Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    24 hours after Orth's tweet MS released this:

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

Why would it take them 24 hours to release an obviously canned statement???????? I believe what Orth said has merit and has done damage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    If you're expecting M$ to come out and try to "sell" the always on DRM as a feature at E3 then think again. They wont even mention it. If they're pressed on it (which they will be at press conferences) they'll give 1/2 answers and side step until closer to release when they'll spill the beans to a magazine when folks that care about gaming will hear about it but the mainstream will be too enamored with the prospects of a new system/Halo to really care.

Really I don't give a crap, aside from console exclusives I'm out of the console "game"

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    Yea pretty much and they've been very silent about the whole always online being true or not. If it was a false rumor, wouldn't they come out and say it's false?

Also Strt, yea I wouldn't be surprised if they say nothing about this whole situation at E3 or any other conference. They'll be asked about it but they won't fully answer.

Last edited by Halcon Loco; 04-05-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,907

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    Really I don't give a crap, aside from console exclusives I'm out of the console "game"
    I agree. I mean it sucks that it's going to be always online. But, as I said before, I don't recall my internet connection going out for a long period of time besides like once or twice a year. The last thing I do is panic and play video games. I either work or go to school during those times so, I don't really care if I'm not able to play my Xbox for a short time.

But for the hardcore gamers out there that spend hours and hours and hours every single day, then I feel for them. It just doesn't really pertain to me. I'll still be purchasing it, along with the PS4 and you know what? If it goes down for a day or two, then I won't be complaining. I have plenty of other things I can be doing.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I didn't care about the always online until I read deeper. Again only rumors but the always online will enforce the no used games policy. What that means is if you have no internet connection you can't play ANYTHING...period. I'm always online but the way they seem to be building this console is to punish true gamers.

I care more about them concentrating on apps and XBOX TV feature than first party developer exclusives. They bought Rare, where is Conker? Where is Kameo? Rare is working on Kinect shovelware and avatar items! Crimson Skies anyone?

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Yeah the whole media hub thing is a turn off. I care more about gaming then anything else. As I said before, if they make one a media hub and one not, I'd prefer that. But, that won't happen so

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Add RoadmasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Champagne problems yes but folks spend good money to be entertained. Lives are hard and playing games is a great stress reliever. If the thing that's supposed to entertain you and help you let out some steam ends up pissing you off and frustrating you further that's a big fail.

We shouldn't be surprised that M$ would do this but we do have the right to demand answers and demand they serve their customers with more respect and consideration. We have the right to do this but of course we don't expect our wishes to be heard and acted upon.

The PlayStation network outage caused a lot of head aches. Took quite some time for that mess to get sorted. You can clearly see how vulnerable our online networks are. Why should we be stopped from playing a game we spent good money on because M$ networks are down? Stand alone games should stick around.

The stress relief aspect of gaming is real. Medical research proves that. You look at our service members over seas or on on board a ship at sea. So they wouldn't be able to play the Xbox because they're not connected online? Pretty shitty deal. After a tough day of work being able to chill with your friends and play some Halo is a nice luxury to have.

Relying on an online connection to play is just wrong and unfair. Champagne problems but it doesn't mean it's not bullshit.

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 04-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This was their big announcement last week:

This year kicked off with tons of great new apps on Xbox LIVE for our members around the world. In the first three months we’ve welcomed NHL GameCenter, Neon Alley, Telemundo, Crunchyroll, Slacker, Redbox Instant by Verizon, GameTrailers, CanalPlay Infinity and VEVO TV. The train keeps rolling as we’re adding a bunch of cool entertainment apps and updates this week*, including Game of Thrones actions coming to Xbox SmartGlass.

Xbox SmartGlass for Game of Thrones Season 3 (United States)
    Discover even more of Game of Thrones® with HBO GO® and Xbox SmartGlass for your Windows 8 tablet or iPad. As the story unfolds on your TV, Xbox SmartGlass allows you to use your tablet as a companion guide to unlock exclusive content – including interactive maps, detailed character guides, cast and crew commentaries, behind-the-scenes extras and more – right at your fingertips. Now, you can control your Game of Thrones viewing experience like never before.

MLB.TV Refresh (United States, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Japan, Ireland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Russia, Poland, Colombia, Chile, South Africa, Czech Republic)
    MLB.TV on Xbox 360 is refreshing, including a new look and adding some new features that make watching baseball on Xbox better than ever. Access more than 1,430 Major League Baseball games live or on-demand, follow your favorite teams and get the best highlights and game recaps instantly. The updated MLB.TV includes a full view of game progress with base-runners and pitch-count, all without leaving the game you’re watching. Also, it allows you to get a quick view of the day’s MLB action with game progress including scores, base-runners and upcoming games. The refreshed app is more personalized and once you pick your favorite teams, the app will instantly start up with what you care about most – live games, clips and highlights, and game recaps of your favorite teams.

IndieFlix (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand)
    IndieFlix on Xbox 360 brings the Film Festival home. Award-winning independent movies, shorts, documentaries, animation and web series from around the world. Discover films that launch careers, blaze new trails, and that actors and directors make for the love of the craft. Try it free at indieflix.com/xbox. Every great film deserves an audience.

Revision 3 (United States, Australia, Canada)
    With Revision 3, watch the best TV shows from the internet right on your Xbox 360. Access tens of thousands of Revision3 videos, including all original weekly and daily episodic and community driven programs. And with Kinect for Xbox 360 you can control your shows with a wave of your hand or the sound of your voice.

PopcornFlix (United States)
    With Popcornflix on Xbox 360, stream hundreds of films instantly at no additional cost with your Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. Watch a wide range of genres including comedy, action, thriller, romance, family and many more. New films added every day. Get your popcorn and enjoy.

Toys “R” Us Movies (United States)
    Watch the movies and TV shows kids love, instantly on your Xbox 360! Toys"R"Us Movies gives you instant access to thousands of family-friendly digital movies and TV shows for rental and purchase. Find the hottest new movie releases and TV shows selected just for your family and you can shop by age or your favorite characters! Watch at home or on the go – available on hundreds of devices and now on Xbox 360!

There’s tons of great entertainment on Xbox LIVE launching this week so go check out the new experiences for yourself. Give it some time, though, it may take a few days for everything to rollout.

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    I know I definitely will not be buying the console if it requires a constant internet connection just to function and play single-player games. Wouldn't want to deal with the headache of the connection going out and not being able to play any games until the connection problems are fixed. Would suck to be in the middle of a good game and then the connection goes out causing the game to stop. Screw that

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    These guys are reminding me more and more of EA.

Evil Hall of Fame Ballot
    Subject: Electronic Arts

Evil DRM ... check
    Microtransactions ... check
    Turn off servers still in use ... check
    Copy/paste games ... check
    Selling games that don't work ... check
    Origin ... check

Last edited by RoadmasteR; 04-05-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-04-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Agreed. Always thought it was stupid how Netflix was only available to Gold Members when its free everywhere else
    Agreed... and loving the Roku

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...eports-suggest

Named just "Xbox", Microsoft's machine will be "expensive" and cost around $500 (roughly £326, although likely higher in the UK). A lower price $300 (£195) model will also be available with some form of subscription.
    The other machine is a new budget-priced Xbox 360 model, code-named "Stingray". Due for release later this year, the device will cost just $99 (£65). Thurrot suggested this may mean Microsoft's new Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games.
    $500 is pricey but still not as bad as the $600 or $700 PS3 initial price. This new speculation about not being backwards compatible is a personal hot spot for me...it takes next to no effort to include BC (especially on MS systems since they're PC based) so not including it is just another way of dicking over the consumer.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I don't understand why they wouldn't do the BC. It would just make the average joe not play the new system. If his/her favorite games are on the old system, then why be so eager on purchasing and spending time/money on a new one?

Idiots

500 bucks is not that bad though.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    One really has to question their dedication to gamers at this point.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/8/4196...-ericsson-xbox

Microsoft has agreed to sell Mediaroom, its IPTV business, to Ericsson, the companies announced today, and Microsoft said that going forward, the Xbox will be "100 percent of [the company's] focus" on television.

"With the sale of Mediaroom, Microsoft is dedicating all TV resources to Xbox in a continued mission to make it the premium entertainment service that delivers all the games and entertainment consumers want — whether on a console, phone, PC or tablet," Mehdi added. "We will partner with content creators, studios, labels, networks, content aggregators, operators and distributors to make this happen."

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Wow, this hurts. I am a huge Xbox fanboy, but I can't ignore all this crap.

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    damn...from the sound of all this shit I won't mind waiting for this to drop down to the 250 300 price level...I will continue with my xbox 360, PS3 and NES to keep my gamin needs happy

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

The Rottweiler
    The Hound of Horror

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add Halcon Loco on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Hawk Wesker PSN ID KryptixHawk
    What the hell Microsoft?!

Si usted no puede correr con los perros grandes permanecer en el porche!

Number of Horror Movies Seen- 1,907

AKA, Roaduardo
    KTBFFH!

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Interesting. Does this mean us consumers can continue to "go against the grain" when it comes to this trend in gaming consoles? Should consumers keep shouting at MS and Sony for better customer options or should we just ignore it?

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    They're just looking for a reason to charge even more for their membership now

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RoadmasteR View Post
    Interesting. Does this mean us consumers can continue to "go against the grain" when it comes to this trend in gaming consoles? Should consumers keep shouting at MS and Sony for better customer options or should we just ignore it?
    Does it really matter? In the end Microsoft/Sony will do what they want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121324 ... LastLast