Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Follow klownz On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Hmmm this looks like it could be okay I guess, when is the release date?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50
    It has nothing to do with a guy with a mask on, it is a supernatural film about a Manor that is cursed by a Slenderman type figure with an Owls head. Also influenced by Lovecraftian Lore as well as other stuff. If this does well enough the film maker pretty much wants his company to be like the Hammer of the 60's.

This will be released in October I believe. Been following this since March and even donated quite a bit into their Fundraiser when they had it going.

Proved very popular on EHC with a few of us doing donations. Along with this made over twice the amount they were aiming for on Kickstarter. So yes I have full faith that this will be awesome with everything I have seen of it.

Rotting Zealot
    ???

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2017

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Follow klownz On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    I just had a quick peek at their website and reckon am thinking about pre-ordering a copy but £25 for a film I haven't seen is a bit steep so I can't make up my mind

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    19 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    August..

And so work goes on! Right now I'm looking at a finished copy of the film and I'm darn excited for you to all get a chance to see it! Meanwhile I've got a graphic artist (Gavin Robertson) working with me this week on some very intense mysterious occult artwork for the packaging. At the same time I'm working on a number of video extras, these include commentaries, deleted scenes, and a BTS documentary/interview.

We'll also be finalising T-Shirt Designs this week and look forward to sharing more details of that too!

So the stage we're really at is making sure that all the 'extras' are great as that is what makes a Collectors Edition special.

Likewise with the soundtrack - some great mixing/additions to that will really make the music cd included in the edition stand out.

You can pre-order these limited edition items still at the www.lordoftears.com website!

- Lawrie

PS - You're going to be tempted to ask but when - WHEN hehe - it'll be in August and it'll be when it's awesome enough to make your purchase something very special for you ;

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    19 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by †Cemetery Man† View Post
    Watched the trailer a few times now. Owl Man in this movie does look kinda cool and creepy just like the owl mask killer in StageFright (1987). I wouldn't mind checking this one out at least for the sake of seeing another horror movie with a killer owl man.

I am curious if the people who made this movie has ever seen StageFright (1987) or if they know about it. It would be a good question to ask them.
    Huh? You can't even compare the two.

Hey Sweden!
    Drake, we are LEAVING!

Status
    Last Online
    02-06-2014

Member #
    Kansas City, Missouri and Shanghai, China
    Threads
    Add lostforever on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    I think the Owlman looks pretty creepy especially when he moves his arms. I backed this on Kickstarter.

Rotting Zealot
    looking for a good horror
    movie to watch

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Blah
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    the trailer for this looks really good, and that owl creature looks really creepy, so i'm definitely checking this movie out

Last edited by Dark Angel; 07-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    19 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by †Cemetery Man† View Post
    How can you not? Both are horror movies with a killer owl and they both have a big owl head. I know ones a creature and the other isn't but I don't know how anyone can watch that trailer and not think about the Italian 80's slasher. I can't be in denial and act like I've never seen something like this before. It's like trying to pretend that the demon in Insidious doesn't remind me of Darth Maul. haha

If I made a horror about a killer with a big owl head no matter how different it is from Stagefright, I would still expect people comparing the two movies in reviews and comments on sites. I'm not suggesting that the people who made this movie ripped off ideas from StageFright though.
    It never crossed my mind and I love StageFright.

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-26-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    klownz

I just had a quick peek at their website and reckon am thinking about pre-ordering a copy but £25 for a film I haven't seen is a bit steep so I can't make up my mind
    Klownz I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna shamelessly plug the £25 film package we're making for Lord of Tears just in case folks imagine it's just a regular DVD! None of which takes away from the leap of faith one makes when purchasing a film they haven't seen - but just perhaps helps to express the love and care going into the package (and the film itself.)

£25 for the DVD package gets you *drum roll*

The DVD, packaged in a full 8 panel digipack filled with (dark creepy fresco style artwork of the Owlman in his prophetic journey through the ages of wanton horror and destruction) with nice spine printing and thick tasty matt gloss hehe. Inside is the DVD of course, but there is also the second disc, a CD containing about 60 mins of the original film soundtrack - here's a free track to hear https://soundcloud.com/metaphorest/r...illes-by-craig There is also a 24 full colour page booklet with dark and mysterious poetry and freakishness relating to the Owlman inside too.

On top of that, we include a digital pack for folks ordering the dvd, that includes a digital HD copy of the movie, an artwork pack and a 60k online book (kindle/computer) including a BTS production diary I wrote during the film's making including a ridiculous amount of bizarre digression hehe along with a novella or two all tucked in. The DVD packages (or blu-ray) are all limited edition, coming signed and with a custom serial number.

Haha I've taken my salesman hat off now! As a very new boutique production company and distributor we do intend to make our films available more cheaply in standard forms (probably with other distributors) but for ourselves we really want to focus on producing special and intimate packages. To us it's more than just a film (if that makes sense) it's the creation of a fantasy/horror world to us, a lore that is inspired by authenticity rather than superficiality (hence the effort to make it special when folks get it delivered at the door hehe!)

-

Anyway I'm rambling a bit aren't I? As regards to Stagefright - well, that movie is an awesome film. I was discussing this recently with a friend, the scene during which the killer sits on the chair, with the fan blowing confetti over him - at that moment, the killer becomes more than a man in a mask - it becomes truly a monster of another world.

The actual inspiration for our film stemmed from the occult research I made to discover horrible things (gods and daemons) with depictions that inspired us. We were lucky with what we found as usually the monster (we went with) was depicted with, shall we say a more benign appearance than the ghastly Owl we could go with. Ancient religion and civilisation has always inspired me as a story teller (being what I studied at University in fact - ie. Theology & Ancient History.) To place our Owlheaded daemon in a suit of course came from a more perturbing personal experience (when as a child I once saw a gent one morning dressed in tails standing in the garden of a country estate facing me with... a crude animal mask.) From hence forth anthropomorphic depiction has become a big plus to me!

So there you have it gentleman!

Lawrie -
    www.lordoftears.com

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    I asked the director about this and yes to a point there was an influence. But more on the creature of an owl then anything else. Lord of Tears as mentioned is based around certain mythologies and whatnot and he wanted to keep to this. After looking through different ideas he felt that this was the best 'looking' one that kept with the spirit of the project. So yes in a way you are right to a point Cem so cool.

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-26-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just so you guys know I did make an excellent post yesterday! - Lawrie Brewster

Last edited by lawriejaffa; 07-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-26-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks man! I'll try again with my post (yesterday I typed something fairly amusing and epic only to suffer that terrible fate of fates as I clicked submit post (CRASH!)

First of all I was shamelessly touting the DVD package for *drumroll* you klown hehe

klownz

None of what I'm about to say takes away from the fact that it's still a film you haven't seen BUT, I just wanted to detail what is in the £25 package as it's so much more than just a DVD and I think it expresses the love and attention we're focusing on our creative work.

You get an 8 panel digipack with full colour artwork (imagine an evil fresco depicting owlmans carnage through the ages) inside is the DVD and a Music soundtrack CD. On the DVD are extras including commentaries, deleted scenes, and a bts short interview documentary. The Music CD has about 55 mins of compositional music - you can hear a track here https://soundcloud.com/metaphorest/sleep-my-darling

In addition you get the Digital Pack, this includes an HD download of the film, and a 60k PDF/Kindle book that includes a production diary of my experience making the film and two short novellas telling scary stories of the Owlman. In addition to photos and Owlman artwork including screensavers/desktop backgrounds and other bits and bops. Oh and did I mention a physcial booklet inside the dvd package with oh 24 pages of scary weird Owlman poems and artwork

We have other Owlman goodies available at www.lordoftears.com

The idea I have is to focus on producing story driven supernatural/fantasy horrors with a nostalgic quality and a deep sense of appreciation and authenticity for supernatural and cosmological horror.

AND AS FOR STAGEFRIGHT!

Stagefright is an awesome film, first as an amusing slasher but more importantly for one INCREDIBLE SCENE! Something that transcends the film, and really expresses in perfect metaphor just what a genuine otherwordly monster the serial killer is. The scene to which I refer is when he is sat (king like on his throne) in this case the armchair with the fan blowing confetti all over! Beautiful and disturbing.

One of the reasons I like that film (and other forms of art that it reminds me of) is my genuine love for anthropomorphic depiction. As an influence for our own Owlman though, I can't really give credit to that film, but rather my research of ancient history and religion. As a student it is what I focused on in University incidentally (Theology and Ancient History.) So while researching for disturbing legends and entities I came across something I felt was perfect with the exception of its rather benign common depiction UNTIL.... I found one source revealing it sometimes appeared with the head of an OWL!

It's gentlemanly attire came about from a disturbing personal experience. As a youth I recall walking out into the estate of a country home one frozen december morning and there at the end of a great lawn stood a chap in a tail suit with a crude animal mask staring back at me (or past me.) I was of course a somewhat frightened child at this and the figure didn't move for some ten minutes. I eventually ran inside and by then the figure was gone! So it too has it's role in the inspiration for the Owlman (as will films and artworks depicting owls and monsters in general indirectly!)

Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-26-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks man! I'll try again with my post (yesterday I typed something fairly amusing and epic only to suffer that terrible fate of fates as I clicked submit post (CRASH!)

First of all I was shamelessly touting the DVD package for *drumroll* you klown hehe

klownz

None of what I'm about to say takes away from the fact that it's still a film you haven't seen BUT, I just wanted to detail what is in the £25 package as it's so much more than just a DVD and I think it expresses the love and attention we're focusing on our creative work.

You get an 8 panel digipack with full colour artwork (imagine an evil fresco depicting owlmans carnage through the ages) inside is the DVD and a Music soundtrack CD. On the DVD are extras including commentaries, deleted scenes, and a bts short interview documentary. The Music CD has about 55 mins of compositional music - you can hear a track here https://soundcloud.com/metaphorest/sleep-my-darling

In addition you get the Digital Pack, this includes an HD download of the film, and a 60k PDF/Kindle book that includes a production diary of my experience making the film and two short novellas telling scary stories of the Owlman. In addition to photos and Owlman artwork including screensavers/desktop backgrounds and other bits and bops. Oh and did I mention a physcial booklet inside the dvd package with oh 24 pages of scary weird Owlman poems and artwork

*breathes deep* aaaand there limited edition with each of em' signed by me if desired with their own custom issue number.

We have other Owlman goodies available at www.lordoftears.com

The idea I have is to focus on producing story driven supernatural/fantasy horrors with a nostalgic quality and a deep sense of appreciation and authenticity for supernatural and cosmological horror.

AND AS FOR STAGEFRIGHT!

Stagefright is an awesome film, first as an amusing slasher but more importantly for one INCREDIBLE SCENE! Something that transcends the film, and really expresses in perfect metaphor just what a genuine otherwordly monster the serial killer is. The scene to which I refer is when he is sat (king like on his throne) in this case the armchair with the fan blowing confetti all over! Beautiful and disturbing.

One of the reasons I like that film (and other forms of art that it reminds me of) is my genuine love for anthropomorphic depiction. As an influence for our own Owlman though, I can't really give credit to that film, but rather my research of ancient history and religion. As a student it is what I focused on in University incidentally (Theology and Ancient History.) So while researching for disturbing legends and entities I came across something I felt was perfect with the exception of its rather benign common depiction UNTIL.... I found one source revealing it sometimes appeared with the head of an OWL!

It's gentlemanly attire came about from a disturbing personal experience. As a youth I recall walking out into the estate of a country home one frozen december morning and there at the end of a great lawn stood a chap in a tail suit with a crude animal mask staring back at me (or past me.) I was of course a somewhat frightened child at this and the figure didn't move for some ten minutes. I eventually ran inside and by then the figure was gone! So it too has it's role in the inspiration for the Owlman (as will films and artworks depicting owls and monsters in general indirectly!)

Btw †Cemetery Man† thanks I'm glad you enjoyed the video - and David & the guys - thanks for your enthusiasm and support

Last edited by lawriejaffa; 07-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post

*breathes deep* aaaand there limited edition with each of em' signed by me if desired with their own custom issue number.

This sounds amazing, really looking forwards to this that is for certain : ) people certainly will be getting value for money!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    19 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Rotting Zealot
    "I do not see why man
    should not be just as cruel as
    nature." - Adolf Hitler

Status
    Last Online
    06-16-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angry
    Add Oxley on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag General 0x
    The best modern horror I've seen since I Saw The Devil (2010). I normally hate modern horror flicks. This was so fucking amazing.

Awesome to see EHC there too! I'm so looking forward to the directors other works; my only regret is not putting more than $50 on the Kickstarter. Oh well... Next time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it."
    -- Mark Twain

KillKaylaDead: Even your body looks like it was hand crafted by the gods.

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    19 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
    The best modern horror I've seen since I Saw The Devil (2010). I normally hate modern horror flicks. This was so fucking amazing.

Awesome to see EHC there too! I'm so looking forward to the directors other works; my only regret is not putting more than $50 on the Kickstarter. Oh well... Next time.
    Your review was wonderful. It is all you aussie! Thankyou. <3

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    4 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Awesome that EHC got a mention in that trailer thanks to Ox' great right up

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Looks pretty good. congrats Wooden and Ox on the mention

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast