View Poll Results: Vote for the BEST list

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renacimiento

    4 19.05%
  • DMhead777

    11 52.38%
  • Hommie

    6 28.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61



  1. #21
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,861
    Threads
    349
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 180
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I wrote something for each pick, broke down how I narrowed it down, and also gave reason for my final pick. Can't do that each time the same people are up for voting though because it would obviously be repetitive.

    ...and I will check out The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  2. #22
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

    Round 1 Match 1....3 Way opener Renacimiento Vs Dmhead777 Vs Hommie

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Drink_Your_Blood View Post
    I was under the assumption we were voting for how much we liked the films, not 'what they did' for the horror genre. At least that's how I vote. I don't see the point in pretending to like certain films more than others just because they're critically acclaimed, spawned a million sequels, cross-overs, and copycats, or because of some cult status that the horror majority bless them with.

    Film is subjective; it's an art form. You can't quantify art, and people are going to like different things.

    Admittedly, people should maybe have to score the lists to prove that the list they are voting for is the one they like the best. This would remove any voter ambiguity. Although, for the most part, I don't really see a problem with the voting so far.
    And I was under the assumption we
    We're voting on the best list and not the popular movie with a person. If I
    Voted on movies I liked, dmhead would win this in a landslide because Hellraiser is possibly my favorite horror movie ever. And I don't want my rant to be seen as me swaying anyone vote, I don't care if someone thinks Renac's movies are the bees knees... I just don't comprehend how a half hour short movie, no matter how amazing you think it is, beats out two of what are considered the greatest horror films ever... My only way to rationalizem it Is I hate the Beatles... I hated how everyone told me they were the best band ever... So to that degree I don't like them... But I do agree they probally are the best band ever.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #23
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

    Round 1 Match 1....3 Way opener Renacimiento Vs Dmhead777 Vs Hommie

    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    I wrote something for each pick, broke down how I narrowed it down, and also gave reason for my final pick. Can't do that each time the same people are up for voting though because it would obviously be repetitive.

    ...and I will check out The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
    It's a great example of a European zombie movie

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #24
    Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES
     
    strtfghtr's Avatar
    Status
    Online
    Last Online
    8 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Member #
    13259
    Location
    Bungleville, CT
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,985
    Threads
    220
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 441
    Given: 225
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ.W View Post
    It's more commonly known as 'The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue'...

    So I have seen it. When I googled the spanish title it came up as Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, I didn't bother looking at all the alternate titles. It's a good zombie flick, so that's 2 off of Renaci's list I've seen and my vote doesn't change.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Fools believe bullshit without evaluation. Fools believe bullshit without reason, because they like the story or they want to fit in. Fools believe bullshit that has no scientific basis, or in some cases, directly conflicts with scientific knowledge. But foolishness can be cured. We have all been fools at one time or another, and intelligent people learn from their foolish mistakes and try not to make them again." - Dave Silverman

    All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

    https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

  5. #25
    UHM Emissary
    The Flicks Fix needs your
    input!
     
    Primetimeloser's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Member #
    16319
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,248
    Threads
    129
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Follow Primetimeloser On Twitter Add Primetimeloser on Facebook Add Primetimeloser on Google+
    Visit Primetimeloser's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 512
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Drink_Your_Blood View Post
    I was under the assumption we were voting for how much we liked the films, not 'what they did' for the horror genre. At least that's how I vote. I don't see the point in pretending to like certain films more than others just because they're critically acclaimed, spawned a million sequels, cross-overs, and copycats, or because of some cult status that the horror majority bless them with.

    Film is subjective; it's an art form. You can't quantify art, and people are going to like different things.
    I have to agree with that. As much as I love Evil Dead 2 and Zombi 2 there are some films on both of those lists I just fon't care for. Overall I liked more films on Ren's list hence why I voted for them. It boils down to taste and things can still be influential just in different ways.

    I don't think this debate wouldn't bug me so much each time if the "voting for friends" thing didn't keep coming up. Honestly I don't even pay attention names until I've decided and need to click on the poll.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #26
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,861
    Threads
    349
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 180
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I love everyone equally so it boils down to if you have shitty movies or if you don't have shitty movies

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  7. #27
    Baron Blood
    Eater of rabies infected meat
    pies
     
    I_Drink_Your_Blood's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    02-13-2014

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Member #
    17656
    Location
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Posts
    1,312
    Threads
    6
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    And I was under the assumption we
    We're voting on the best list and not the popular movie with a person. If I
    Voted on movies I liked, dmhead would win this in a landslide because Hellraiser is possibly my favorite horror movie ever. And I don't want my rant to be seen as me swaying anyone vote, I don't care if someone thinks Renac's movies are the bees knees... I just don't comprehend how a half hour short movie, no matter how amazing you think it is, beats out two of what are considered the greatest horror films ever... My only way to rationalizem it Is I hate the Beatles... I hated how everyone told me they were the best band ever... So to that degree I don't like them... But I do agree they probally are the best band ever.
    The best list for me is the one which is filled with the films I like the most, so it depends on your interpretation. I know where you're coming from in some respects, but cinematic importance and cult status has never been important to me when I rate a film; it comes down purely to my enjoyment/how the material effects me or makes me feel inside. To me, voting on something you don't particularly like just because it is 'important' is extremely odd, but I'm not knocking your voting process; 'tis all subjective after all. I can remain objective in some respects, and agree and empathize re: The Beatles analogy, however there is no way I would ever vote for The Beatles over a band I loved like Coil, just because The Beatles were more well-loved and 'important' within the history of music. That just seems foolish, at least to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    It's a great example of a European zombie movie
    Agreed. I love The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, and much prefer it to the likes of Romero's Dawn of the Dead and Fulci's Zombie.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #28
    Baron Blood
    Eater of rabies infected meat
    pies
     
    I_Drink_Your_Blood's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    02-13-2014

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Member #
    17656
    Location
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Posts
    1,312
    Threads
    6
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    I love everyone equally so it boils down to if you have shitty movies or if you don't have shitty movies
    Exactly. I have no bias here; it's all about the lovely (or not so lovely) films!

    I'm a very objective voter, although I vote in a subjective way

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #29
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

    Round 1 Match 1....3 Way opener Renacimiento Vs Dmhead777 Vs Hommie

    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeloser View Post
    I have to agree with that. As much as I love Evil Dead 2 and Zombi 2 there are some films on both of those lists I just fon't care for. Overall I liked more films on Ren's list hence why I voted for them. It boils down to taste and things can still be influential just in different ways.

    I don't think this debate wouldn't bug me so much each time if the "voting for friends" thing didn't keep coming up. Honestly I don't even pay attention names until I've decided and need to click on the poll.
    I in no way, shape or form meant you... In fact the friends thing is just referencing past games... We're only one round in this time so I don't know if it'll play a part.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #30
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

    Round 1 Match 1....3 Way opener Renacimiento Vs Dmhead777 Vs Hommie

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Drink_Your_Blood View Post
    The best list for me is the one which is filled with the films I like the most, so it depends on your interpretation. I know where you're coming from in some respects, but cinematic importance and cult status has never been important to me when I rate a film; it comes down purely to my enjoyment/how the material effects me or makes me feel inside. To me, voting on something you don't particularly like just because it is 'important' is extremely odd, but I'm not knocking your voting process; 'tis all subjective after all. I can remain objective in some respects, and agree and empathize re: The Beatles analogy, however there is no way I would ever vote for The Beatles over a band I loved like Coil, just because The Beatles were more well-loved and 'important' within the history of music. That just seems foolish, at least to me.



    Agreed. I love The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, and much prefer it to the likes of Romero's Dawn of the Dead and Fulci's Zombie.
    Well I think we figured were we differ. My brother is a huge ICP fan and one day we were talking music and he told me how iCP is in his top 10 Bands of all time. I couldn't comprehend that, because even though he loves them and is devoted to them, I knew part of him knew they weren't as good as other bands.. My favorite group is NWA, but If you asked me the ten best bands I wouldn't include them. I just think there a selection between best and popular. But not that it matters, I do appreciate you explaining how you do your voting, even if I don't agree with the method.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #31
    Baron Blood
    Eater of rabies infected meat
    pies
     
    I_Drink_Your_Blood's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    02-13-2014

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Member #
    17656
    Location
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Posts
    1,312
    Threads
    6
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Well I think we figured were we differ. My brother is a huge ICP fan and one day we were talking music and he told me how iCP is in his top 10 Bands of all time. I couldn't comprehend that, because even though he loves them and is devoted to them, I knew part of him knew they weren't as good as other bands.. My favorite group is NWA, but If you asked me the ten best bands I wouldn't include them. I just think there a selection between best and popular. But not that it matters, I do appreciate you explaining how you do your voting, even if I don't agree with the method.
    No worries, and I hope you didn't feel like I was getting at you in any way, as I wasn't, and only explaining my point of view.

    Also, I don't think I'd be able to comprehend someone rating ICP that highly, either

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by I_Drink_Your_Blood; 07-01-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  12. #32
    Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1
     
    koolmike's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    16
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    21,052
    Threads
    933
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 99
    DM got my vote

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."


  13. #33
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D

    Round 1 Match 1....3 Way opener Renacimiento Vs Dmhead777 Vs Hommie

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Drink_Your_Blood View Post
    No worries, and I hope you didn't feel like I was getting at you in any way, as I wasn't, and only explaining my point of view.

    Also, I don't think I'd be able to comprehend someone rating ICP that highly, either
    Didn't take it that way at all

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #34
    Baron Blood
    Eater of rabies infected meat
    pies
     
    I_Drink_Your_Blood's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    02-13-2014

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Member #
    17656
    Location
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Posts
    1,312
    Threads
    6
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Didn't take it that way at all
    Good to hear. The internet be awash with misinterpretation at times.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #35
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,861
    Threads
    349
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 180
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This is close

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  16. #36
    Resident Omega
    This user has no status.
     
    Solo's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Member #
    18731
    Posts
    2,749
    Threads
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 90
    A lot of good flicks from all. Edge goes to DM.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #37
    Zombiefied Zealot
    "say a prayer, but let
    the good times roll. in case
    god doesn't show."
     
    hommie's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Member #
    16995
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    351
    Threads
    10
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Add hommie on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 66
    Thanks for the opinions on the lists. I am probably the least horror genre literate in the whole draft(not being modest, I am being honest, no modest bone in my body). So I appreciate the feedback and I am happy to have new films brought to my attention.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #38
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Online
    Last Online
    8 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,186
    Threads
    385
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 913
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    I really don't get why I still play in these drafts, because I get annoyed by people's votes... Between people just voting for their friends, people voting because one movie On a list is their favorite or people voting because they don't like someone.
    I'm the same way at times, but I just do it for the picking. I already know who's going to vote for who else. It's kind of crappy. But it's fun. Hommie had a sweet list. Can't say anything about Ren's since I haven't seen any of them

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #39
    Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.
     
    CountOrlok's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Member #
    18128
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,415
    Threads
    85
    My Mood
    Happy
    Add CountOrlok on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 230
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag amniac
    Evil Dead 2, Poltergeist and Dog Soldiers I don't really care for, which is why I didn't vote for those lists.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #40
    Rotting Zealot
    Wear the grudge like a crown
    of negativity, calculate what
    we will or will not tolerate,
    desperate to control all and
    everything, unable to forgive
     
    tacticalbacon's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Member #
    17741
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,093
    Threads
    12
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 61
    I'm not going to number rank this time around mostly because I feel there are so many strong lists in this draft, it would be entirely too close to call. Instead I'm basing it off of what movies I personally feel are horror greats while still allowing some influence from what is generally accepted, what I actually want to watch, what stands up to the test of time and the overall synergy of the list.

    Regrettably, I have not seen most of Rena's list with the exception of Living Dead at Manchester Morgue which I view as a classic but kind of a snoozer by today's standards. I plan on watching Sleep Tight soon and I've heard great things but that won't be enough to keep me from going for DM or Hommie which are more up my alley.

    My favorites of DM's are : Hellraiser, Evil Dead 2 and Fright Night with American Werewolf also being a strong pick. Dog Soldiers I do find to be good but a bit over-rated.

    My favorites of Hommie's are: Demons, Friday the 13th, & Poltergeist. I actually still think Poltergeist holds up to the test of time, the effects are obviously 80s cheese but it hasn't lost its charm for me. Night of the Creeps is a good pick. Zombi 2 is a classic but it's pretty over-rated and I find it rather boring to watch these days.

    I'm struggling between these lists, I think I have to give the edge to DM for having a very cohesive list with not a single weak link for me. If I were to host a horror marathon I'd be happy to present those five movies. Great list hommie, a swap-out for Zombi 2 might have made the difference. Very close.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •