Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    The backward comparability is whatever. This should never be anything but a normal feature, especially with MS. With sony i can understand having some issues with this because of the hardware and software differences, but with XBoc's this should be a feature no matter what.
    But since console lack basic features they should have anyways, this is made out to be "news" worthy.

But whatever, this was not what my comment was about.
    My comment was directed toward the suggestion and promotion of LAN. What percentage of modern gamer even knows what a LAN is? As if its something note worthy or worthy of news. Id be willing to bet 999 out of 1000 people who own XBox's dont even know what a LAN is. Let alone be apt to do it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DMHead777; 06-23-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Clearly.
    My confusion on why they would think highlighting something that has not been used in gaming for... 20 years? because of how painful the process was definitely equates to your meme.

"Yah, i dont understand why the new Ford has an engine hand crank and why theyre bragging about it"
    "Well clearly you lack happiness"

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 06-23-2017 at 08:40 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

It was a joke, take it easy

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Throw another dev on the pile who has come out to say that the X1X fails in the 4k department. Killing Floor 2, according to the developer, suffers "significant frame rate drop" when trying to run in 4k on the X1X. As such, the game will run at 1800p on the X1X. MS's "true 4k" console sure is having a lot of problems with living up to that title.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/...-2-in-full-4k/

From the article:

Since unveiling the Xbox One X at E3 2017, Microsoft has done plenty of boasting about the system’s power, but it seems the system may not be quite as thoroughly future-proofed as the company claims it is. The Xbox One X isn’t even out yet, and developers are already bumping up against the edges of what it’s capable of.

According to Killing Floor 2 developer Tripwire Interactive, the Xbox One X is very easy to work with, but it doesn’t have the power to play their game in full 4k resolution (2160p) without sacrificing framerate…

“Killing Floor 2 runs at native 1800p [...] on Xbox One X. We did experiment with true 4k rendering, but the frame rate drop was a bit too significant. We don’t have a specific frame rate target for XBox One X, although the game does run at higher frame rates than the base Xbox One, even at 1800p resolution."

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Starting August 31st, Taco Hell is having a promotion where you can win an Xbox One X. Similar to the Gold PS4 promo they did before, this offers customers a chance to win the console by getting a code from a Steak Quesarito $5 box. Apparently people win this all the time as I see stories and photo proof on Reddit. Just need to buy a Steak Quesarito box and you'll get a code.

Beginning August 31, each Taco Bell $5 Box will include a unique code for consumers to text in for a chance to win the new Xbox One X. Boxes will be available during the promotion from August 31 to October 4 at participating Taco Bell locations while supplies last. Throughout the duration of the promotion, a potential winner will be notified on an average of every 10 minutes. Winners will be the first to get their hands on the Xbox One X, as well as win Forza Motorsport 7 and a three-month Xbox Game Pass subscription with their console.
    https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/01/xbo...ell-promotion/

Regardless what you think of the console, I love that places do this kind of stuff. I actually know a person who won a gold ps4 from the Taco Bell sweepstakes, so this isn't too shabby.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

That Xbox Gamescom was absolute trash. It was an hour and a half of useless information and CGI trailers. Buddy and I sat through it just for an Xbox One X pre order announcement and there was one.

I pre-ordered the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition which has a custom "Project Scorpio" on the front of the console and controller. Plus a nice looking box. No difference than the regular Xbox One X, but still pretty neat to own. Friend and I thought Microsoft would pull a "Day One Edition" and have these be available until like a few weeks before release, but surprising enough they sold out in less than an hour on all the major sites. So, watching this piece of shit Gamescom was worth it.

I love how they were pushing Mixxer through the entire thing. Apparently the thing is a broken mess and constantly crashes on people. It was pretty cringe worthy to hear.

I am aware there are no good AAA exclusives coming out for PS4 or Xbox for this holiday, but this is a nice little piece of tech to own. Microsoft and the Xbox has gotten me through a lot of hard times and I still love how Microsoft listens to their fans and puts out a quality product. I just wish their games lineup supported the release of this thing, but I have a open mind for 2018. Console games will look great on this. Looking forward to nabbing a new TV with the release.

Last edited by DMHead777; 08-20-2017 at 07:23 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

So, a pretty cool part on Microsoft here.

If you are part of the Xbox Games Pass membership, you get all future Xbox exclusives for what you pay for the membership per month. If you are unfamiliar with Xbox Games Pass, well I'll explain.

It's basically a Netflix for Xbox. There are around 100+ games on the service. Obviously, they can't all be winners, but some notable games are: Costume Quest 2, Darksiders, Darksiders 2: Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Definitive Edition, Dead Rising 3, Gears of War 4, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Halo 5: Guardians, Halo Wars 2, Layers of Fear, Mad Max, Mass Effect, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, plus a butt load of 360 games and more.

There are a lot of crap on there, but more than enough to justify the $10 a month price tag. Especially if you're a gamer that goes through games a lot anyway. If you were to buy the games above outright, you're looking at least over $100. But, the cool thing is..

Microsoft announced that future exclusives will be on there, day 1. So, members get Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and all future Microsoft exclusives for the same rate you've been paying. They are your games as long as you stay in the program.

Future $60 games that I'd for sure buy all for the same price of $10 a month. It's fantastic as long as they announce some more exclusives down the line. Nintendo and Sony are killing it with exclusives lately.

Last edited by DMHead777; 01-27-2018 at 07:01 AM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

If you haven‘t tried Xbox Game Pass Ultimate yet, get your first 3 months for $1
    For a limited time, all eligible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get 1 month of EA Access, 3 months of Discord Nitro, and 6 months of Spotify Premium

Let’s get into this good stuff. We’ve got too many good games we need to share. If you haven‘t tried Xbox Game Pass Ultimate yet, we’ve got your first 3 months for $1. I did not type that wrong, it’s 3 months for you to give all these games a shot for just $1. Plus, while we know you’re all here for the games, your Xbox Game Pass Membership gets you a bunch of other things (like discounts on DLC, buying games in our library, etc.), we’re excited to add more to this list for the holidays.

We’ve teamed up with some of our favorites to unlock a magical gaming holiday for all our Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. For a limited time, all eligible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get 1 month of EA Access, 3 months of Discord Nitro, and 6 months of Spotify Premium included as part of their member benefits. That’s not justto new Ultimate members, these perks are for all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. Just go to the membership area on your console and grab yours. It’s like a gift, but to yourself! And you don’t have to wrap it!

And now that we’ve got your attention and you’ve got all these new holiday perks, we’ll just keep piling on with all the new games we announced at X019.

That’s a lot of games, so here’s a list of what you can play today:

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (PC)
    Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Console, coming soon to PC)
    Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition (PC)
    LEGO: The Ninjago Movie Videogame (Console)
    Rage 2 (Console & PC)
    Remnant: From the Ashes (Console)
    The Talos Principle (Console & PC)
    Tracks: The Train Set Game (Console & PC)

And here’s another list of games coming to Xbox Game Pass beginning this holiday and throughout 2020.

Carrion (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Cris Tales (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Cyber Shadow (Console & PC)
    Darksiders III (Console & PC)
    Double Kick Heroes (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Drake Hollow (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Edge of Eternity (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Final Fantasy franchise (Console & PC)
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XV
    Forager (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Haven (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    It Lurks Below (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Levelhead (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 & 5 (Console)
    My Friend Pedro (Console/PC)
    Pandemic (PC)
    PHOGS (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    She Dreams Elsewhere (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    SkateBird (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Streets of Rage 4 (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Scourge Bringer (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    Supraland (Console) – ID@Xbox
    Tekken 7 (Console)
    Touhou Luna Nights (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
    The Escapists 2 (Console)
    The Red Lantern (Console) – ID@Xbox
    The Red Strings Club (PC)
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Console)
    Vambrace: Cold Soul (Console & PC)
    West of Dead (Console & PC)
    Yakuza franchise (Console & PC)
    Yakuza 0
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Yakuza Kiwami 2

I’m betting you hadn’t forgotten our promise to bring Xbox Game Studios games to Xbox Game Pass the same day as their launch – like Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which celebrates the 20th anniversary of the most popular strategy games ever! Pretty sure I mentioned before that it’s available today, but it’s worth saying again, it’s available today.

And a just a few short weeks later, we’re bringing Halo: The Master Chief Collection to PC for the first time, starting with Halo: Reach on December 3. Now optimized for PC, experience the revered campaign and the pivotal battle for the planet Reach as Noble team fights to save humanity’s last stronghold.

There is also an updated bundle for console, which includes Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. Plus, since it’s included with your Xbox Game Pass membership, you can pre-install now, so you’re ready to play on day one!

Beyond Dec, there are even more Xbox Game Studios titles coming in 2020:

Bleeding Edge (Console & PC)
    Grounded (Console & PC)
    Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC)
    Minecraft Dungeons (Console & PC)
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Console & PC)
    Tell Me Why (Console & PC)
    Wasteland 3 (Console & PC)
    I just fucking bought Rage 2 as well. Still a pretty solid deal for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I say it's worth it, I got Outer Worlds for "free" as well as many other games that are on there.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/...xbox-series-x/

The Xbox One X Series X Version XXX

Yet another SKU for M$

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'm very down for this. I love me my Xbox and this is giving off some impressive console promises. PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox X Series next holiday baby

Plus, the trailer they released for Hellblade II looks pretty cool. Although, I haven't played the first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1728293031323334353637