Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    I'll only pull my comic fan card out once here and say, seriously, fuck this Lex Luthor. I dreaded the announcement of Eisenberg's casting since day one because I thought he couldn't be anything like Lex and my presumption was true. This Luthor just fucking sucks, man.
    I forget who mentioned it in a review, but someone suggested that the bad guys were supposed to be the Joker and LL. But they couldnt do both so they smashed both into Lex.
    I thkink that actually explains everything.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Still haven't seen this and I'm not sure I want to

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Obnoxious nitpicking critic.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Not really nitpicking when a major story plotlines are introduced early and reduced to nothing more than an insignificant side story, but hey DC has done it before with Bane, so it shouldn't be a shocker that they do it with Doomsday. You make and keep theses heroes superheroes and perhaps embellish upon the character, and yet when it comes to a significant supervillan they are just briefly mentioned and easily overcome when its released to film. I for one would love to see the battles that led up to the death of Superman; which is something we probably never will see on the big screen.

Off topic this is something that DC had a terrible thing for.....killing or crippling heroes and then bringing them back in all of their glory as if nothing happened which pissed me off to no end; and eventually got me to lose interest in reading any of it.

Last edited by Necromancer; 03-31-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    Zombie Headshots!

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 5
    I thought the movie was good. I saw it last night in IMAX 3D. Everything was good except for Lex Luthor. I'm not liking Jesse Eisenberg as Lex. Everyone else did a good job though. I'm looking forward to the Aquaman and Justice League flicks!

I'm Joe Grisly Bitch!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-16-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Ok, the guys fight each other but we have Wonder Woman. I feel we are being teased with the title.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-29-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Add voodoo on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2
    I give this 6/10

The movie is all over the place. It has it good parts and it's bad parts. Ben Affleck as Batman is right on the money, I think WB needs to persuade Ben to get the ball rolling on the solo Batfleck movie. Eisen-thor was horrible. Just horrible. They wasted a lot of things in this movie. Doomsday, aftermath of Man of Steel was used just as a motivation for Batman's role in the movie, Mercy Graves, Kryptonite, Kryptonian tech, Luthor...Snyder really pissed the bed on this one.

If somehow I got a magic wand to change the script of BvS I would do this:

Superman, Batman and WW fight Doomsday on the ground then Superman gives up and just throws him out of the orbit. Not the other way around. Then Doomsday stabs Supes who powers through it and throws Doomsday to Jupiter or something like that - nuke hits Supes, hits Doomsday, Supes turns zombie mode Superman, crashes back to earth, gets his gainz back and then dies.

Funeral scene- Clark coffin is empty, Superman coffin has his body. Remember how before the funeral scene we see a newspaper article that says Superman is dead and Clark is missing? The way it's shown in the movie makes no sense.

Superman fights Batman because Batman provoked him and Superman already threatend him earlier in the movie. Not because Luthor kidnapped his mom. Even if we keep that as motivation, have Batman go beat the life out of Lex and Superman go and save his mom.

Parlament scene- Superman is blamed for the explosion, not Lex. That way Lex can leverage the government to let him import the Kryptonite.

And this is all just off the top of my head. Im sure I could find more things that could have been done much much better.

I think the cricits are not giving this movie it's fair share. It's a bad movie, but in a Freddy Got Fingered way. It's bad because Snyder tried to make something different with the comicbook genre but his reach exceeds his grasp. It's like hiring Hemingway to write a fifth graders "how i spent my summer hollidays" essay. He kept throwing all these Christian and religious symbols, subtexts and methaphors but he wasn't making a art piece, he was making a Superman vs Batman movie! It also didn't help that this suffers from franchise syndrom. Every potential storyline has to be crammed so it can be explored later on in one of the future movies or spin offs. Age of Ultron suffered because of it, the last Terminator suffered because of it and Fantastic flop suffered because of it.

Once I was normal among the sheep.Now I'm immortal, in the night I creep.

I run an mma blog,check it out
    armbarsmmaworld.blogspot.com

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    I'll withhold final judgment until I see the director's cut on blu-ray, but my take:

Positives:

+Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. Don't get the hate. It may not be classic Lex Luthor but this is a younger version. Second to Gene Hackman, IMO.
    +Ben Affleck. Never liked the actor but he did good in this movie. Loved the fight scenes and the new batmobile. Can't wait to see more. Michael Keaton is still my favourite, though.
    +Henry Cavill - my second favourite Superman (after Christopher Reeve).. a lot of people say he looks depressed but this Superman is going through a lot of shit.
    +Jeremy Irons. My new favourite Alfred.
    +Amy Adams - like her, not as much as Margot Kidder, though.
    +Holly Hunter - good actress, was solid in the role.
    +Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman - pretty awesome and badass, definitely can't wait for her solo movie.
    +Doomsday - haters don't understand that Doomsday had to be in this movie to set the foundations for Justice League. I'm glad Doomsday was in it and the actions scenes were badass.
    +Thoroughly enjoyed the plot, visuals, action scenes, most everything else..

Cons:

-Didn't quite understand the whole subplot with the bullet.. need a few more viewings to take it all in.

The Batman vs Superman fight was epic as well. Some people complain it was too short. It was good enough for me.

The movie is supposed to leave you wanting more. It did that for me. LOVED the glimpses of the other superheros. Don't know why some people are bitching about it.

It's much better than the Nolan trilogy IMO. Finally we have a good balance between realism and true comic book epicness.

In Snyder we trust.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    It's much better than the Nolan trilogy IMO. Finally we have a good balance between realism and true comic book epicness.

In Snyder we trust.
    Jesus Christ.

It was a video game.
    It was cut scenes from a video game spliced together with the playable story missing. In fact, you could do this with any of the Batman Arkam games and come out with something better then this steaming pile of shit.

Im not a huge fan of the Nolan series but at least he understands basic film making and plot execution.
    I feel bad for DC as this guy is going to be working on all their upcoming movies.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-02-2016 at 09:01 PM.

1-eyed-wolf
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2018

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 63
    5/10 for me, there were some great action scenes but a lot of the stuff were being forced down our throats too quick without us having any information on what is going on.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post

Im not a huge fan of the Nolan series but at least he understands basic film making and plot execution.
    The Nolan films are riddled with plotholes if you really analyse it. Plus I don't like his version of Batman at all.

meep meep
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-11-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    I'm not a superhero fan so I really have no stake in whether or not this is actually good, but reading all of the brutal reviews and strongly worded rejections has been pretty entertaining.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    F Ben Affleck as Bman

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The Nolan films are riddled with plotholes if you really analyse it. Plus I don't like his version of Batman at all.

Sure, small plot points here and there. Not having the entire story missing as we saw with BvS.
    All of the Nolan movies you can walk away from seeing and be able to list the antagonists motives, the protagonists motives, define characters and traits, how and why everything happened.
    We cant do any of this with BvS. The few things we can do this with we are left saying "wait what? Is that actually the reason given? Do they think we are retarded? did they rip this reasoning right out of Scholastic's "my first batman story" for ages 2-4 ?"

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-02-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Except Snyder explained that stuff much better and without so much exposition as Nolan did. Sometimes a little mystery doesn't hurt, either.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Except Snyder explained that stuff much better and without so much exposition as Nolan did. Sometimes a little mystery doesn't hurt, either.
    1. Explained in the movie or outside of the movie? Because within the movie, he didnt explain anything and outside of the movie he explained why the movie didnt make sense. I know you try to be as anti-trendy as possible, but it should really tell you something when the movies writer, director and producer has to explain why it didnt make any sense.

2. There is a difference between an intentional and well written/executed mystery, and shit writing that simply leaves you confused. Given it only took me about 3 viewings to figure out the majority of Primer's time lines and tricky telling of events (smart writing and execution i might add), i dont think there is anything with BvS that is too smart or mysterious for me.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-02-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Snyder is obviously a comic book fan and inserts lots of references most people won't get. Like the Robin suit (hinting at the death of Robin ala Red Hood). Or the Darkseid reference which I didn't catch at first until I read about it.

This is purely for the fans. Not for general audiences who need everything spoonfed to them.

Plus, you always have future movies to explain stuff.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I'll withhold final judgment until I see the director's cut on blu-ray, but my take:
    Positives:
    +Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. Don't get the hate. It may not be classic Lex Luthor but this is a younger version. Second to Gene Hackman, IMO.
    I completely disagree. Just because a character is named Lex Luthor doesn't make him behave like the character Lex Luthor. I hated Eisenberg's "joker-luthor"
    +Ben Affleck. Never liked the actor but he did good in this movie. Loved the fight scenes and the new batmobile. Can't wait to see more. Michael Keaton is still my favourite, though.
    I agree, I really liked Batfleck
    +Henry Cavill - my second favourite Superman (after Christopher Reeve).. a lot of people say he looks depressed but this Superman is going through a lot of shit.
    Cavill's Supes is BORING. He has no motivation and acts as if someone farted in his bag of potato chips.
    +Jeremy Irons. My new favourite Alfred.
    Irons did a great job, wish he was in it more.
    +Amy Adams - like her, not as much as Margot Kidder, though.
    She was fine, neither liked or disliked her. I guess she was better in this than in MoS
    +Holly Hunter - good actress, was solid in the role.
    She was ok...taken out by the old jar of piss trick.
    +Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman - pretty awesome and badass, definitely can't wait for her solo movie.
    Agreed, she was the most fun in the movie.
    +Doomsday - haters don't understand that Doomsday had to be in this movie to set the foundations for Justice League. I'm glad Doomsday was in it and the actions scenes were badass.
    Doomsday was NEVER instrumental in ANY formation of ANY Justice League that I'm aware of. He also looked like shit. Literally a turd with a face. A badass villian that would have made WAY more sense wit hthe foreshadowing would have been Kalibak (Darkseid's son) and been a mush better reason to form the Justice League afterwards.
    Spoiler...
    Superman didn't need to die...seeing as he stayed dead for about 5 minutes.

+Thoroughly enjoyed the plot, visuals, action scenes, most everything else..
    Plot: no, Visuals: YES!, Action scenes: yeah, they were good
    Cons:

-Didn't quite understand the whole subplot with the bullet.. need a few more viewings to take it all in.
    This I certainly agree with...I guess it was showing that Luthor was involved...but didn't having the Russian guy there do the same thing? It really felt like a time waster to give Lois something to do besides sit naked in a tub waiting for her man to return.
    The Batman vs Superman fight was epic as well. Some people complain it was too short. It was good enough for me.
    I kind of knew it was going to be short and whimper out based on the trailer, I mean you know they have to end up being friends to fight Doomsday. I think most people criticize it because of how dumb it ended.
    The movie is supposed to leave you wanting more. It did that for me. LOVED the glimpses of the other superheros. Don't know why some people are bitching about it.
    People bitch about it because it was the LAZIEST most blatant way of showing characters who arent in the movie. You can't get any more simple than showing a computer screen with icons, clicking each icon to watch a "trailer" for the characters. Cyborg was the worst by the way...so pathetically dumped in with terrible CGI and all. "Look everyone! we have a cool superhero world just like Marvel, only instead of building interest with a dozen movies, or including quirky cameos or props to hint at the characters, we're just going to show them and give them logos right on a computer screen! You're lucky we didn't just put in text at the end of the trailers asking you to see Justice League©in theaters November 17, 2017!!
    Spoiler...
    Also, remember when we just killed Superman 5 minutes ago? Don't worry, he's not dead see!!

"

In Snyder we trust.
    No, I think Nolan's films were much better films. They have coherent plots, motivations, character development and progression, and sensible editing. All around, Nolan's were better made movies. BvS had good action scenes though, so if that's what you like I guess more power to you.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    So no one thought it was lame when Sam Jackson popped up in that post-credits sequence during Iron Man and talks about the "Avengers initiative". lol But it's lame in BvS because it's cool to hate DC now for some reason.

Haters gonna hate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast