My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Agreed, pretty fantastic episode. I like how this show goes in to backstory every once in a while. Opening up with the wedding was a really nice touch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Not a bad ep. Interesting to see how Chris is turning into quite a villain of sorts. He definitely seems to have what it takes to survive in this harsh world

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    A lot of very good things in this episode in my opinion. The evolution and de-evolution of the relationship between Travis and Chris.
    The "wasted" (love that name) throwing themselves off balconies to get to the lobby. The way Nick handled the situation with the Mexican drug gang.
    The entire wedding sequence. Hording the wasted into individual rooms and learning about the "Do Not Disturb" tags. All great stuff.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    Not a bad ep. Interesting to see how Chris is turning into quite a villain of sorts. He definitely seems to have what it takes to survive in this harsh world
    Agreed about Chris. His sociopathic tendencies are becoming more apparent with every episode, thus being a net positive in the Age of the Big Hurt.

The problem for him though as I see it is his age, and more importantly the obvious lack of any meaningful real world life experience. Him being able to readily adapt to this new age of barbarism is one thing... trying to do so with a chip on your shoulder, and an overabundance of naivety is another.
    Odds of long term survival not altogether impossible, but it does make for a harder sell.

Last edited by Solo; 09-06-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    I can see a major struggle between Chris and Travis down the line where one of them ends up dead. It would be shocking, awesome, but not unpredictable in my opinion.
    Could be the first time a main character gets killed off in this show...not by a wasted but by one of their own.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Well someone from the main cast definitely needs to go already, been too long

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    I'm much happier with the show now than I was in the later half of 2A. I'm starting to enjoy the characters a lot more now than 2A and for sure Season 1.

I hope this show continues to do its own thing. The last thing it needs to do is become the main show, even if it means the show will have a shorter run. Its still one of the highest rated shows on AMC. A network that pretty much struggles to produce good content in the wake of other shows closing up shop like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. For that reason, I could see FTWD getting a lot of time to become its own thing. Otherwise it'll make the overall TWD brand look pretty bad if they give up on a spinoff so easily. I also hope they don't fire the showrunner and start that nonsense again like they did with TWD in its first 3 seasons. Let the guy make his own show. Don't give into social media and kill everybody who isn't popular, like what happened in TWD Season 3. The exception to that was Merle.

The main show to me is only enjoyable on a comic and loyalty level. The show tends to follow the comic with slight remixes and if you love certain characters from the first 2 or 3 seasons. Most of them are still around. The problem is you know what you're gonna get. The main show doesn't really deal with grey moral dilemmas anymore. They tend to shy away from realistic internal conflict in favor of big bads or lazy time jumps. You know most of the deaths are all background/secondary characters that people don't care much about or are built to be temporarily cared about, only to be dispatched.

Granted, the carrot dangling above this upcoming season is a major death via lucille, and the aftermath with Rick being Negan's little bitch, giving into his supply demands. I think if they time jump that aspect of the story. It'll continue to tell me the main show has no balls and will continue to play it safe. We can't have Rick at his weakest, we gotta make sure he looks strong or the fans might not think he's badass anymore. So time jump that shit and only give it little focus.

Fill in the rest of the season with Daryl taking someone's comic story, Carol hogging time, skip over whoever the character is reflecting on the lucille victim (likely Maggie) and hop right into the war with Negan. Expect Abe and Glenn to bite it, only at different parts of the season. Morgan feels like a candidate too unless they decide to go with Tara, Sasha or Rosita.

But different strokes for different folks. I'll watch the main show still, but this show intrigues me much more.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Pretty solid episode, with a fast paced story and a slow paced story. Still liking 2B.

7/10

The Nick stuff was slower, but it was important for any number of reasons. We don't really know if Nick totally buys the bite story, but we know the pharmacist trusts him enough to give him his own place in the Colonia. We know Nick delivered the Oxy and made the deal. We know he feels surviving is the same as eating shit. We know he seemingly doesn't really have any interest in finding family. Even though he's been nice to Alicia that we've seen in the series. He talks about her being the golden child with a future in a way that makes him feel slightly jealous of what she could've become. Would Luciana have kissed/presumably shacked/hooked up with Nick if Nick didn't stop her before she left? I don't know. Before she was leaving, she did say she didn't want people talking shit. The only thing they could possibly talk shit about is her sleeping with Nick. The important part in all this is Nick is comfortable at the Colonia, which usually means disaster in the long run. Its just a question of what destroys what.

In the other story. Everything was more fast paced. We saw the blood trick used again. These survivors seem smarter than TWD survivors who really only use it when they have almost no choice. The only smallish inconsistency is in TWD they throw chunks of gore on. In FTWD, just blood. I'm not annoyed by that, but I can see why others would be.

Alicia continues to show 'golden child' type thought with the biter splash party idea. Another comparison to the main show is the quarry bit. The only difference is the quarry bit was a failure. Many blamed Rick for putting such a plan together. Others blamed the real culprit, which was the Wolves, which Rick had pretty much nothing to do with. It was also nice to see a bit of bonding between mother/daughter as it seems those two characters have been estranged for the better part of the series. If anything, they seemed like the anti Rick/Carl, not too close for awhile.

It was nice to see the plan Alicia, Madison, Strand and others put into place actually worked and worked pretty well. If anything, plans tend to fail in the main show and fail more than they hit to create drama for dramas sake.

The small bit at the end with Strand was good. Others might read it as Strand is in trouble because he broke down. I view it as a moment of clarity. I don't think Strand is going anywhere. On a side note, if there are no other vehicles to escape the hotel with in case it falls. Then Ofeila was being pretty selfish if she took the truck for her own little adventure. That said, selfish is fine and realistic. There are plenty of selfish people in the real world who might've done the same thing.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    This was clearly the 'everybody is doing pretty good then shit conveniently hits the fan all at once' episode.

A tried and true classic of TV, not just TWD TV I might add.

6/10

Some of it made sense. Some of it was clearly just because. Still...I like that I feel like I have no idea where these last three episodes are going.

What was the mother hoping to accomplish by stabbing Strand in the gut? You wanna kill the man. Stab him in the throat or high chest area. Then she ran away instead of stabbing him more. Sure people were there but I guess she didn't really want to kill him? What does she have to lose? She shouldn't be fearing for her own life at that point.

I don't view Aja (Colonia leader cuz lazy to spell) as psycho or losing it. Paranoid is more like it. He knows there are dangerous people out there. The problem is you get what you pay for. You deal with gangs, you gotta expect repercussions. To me, Nick isn't thinking about doing drugs because he's thinking about saving his own ass, which supersedes drug use. He's got a good thing going on, he's in a place where the dead aren't viewed as 'monsters', instead guardians and he doesn't have his overprotective mother or anyone else there to bother. He is in fact, a pretty selfish guy with some good qualities. The family that left was of course plot convenience 101.

The Supermarket gang is clearly going to be on the move here at some point. Probably due to decreased supplies themselves. Its just a question of going for the Colonia, where they've seen Nick or finding the Hotel.

Madison clearly favors Nick over Alicia due to his past, but that's always been consistent. Someone yells or mentions in some form of mouth about Nick and her antenna pops up. The problem is Nick basically told all of them he's fucking done. She did make light of it by suggesting he might change his tune. I wonder if he tells her to fuck off again if they ever see one another? If Luciana is there, she might just put Madison in her place? Still, Alicia was right about turning on the lights to the hotel. Incredibly dumb move. Alicia was probably the standout character of the episode. I don't particularly think Madison thinks Travis is even alive. Nick told her he couldn't find him, lying to her of course. For all she knows, he's dead. Now if she'd were hellbent on looking for Travis over Nick, I'd have issue considering it wouldn't be consistent with her attitude towards Nick already.

Others have issue with Ofeila leaving. I don't particularly. Her father is dead as far as she knows. Her mother is dead. She's going for what she believes is the closest thing she has left for family. I know that seemingly defies all logic when she was with 3 other people. But what does she really know about them? Think back to Morales in Season 1. He had his wife and children and he still chose the open road to look for more family over two cops and a hardened redneck. Just because things appear to be stable, doesn't mean someone is going to be comfortable just because. Ofeila clearly isn't comfortable around Strand/The Clarkes.

So basically, it wasn't the strongest episode of the second half, but it had some moments. I think this could go any number of ways.

1. What if one of the Spring Break kids shoot Travis instead of Chris, then Alicia has to put one of them down, Travis dies, but in doing so, it shows Madison that Alicia is someone she should actually pay attention to? What does that do to Chris?

2. What if they all survive the season, then Season 3 the dreaded TWD kidnapping plot comes into fruition and Alicia or Strand get kidnapped by these Spring Break Kids and Chris almost kills Alicia and Madison/Nick someone else like Travis has to put Chris down and Alicia dies in Madison/Nick's arms?

3. What if Aja is proven to be immune but dies due to the Supermarket...or....the Hotel people? Oh man. The proof of immunity.

4. What if Ofeila runs into Tobias or Alex? I originally didn't think she'd make the US and still hope she doesn't, but it does seem like the writers aren't too keen on bringing her back to the main group any time soon. We could be wrong.

5. What if Daniel is the one who returns and puts down Chris? Going back to their minimal conversation on the boat in 2A. It would seem if they all reunited and Daniel found himself more people or a group. That could cause great tension if Daniel did what Travis doesn't. Daniel would see the man that Chris has become. He'd admire it but also realize its a danger. Travis does as well, but the difference is he clings to his beliefs, its not like he's a total dumbass not seeing things as they happen.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Mixed bag on merit episode.

Madison continues to be a naive, bull headed pimple on the ass of post apocalyptia. I can name 2, maybe 3 things she did this ep. that probably would have had her pushing up daisies in a real post world scenario. At this point in the game Alicia is the co-brain of this operation, and the one to watch. Strand speaks for himself.

Last edited by Solo; 09-19-2016 at 11:56 AM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    8/10

Really solid character episode for a lot of people.

Madison's conversation with Travis helps her further realize she should be out in the open with Alicia about her fathers death. Really good scene between the two of them. Both Travis/Madison in what was probably their best scene in the series and definitely Alicia/Madison, which was another really good scene between those two. There is definitely a disconnect between Madison/Travis, but im thinking these new events will change things for them, one way or another. Travis really is the good man. Its sad that people want him to kill himself because he's too good a man while other survivors are too 'hardcore'. These folks can't catch a break. If Carl were leaving Rick or Rick were leaving Carl like that, somehow Rick would be the asshole and Carl would probably get a slight pass, not entirely, but slightly. That's the whole point though. These people aren't the same people. There is more baggage.

The stuff around the barn was the most fascinating of the episode. Travis realizes he could've just let Brandon kill James, despite it being the wrong thing to do and despite him not even liking the kid. Chris realizes his father won't come around to his way of thinking. Even citing Lisa, which I thought was a great moment. People forget or conveniently forget that Travis put Lisa down. Obviously the circumstances were different. Lisa was going to turn eventually, while James could've been saved if he wasn't infected from the shot. Then Chris actually saves Travis life by leaving him, because its no doubt that Brandon would've tried to have him killed if he continued to fuck around.

Smart move by the hotel people to start screening the people they've brought in. The only thing I fear in the finale is the remaining bros will magically take control of the hotel, despite being severely outnumbered. It would be such lazy ass writing. There has only been one really meh episode this half for me, so im hoping the two hour finale doesn't let me down.

Wasn't bothered by a lack of Nick or Strand. Strand was probably still recovering from the wound and the stuff with the Colonia will likely be front and center in the two hour finale. I like that I don't really know what's going to happen.

Last edited by Red; 09-26-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I've really tried to like this show...I just don't. Not really sure why...but to me it's a waste.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Madison continues to be dumb and annoying and lighting up that Hotel was one of the dumbest things she did, but at least it conveniently got Travis to connect with'em. Okay ep overall though, but Travis needs to harden up soon, because he keeps trying to play that good guy to some extremes. Wouldn't be surprised if punk ass Chris and his new buddies try to temporarily take over that hotel though. Not sure why they didn't just leave their friend instead of shooting him. Seemed like it would've been easier had they just left him with Travis, and it would've saved them a bullet.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    I've really tried to like this show...I just don't. Not really sure why...but to me it's a waste.
    For a lot of peeps. Its two fold.

1. They don't like the characters
    2. They aren't TWD characters they know and like more

To me, its actually the opposite. The characters are growing on me. The show balances its characters better than TWD does. I've also had quite enough of characters like Daryl and Carol to last awhile now. We can't even say Rick is the main character in TWD anymore. Least for me.

Its understandable though. The show has grown on me though. I love not knowing what's next. But to each is own. TWD starts up soon.

Last edited by Red; 09-27-2016 at 10:03 AM.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Great finale.

9/10

Already looking forward to next season.

The Chris death was about the most refreshing thing I've seen in a while. No resolution, no closure, etc. Karma is a bitch and Chris was done in by the very ideals he chose. I have a feelings today's TWD wouldn't have the balls to do such a thing like that. The best most recent opportunity was dumpstergate and we all know what happened there. I thought everybody was really solid in this episode. It was nice to see Kirkman finally on TTD talking about FTWD. They seem to have big plans for the series. Kirkman kept saying Season 3 and beyond. I have high hopes of where things could go. I'll maintain the main draw about this show is the unknown. The characters have grown on me, but the main draw will always be the unknown. The weakest bit of Season 2 was the Jack Dawson boat stuff for me. Other than that, Season 2 was a really good season for me.

Things to watch for next season...

1. How far Travis goes off the deep end
    2. How Alicia changes from her first human kill and how she feels about Madison looking for Nick, who clearly washed his hands of his family, given the MSF
    3. If the group that took Ofeila and shot up Nick/Luciana is the same group
    4. How Strand plans to last at the Hotel, when we know they know his allies just left, maybe Elena goes to bat for him? Or he outright takes it and becomes the villain?
    5. Kirkman mentioned the darkness with Madison that makes her so unaffected by things, it seems like Kirkman has long term plans for her, regardless of whether we like or dislike her
    6. Any mystery returns, though im kinda happy they haven't used up this card yet
    7. If we have any working Goverment personnel that aren't straight up assholes or incompetents..that's why this finale got a 9 instead of a 10...I have a feeling we might get the stereotypical assholes/incompetents at the border patrol. Though when Nick looks through the binoculars, that base they had was GIGANTIC
    8. How Nick handles being at the forefront of a group, so far not good

That awkward moment on TTD. Alycia really seems like a cool/fun bloke. Her, Kirkman, Lozenzo and Coleman were great on TTD. FTWD TTD has been better than TWD TTD lately. Especially since its become the Yvette Nicole Brown show.

Can't wait for next season.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    The Chris death was about the most refreshing thing I've seen in a while.
    Best thing to happen to the show. Absolutely despised him. He was the male version of POStarbuck. Good riddance.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Fantastic season overall. The writing and execution of this is so much better than TWD it isn't even funny.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Not a bad finale. Some questionable stuff like those guys somehow surviving the wreck, but the outcome of Chris made up for things. Probably one of the less likable characters in the show. Was nice seeing Travis finally man up and take out some peeps. Hopefully he doesn't F around next season. Sad Strand didn't go with the group since I always liked him. We'll see how things turn out next season. Overall this season more than made up for the lackluster first.

Rotting Zealot
    Wear the grudge like a crown
    of negativity, calculate what
    we will or will not tolerate,
    desperate to control all and
    everything, unable to forgive

Status
    Last Online
    12-08-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 67
    Pretty good finale overall and some awesome gore, loved what happened with Travis. Gotta say I was disappointed with the ending and Nick's story arc though, it felt kind of forced. It would have been awesome if when the cartel guys got caught in the zombie trap in the colony, that the residents attacked them from the other side and wasted them in a pincer attack. Instead Nick quickly becomes de facto leader and leads everyone right into a pointless slaughter at the border.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Here we go again. Given the history of the main show. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was some AMC fuckery involved yet again.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fear...wn-1202016035/

‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Showrunner Dave Erickson Steps Down, Inks AMC Overall Deal

March 24, 2017 | 05:01PM PT

“Fear the Walking Dead” showrunner Dave Erickson will step down from that role after the show’s upcoming third season in order to develop projects under a new overall deal with AMC Studios, the studio announced Friday. Erickson will still serve as an executive producer on the “Walking Dead” spinoff series.

“We’re beyond grateful for Dave’s amazing work on the first three seasons of ‘Fear the Walking Dead.’ With Dave as showrunner, the series fulfilled its creative promise to expand the ‘Walking Dead’ universe in a way that was totally unique from the original series, and has gone on to become the number two drama series in ad-supported cable, behind only ‘The Walking Dead,’ said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “We are also incredibly excited that Dave has chosen to stay in the AMC family to pursue his next passion project. We look forward to many more successful collaborations.”

“Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by “The Walking Dead” creator Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert and Erickson. The series is produced by AMC Studios.

Erickson previously worked as a producer and writer on the short-lived AMC series “Low Winter Sun,” which starred Mark Strong, “The Walking Dead’s” Lennie James, and “Breaking Bad” alum David Costabile. He also worked as a co-executive producer and writer on Kurt Sutter’s FX biker gang drama “Sons of Anarchy.”

“I have truly enjoyed working with the writers and directors, cast and crew on ‘Fear’ and am so proud of what we have accomplished over our first two seasons,” Erickson said. “I look forward to completing work on season three, sharing it with the fans and developing new projects with my partners at AMC.”

Last edited by Red; 03-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast