My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    No console. No pricing for the console or Playstation Network. A lot of confirmations now from Gametrailers.com and IGN that a lot of the game footage was running on PC's, not a PS4. Lots of shenanigans yet again with Sony. Reminds me of that bullshit Killzone 2 CGI trailer they tried passing off as gameplay for the PS3.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    I thought it was boring. F da PS4

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Add RoadmasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    I thought it was boring. F da PS4

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Finished updating the blog from yesterday's event in case anyone wanted a quick run down of what (little) went down. I know it feels like a let down but I wasn't expecting anything huge, I figured Sony wouldn't show Microsoft EVERYTHING under their skirt. The Bungie thing was the biggest surprise for me... :elstare:

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Well done

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Thank you sir. When do you think we'll see the hardware? And how about Bungie pulling a fast one on us like that? Came outta nowhere to me.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    If sony keeps the price above $500 like they did on the PS3 they'll take another early hit like the one that forced them into releasing like 12 different SKUs and confusion of which PS3 had different features.
    Hehe... That's depressingly true!

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    I will wait for more details to emerge before I decide whether or not I want to get it, but so far I'm not impressed.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, even after they show us the goods I'll probably not make the switch for a couple years. I'm happy with my PS3.

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    Same here, even if I do decide to get it, it will be a couple of years after it launches. I would wait for the price to drop.

Last edited by Freddy316; 02-21-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'll just wait for the inevitable PS4 slim

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, in 5 colors selling months apart.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just a bit of opinion from one of the many annalists, this one from Inside Network senior analyst Billy Pidgeon:

"It's a different industry now, people are buying fewer games discs and more downloadable content, including $.99 titles."

"It really changes the business. What's going to sell PS4 is if it's priced properly and if there are games within the first six months that people can count on. Then it'll do well out of the gate."

"Next year (2014) will be important," he speculated. "I think that'll be the same for both (Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox 720) consoles."

PS4, Xbox 720 may do 'less well'

"It's just the way the economy is, and we've had a extenuated seventh generation, so uptick is going to be slower than people expect."

"It'll be really important to get a broad and deep library of games for this generation even more than the last one."

"It's all going to come down to the games, but I think both consoles are going to do less well than expectations. I think expectations are going to be higher for this next generation."

He also said that one thing that might be tricky for Sony - and for Microsoft as well - is keeping the current console generation viable while rolling out the next-generation.

"If the PS3 falls off too rapidly, Sony would lose a lot of market share". If the PS3 sells after the next gen like the PS2 did, I don't think this would be a problem.

Another potential distraction for consumers who will be deciding whether or not to purchase Sony's PS4 is the presence of new major players in the living room.

Apple and Google have been rumored to be inching their way into the video game market for a while, and Valve is launching its first hardware entry with the Steambox.

Google and Valve may have more of an impact on Sony, while Apple should remain a limited distraction.

"Google really has a chance to execute, and so does Steam. I'm keeping an eye on Steambox."

"There are a lot of details missing: price, format factor, and physical media. The lack of backwards compatibility is understandable as it's completely different architecture, but Sony did give us a hedge that Gaikai could provide that later.

Only, it remains to be seen how much that would cost, as streaming would remain expensive. Peer-to-peer could work, however. Generally, Sony often tries to say too much and has a disorganized, disjointed presentation and lose some clarity of message.

This time it was much more professional and they did have a clear message here. They'll just need to build on it at GDC and E3, and that's really the way to do it."

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 05:10 AM.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    PlayStation 4 will be able to play used games, says Sony...

A Sony patent that was found discussing a disc and device ID that many feared indicated a method of blocking the use of used games. As it turns out, this isn’t the case, with Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida stating after the PS4 event earlier today that it won’t block used games.

Unfortunately, Sony failed to address the concerns during the event, leaving people to further wonder about the future of used games. To solve this, the folks over at Eurogamer sat down with Shuhei Yoshida after the event and asked the question that so many people have been wondering: will used games be blocked? The initial response was a rather coy question back:

“Do you want us to do that?”

The answer, of course, was no. Said the Eurogamer interviewer, buying a used game implies the ability to pass it on and the retention of a certain degree of value. When asked if he agreed with that, Yoshida responded in the affirmative. “That’s the general expectation by consumers,” he said. “They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that’s my expectation.”

When pressed about whether an individual who purchases a PlayStation 4 disc will be able to turn around and sell that disc to another gamer, the Sony Worldwide Studio’s President balked a bit, seeking clarification from a PR rep. He eventually offered this response, only partially side-stepping the question: “So, used games can play on PlayStation 4. How is that?” That’s enough to assuage concerns.

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 05:29 AM.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just another shot of the controller and shit:

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolute Blue View Post
    Finished updating the blog from yesterday's event in case anyone wanted a quick run down of what (little) went down. I know it feels like a let down but I wasn't expecting anything huge, I figured Sony wouldn't show Microsoft EVERYTHING under their skirt. The Bungie thing was the biggest surprise for me... :elstare:
    Actually what little went down was a huge blow to MS. The specs of the PS4 they revealed are higher than any of the rumored or speculated specs for the next Xbox.

The big news with Blizzard isn't the fact they are bringing Diablo 3 to PS4 but the fact they actually said there is a Blizzard/Sony partnership. This could mean that Blizzard may develop games exclusively for the PS4...that's big.

Then you have Bungie on stage at a Sony presser for a new console reveal. Not only do they show off Destiny but actually say it will look and run best on the PS4 (this could very well be solid evidence that MS's console is not up to spec to the PS4) and the PS4 gets exclusive content. This right here is equivelant to the shower rape scene in American History X.

As boring as the conference was there is no way you can say it was uneventful. Sony has firmly drawn a line in the sand and the ball is now in MS's court. If MS's reveal shows weaker spec's and a focus on more Kinect and interactive TV garbage the next Xbox is dead before it even gets manufactured.

Last edited by Macready; 02-21-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    As boring as the conference was there is no way you can say it was uneventful. Sony has firmly drawn a line in the sand and the ball is now in MS's court. If MS's reveal shows weaker spec's and a focus on more Kinect and interactive TV garbage the next Xbox is dead before it even gets manufactured.
    So you would then agree with that analyst about Sony's presentation overall?

"This time it was much more professional and they did have a clear message here. They'll just need to build on it at GDC and E3, and that's really the way to do it."
    I guess some of us crazy/inpatient gamers wanted a bigger pretty light show but I like the way you put it. It's pretty spot on sir.

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    They did a console reveal, it wasn't supposed to be E3. It was what it was and in saying that they knocked it out of the park. It will take a lot for MS to top what the PS4 is offering as far as games. The negatives were no pricing for the console, no pricing for online, and no hardware. The no hardware part really has me scratching my head.

But as for what the PS4 can do, Sony's continuing dedicationto games first and foremost, partnership with Blizzard, Bungie's statements which still have many people's jaw's dropped, they could not have had a better reveal.

What that did is set up for what could be the best E3 ever. MS is in a shitload of trouble.

This is coming from someone who doesn't have a PS3, loves his 360, and thinks Sony's online structure is pure shit.

Last edited by Macready; 02-21-2013 at 05:57 AM.

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    This is coming from someone who doesn't have a PS3, loves his 360, and thinks Sony's online structure is pure shit.
    Well your the first Xbox user I've seen admit that. That's the two bigger eyebrow raisers for me, Blizzard and Bungie. Dunno how they pulled it off and how they convinced them to join the ranks. You talked about Kinect and other interactive stuff from Microsoft, I wonder what else they'll be able to offer that's on the same scale or bigger than just those two Sony wins: Blizzard and Bungie.

Microsoft is dropping the ball on several fronts... Surface Tablet prices don't make sense, Windows Mobile is stuttering...

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 02-21-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    [SIZE=3]Well your the first Xbox user I've seen admit that.
    I have always been a lover of video games. I am quite knowledgable on the subject and follow everything very closely. If I haven't devoted so many years and money to the 360 I would have gotten a PS3 when Microsoft began pushing Kinect and it's shovelware down our throats and making an amazing studio like RARE design avatar items and even more Kinect garbage.

It's amazing how MS has lost complete concentration on what made their console so amazing to begin with, the games. They have no new first party IP's and keep. They keep recycling the ones they have, Halo, Gears, Forza...etc.

Back to RARE. Where is a new Conker? Where is a new Killer Instinct? How about other dev's that gave them great exclusives in the past like Crimson Skies. Nope nothing. Instead Major Nelson reports 2 days ago that they have secured a second season of the MS exclusive show of The LeBron's only on Xbox. Really?!

I am on my 7th 360 all due to hardware failures. The last 3 I paid for because they were no longer under warranty. So to see MS seemingly give up on games and move to gimmicks, apps, and "interactive TV" is both an insult and disappointing. I will gladly jump ship to Sony if they don't show they are going back to what made their console so great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101122 ... LastLast