Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 107
    Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    Spoiler...

Fair enough, i was simply pointing out that factually speaking with almost zero exception, regimes don't come in and take peoples guns before a take over.

So yes, if we were in a situation where a city was becoming occupied with the ultimate goal of totalitarianism and this would take years, if not decades then yes, going around taking guns is a viable and valuable tactic.
    In most other situations, including this show, its simply not worth the man power, effort or time. Only in long term scenario's. This is not that.

And lets not confuse the human will to survive with John Rambo.

Spoiler...
    You tipped your hand by the interjection of politics with the Fox question, and will not from this point on be able to walk that back. It was pretty good bait, but a pretty predictable tactic. You're a troll pure and simple... and a pretty naive one at that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Solo; 09-23-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    "Fear The Walking Dead" ...even the title of this show sux.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Fear the Lack of Walking Dead :soadeto2:

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    11 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    This show is everything I have wanted so no complaints from me.

The show was explained from the very beginning to depict the onset of the epidemic, not have someone waking up from being in a coma for months to a world filled with zeds. It's a process. There is no switch to flick and BOOM everyone is a biter. Anyone who expected that knowing full well how the show was advertised to play out is foolish. Kudos to the production team as well for showing the restraint and keeping to the plan. The characters still need some work but some are starting to grow on me. What I truly enjoy is the tone of the series and the general unease of waiting for that hammer to fall when everyone begins to see what is truly going on. That anticipation and dread being portrayed by the characters makes this quality. The universe this is set in the lore of zombies don't exist which makes it that much more fascinating. Nobody knows. In TWD Rick wakes up after being in a coma FOR MONTHS and sees everything spelled out for him spray painted on doors "WARNING DEAD INSIDE". Nice build up. But that's the path THAT particular show took and it is not what this show is about.

I think the few scenes in the first episode of FTWD with Nick cuffed to a hospital bed and the elderly guy behind the curtain obviously dying was more well played out and executed than just about anything I saw in TWD before I gave up on that show. Did they ever put Daryl in blue tights and a cape? Or does that happen before they kill him off in this mid-season finale?

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Fear of another bad episode

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    I have not watched the original series, but my buddy made a good point.

If this is supposed to be a prequel series, won't it just end up being the same thing as the original series? The original series started around 2 months into the outbreak and this prequel series is already up to like Day 20. What's the point? lol

He could be wrong, I just thought it was silly.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    This show is everything I have wanted so no complaints from me.

The show was explained from the very beginning to depict the onset of the epidemic, not have someone waking up from being in a coma for months to a world filled with zeds. It's a process. There is no switch to flick and BOOM everyone is a biter. Anyone who expected that knowing full well how the show was advertised to play out is foolish. Kudos to the production team as well for showing the restraint and keeping to the plan. The characters still need some work but some are starting to grow on me. What I truly enjoy is the tone of the series and the general unease of waiting for that hammer to fall when everyone begins to see what is truly going on. That anticipation and dread being portrayed by the characters makes this quality. The universe this is set in the lore of zombies don't exist which makes it that much more fascinating. Nobody knows. In TWD Rick wakes up after being in a coma FOR MONTHS and sees everything spelled out for him spray painted on doors "WARNING DEAD INSIDE". Nice build up. But that's the path THAT particular show took and it is not what this show is about.

I think the few scenes in the first episode of FTWD with Nick cuffed to a hospital bed and the elderly guy behind the curtain obviously dying was more well played out and executed than just about anything I saw in TWD before I gave up on that show. Did they ever put Daryl in blue tights and a cape? Or does that happen before they kill him off in this mid-season finale?
    A lot of this post is spot on and I agree with most of it in terms of why I've gravitated a bit towards FTWD, even though I look forward to the next season of TWD.

But...some perspective would be nice.

TWD...

1. Is the more original concept, FTWD is basically a formula hard to fuck up since its done so many times in the zombie lore

2. Is based on a source material, it was never going to be about the dread of the apocalypse, it was going to be about surviving in a post apocalyptic world as Kirkman has stated many times before. Whether you wanna label that a soap opera or not is up to you. The characters hardly fuck, they are usually on the run and they barely bicker, so this whole soap opera thing I feel is a ridiculous label people use when they don't want to come up with some legitimate arguments. I mean I'm all for the counterarguments of lazy writing, making Daryl more balanced, etc but I'd never argue against TWD because of misconceptions of what it was supposed to be

The biggie...perhaps much bigger than the first two points

3. FTWD will eventually probably be about surviving in a post apocalyptic world...the survivors won't be dummies forever, they will learn the score, etc. You can only milk the onset of the apocalypse for so long before you start throwing away the credibility of how the walkers took over the world. About the only thing FTWD will eventually have a leg on is perhaps revealing more of the government side of the story, whereas TWD stayed away from that minus the CDC episode.

I mean its fine to say TWD isn't what some wanted it to be or perhaps its fallen flat, but we shouldn't forget what it was to begin with. It was supposed to be about living when its already over and how uneasy that is. It wasn't supposed to be Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Spoiler...
    You tipped your hand by the interjection of politics with the Fox question, and will not from this point on be able to walk that back. It was pretty good bait, but a pretty predictable tactic. You're a troll pure and simple... and a pretty naive one at that.

Spoiler...

And there was no "bait", at least not intentional..... if you consider facts "bait", i cannot do anything about that.
    But again, fact is, there is only one subset in America (and the EU) that has this idea if anything ever goes bad, someone is coming to take your guns before anything else happens. People who are entirely ignorant of history and the only time ive ever heard something like this, is from these delusional people who apparently lack the ability to pick up a history book.

But lets get something clear, don't try to point your nose down at me (or attempt to blame me for your inability to properly respond) with claiming "bait" or "trolling", just because in that entire response you disliked one factually accurate quip. If you enjoy ignoring reality and feel differently, so be it, but you could have just as easily ignored that part of my post and addressed the other 99.9%.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 09-24-2015 at 03:20 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Off topic arguing while using spoiler tags

Should be mandatory

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Off topic arguing while using spoiler tags

Should be mandatory
    Its technically not even off topic.
    He simply did not like the fact that i addressed an issue that is of concern for some people, but only due to misinformation campaigns.
    Which was in direct response to something he said he felt would happen in their scenario. As a result he then determined that it was politicizing, baiting or trolling... or all three, whatever, simply by stating said fact.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 09-24-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Spoiler...

And there was no "bait", at least not intentional..... if you consider facts "bait", i cannot do anything about that.
    But again, fact is, there is only one subset in America (and the EU) that has this idea if anything ever goes bad, someone is coming to take your guns before anything else happens. People who are entirely ignorant of history and the only time ive ever heard something like this, is from these delusional people who apparently lack the ability to pick up a history book.

But lets get something clear, don't try to point your nose down at me (or attempt to blame me for your inability to properly respond) with claiming "bait" or "trolling", just because in that entire response you disliked one factually accurate quip. If you enjoy ignoring reality and feel differently, so be it, but you could have just as easily ignored that part of my post and addressed the other 99.9%.

Spoiler...
    Sorry dude you got exposed. You trolled. You interjected politics and I called you on it. I said I would have debated point for point with you and would have until you showed your true colors and now your pulling the victim card like a little bitch because I saw through your bullshit. By all means please keep continuing to be a douchebag. I said previously in the post that we were done here bro. The fact that you couldn't further proves my point. Using Issa for a header post pic and later questioning on political leanings showed your true intention all along. You can continue to try to spin it whatever other way you wish. Damage done.

Last edited by Solo; 09-24-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Spoiler...
    Sorry dude you got exposed. You trolled. You interjected politics and I called you on it. I said I would have debated point for point with you and would have until you showed your true colors and now your pulling the victim card like a little bitch because I saw through your bullshit. By all means please keep continuing to be a douchebag. I said previously in the post that we were done here bro. The fact that you couldn't further proves my point

Spoiler...
    I dont even know what you're talking about, "exposed" as/for what?
    A troll? One or two sentences out of what was it? Four paragraphs, that you disliked the "tone" or whatever of, makes it a troll? That's a pathetic cop out and you know it.

You were completely free to ignore that one little thing i mentioned. You didnt. Instead you threw a tantrum where you decided to insist that my entire post and all other points made, were now "tainted" because its all just a troll, and you've exposed my "bullshit" because im a victim card holding little bitch.... right?
    Buy a fucking clue.
    If you didnt want to address that one topic...those two fucking sentences, you were free to do so and i would have had no issue with that. Instead you do this.

So if you're going through all of this and my post is being addressed as if what was said was longer and more detailed than two sentences and had some political connotation or context i was attempting to sneak in....ohhh scary me... smart you...... well i might as well make it worth it huh?
    Lets go ahead and give you what you want.
    Here is my "motive" and "trolled" and "victim card", that would never have been written had you been able to simply dignify yourself previously.

There are about 20-30% of American's and 10% in the EU (mostly neo-Nazi groups) (about 20-30% Australian's before the 1997 firearm control acts, but now its very very low) that follow political parties that are completely absent of reality. Not simply disillusioned or two sides of the same coin, but completely void of facts and reality.

In America, its the "conservative libertarian", which funny thing, are not conservatives at all and many are not libertarians (they are the Ron Paul, libertarian. 20% libertarian, 80% corporate republican) but that's beside the point. These people like to run around touting that the government taking their guns spells disaster for society. In reality, every other first world nation shows us this is not the case and even in our own country states with better gun laws have lesser gun crimes.

To take this to a further extent we have the nut jobs (all the above described fake conservatives and fake libertarians) that think the world is coming to an end or the gubments gonna take over, and one of the first things that they think will happen is all the guns will be taken away.
    So any time they consider a disaster of any proportions this is something they apply as a step one or two.
    When in reality, historically speaking, its not. In the history of warfare or military take over, removing weapons before attacking or conquering is like.... less than 1%. These are the idiots that tout the idea that "Hitler took the guns" (When he did take guns from jews, over a very long period. The rest of Germany got looser gun laws), "Stalin took the guns" (When in fact he reduced the legal age of owning a firearm from 16 to 14 for the citizens, but did impose some weird "long rifle" firearm law on his own soldiers.) and of course Mao who did a recall of firearms toward the end of WW2, but people often fail to mention or recognize that because they were at war with Japan, before this, he armed every citizen. So when the war was over with Japan, or coming to an end, he felt no need for private citizens to be running around with guns...... personally i agree... but hell, at this point im nearly quoting Alex Jones and his CNN interview.

If the idea is occupation, sweeping for firearms will eventually happen (We were in Iraq for a year before we started doing group sweeps for firearms.... which we then gave them funds to buy them back) but if its just conquering and/or destruction, it really wont matter. Now, the point i made is that things were happening so quickly and they are so undermanned, that going house to house and sweeping for guns is not at all realistic. And that is even before, we consider that the military and civilians have a common enemy and we will see citizens very quickly, being armed by military.

So there you go.
    If i was getting blamed for a "half political rant" on the subject that some how negated every-other-fucking-thing i said, then im at least going to do it.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 09-24-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Holy moly.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    Reading this argument is a lot more interesting than Fear the Walking Dead, keep it going guys.

Last edited by Freddy316; 09-24-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    18 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Its technically not even off topic.

There are about 20-30% of American's and 10% in the EU (mostly neo-Nazi groups) (about 20-30% Australian's before the 1997 firearm control acts, but now its very very low) that follow political parties that are completely absent of reality. Not simply disillusioned or two sides of the same coin, but completely void of facts and reality.

FEAR THE WALKING GOVERNMENTS11!1

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy316 View Post
    Reading this argument is a lot more interesting than Fear the Walking Dead, keep it going guys.
    lol

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Resident Omega
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    If i was getting blamed for a "half political rant" on the subject that some how negated every-other-fucking-thing i said, then im at least going to do it.
    Knew you probably wouldn't be able to resist. Was on the brain all along I still suspect.

I'm not above ceding the possibility that you didn't enter this with a purposeful political trolling intent because there are few absolutes in the world and this wouldn't be one of them. At the very most you did, and for that you, by default, would be ceding any intellectual or moral high ground you may have had in the matter. At the very least it was poor judgement on your part to do so and you should have known better. The forward flowing discourse - or lack thereof is the result of either, and you really have nobody to blame but yourself for that.

I suggest that if you want to get your political funk on in the future... get it on in the Current Events threads.

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up