This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Decepticons in pretty much all the lore, are just as colorful and unique as the autobots.

In Bayformers besides arguably the first film. They all look like metallic, grey shit pallet swaps. Like they designed them that way because they didn't want to confuse the audience on who the 'good bots' were and the 'bad ones'. Just make one side very colorful and bright and make the other one the same shade of shit.

The 3rd film would've been the best film IMO had...

1. The human garbage villain element had been removed (Patrick Dempsey)
    2. The original ending been kept in tact
    3. The only Decepticon to survive until the last film, didn't go out in such a chump way (Starscream)
    4. The Megan Fox fiasco didn't happen, the rewrites clearly hurt the film, not that the writing was that good to begin with. The idea that a chump like Sam could've gotten two world class hotties was a stretch at best. It was already a stretch in the prior two films and it was only believable because they were forced into the same predicaments

The 4th film looks pretty much the same.

1. Colorful Autobots
    2. Grey looking Decepticons
    3. Random hotty that nobody gives a shit about
    4. Decepticon invasion conveniently happens once the Autobots come out of hiding

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Red; 03-13-2014 at 04:13 PM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    My son is dying for me to take him to see this. I would see it anyway but I love watching him watch movies that he truly enjoys. The look on his face is priceless and makes me think back to when I was a kid and that awesome feeling I would have sitting with my father watching a movie in the theater that I was totally digging.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0
    good lord this movie was shit. Complete and absolute shit. Grimlock is heavily promoted in the previews for this movie. Its like they are saying "hey look! We put the dinobots in it! You wanted them even though Michael bay didn't so here you go!" aaand they're barely in the movie. Seriously they show up in like the last 30 to 45 minutes of this WAY to long movie. Like 2 and a half hours or something. Then the dinobots DIDN'T EVEN FREAKIN TALK! That's right. Grimlock, one of the most famous autobot personalities in Transformers, doesn't even say a word. None of them do. They're not even referred to as dinobots just "legendary warriors". Hell they don't even explain why they're dinosaurs. The movie is called age of extinction and they start the movie with back in the days of the dinos so I thought oh maybe this will segue into why they are dinosaurs buuuut no. They didn't even do much of anything. They just showed up and killed a bunch of nameless drone bad guys. you now, the same kinda bad guys we saw the last 3 times they made this movie. When it comes to the big fight at the end instead of getting the huge warriors to help you Optimus goes "go guard that bridge over there" and that's the end of that. They go guard a bridge for no reason. Then someone actually does say one of there names. Somebody calls one "Spike". Which I find funny because there isn't one named Spike. The one name they choose to say real quick, and its a made up name.

Then comes Mark Wahlberg. The guy is made for the "military" type roles, and this franchise is always heavy on that so its a no brainer that...wait what? He's a robotics inventor? what?? You can't put glasses on Mark Wahlberg and have him inventing stuff that's ridiculous! But yet that's what you get here. Oh and his daughter, she cracked me up. Shes the Victoria secret Megan Fox stand in that Michael Bay sees as the only kind of woman that exists I guess. A lot of shots in her in short shorts.

The autobots themselves are a bit odd. I gotta admit I did like Hound voiced by John Goodman, he's pretty cool. I kinda liked how they were all pretty angry in this movie. Optimus is pretty pissed off in this flick. There are 2 other autobots that are very weird. Crosshairs, who's name I finally heard like 2 hours into the movie, looks like Loki without the helmet and Drift, who's name I only saw in the end credits, looks like a samurai for some odd reason. And he acts like the stereotypical "enlightened" one because we all know if you're Japanese in movies you gotta have something to do with Martial Arts right? Bumblebee was cool, I've actually always liked him. He did talk a bit to much in this though. I don't mean "talk" like the other guys, but he did the radio signal thing so much it seemed like he had a voice this time. Why not just give him one.

Galvatron was just a shiny version of Megatron, but atleast Frank Welker did his voice this time. I do have to admit I highly enjoyed Lockdown. He was a boring dumb sports car in vehicle form, but his robot form was really cool. The gun that came out of his face was a nice touch, but he wasn't enough to save this crap. Oh and optimus pulls out his jet pack in this one cuz all of a sudden he can fly sometimes but not much. Only when its convenient of course. And he did something in the end that made no sense at all.

Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer were great, but that's no reason to see this movie. Its awful, stay away.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I take it we get no mention or reason of absence of any of the humans that mysteriously disappeared from the previous 3 movies?

Not that its a huge deal, nevertheless...

