the next PlayStation will indeed be revealed at this event. Let's see what happens tonight! I'm guessing if it's not the hardware they show us it'll at least be next-gen visuals, what to expect from the ps4, but not the console itself.

My biggest interest is mainly what's inside the games instead of what the hardware will look like, size of the worlds, AI, interactions... What new ways game devs will be able to improve games and what kinds of new features they can implement with the PS4.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-20-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    From IGN:

A new rumor suggests that PlayStation 4 is due this November and will be available at two price points. According to Kotaku, anonymous sources say the PlayStation 4 is currently planned for two SKUs at $429 and $529 respectively, though “that could change.”

The source also suggests that “you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine.” The second half of that rumor seems to be in line with Sony’s recent changes to the accessibility of the PlayStation Store, which expanded to browsers last month.

Finally, the source suggests “that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.”

Looks like Sony still hasn't learned their lesson with these ridiculously high price points.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Looks like Sony still hasn't learned their lesson with these ridiculously high price points.
    Ugh, your right. And thanks for that bit of info! What do you think they'll talk about tonight?

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    I look forward to hearing official details about the PS4, but so far everything I've been hearing about Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles makes me not even want to bother with them. To name a few, they can't play used games, they will have no backwards compatibility, and they will be required to always be connected to the internet to be able to play games (which means if their network or your internet goes out the console will be completely useless) Granted, nothing is official until they make an official announcement, but if that all turns out to be true I might just stick with my PS3 and 360 for a while and eventually get a gaming PC and become a PC gamer.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yes! I share your same concerns! If rumors of needing to be connected online in order to play are true I'll set fire to the city!... or some other drastic and dramatic outburst.

Those rumors you listed, if true, are basically a big "FUCK YOU" to us. Hardly fair to require folks to be connected to the net to play, that's the biggest/worst concern for me. I never worried about a lack of backward compatibility but the used game one is a bit harsh. I love Gamestop, this would hurt them.

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Actually no backwards compatability is false as far as the PS4 goes. They aquired Gaikai and they will be using that to somehow stream PS3 games.

Last week, we told you about a Wall Street Journal report that indicated PlayStation 4 will stream games, at least in the form of PlayStation 3 titles. Today, the Wall Street Journalhas more to say about that, as well as PS4’s pronounced interactivity with social networks.
    In terms of Gaikai, WSJ says this:

Since the acquisition [of Gaikai in July of 2012 for $380 million], Sony has been investing heavily to prepare Gaikai’s technology to enhance its new console, the people familiar with Sony’s plans said. Sony has been preparing the technology to be used to allow users to play current PlayStation 3 games on the device, making a broader array of titles available at the outset, these people said. The new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

This is in line with what we heard about a few days ago, except it basically confirms what we had already assumed: the major purchase of Gaikai was executed specifically to “enhance” the PlayStation 4 (or whatever Sony’s next PlayStation will be called).

But there’s more interesting news. Wall Street Journal’s sources indicate that PS4 will interact heavily with social services, and will allow direct video upload to YouTube, straight from the console. You may even be able to "compete" with players on other hardware, though what that specifically means remains to be seen.

The new PlayStation also will allow players to share achievements on social networks through smoother links to Facebook or Twitter, while also enabling aspects such as sharing footage of game play online through YouTube, people familiar with Sony’s plans said. Sony’s new console may also allow users to compete against others using different hardware, such as smartphones and other portable devices, those people said.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Actually no backwards compatability is false as far as the PS4 goes. They aquired Gaikai and they will be using that to somehow stream PS3 games.
    Nice! I forgot about that purchase, but still; wasn't too concerned personally about backwards compatibility anyway. Ok, I need to sleep a bit before work tonight...

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-20-2013 at 11:41 AM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Playstation said that they were going to let Xbox make the first move on the console war, so who knows what they'll say today

All I know is that I'm pre-ordering both consoles.

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    Looking foward to the event, hopefully i'm satisfied at the end.

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,907

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Playstation said that they were going to let Xbox make the first move on the console war, so who knows what they'll say today

All I know is that I'm pre-ordering both consoles.
    There were people in the store yesterday when I picked up Crysis 3 asking to pre-order PS4. The guy was trying to explain to them there are no pre-orders yet.

When they do finally offer pre-orders I am assuming you will have to be fairly quick with getting it in.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Wonder if there will be chaos on the streets this holiday season with both PS4 and new XBox... I will be home clutching my .45 either way! Ok, for realz this time. I need to force myself to sleep!

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I'll be following the developments but won't be buying either console for a few years until after their out. If sony keeps the price above $500 like they did on the PS3 they'll take another early hit like the one that forced them into releasing like 12 different SKUs and confusion of which PS3 had different features.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

When they do finally offer pre-orders I am assuming you will have to be fairly quick with getting it in.
    Yeah I'll go the first day and put 20 bucks on Xbox and PS4..this is my first time purchasing a console myself, so I can throw 10-20 a week on it and by the time they come out I can go to the store and pick mine up (hopefully they work)

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Yeah I'll go the first day and put 20 bucks on Xbox and PS4..this is my first time purchasing a console myself, so I can throw 10-20 a week on it and by the time they come out I can go to the store and pick mine up (hopefully they work)
    I'm thinking you may not have to throw money down to reserve it. Back when the 360 was released they gave me $50 for my regular Xbox and I used that to pre-order. I hope with both systems releasing at practically the same time should cut down on the amount of people pre-ordering each. With the price ranges so high not many will dive into both at once.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Live stream: http://www.gametrailers.com/netstora...ting/live.html

Also, I'm not goint to throw down my xbox to pre-order it then I won't have anything to play until it comes out lol.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    "The most personalized gaming experience available today... the most powerful platform ever."

"We're revealing the genesis of an idea about an ever-expanding idea of play."

This event is going to go on for "the next couple hours," we're told. Get ready.

Introducing the PS4's lead system architect, Mark Cerny.

Updating this as I go alone on this post...

"When we started this process it was the early days of PS3... a time of great transition."

"All consoles had been a single-purpose device... insert your cartridge, CD, DVD, and that was it. At the time of PS3, that was all in flux." Now the PS3 connects to services over the internet.

"But as a console designed before this revolution hit, there were limitations to what the PS3 could do."

"The need to radically customize technology can interfere with innovation."

Sounds like the PS4 will be built on more standard technologies.

"Nothing will come between the player, the platform, and the joy of the game."

The slide above him says "Fluidly connect to the outside world."

"We wanted to make developers happy."

"We were able to create with PS4 a platform by game creators, for game creators."

Slide now says "supercharged PC architecture." X86 processor, enhanced PC GPU, 8GB unified high-speed unified memory.

Sounds like all those AMD rumors were right.

And a "massive" hard drive.

Now the DualShock 4 controller. All those leaks were right as well.

Looks like a stealth fighter version of the familiar Dual Shock, with a light on the back.

Touchpad on the front, a share button, a headphone jack, and a light bar to identify players.

There's also a 3D camera that can track the controller via the light bar.

Now showing a demo of Unreal Engine 4 running in real time.

He's looking around using the touch pad. That seems pretty cool.

Talking about the unified CPU and GPU — 170GBps bandwidth, more GPU performance.

Modified the GPU to make computing simpler — showing a million-object simulation that runs on the GPU.

Playing catch up here, I was trying to get some sleep before work tonight.

Cartoony graphics, something about a robot fighting goblins?

Mark's back. "Can't tell you how nice it is to show that in public."

"The next design task was the larger experience." Five key goals, the first is simplicity.

The next is immediacy — the system has a low-power state and auto saves games. You just hit the power button and start playing again.

PS4 can also download games in the background, even with the power of. Downloadable titles can be played as they're downloaded.

Next key principle is social. Dedicated, always-on video compression. Entire UI has been redesigned, and can seamlessly upload gameplay as you go.

Video uploads as you continue to play.

"Our goal is to make sharing of video as popular in PS4 as screenshots are today."

You can watch games being played, with a chat window. Can even "reach out" and play on a friends system.

PS4 social stuff with be real-names, "most likely seeded from existing social networks."

Next bullet is "integrated." Smartphones, tablets, Vita. "Use your smartphone to browse video, companion apps, etc. No gameplay shown, though.

Lastly, personalization. "Key design principle of the PS4 interface." System learns your likes and dislikes, shows you things you'll like. "Long-term vision is to reduce download times to zero... if we know enough about you we know what game you'll purchase next and download it in the background." That is... wild. And creepy.

Next up: Dave Perry, co-founder and CEO of Gaikai. Looks like all that video compression stuff will be tied into streaming game services.

Perry: Can't tell you how excited the Gaikai team is to be working on PS4.

"We all remember the first PlayStation... it wasn't the hardware that gave us goosebumps, it was the experiences."

"That's what we're doing with Gaikai on the PS4."

"What we're creating is the fastest, most powerful network for gaming in the entire world."

"When your friends purchase a new game, you'll know immediately."

Goal is to make streaming available for games in the store.

"With Gaikai and the PS Store, you'll be able to instantly experience anything you want. Try it for free, share if you like it, and pay only if you like it."

Partnered with Facebook and Ustream to bring players into games like "never before."

"By combining the PS4, the PlayStation Network, and these social platforms, our goal is to become the social platform for gaming."

Talking about spectating, and how to improve the experience. Share button on controller lets your broadcast live to your friends.

Friends can look over your shoulder, interact while you play, post to your screen as you play if you let them.

And friends take over your controller if you let them, as we heard.

Giving developers new spectating tools, including new "director" status that lets people manipulate the game as you play: give you health, change maps, etc.

Partnered with Ustream to let you stream to many people.

"We're going to give developers a simple solution for second screens." Remote play for the PS Vita. "The ultimate companion device for PS4." Can play games on the Vita using Remote Play. Showing Knack playing on the Vita.

That's great... but it would be cooler if it worked on phones and tablet.s

"Our long term goal is to make every PS4 title playable on the Vita."

"To make remote play on the PS4 and Vita feel good... we've integrated Gaikai into the PS4 that effectively makes it a game server." That sounds really cool, but what about mobile devices that people actually own?

PS3 titles aren't natively supported on PS4.

But they're exploring 'advanced technologies' to make PS3 games available on any device.

That's "exploring," not shipping.

"Everything everywhere" is the vision of the PlayStation, will require the fastest network anywhere. Has been fully greenlit by Sony, is being built. Will be rolling out in phases, and "can't reveal everything here today."

So basically: not backwards-compatible with PS3, but maybe. Someday. But not now.

Now watching a video of developers who love the PS4.

They talked to developers. Then listened to them.

This is basically other people running through the bullet points from before: simplicity, personalization, etc.

Sony's really pushing how dev-friendly the PS4 is. It's an interesting message.

Michael Denny from Worldwide Studios now out.

"PlayStation 4 will bring a new synergy between hardware, software, and the fastest game network in the world."

He just followed up "synergy" with "emotional state of play."

But now! Some gameplay footage. Guerilla Games on stage, talking about a war that devastates planets.

Killzone: Shadowfall.

It looks... like a video game. With really intense graphics.

Does this look better than a PS3 or 360 game? I would say yes, but I'm looking hard for improvement. It's clearer, basically. But it's not super dramatic.

Lots of little things that are cool: lens flares, lots of water, terrific depth of field effects.

This section after an explosion with lot of dust in the air and fires is astounding.

And now we're killing everything.

This is live gameplay — there's a guy on stage with a controller who looks like he's playing

Now we're on a rope attached to a plane, with a handgun. Just like last night, you know?

Overall, the graphics are incredible, but the physics and motion are very familiar and video-game-like, if that makes sense.

And now we're done — and the guy on stage just shared that entire game video in just a few clicks.

Now... Driveclub. "It's all about team-based racing."

Existed as a concept for 10 years, they trademarked the name nine years ago.

"Very simple concept about driving the best cars in the best locations, but doing it together."

"Driveclub isn't just about cars or locations, but about people. Collaborative racing with friends, on teams." But what if you don't have friends?

Play in real clubs against other clubs. Gameplay isn't about races, it's about challenges.

Can fire up the Driveclub app on phone or tablet, pick cars and tracks, set a challenge time, and send it around the world.

But you can't play on the phone or tablet. Just set challenges, apparently.

Recreating cars with "obsessive love."

"We've gone borderline insane" adding detail. Studied the metallic flakes in the paint, the weave in the fabrics.

Some of this looks completely real. Some of it looks like a video game. But all of it looks terrific.

They've even modeled the headlights diffracting through a coat of wax.

I mean, these exteriors look totally real.

Update this post for the full live blog later tonight, on this specific post. Y'all share your thoughts on the PS4 below please.

Now a man talking about being tear gassed and no longer trusting the cops.

Talking about the number of CCTV cams in Britain, US seizing cell records, people waiting in airport security.

"Our security comes at a high price... our freedom."

"Now consider what would happen if people suddenly developed superhuman abilities, capable of inflicting incredible carnage."

"We already live in a culture of fear."

This is Nate Fox from Sucker Punch, introducing an exclusive game for the PS4.

A console which watches your activity and auto-downloads things it wants you to buy, in case you forgot.

But whatever, let's blow some more stuff up.

Infamous: Second Son. This is like, the Battle of Seattle crossed with Watchmen crossed with Twilight.

What better way to make people consider the implications of constant surveillance in the security state than a console constantly records and encodes your game play for publication and which lets other people literally control your characters over the internet?

Now Jonathan Blow. "I don't know how I'm going to follow up all those explosions." (You might know him as the creator of Braid).

Talking about his new game The Witness. Sony's goal is to invite smaller developers to make games the same way as the big studios. Which is very smart.

"A lot of games try to pad their play times so they seem long, but in this game we try to cut things out. There's no filler."

There is a record player in a tree stump. It's going to be like that.

Now bagpipe music.

Puzzles on cartoony buildings on a gorgeous island with many strange buildings.

This is like the sickest update to Myst ever.

Andrew House is back, to tell us how awesome everything is. And that Killzone gameplay is apparently already up on the Killzone web site.

Now David Cage from Quantic Cage. To very intense piano notes.

"We all try to trigger emotions."

"In a medium like ours, technology is very important. It's what we rely on to trigger emotions."

By the way, Andrew House told us we're not seeing any more gameplay in this section. This is more about making movies with the PS4, it seems.

Indeed, Cage is talking about the history of movie technology.

"With the PlayStation 4, games have finally reached that stage."

350 polygons in characters in 1999, to 1,500 in 2005, to 30,000 this year.

Holy shit.

They're showing a 3D-rendered human head that looks totally real.

I would be typing more but I can't stop looking at this weird old dude.

That was incredible.

"We are now limited only by our imagination."

Now Alex Evans from Media Molecule.

"Creativity takes many forms these days, and with the internet, you can reach millions of people."

"But creativity can be complicated, so we thought — how can we cut through all of this crap?" Answer: record your dreams.

"When we look at how people create digitally, especially in 3D, things haven't changed in 5 years." He calls it the "tyranny of the polygon."

Take that, Polygon. You tyrants.

"It did not feel like recording dreams at all." Because it's obvious what that would feel like, of course.

But they love the Move controller. Writing it a love letter. "Dear Move controller, we're sorry. We love you."

They're sketching in 3D with the Move controller, Like a giant 3D pen on screen.

Playing back a "sculpt" in real time.

Showing off hundreds of objects sculpted with the Move controller.

It looks pretty cool, actually.

"The point is that it's fast to create."

"Someone's dream brought to life." Video time.

And now we're animating people with the Move controller. They're dancing around a hot pink guitar. And playing some hot jams.

This makes no sense. How does waving a Move controller around turn into guitar licks and drum solos?

It's really unclear, but these actors are having a great time doing it.

Andrew House is back. "I'm proud to announce virtually every third party partner will support PS4."

Will show some more titles now, and more throughout the year.

Now: Yoshinori Ono from Capcom.

"It feels good to finally be able to talk about this stuff."

Now he's speaking in Japanese for the viewers in Japan, with an interpreter for us.

Going through a history of PlayStation. Devil May Cry was only possible because of the technology in the PS2.

Now onto the PS3, and the Street Fighter and Resident Evil games for it.

Capcom has made a new engine called Panta Rhei for the PS4.

Looks like Capcom has the ability to model creepy human heads in real time as well.

And now a new game from Capcom for the PS4.

Working title: Deep Down.

Again, the graphics — especially the people — look amazing, but the motion feels very video-game.

"Conquer your fear... or die a coward."

And we ended with a little tease of a Street Fighter game — a message from Blanka.

Next up: Square Enix.

Yoshihia Hashimoto coming on stage. "Today's demo isn't a game, but a real time cinematic."

Created using Luminous Studio, Square Enix's game engine.

This definitely doesn't look as good as the other demos.

But it's more explode-y, so there's that.

This demo was at E3 last year, I'm told.

Looks like Square Enix is mostly showing off their engine, not what the PS3 can do.

Run lady! That bird made of sparks is going to do bad stuff to you.

Wait, now they're friends.

Note to self: dragons made of sparks let you ride them once you stop running, finally.

Video over. We're being told the PS4 is a "game developer's dream."

One more piece of information to share from Square Enix.

Shinji Hashimoto coming out.

Looks like Final Fantasy is coming to PS4.

"Please be excited for E3 this year!"

And that's it. Just be excited, guys. It's coming.

Next up: Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

Yves is also asking deeply dystopian questions about who really controls our cities and our lives.

This is going to be Watch Dogs, which we saw at E3 last year.

Spoiler: it looks really really good.

"Games can be tailored to match your interested and adapt to your needs." But who REALLY controls our cities and our lives, Yves?

The juxaposition of all these dystopian games about surveillance states gone wild with the hype of the PS4 recording everything for sharing on social networks is not going to stop being hilarious.

Watch Dogs is about smart cities. "Everything is connected... today I want you all to discover that everyone is connected. To invade everyone's privacy without them knowing. Once you can invade anyone's lives, anything can happen right in front of you." Watch Dogs tagline or PS4 Facebook / Ustream integration marketing proposal?

This is a live demo of Watch Dogs, there's a guy playing on stage with the new controller.

This looks amazing, but it's fundamentally what we saw at E3 last year... which everyone suspected was for next-gen consoles.

He's walking around the city looking for people who might commit crimes.... and then stopping them before they do it.

Waiting for the section where he inspects what people might want to buy and then forcibly gives them those things.

Wait, he just shot a cop car and ran away.

Next up: Blizzard!

First time they've ever been on stage for any console launch.

Chris Metzen from Blizzard on stage.

"Many of you are probably wondering why an old-school PC game developer is crashing the Sony party tonight." Strategic partnership between Sony and Blizzard to "take over the world."

Blizzard has had a "deep desire to get back into the mix" of console games. "That time is now."

Diablo 3 coming to the PS4 and PS3.

"We have painstakingly optimized our control schemes."

We still haven't actually seen the PS4 yet, in case you're wondering. But Diablo 3 will have four-player co-op mode.

Diablo 3 for PS4 will be demoed at PAX East. You can also play it on your computer, like, right now. It runs on Windows XP.

Next up: Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg.

Activision will support the PS4 with "many of our best titles." More in "the coming months."

Bringing in a new developer that hasn't been on PlayStation in over a decade.

Bungie!

Destiny coming to PS4.

Destiny does look great.

And that was that. Bringing out a lot of people from Bungie now. They're insisting on calling it "PlayStation Nation."

Destiny is a "perfect fit" for the PS4.

Destiny coming to PS3 as well, with exclusive content for PlayStation.

Andrew House coming back, and I get the sense that this is about to finally wind up.

By the way, we still haven't seen the actual PS4.

Sony looks "forward to continuing the conversation."

Yep, we're done. No actual PS4 sighted. But the weird old guy head is back.

Closing with a video of what we've already seen.

It's hard to escape the feeling that Sony held this event a little bit early to get a jump on Microsoft. There wasn't much here at all.

Holiday 2013 for PS4!

And we're done. We're going to go look for that controller, which may or may not be here.

Thanks to The Verge for da blog!

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-20-2013 at 11:42 PM.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Event over. Not much hardware showed but I expected that. The guts of the new device is what mattered to me most. What did y'all think of the live stream presentation tonight?

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    20 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Nothing spectacular at all. Highly questionable cinematics that may or may not have been running on a PS4, hell they didn't even show the console! It was a console reveal without the hardware! Has that ever happened before?

Bungie being on stage was a huge dick shoved up MS's ass though. Then to say that Destiny will run at a constant 60fps at 1080p only on PS4...WOW! Plus exclusive content just for PS4. Seems like Bungie is angry as hell at MS.

MS has to bring their A game though, that's for sure.

Last edited by Macready; 02-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    hell they didn't even show the console! It was a console reveal without the hardware! Has that ever happened before?
    I expected them to do that, if I remember correctly they did something similar with the PS2. Dunno, pricing and showing the actual console will arrive at E3 me thinks.

Bungie being on stage was a huge dick shoved up MS's ass though.
    Hahaha... I know! My brother is a HUGE Xbox dude, he was sitting with me watching this and said his first thought when he saw that was "Traitor!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891021 ... LastLast