My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Good ep, despite some silliness and annoyances, which is standard with TWD universe. Regardless, show is definitely getting better and is already much improved over the first season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Man...I just don't know....

I thought the first 3 episodes this season were really strong. Last week was a bit of a clown show. This one I'll be generous and give it a 7.

Positives

- Travis headbutt/Conversation with Alex...it wasn't as ridiculous as I thought it would be
    - Chris attempted kill that wasn't a total kill...he's taking chances, he's unstable
    - Luis still cares about money...makes me think some areas of Mexico aren't in total shambles, but im guessing we don't get there because problems
    - Daniel is showing signs of PTSD. Makes me think if Ofeila isn't a long term character, then this drives Daniel even further over the edge
    - Nick still the cool customer, looked awkward with the gun though
    - Madison has a point about Strand, it's his boat, his rules, but its her son
    - Connor could cook...Alicia liked that meat...good on him

Negatives

- I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GIVE ONE SINGLE FUCK ABOUT THIS VILLAIN GROUP...sorry...bad acting galore. I know many don't like the main cast or its characters or have trouble liking them. But holy fuck these guys...terrible...make our group look like oscar winners compared to these Rent-A-Actors.

On The Fence

- The burlap head sack switcheroo im torn on...on one hand I liked that it effected Connor due to it being his brother, while also not willing to say this one single event means FTWD is going to copy from the comic all the time or from now on as others have shown concern about. I believe Erickson a helluva a lot more than Gimple when he says it was coincidence until he's a repeated proven liar like Gimple. On the other hand, because I just don't give one single fuck about this villain group, it leaves me at a loss

- This whole Alicia/Jack thing. I have no idea what the play is. We are led to believe Alicia played him. Her potential Berkeley education/reverse psychology comes into play. But then they play them off like star crossed lovers getting ready to jump off the Titanic like Jack/Rose? What exactly is this supposed to be? Obviously its a subplot that's effected both sides of the coin. Connor has been bit and will probably die or lose an arm. Meanwhile on the other side, the kidnapping has slowed down the groups overall progress to Mexico. The idea that two teens from opposite sides of the lines could effect both sides should be fresh and decent enough on paper. But it doesn't seem to have any consistency or flow at all.

Given I don't give two fucks about this group, that's been duped and defeated by so called lesser survivors like Travis and Alicia. I cringe at the idea that this group is still going to linger around for this half of the season. With the idea it could probably go on into 2B. With what? Five boats at the disposable of Connor's group and they let one little boat cause them that much trouble? To the point where the leader has been bitten?

Please...just kill em off...bad acting galore from that group. Yet I get the sneaking suspicion that Jack will become vengeful (and cock blocked) due to Alicia jumping ship, literally and figuratively. Which leads to a potential death, or Mexico going up in smoke?

IDK..enjoyable episode because of the development with the characters...but this villain group...

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    There's a lot of bad acting in this show Red...I agree with ya.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Decent ep, and i'ts nice to finally see how things are outside of the US

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Weird mid season finale.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The only thing i disliked was the open ended deaths.
    As far as where the characters are going, its pretty interesting and very different from TWD character structure.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I enjoyed the first 3 episodes of 2A...

Then...

I have no idea what the fuck happened.

I watch a show like GOT and I leave with a feeling of wanting more. I watched this MSF and left wondering when...and now really if this show is ever going to find itself?

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Sometimes i wonder what you're watching.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think im just annoyed at all the side stories they keep adding in, distracting away from the characters we have. I'd like to develop them organically, rather than using throwaway groups like the Connor boat group and the Celia group to come and go around our characters.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I'm liking the Nick character a bit more, though him distancing himself from the group was a waste. And that Mexican dude going crazy just seemed a bit random to me. Oh and that Chris kid is annoying, should've just let him go. Anyway, okay mid-season finale. Like I said before, I like the fact that it was being set outside the US for once, though it didn't seem to last very long. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. Hopefully less annoyances and quick/random character changes, but I doubt it :soadeto2:

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    And that Mexican dude going crazy just seemed a bit random to me.
    My father was in Vietnam and as he got older it took its toll on him. One of the few times he mentioned anything about it was when he was telling my brother and i that he would see something out the corner of his eye and when he would look he wouldn't see anything, but he said it felt like someone from the war was looking at him. He never had full blown hallucinations, at least he never told us if he did, but the corner of the eye stuff is scary enough.

Right before i moved out to go to college i came home from a night of partying and he was asleep, and he is known to talk in his sleep. But he was speaking Vietnamese.... in his sleep... it was fucking terrifying. And apparently he never stopped doing that.

It was clear even after all that time had passed, it was still in his head and possibly more prevalent than ever because of his advanced age. I mention this because whats his face's situation seems far more appropriate then say, Rick and what he went through.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 05-28-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Oh and that Chris kid is annoying, should've just let him go.
    Despised from day 0.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

According to FTWD's showrunner the mid-season finale is estimated to be near the time that Rick will be waking up from the hospital in Georgia. Its been rumored for a while that eventually the two shows will somehow link, and the only obvious way that will happen is if Fear goes forward in time a bit. I can see that possibly happening in future seasons. Of course it'd have to skip forward quite a bit to catch up to where Walking Dead is now. I can see it maybe happening after the whole Neegan thing is dealt with. Those who've read the comic will probably know what I mean

http://tvline.com/2016/05/30/fear-tw...ner-interview/

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I knew this was going to happen with them ending up in Mexico. It is the only logical way to head down into the Gulf and come back up on the East Coast.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    I knew this was going to happen with them ending up in Mexico. It is the only logical way to head down into the Gulf and come back up on the East Coast.
    Wrong coast.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    With the talk elsewhere about the show having a lack of 'fan favorites' or whatnot.

My take.

Nick is clearly the most unique character as well as the fan favorite of the show. Strand and Daniel also are, but with the way Strand is talked about around other parts, he's quickly become Carol levels of overrated. Still, I'd put him behind Morgan, Gabriel and T-Dog as one of the greatest black male characters in TWD Universe. Yes T-Dog because I had a soft spot for him. Always liked him more than most did despite a lack of a real arc. Daniel to me is basically Hershel with much more baggage.

After those 3. Its basically whatever you prefer, if any. I think TPTB really want Madison to catch on with the GA, because I think they want this show to have a female leader. Yet they continue to beat around the bush with this character. She supposedy has this dark backstory. Yet they don't seem too willing to explore it and instead give her the same emotional plays every episode.

I've seen many who believe Ofeila could develop into a Carol type character. If we mean as in being put to the side in the early seasons, only to develop more in the later seasons. I guess I could see it. The actress is kinda meh to me though. But TWD has given lesser actresses bigger pushes in the past, Emily Kinney as Beth is a perfect example.

I think many would like Alicia to go fuck off and die, but I think they keep her if for no other reason than the actress is pretty popular, and coming off another series where she was a fan favorite who was shockingly killed I guess, causing an internet uproar. Plus I read she exited that show in promise of a bigger/larger role on FTWD. If any of that has a shred of truth. I see her being a long haul character.

I like Travis. I know many can't stand him. I think Curtis has been given a raw deal. Playing a morally grounded/sort of pussy is a thankless job. I think the character has room to grow, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bites the dust in the second half. I think Chris can stay or go. The actor isn't too hot, but they could go different places with him.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Is it coming back on soon? I figured it would be coming back after TWD season..... whatever its at. Season Negan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast