11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    [QUOTE=strtfghtr;1148849]Doomsday was NEVER instrumental in ANY formation of ANY Justice League that I'm aware of. He also looked like shit. Literally a turd with a face. A badass villian that would have made WAY more sense wit hthe foreshadowing would have been Kalibak (Darkseid's son) and been a mush better reason to form the Justice League /QUOTE]

Nope Justice League was formed decades before Doomsday was even introduced, so no he wasn't instrumental in forming the Justice League. I can't remember what got them to form the Justice League it's been so long ago.
    Spoiler...
    Since they introduced Doomsday they need to kill Superman......sure Doomsday was badass, but he was most noted for killing Superman than anything else.....much later it was revealed that he was Kryptonian too. It was a matter of months that they brought Superman back to life, which pissed me off since I had spent a small fortune on the 5 or 6 new comics that sprang up afterward to take over for Superman. DC was going through that period where Bane broke the Batman's back Superman is killed off by Doomsday and Green Lantern appeared to be a villain. They even had aliens killing off most of the Justice League, BUT with a wish they were all brought back by way of a wish.....I believe the storyline was: Bloodlines if I remember correctly......at that time I quit reading comics

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    Go quickly, travel safely, my
    young friend, to the land of
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 228
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    I said "set the foundations" not "instrumental". Basically all he did was bring Wonder Woman into the action and have Batman and Superman team up. If you watch the film, a greater threat is revealed so they decide to find the other 'meta-humans' which would inevitably form the Justice League.

Besides, not Batman film is 100% accurate to the comics anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't remember the reason for the "Avengers Initiative" being explained in Iron Man, not that I'm trying to have a "Marvel VS DC" debate. But whatever.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
    So no one thought it was lame when Sam Jackson popped up in that post-credits sequence during Iron Man and talks about the "Avengers initiative". lol But it's lame in BvS because it's cool to hate DC now for some reason.

Haters gonna hate.
    It has nothing to do with "haters." If you really don't understand why the Nick Fury post credits scene in Iron Man is quirky, intriguing, hints towards a larger universe and doesn't interfere with the story what-so-ever; while the BvS laptop teaser trailer scene takes place immediately before the climax of the film, stops the flow of the movie, and does nothing smart or hint at a bigger universe so much as it shoves that universe down the captive viewer's throats the I suppose the concept of nuance is lost on you.

I said "set the foundations" not "instrumental". Basically all he did was bring Wonder Woman into the action and have Batman and Superman team up. If you watch the film, a greater threat is revealed so they decide to find the other 'meta-humans' which would inevitably form the Justice League.

Besides, not Batman film is 100% accurate to the comics anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't remember the reason for the "Avengers Initiative" being explained in Iron Man, not that I'm trying to have a "Marvel VS DC" debate. But whatever.
    Actually you said, "Doomsday had to be in this movie to set the foundations for Justice League. " No, Doomsday did not "have" to be in this movie. They did not "have" to do the death of superman story to form the Justice League. If you want to lead into the Justice League, all you should have is an opponent or opponents that require more than one character to defeat them. If you want me to give a list of powerful DC characters that could have worked besides Doomsday I can. Hell, they could have just used Eisenluthor and had him come up with a devious plan that there would be no way Superman could get the job done on his own and needed the help of Batman and WW to save Metropogothamlis. Instead, Snyder crammed another storyline into an already convoluted plot.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Ok I just thought of something that might get my point across. Here's a clever bit of world building that doesn't shit on a movie:

Batman walks by an empty Robin suit that has "Ha Ha Jokes on You Batman" spray painted on it. This is a shot that takes no more than a second or two, it implies that batman has seen some shit and Robin is not around and it is because of the Joker. Deeper it implies that the storyline "A Death in the Family" has already happened and the Joker has killed Jason Todd. Even deeper it implies that this Batman has reasons to be as dark as he is.

It is a well crafted shot that does character development, backstory, and world building all at the same time. Very well done. Compared to the lazy scene of wonderwoman watching DC teaser trailers from her email I think it's obvious there's a difference between the two.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    The only thing that stuck out for me were the corporate logos of each superhero on the files. lol wtf Not that I had trouble buying that Lex Luthor could obtain that footage (he's supposed to be a criminal mastermind). But comic book movies have a lot of ridiculous stuff. Point is whether they are entertaining or not. People only nitpick them to death because they are so popular.

But I enjoy Superman IV and Batman & Robin.. so silliness in comic book movies doesn't bother me as much as some people.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    People only nitpick them to death because they are so popular.
    Are you honestly attempting to say this to people on a horror movie website, whre many of them could rant for hours about whats wrong with a no name horror movie that only they and 2 other people saw?

Why does it always come down to "popular" or "trending" to you?
    And then why do you automatically feel the urge to side against what you feel is the trend?
    Taking no concern for what is actually said, the criticisms levied, instead chalking it up as "hating"?
    I dont think for one second you're 34.... I highly suspect you're like 14.... 16 at the most.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-07-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    Actually you said, "Doomsday had to be in this movie to set the foundations for Justice League. "
    Or, as accurately said before.... Instrumental.
    Count, if youre saying that a character HAS to be in a movie (which in no way shape or form is this true) in order to set the foundation for what is the over-arcing story, you are saying that character is instrumental to the story.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Are you honestly attempting to say this to people on a horror movie website, whre many of them could rant for hours about whats wrong with a no name horror movie that only they and 2 other people saw?

Why does it always come down to "popular" or "trending" to you?
    And then why do you automatically feel the urge to side against what you feel is the trend?
    Taking no concern for what is actually said, the criticisms levied, instead chalking it up as "hating"?
    I dont think for one second you're 34.... I highly suspect you're like 14.... 16 at the most.
    Age is just a number my friend.

I don't care if something is popular or not. The only reason I'm commenting on this is because this is what a lot of people are talking about right now. I would be more than happy to discuss Mario Bava films or something but nobody seems to give a shit.

For me, there's no "concern", because I don't find these criticisms valid. My opinion. And I've already explained why, and if I haven't then I will be happy to.

And you're entitled to your opinion also (whether it's "popular" or not). Hell, I don't care if someone likes Twilight, more power to them.

These are unsubstantiated rumours, IE: the reshoots to add "more jokes" hasn't been confirmed (yes they are doing reshoots but we don't know why) plus DCEU actually has added 2 more movies to their release schedule (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/DC-Ju...ow-123027.html) and brought Wonder Woman forward 3 weeks. How all this is evidence of failure is beyond me.

And I heard in an interview before the movie was released, that BvS was supposed to be dark because it's the middle part of the trilogy. They are not lightening it up because of backlash.. as far as we know.

Or, as accurately said before.... Instrumental.
    Count, if youre saying that a character HAS to be in a movie (which in no way shape or form is this true) in order to set the foundation for what is the over-arcing story, you are saying that character is instrumental to the story.
    Instrumental to this story, yes, but we haven't seen the full trilogy (as BvS is middle part of the trilogy). If you want to get anal then I suppose Doomsday didn't "have" to be in it, but I presume it was because of the whole
    Spoiler...
    Death of Superman

arc. But we will find out with Justice League Part 1 & 2 directed by Zack Snyder .

Last edited by CountOrlok; 04-07-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Age is just a number my friend.

I don't care if something is popular or not. The only reason I'm commenting on this is because this is what a lot of people are talking about right now. I would be more than happy to discuss Mario Bava films or something but nobody seems to give a shit.

For me, there's no "concern", because I don't find these criticisms valid. My opinion. And I've already explained why, and if I haven't then I will be happy to.
    1. So you're a 15 year old Aaliyah?

2. You very clearly do. It being a "trend" and "popular" to criticize this film in any way shape or form has shaped your entire thesis. In fact, you proclaimed you were heading this direction before you even saw the movie.

Everyone's jumping on the hate bandwagon, it seems. I've read all the spoilers, and the movie sounds awesome to me. Don't get a lot of these criticisms. It's just currently trendy and hip to hate on DC, I suppose.
    In fact, one of these criticisms you "didnt understand" was me basically verifying that the rumor that they took 30-40 minutes out of the movie, that was mostly plot explanations, thus making it so nothing made sense.... was me "hating" and you "not understanding" and of course then you had the best response of:
    Again... before you saw the movie...

You should have known that going in that 30 mins were cut out.
    Bravo....bravo....that is internet retardation on a immeasurable scale.
    Before having seen the movie and having no idea what is or is not the problem with the movie. Youve already determined that people's comments are nonsensical and just "hating". Even though they are comments like "the fucking story makes no fucking sense" and again, you didnt see the movie.

3. Right....... You chalk every criticism up as "hating", not subjectivity, but "hating". You attempt to dismiss it as if it cannot even be valid in any way because the person just wants to dislike DC movies, for some reason you have yet to explain and then apply to every single person youve said with. which is everyone here.
    To top it all off, when you do attempt to argue something or make a point as a counter to someone else's point, (as expected)
    you say something that is not even remotely objective or subjective. Like "Doomsday has to be in the movie". Which is just false. Whether or not you liked him being in the movie or not is okay, but in no way shape or form did he have to be in the movie.
    This is extra hilarious because you double down and backtrack all at the same time and then give some nonsense reason as to why we have to wait to figure out why Doomsday is vital to this story, when if he was it would have been a fact NOW.

These are unsubstantiated rumours, IE: the reshoots to add "more jokes" hasn't been confirmed (yes they are doing reshoots but we don't know why) plus DCEU actually has added 2 more movies to their release schedule (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/DC-Ju...ow-123027.html) and brought Wonder Woman forward 3 weeks. How all this is evidence of failure is beyond me.
    No? You dont understand how re-shooting scenes for a movie that should be done by now that can potentially change the tone of the entire movie is a negative thing? How that is not something you want to hear 95% into completion?
    Okay then. Well. If that's the case then absolutely nothing i or anyone else could say would allow you to see this problem, so why bother?

And I heard in an interview before the movie was released, that BvS was supposed to be dark because it's the middle part of the trilogy. They are not lightening it up because of backlash.. as far as we know.
    So its being ran by a bunch of 10 year olds?
    Gotcha... i see why you enjoy it now.
    A bunch of idiots running around calling everyone a "hater" instead of paying attention to vital criticisms. Fucking brilliant.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 04-07-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac

2. You very clearly do. It being a "trend" and "popular" to criticize this film in any way shape or form has shaped your entire thesis. In fact, you proclaimed you were heading this direction before you even saw the movie.

Yeah, I admit I was biased but not because the movie was being criticised and I was trying to be hipster, but because I was already a fan of Zack Snyder.

You just seem to like playing the judge/accuser it seems..

In fact, one of these criticisms you "didnt understand" was me basically verifying that the rumor that they took 30-40 minutes out of the movie, that was mostly plot explanations, thus making it so nothing made sense.... was me "hating" and you "not understanding"

and of course then you had the best response of:

Again... before you saw the movie...Bravo....bravo....that is internet retardation on a immeasurable scale.
    Before having seen the movie and having no idea what is or is not the problem with the movie. Youve already determined that people's comments are nonsensical and just "hating". Even though they are comments like "the fucking story makes no fucking sense" and again, you didnt see the movie.
    What about the story didn't make sense to you? Because besides some minor things, it made sense to me. The missing 30 minutes didn't affect my enjoyment of the movie. And we don't even know what was cut out, so your point is kind of moot.

And you seem to be blowing things out of proportion, as usual. I said "Don't get a LOT of these criticisms". A LOT. LOT. Not "ALL". I was including criticisms in general, not just the ones posted in this thread.

3. Right....... You chalk every criticism up as "hating", not subjectivity, but "hating". You attempt to dismiss it as if it cannot even be valid in any way because the person just wants to dislike DC movies, for some reason you have yet to explain and then apply to every single person youve said with. which is everyone here.
    I don't chalk every criticism up as "hating". But if you want to hate the movie, that's fine by me. Your point of view is as valid as mine. Just don't expect me to agree with it.

To top it all off, when you do attempt to argue something or make a point as a counter to someone else's point, (as expected)
    you say something that is not even remotely objective or subjective. Like "Doomsday has to be in the movie". Which is just false. Whether or not you liked him being in the movie or not is okay, but in no way shape or form did he have to be in the movie.
    This is extra hilarious because you double down and backtrack all at the same time and then give some nonsense reason as to why we have to wait to figure out why Doomsday is vital to this story, when if he was it would have been a fact NOW.
    It's not true or false. It could've been another villain, but since they decided to go with the
    Spoiler...
    Death of Superman

story, and Doomsday is known for
    Spoiler...
    killing Superman

in the comics, then it makes sense doesn't it?

No? You dont understand how re-shooting scenes for a movie that should be done by now that can potentially change the tone of the entire movie is a negative thing? How that is not something you want to hear 95% into completion?
    Okay then. Well. If that's the case then absolutely nothing i or anyone else could say would allow you to see this problem, so why bother?
    Movies can have reshoots done for a number of reasons. I'm not involved in the production of this movie so I wouldn't know. You are the one putting a negative slant on it, showing that you harbour a bias towards the whole thing yet accusing me of doing the same. It's ok to have a single set of standards but double standards makes you look like a hypocrit.

So its being ran by a bunch of 10 year olds?
    Gotcha... i see why you enjoy it now.
    A bunch of idiots running around calling everyone a "hater" instead of paying attention to vital criticisms. Fucking brilliant.

Last edited by CountOrlok; 04-07-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    [QUOTE=CountOrlok;1148952]So now I apparently went from saying something about Doomsday being there to help set the foundations for the Justice League to DOOMSDAY HAD TO BE IN THE MOVIE. It seems as though you are debating with a fictional person you've created in your head./QUOTE]

Actually you did use the word HAD and not the word HELP :

"+Doomsday - haters don't understand that Doomsday HAD to be in this movie to SET THE FOUNDATIONS FOR JUSTICE LEAGUE. I'm glad Doomsday was in it and the actions scenes were badass."

If you're going to win an argument or a debate it's best that you back track to see what was said before especially when you're the one that said it...........you tend to loose credibility if you don't. Although you do have valid points that have me torn between going to the theater or just waiting for it to be released to dvd/bluray.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    Necromancer, I edited my comment before you made that post. But my original train of thought was that they needed a bigger threat in the movie to set up Justice League, which is why Doomsday "had" to be in the movie. Not that I meant it had to be Doomsday specifically. It could've been another villain and I would've been fine with it. But it wouldn't make much sense if you were including the
    Spoiler...
    Death of Superman

and not include Doomsday, would it?

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Which is why they should have gone with something else Superman couldn't have handled on his own:, and called on others for help. Why they went with Doomsday is beyond me; that nemesis was only good for one thing and you mentioned it in your spoiler. Was Luthor involved with Doomsday?.......You betcha, but Doomsday was uncontrollable which posed a problem for Luthor. Doomsday storyline is HUGE and deserves to be a movie of it's own not thrown at the end of a movie like an after thought. That in itself is going to be one of my major bitches....how that storyline was handled. Not sure why some of the major DC villans ( Bane / Doomsday) are treated like wimps when they were actually major threats like Joker, Riddler, Luthor or Brainiac. Maybe with a shrinking audience DC will sellout to the highest bidder even if it means pissing off the fans.

Last edited by Necromancer; 04-07-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac
    It's not Doomsday from the comics, though. This is the DCEU/Snyderverse version of Doomsday. Just like Bane from Batman & Robin or The Dark Knight Rises is not the Bane from the comics. Although one can argue which version is more accurate. Hell, even the comics themselves have different continuities in them. I'm just happy that Doomsday finally made it to the screen. But if this were a direct adaptation of Death of Superman then I would agree with you. But unlike, say, 300 or Sin City, BvS is not a direct adaptation of any comic.

Rotting Zealot
    ghosts.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag amniac

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I wonder when DC will sell out to Disney so we can get some decent DC movies.... then again... i think the biggest problem is with the characters themselves and how you have to go ultra-obscure to find anyone interesting. Like Preacher.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 459
    Outside from Batman, DC's just full of lame characters...

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    There are some good characters if you dig deep, the problem is they wont make movies about them and even if they did, at this point i have no faith they'd do them well.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Finally saw this movie earlier and it was the extended cut. Coming from someone who isn't particularly a huge fan of either superheroes or a comic reader (I like Batman and superman, but only know'em from the movies) I liked it.

I didn't really care for all the dream sequences and Wonder Woman was kind of just thrown in there, along with the cameos from the other Justice League members, but the fighting was pretty solid, especially the last hour. Lex Luthor was a complete waste, in my opinion. Jessie Eisenberg was a terrible choice and I didn't really care for how he potrayed the character, nor did I really understand his whole motivation behind all this, but whatever. A villain is a villain. Speaking of which, Doomsday was okay. I suppose he served his purpose.

Overall, it was enjoyable for the most part 7/10

On another note, the opening was pretty awesome--seeing a superhero fight from a different perspective was really cool and interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21314151617181920212223 LastLast