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 459
    TOLD.

YOU.

ALL.

SO.

WHAT? WHAT?

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    I take it we get no mention or reason of absence of any of the humans that mysteriously disappeared from the previous 3 movies?

Not that its a huge deal, nevertheless...
    not a single word about them. I personally didn't care whether they were there or not, but it would have been nice for Optimus to say "there was this kid Sam..." But no. No one in the previous movies are even mentioned.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Holy shit did this movie make bank! It also has a CinemaScore of an A- which is not easy. That is pretty damn amazing with how widely bashed this film is.

The Michael Bay-directed sequel opened domestically with an estimated $100 million and roughly $201 million worldwide, with an estimated $90 million of that coming from China (where the film's last act takes place). This makes Transformers: Age of Extinction the year's biggest international opening, besting X-Men: Days of Future Past, and the biggest debut ever in China for an imported movie.

The film -- which received an "A-" CinemaScore from audiences -- also marks the biggest opening of star Mark Wahlberg's career.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...ource=facebook

Last edited by Macready; 06-29-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    That pretty much guarantee's the new trilogy and beyond.

Not sure what to say really. Studio execs look at that and think Bay Bay Bay, but I'd wager is way more the brand name 'Transformers' than it is Bay. Sure fanboys will go see it because they like Bay, like any other director or whatnot with a fanbase.

Same thing will happen with TMNT and anything else with name recognition that just so happens to have his name associated with the title.

I'm guess what im ranting about is the obvious...for anyone who wants Bay and his style to go away anytime soon. For anyone whose complained about him over the last decade plus (myself included)...

We won't be getting that anytime ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    Oh and his daughter, she cracked me up. Shes the Victoria secret Megan Fox stand in that Michael Bay sees as the only kind of woman that exists I guess. A lot of shots in her in short shorts.
    Yeah at this point, im just gonna go with...

1. Bay can't get a credible actress to work with him
    2. Victoria secret models command much less money and will take more projects to get into the film business any way they can
    3. Sexual favors for sure

Last edited by Red; 06-29-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 459
    Thanks, planet earth...looks like we have more decades of ignorant troglodytes to look forward to.

Last edited by Toby; 06-29-2014 at 06:05 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch
    My son was bouncing off the walls to see this, so I took him to watch it yesterday.. I could go into a lengthy rant, but suffice to say, Chief pretty much has already said everything I was going to say... Why the FUCK couldn't Bay have given us old-school fans one single "Me Grimlock.."?!!! .. fucking dickweed...

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Would it been so hard for Grimlock to talk just one time? I mean come on.

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    These movies are a ton of shit.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I'm confused. I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about this film yet it was #1 again and falling just shy of the 200 million mark in the US alone! To top it off the Cinema Score for this is an A, which means audience reviews are highly positive.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I think it means people have horrible taste in films. It's those people that make Bay rich. I just don't get it.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Britney Spears...Justin Bieber...these people are a bigger mystery to me than how much money Michael Bay films make at the box office. And look at what tops the ratings on TV compared to actual good shows that have to fight to stay alive.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 07-06-2014 at 03:27 PM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    If he actually made one above average film. I think most people would forgive the immature, over the top films he's made.

Sadly, for as much as he does things that way, I think he's a great puppet too.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Pain and Gain

It's the only film of his that I can stand to watch again, apart from moments in The Rock (but I don't think I could make it through the whole thing from top to bottom).

Would it been so hard for Grimlock to talk just one time? I mean come on.
    JJ Abrams pretends to be a true fan, so he makes lame attempts to prove his fanboi image. Michael Bay doesn't even try. He's not a fan, not really, the franchise is just giving him an excuse to play with big robots. It simply doesn't compute in his lizard brain why it would be so important to fans, if you're going to have a fucking dinobot T-Rex anyway, just fucking give people what they want. He's an asshole that way and it's no surprise four films in he's not interested in what Transformers fans really want to see.

And he and his toady producer don't think it's fair to judge their films based on character and story and all that business and have gone on record, in practically a "leave Britney Alone!" way to request folks stop bullying them about making bad film.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 07-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    Pain and Gain

It's the only film of his that I can stand to watch again, apart from moments in The Rock (but I don't think I could make it through the whole thing from top to bottom).
    Agreed, when I watched it I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, I expected to hate it. I went in totally biased against liking it, because Michael Bay. I ended up laughing through most of it and really liked how ridiculously zany and stupid the characters were. Normally stupid people bug me but they were just funny here. And The Rock was best in show, per usual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast