Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I hate this fuckin' show.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Thank you Fear.
    Thank you for giving us a worthwhile TWD again.
    Great character development, meaning character development, different story, everything drives the story forward and there seems to be no filler episodes (not yet at least) and the action... oh man.... quick, to the point, brutal and drives the story.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Gotta say, I liked tonight's ep

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Thank you Fear.
    Thank you for giving us a worthwhile TWD again.
    Great character development, meaning character development, different story, everything drives the story forward and there seems to be no filler episodes (not yet at least) and the action... oh man.... quick, to the point, brutal and drives the story.
    Agreed. As of right now FTWD is better than TWD in every single facet. What an episode!

Last edited by Macready; 05-02-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    I haven't watched last 3 episodes.. Dammit maybe I should start again after seeing some of these comments.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Agreed. As of right now FTWD is better than TWD in every single facet. What an episode!
    The funny thing is, i was watching basketball last night when FTWD was on so i didnt catch it when it aired, rather like an hour and a half later. By that time people were crying that it waas a boring episode. Given what ive learned from people's criticism of Fear and how they generally just want it to be another TWD thats just zombie death after zombie death, i said "Oh, so you mean its a really good episode huh?". And i was right.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I just watched it a second time. This is the problem with shows like this...you can't binge watch! I can't wait until next Sunday now!

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Definitely one of the better FTWD eps. for the most part.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    First absolute dud of Season 2 as I feared it might be IMO.

Some overall character development gives way to outrageously random shit like Strand nearly drowning himself to escape capture, Nick taking his time through the development complex and the typical 90s boy band taking over the boat with some really bleh acting to accompany them. Oh and why does Connor randomly need people from the boat? Why not just take the boat then and there with the muscle present? I can understand taking Travis for his technical skills, but why Alicia? Even then, slim at best. Did Alex even have time to acquire the names of everybody on the boat last episode? If it was her who got them for Connor?

4/10

No need to go into great depth here.. Might be better on a rewatch, but for now, feel sour about it. Liked the previous 3 episodes though. Strong Season 2 thus far. We'll see going forward.

Last edited by Red; 05-02-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    First absolute dud of Season 2 as I feared it might be IMO.

Some overall character development gives way to outrageously random shit like Strand nearly drowning himself to escape capture, Nick taking his time through the development complex and the typical 90s boy band taking over the boat with some really bleh acting to accompany them. Oh and why does Connor randomly need people from the boat? Why not just take the boat then and there with the muscle present? I can understand taking Travis for his technical skills, but why Alicia? Even then, slim at best. Did Alex even have time to acquire the names of everybody on the boat last episode? If it was her who got them for Connor?
    There's a few questions/points i have here.

1. Strand takes notice of at least 3 armed people boarding the ship, taking it over, and i believe he overheard talk of the other people coming. Even without his mind going right to the shot up boat from a previous episode, how or why would it be out of character, random or outrageous to suggest he attempts to sneak away in a lifeboat? With of course him ending up getting caught, but i... mean... maybe its just me but his actions seems rather rational, expected and in character given the situation, his situation and how close they are to his buddies house.

2. As far as we saw the only thing Nick did was land, kill a zombie, put on zombie-flage and then find the guy he was looking for. So why is this some kind of negative?
    Even if we do suggest he takes his time it would simply be about him putting on the zombie-flage and walking to his destination aside from running because as we established, he's learned that the zombie-flage is not the only thing he needs to have on or do, but needs to not stand out (meaning no running). So again, i could be wrong on this but to me this seems like he is simply attempting to increase his chances of survival and is a perfectly rational, reasonable and expected thing to do, yes?

3. Connor, right now, is pure speculation but it would seem to me that since he is taking younger people (and people with specific skill sets), he is planning to rebuild or maintain a small society with people who will live longer, are physically capable, can procreate and be manipulated.
    This is actually a tactic of war lords. When they go into a village and capture people, they wont take a whole family or all the kids to turn to their side. Only one or two because in a larger group your confidence may stay high and you may attempt to revolt. This is what Boko Haram is doing right now actually, the kid they decide to take to add to their army, actually has to murder the rest of his family.
    Again, pure speculation on my end but it seems to be in line with this and it seems the writers would look into this type of thing and apply it to the show.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 05-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Sold points made.

1. I don't think Strand was being out of character. I just think the way it played out made Strand look dumb and if not for Madison, he probably drowns. I guess he tried what he thought would work. He gets points for that and making him look dumb at least adds vulnerability to the character, which I felt was already there anyway, but it adds realism. Nobody is perfect.

2. It felt like Nick was taking a long time. Perhaps the pacing, perhaps the shot selection. Not sure what it was. Nothing out of character though. He's enjoying the new world and it makes people uncomfortable, I love that.

3. The acting from everyone in that pirate group seemed very stiff. From Jack who wants to poke Alicia. To the other guy mocking/watching Travis. The preggers chick getting baited by Madison and Ofeila. Just seemed off. Your explanation for why Connor wants people from the group is plausible though.

Last edited by Red; 05-02-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    It's just a show guys....

...I like TWD more....so there!

Last edited by koolmike; 05-02-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Good episode...actually really good until the last 3 minutes. All I can say is "yeah right" (about those 3 minutes)

I hated this show at first...nice to see it getting better.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    Good episode...actually really good until the last 3 minutes. All I can say is "yeah right" (about those 3 minutes)

I hated this show at first...nice to see it getting better.
    You mean the part where the zombie decided to be perfectly silent for the trade?
    Yah, movie ridiculousness. But it was a good episode and this is still better than the original series.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    You mean the part where the zombie decided to be perfectly silent for the trade?
    Yah, movie ridiculousness.

yeah, that and a few other things....don't wanna spoil it.

...this is still better than the original series.
    Negative.

Last edited by koolmike; 05-08-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

yeah, that and a few other things....don't wanna spoil it.
    Oh yah, spoilrs, my bad.
    Little nit picks like that really get to me at times but ive learned that only a handful of people will notice as well. So i tend to shove them aside and just consider myself to be too picky.

Negative.
    Absolutely.
    I spoke with a buddy of mine today, he got me into TWD comics and he is a die hard fan. When the show was announced we would argue about if it would be able to last longer then a few seasons. IMO it would not because of how repetitive zombie movies get and how limited they are. Of course i was wrong.
    But when we were talking he mentioned that honest trailers video, and even he was talking about how spot on it was about the characters and how Fear and the game have taken the originals place.
    This guys hardcore man... like....multiple conventions a year w/cosplay hardcore. Even he see's it, i think you do too, you just dont want to admit it. You're holding on too much the way i did last season.
    But if you're noticing the game things i am with Fear, then your radar is constantly going off with the original.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 05-08-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    I like where FTWD is going and find myself looking forward to the next episode.

BUT

I loved the past 2 seasons of TWD. There hasn't been enough Fear for me to like it more than TWD yet.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I loved the past 2 seasons of TWD. There hasn't been enough Fear for me to like it more than TWD yet.
    Seriously? You dont mind the 2-4 filler episodes that are entirely unnecessary? The horrific character writing where they completely fail at any kind of natural changes or evolution in character and instead just write a completely different one? (Carol)
    Glen under the freaking trash, rotating 180 degrees some how, while avoiding the mob of zombies that are super attracted to his screams and new marinade.
    Come on. If stuff like a zombie being quiet for a bit bothered you too, these things have to be poking at the back of your head constantly.
    I dunno... they do me. Its like an addiction. When i see the crap TWD attempts to pull its like a finger tapping at the back of my skull repeating "thats stupid, thats bad writing, thats silly, wtf are these people doing?"....maybe i have a medical condition.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    You make some good points...forgot about Glenn and the dumpster

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    You make some good points...forgot about Glenn and the dumpster
    I didnt. That was the nail in the coffin for me and when i decided i didnt give a shit about the show any more.
    There was so much wrong with it.It was not just the bad scene, but how poorly they constructed it, how they had to alter what happened and what we saw in order to allow him to survive. There was just so much wrong with it on so many levels, it really was the culmination of the shit writing and production leading up to it.
    They gave him a near impossible scenario to survive and then their only way of managing this was to actually change the facts from that ending scene.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 05-08-2016 at 10:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast