Last Online
    09-16-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 124

Halloween 3

This film seems to have some kind of movement going on with it but who knows when this will actually come out? it's been in and out of production numerous times over the years the last thing I read about it was Platinum Dunes was now involved with it but since that was from April 2012 it could have been a april fools joke. Has there been anymore news about this film?

http://www.movieweb.com/news/hallowe...platinum-dunes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Horror Movie Nazi
    Bruce Campbell's Answering
    Machine

Status
    Last Online
    07-12-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    As long as it's not Rob Zombie i'll see it. I doesn't get worse than the last two....right?

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Just let it die for now.

I wouldn't mind it coming back 10-15 years from now with someone eager to make a film that resembles Halloween 1/2 but with new twists, or even something based off the black sheep. That being the original Halloween 3.

I have absolutely no interest in defibbing the old storyline of Michael on the loose, killing X family member or Y family member. Its very boring, and without suspense/atmosphere, its pointless.

As it is, I only really enjoy Halloween 1978, Halloween 2, Halloween 3 and Halloween 6 in its many forms.

Halloween 4 I find super overrated. Halloween 5 is basically a worse version of 4. H20 could've been something special had they shown the balls to connect the entire storyline, no matter how muddled it may be. Which is what Kevin Williamson had planned on doing with 1 scene, but someone decided against it.

H8 is pure garbage, with absolutely no replay value whatsoever much like Jason X from Friday the 13th, very hard to watch IMO. Rob Zombie's movies are mostly garbage with the only real decent stretch being the first act of the remake, while predictable and cliche, was different for Halloween for once. Zombie's H2 was an absolute mess of a movie.

The Horror Movie Nazi
    Bruce Campbell's Answering
    Machine

Status
    Last Online
    07-12-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I honestly believe if they were ever going to touch this franchise again, it has to be in a new direction. Don't continue Zombie's style. He just wasn't right for the franchise altogether. I don't hate Zombie but he movies are dark and dirty and I like that but it doesn't fit the roots the series was built on. If you're going to do something again, make it mysterious. Don't give motives, explanations or backstories. Keep it simple. Use Halloween (1978) and Halloween II (1981) as templates but don't adopt a copy and paste style. I love the Halloween series but it needs major tweaking if you want to continue it. It needs to redeem itself.

Rotting Zealot
    Zombie Headshots!

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 5
    I'd like to see the focus taken back to the roots of Michael Myers, which is the pure evil of his unconscious mind. They can still elaborate on that side of the story more. That would probably never happen if John Carpenter doesn't come back, which I don't see happening.

I'm Joe Grisly Bitch!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Trying to give a reason for "pure evil", which is just a line of dialog in the original movie, is going to be worse than going the nature + nurture route of the Zombie take. It really is just a bit of dialog. Giving him a supernatural slant would be hokey, and that's where you're going once you start entertaining the idea that evil is a force or something other than the selfish, destructive energy within creatures intelligent enough to be bored or have scrambled, screwed up psychology.

The original worked because it wasn't really about him. It was simple. Further attempts to explain Myers or give the story more depth have never truly enhanced the original. They've all been lesser films, just some more lesser than others. Carpenter's own contribution to the first sequel was phoned in, by the numbers and knock-off in feel. They got it right, moving on in the third film but audiences, for the most part, just weren't sophisticated enough to get with the program and let the series continue as an anthology. No, they had to let it, had to ask for it, had to demand that it get beaten into the ground, like it was Friday the 13th. Thankfully it never quite reached the absurd, rock bottom low of that franchise.

It should just be left alone.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 10-04-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    Zombie Headshots!

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Someone has their pantys in a bunch about Friday the 13th

I'm Joe Grisly Bitch!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Passed pt.3 it's terrible. It started out as a knock-off but I do like the first three films. Dig a hole and bury the rest. They're bullshit.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 10-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    Passed pt.3 it's terrible. It started out as a knock-off but I do like the first three films. Dig a hole and bury the rest. They're bullshit.
    Jason Lives is pretty fuckin' badass

The Final Chapter is good.

Agreed about the rest.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Frey
    This user has no status.

After part 3 I like 7 and 8 but that's it.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

In case of emergency, run like hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-22-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Follow greywolf On Twitter Add greywolf on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7
    I haven't heard that Rob Zombie is attached, so this could be decent.

Everybody is a book of blood. Wherever we're opened we're red.
    -Clive Barker

Zombiefied Zealot
    damn status bar...my entries
    are too long for you:dislike:

Status
    Last Online
    08-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 255
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag IrishMobsta13
    rob zombie is to portray murder victim number 1

The UHM Clown

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Rotting Zealot
    Zombie Headshots!

Status
    Last Online
    11-14-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    ^ that'd be cool

I'm Joe Grisly Bitch!

Frey
    This user has no status.

So what are they going to do? Is this going to be based off the RZ series? If so I don't understand what the point is. Doesn't Myers die in H2? Are they going to get Laurie to be the killer? If they must make another Halloween film they should make it a sequel to Ressurection where he kills off Laurie's son and Jamie's kid and completely ending the bloodline and the curse in which Mikey will also die.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Jason Lives is pretty fuckin' badass

The Final Chapter is good.

Agreed about the rest.
    Oh goodie! A Halloween vs F13 debate! I always love these!

The Paramount films (1-8), as a collective whole, are better than the entire Halloween franchise, but the first 3 Halloweens stand on an island to themselves.

I disregard the New Line Branch of films (JTGH-JX-FvsJ) because they aren't better than anything else, even if they really are far different than any other films in the series. Also I view them as pretty much standalone films done by uneducated 'fans' who pretty much decided to laugh at the franchise at the expense of calling themselves filmmakers, and Sean Cunningham whose embarrassed by Jason, hates Jason but probably doesn't mind the royalties he's collected over his career thanks to the franchise and Jason specifically.

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:The Nightmare Warriors literature I'd consider more canon than those standalone New Line films.

The remake is definitely more Paramount than New Line, but I'll throw it on a neutral field for now.

Even Jason Takes Manhattan, probably the most radical of the Paramount films, was a better production than pretty much any Halloween movie post 3, even with false advertising to boot! You listen to the commentary by the director, and you can pretty much tell that Friday the 13th Part 8 was going to be something big, until they cheaped out on the budget.

Tina (Lar Park Lincoln) was also offered to return for Friday Part 8, and next to Tommy Jarvis, she was the most interesting character they could've had combat Jason for a couple sequels. But Lar decided not to return, because they wanted her to sign on without a script, and she was scared they were going to just go with the the 80s slasher trend at the time, of just killing off characters that return in sequels. So she decided against coming back. Source being the Friday 7 commentary.

Also the Paramount films managed to tell the tale of 3 different things.

1. Mrs. Voorhees in the original
    2. Human Jason Voorhees in Parts 2-4, in which he is clearly considered the villain you want to see get his, lurking in the shadows
    3. Zombie Jason Voorhees with his triumph return in Jason Lives through Jason Takes Manhattan, in which Jason has clearly become the reason you watch the films, the icon of sorts. Hell, he even becomes the hero of sorts in Part 8 during a brief stint of the film.

Add in...

1. More creative kills, from top to bottom, than the Halloween franchise
    2. The Halloween Franchise becoming a one trick pony, Myers always looking to kill family, even when they tried to change it up with Halloween 666, it was still at its core, about Myers killing off his family
    3. With Jason becoming a big pop culture icon in the later entries, Halloween tried to do the same with Myers as the series progressed, but it clearly wasn't as big a deal IMO
    4. The Halloween films have some of the lamest endings, especially the mid/later films all revolving around some escape card for Myers, when he shouldn't need one. He should be defeated. You could argue they make more sense than some of the Friday endings because at least Myers escapes and they don't have to reach as much as the Friday endings, but I view the Halloween endings as more damaging to the Myers character, than I do a strength. Jason pretty much always went out fighting. Plus the beginning of H8 is one of the worst things I've ever seen

The Paramount F13 films IMO as a whole are better than the Halloween films, but the first 3 Halloween films are classics by themselves.

That said

I think the Nightmare series is better than them both.

- More interesting characters
    - A more diverse villain/icon
    - Way more creative than Friday/Halloween
    - It's black sheep (Nightmare 2) is the best black sheep of the 3 black sheeps lol (those being ANOES 2, F13 Part 5 and H3)

Last edited by Red; 10-19-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Frey
    This user has no status.

^By black sheep do you mean worst in the series? If so I wouldn't call NOES 2 a black sheep at all. Id go with either 5 or Freddy's Dead. As for F13 I would say either 5 or 6. With Halloween I am going to say 3 or Ressurection.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Frey View Post
    ^By black sheep do you mean worst in the series?
    Moreso different than worst.

- F13 5 features an imposter
    - ANOES 2 doesn't really follow the rules, in fact, it mostly ignores them
    - H3, of course doesn't feature Myers

By all means, I do not find any of those 3 the worst films in their series

Worst?

- Nightmare 6, even though its a guilty pleasure
    - Halloween 8, by god its unwatchable
    - Jason X, even though I collectively view all of the New Line films in the franchise to be garbage mostly

Frey
    This user has no status.

After Jason Takes Manhattan I disregard all the Jason movies as they make no sense and are just stupid. How do you explain the ending to JTM going into the beginning of Jason Goes To Hell? Did they jump ahead 20 years until he became an adult again?

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Frey View Post
    After Jason Takes Manhattan I disregard all the Jason movies as they make no sense and are just stupid. How do you explain the ending to JTM going into the beginning of Jason Goes To Hell? Did they jump ahead 20 years until he became an adult again?
    Yep.

As I said in my big debate post.

A bunch of standalone, non canon films to me. Made by 'fans' who decided to shit all over the Paramount films and call themselves filmmakers in the process. All of that enabled by the fact that Sean Cunningham hated Jason, he hated the hockey mask and he wanted ridiculous changes. Yet, as I said, im sure he's happy behind the scenes, at the fact that the franchise and Jason kept him in green.

Last edited by Red; 10-19-2013 at 09:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast