+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38



  1. #1
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,158
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 897
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777

    Rob Zombie Lied to Us..he's doing another horror flick

    Remember how Rob Zombie said he was done making horror movies and his next film would be a hockey film, Broad Street Bullies about the 1974 Philadelphia Flyers, which he compared to "Rocky meets Boogie Nights"? Well, he lied. That film is put on the backburner for now. That's because he pitched an idea for a new horror film and it was bought.

    Speaking to 3news, Zombie compared the film to The Devil's Rejects:

    “I was working on this thing called Broad Street Bullies, which was a hockey film, but that got put on the backburner because something else popped up. In such a weird way, because I’d been working on this hockey film for over two years, it took so much research and work, and I was literally sitting with someone going, ‘You know, I have this other idea…’

    And I said the idea and they go, ‘We’ll make that!’ And I put together a one-line pitch, because I didn’t want to go to pitch meetings and do all that. I’d call them on the phone and go, “Here’s my idea, blah blah blah,’ and they’re like, ‘We’re in!’

    So you slave over something for years and it’s still difficult, and you say some crazy thing off the top of your head and they’re like ‘Where do we sign?’. And that turned into a weird bidding war. And that became the next film. Which I don’t even want to really talk about yet because I feel like it’s a little far out.

    I think it’s something fans of the other stuff will like. Probably fans of The Devil’s Rejects will enjoy the most. It’s not connected to that film but it’s more on that headspace.”
    http://www.metalinjection.net/at-the...n-horror-flick

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,826
    Threads
    346
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 178
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Title should be changed to Rob Zombie Lied To Us, He Is Making Another Steaming Pile Of Shit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  3. #3
    Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.
     

    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    03-20-2014

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Member #
    18999
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9
    Threads
    1
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I'm really glad he's not making a movie about my beloved Flyers, but completely annoyed that he's making another Horror movie. WHy doesn't he make a Rom-Com or a childrens movie, or some other genre that I will never bother watching.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,158
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 897
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadliquor View Post
    I'm really glad he's not making a movie about my beloved Flyers, but completely annoyed that he's making another Horror movie. WHy doesn't he make a Rom-Com or a childrens movie, or some other genre that I will never bother watching.
    That's what I'm saying

    So, he is actually going to do something different for a change. Everyone was down to see his style in a non-horror film. But then, as the article suggests, gets lazy and says, 'You know what? I have a shitty horror film in my head that execs will say "yes" to regardless, I'll just make that instead..this is taking too long.'

    That's what I get from it at least. This guy is a hack.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    The Architect
    This user has no status.
     
    FrighT MasteR's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    1
    Location
    A semi-dark room
    Posts
    30,175
    Threads
    1745
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 107
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    I dug Devil's Rejects, so I'm curious to see how this turns out. Hopefully no ghost horses or goats show up at any point

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,826
    Threads
    346
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 178
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    I dug Devil's Rejects, so I'm curious to see how this turns out. Hopefully no ghost horses or goats show up at any point
    There is a slim chance you won't see any ghost animals. However you can probably pretty much guarantee Sheri will be in it in all her white trash acting glory.

    He should do a sequel to Twister, you know from the trailer park point of view. I will definitely be down for that! We have ghost cows!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macready; 02-21-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  7. #7
    UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?
     
    DMHead777's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Member #
    12844
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,158
    Threads
    384
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Visit DMHead777's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 897
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re Wii Code DMHead777
    Quote Originally Posted by FrighT MasteR View Post
    I dug Devil's Rejects, so I'm curious to see how this turns out. Hopefully no ghost horses or goats show up at any point
    I wouldn't believe it. He's a musician first and a director second. Band members ALWAYS compare an upcoming album to a well-sold debut/earlier album. He's doing the same thing just to sell tickets.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.
     

    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    03-20-2014

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Member #
    18999
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9
    Threads
    1
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    Everyone was down to see his style in a non-horror film. But then, as the article suggests, gets lazy and says, 'You know what? I have a shitty horror film in my head that execs will say "yes" to regardless, I'll just make that instead..this is taking too long.'

    That's what I get from it at least. This guy is a hack.
    I'm not sure if it's laziness or he realized no one would buy into Sheri Moon Zombie playing Bobby Clarke or Dave Shultz.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    UHM Emissary
    The Flicks Fix needs your
    input!
     
    Primetimeloser's Avatar
    Status
    Online
    Last Online
    1 Minute Ago

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Member #
    16319
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,197
    Threads
    129
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Follow Primetimeloser On Twitter Add Primetimeloser on Facebook Add Primetimeloser on Google+
    Follow Primetimeloser on Tumblr Visit Primetimeloser's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadliquor View Post
    I'm not sure if it's laziness or he realized no one would buy into Sheri Moon Zombie playing Bobby Clarke or Dave Shultz.
    Bingo

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One
     

    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Member #
    2567
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,359
    Threads
    11
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 192
    Well this is another fine film I won't be seeing..........ever

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.






    “Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

  11. #11
    Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の
     
    woodenheart's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Member #
    11593
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,837
    Threads
    340
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow woodenheart On Twitter Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Follow woodenheart on Tumblr Visit woodenheart's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 89


    Can't wait to see what comes from his brilliant mind!

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1
     
    koolmike's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    16
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    21,025
    Threads
    932
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 99
    I fuckin' hate Rob Zombie.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."


  13. #13
    Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1
     
    koolmike's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    16
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    21,025
    Threads
    932
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Title should be changed to Rob Zombie Lied To Us, He Is Making Another Steaming Pile Of Shit.
    absolutely

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."


  14. #14
    Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark
     
    Toby's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Member #
    1991
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,109
    Threads
    72
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 320
    Looking forward to this! I would've liked to have seen what other stuff he could do besides horror but I'm glad he's sticking to his guns and giving us a new horror movie! This is great news!

    But instead there's only hate for this CREATIVE and ATMOSPHERIC filmmaker.

    Yes, I said it and I'm sticking to it.

    I honestly think the only reason anyone thinks RZ sucks is just because he did two remakes to an franchise (that originally wasn't suppose to be a franchise) that didn't really scream for a remake but it was only because H-wood studios are scared to death of ever trying anything original in anything for the most part. I didn't care much for the Halloween remake though i loved some stuff in it like Malcolm McDowell and the excessive violence and the Halloween theme.

    H2 is only terrible if you don't look at it as being its own thing, to which I'll admit I HATED the fuck out of his H2 remake the first time I saw it but then rewatching it it's still not a very good movie but it proves the man has vision.

    And with his STUNNING return to an original horror film Lords of Salem that I thought horror fans would rejoice to see something more ORIGINAL in the mainstream especially with something so horrific and down-right beautifully disturbing as RZ's LOS, but instead there's always something wrong with it, even though I have a copy of LOS that I make-out with every night because it's a movie that deserved a lot more praise than the hate it received.

    I can understand if people don't like a movie a film director makes for not being good and would agree more when I see said movies and saw the problem, but in this case, NO I don't agree that RZ is anywhere near as worse of a film director as say Uwe Boll, Paul W.S. Anderson, Michael Bay, Rolland Emmerich or Timur Bekmambetov.

    Say what you will, I honestly have strong convictions that the man has stories to tell and horror fans should be rejoicing his work when it's original, I'll give you this he's a fuck lot better than Platinum Fuckin' Dunes when it comes to horror movies, so I say he's one for the masses who is currently suffering from not being appreciated as a great artist like Kubrick.

    Admit it, you guys love it when I defend RZ.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    "It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

    "Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

  15. #15
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Hes been on a doward swing but I'll check it out.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    ...
    This user has no status.
     
    ŔęĐ's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Member #
    15
    Location
    Severnaya
    Posts
    3,102
    Threads
    160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 10
    Well...

    You can throw out the whole discrediting him for using his wife over and over in his films, as most filmmakers use friends and relatives over and over in their films.

    Still...

    The only way I could see this being half decent, is if he decides to collaborate on the film with John Carpenter, George Romero, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson. Just to iron out the differences. They can be in charge of creating believable characters, while Zombie can just have at it with the violence.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers
     
    TonyVato's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Member #
    17503
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,211
    Threads
    6
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add TonyVato on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 6
    Well if his horror pitch outdid his hockey movie, be thankful that movie is not being made. Probably would have been the biggest pile of shit ever made! Now for this new horror movie... I'll pass. Had enough of seeing Sheri's ass!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Yup
    I'm gonna shove one of those
    fake hearing devices so far up
    your ass, you can hear the
    sound of your small intestine
    as it produces shit!
     
    Macready's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Member #
    1426
    Location
    'Jersey
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,826
    Threads
    346
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 178
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I honestly think the only reason anyone thinks RZ sucks is just because he did two remakes
    Nope. It's much simpler than that. I think he sucks...because he sucks.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

    Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

  19. #19
    Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace
     
    Darkgod's Avatar
    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member #
    712
    Location
    Jersey Representing
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,152
    Threads
    194
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 58
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    Quote Originally Posted by ŔęĐ View Post
    Well...

    You can throw out the whole discrediting him for using his wife over and over in his films, as most filmmakers use friends and relatives over and over in their films.

    Still...

    The only way I could see this being half decent, is if he decides to collaborate on the film with John Carpenter, George Romero, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson. Just to iron out the differences. They can be in charge of creating believable characters, while Zombie can just have at it with the violence.
    I don't see why pairing him with other people who have fallen off would help him,.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Fresh Zealot
    This user has no status.
     

    Status
    Offline
    Last Online
    03-20-2014

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Member #
    18999
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9
    Threads
    1
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Looking forward to this! I would've liked to have seen what other stuff he could do besides horror but I'm glad he's sticking to his guns and giving us a new horror movie! This is great news!

    But instead there's only hate for this CREATIVE and ATMOSPHERIC filmmaker.

    Yes, I said it and I'm sticking to it.

    I honestly think the only reason anyone thinks RZ sucks is just because he did two remakes to an franchise (that originally wasn't suppose to be a franchise) that didn't really scream for a remake but it was only because H-wood studios are scared to death of ever trying anything original in anything for the most part. I didn't care much for the Halloween remake though i loved some stuff in it like Malcolm McDowell and the excessive violence and the Halloween theme.

    H2 is only terrible if you don't look at it as being its own thing, to which I'll admit I HATED the fuck out of his H2 remake the first time I saw it but then rewatching it it's still not a very good movie but it proves the man has vision.

    And with his STUNNING return to an original horror film Lords of Salem that I thought horror fans would rejoice to see something more ORIGINAL in the mainstream especially with something so horrific and down-right beautifully disturbing as RZ's LOS, but instead there's always something wrong with it, even though I have a copy of LOS that I make-out with every night because it's a movie that deserved a lot more praise than the hate it received.

    I can understand if people don't like a movie a film director makes for not being good and would agree more when I see said movies and saw the problem, but in this case, NO I don't agree that RZ is anywhere near as worse of a film director as say Uwe Boll, Paul W.S. Anderson, Michael Bay, Rolland Emmerich or Timur Bekmambetov.

    Say what you will, I honestly have strong convictions that the man has stories to tell and horror fans should be rejoicing his work when it's original, I'll give you this he's a fuck lot better than Platinum Fuckin' Dunes when it comes to horror movies, so I say he's one for the masses who is currently suffering from not being appreciated as a great artist like Kubrick.

    Admit it, you guys love it when I defend RZ.
    Bah... I guess every message board has a RZ fanboy or someone who's gullible enough to fall for Rob's hackneyed gimmicks .
    From your post Toby, it sounds like you've had this argument before with the members here, and I'm sure they;ve probably given up on you. Sort of like when you have a good friend, with a hardcore PCP/Crack addiction, you try your best to get them clean, but eventually you get so disgusted by their self-deluding lies that you give up. Call me naive, but I still think there's hope for you Toby. So I"m going to do my best to try and give you some clarity, so you can get the help that you need.

    Just to give you some background. I'm not a Zombie hater. Back in my late teens/early twenties, I was a huge White Zombie fan. I saw them in concert probably a dozen times. In really small clubs, and eventually in large arenas. White Zombie broke up, then Rob embarked on his solo career.... which sucked ass. I guess he started listening to a bunch of sycophants who were telling him how he's a lot more talented than he actually is. I was a bit heart broken, but such is life. When I heard he was going to start making movie, I was all in! This is going to be great! One of my favorite singers, from one of my favorite bands was going to make a movie in my favorite genre, what could go wrong???

    But enough about me and my sad, misguided thoughts as a youth. Let's discuss ROb Zombie as a "filmmaker" and some of the horseshit arguments that his fanboys regurgitate to defend this talentless hack:

    1) "Rob's a huge horror movie fan!" : It's not really an argument, but for some reason Zombie fans always feel the need to emphasize this point. As if it qualifies him as being a director. Just because you're a fan of something, doesn't mean you know anything about how it's made. If that was the case, every member here would be qualified to make movies. Most people who make movies, have either gone to film school for years, or they've worked on several movies. It's a discipline that you learn, like any profession. You can't just go to an airport watch a bunch of planes take off, then decide to go and take a 747 for a spin.

    2) "Rob does an amazing job at casting! He's really intuned with horror fans and knows what they want!": Casting a bunch of esoteric horror actors and actresses isn't a tribute, nor is it a homage to anything. It's called pandering. It's pretty much Rob saying, "This script and plot sucks a cock, but if I throw in a bunch of characters from old horror movies, people will go see it". It sort of reminds me of those Old Navy commercials years ago. The ones that starred Mr.T, Morgan Fairchild, Gary Coleman, Gilligan, etc... For a second, you're fooled into thinking your actually seeing something special, but then you realize it's just a bunch of has beens, who haven't worked in years. And what is with him casting Wrestlers in most of his movies? Sure, I used to love wrestling, but then I hit puberty.

    3) "People are just "Hatin'" on Rob because he remade a true horror classic Halloween": If this is true, why don't you hear about people hating on Zak Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead, or Cronenberg's The Fly. YOu don't hear it because they're great movies!

    I could go on and on about other nonsensical defenses people make about ROb, but instead, let's look at the movies themselves:

    House of 1000 Corpses: If you even want to qualify this as a movie. It's basically just a bunch of random haphazard scenes thrown together, trying to stretch out the 20 minute story of Dr. Satan. The scenes go on forever even if they have nothing to do with the story, like the trip to Red HOt Pussy Liquor. Ooooo tee hee! He said the word Pussy! And giggle giggle, the grampa keeps shouting the words cunt and fuck in his stand-up routine. It's a rated R movie, Who the fuck over the age of 18 still finds the use of dirty words for the sake of using them comical? There are just too many terrible moments in this movie that to write about all of them would take longer than watching the actual movie.

    Devil's Rejects: This is the movie Rob fans always point to when trying to talk about Rob as a real movie maker. And I'll agree that it's not half as bad as House, but in no way is it a good movie. His supposedly "artistic" shots (the ending car chase with the helicopter shot) is so cliche and overused, you can see it in a million movies. The one thing that makes the movie somewhat watchable is the soundtrack. And what about the "big reveal"! The fact that the killers are named after characters from Marx brothers movies. What did that have to do with anything? How was it relevant to the story? It wasn't... just more nonsense that doesn't add anything to the story.

    Halloween: In the original Halloween, there isn't any explanation as to why Michael is the way he is. Doc Loomis sums it all up by saying that he's pure evil. They never get into the why. Which is sooo effective since the imagination is a lot more effective at scaring someone than any piece of celluloid. Also, based on the opening scene, Michael seems to be the product of an upper middle class family. He just went batshit crazy. Your imagination fills in all of the gaps. Zombie removed the most intriguing part of the movie and spends the entire movie explaining why Michael is the way he is. He's poor, his dad is mentally and physically abusive, he's picked on by his peers, he has a doting mother, his sisters a whores, he kills small animals for fun. He pretty much gives Michael the same past history as 90% of every serial killer to ever walk the planet. As if that wasn't bad enough, he decides to magically transform Michael from a short, blonde hair kid, to a brown haired, 8 foot tall monster. I guess the Mental ward gave him a diet of anabolic Horse steroids for breakfast lunch and dinner.

    Halloween II: To be honest, I gave up on this movie probably half way through. The dream sequences, and that one girl who said the word fuck every 3rd word just got on my last nerve.

    Lords of Salem: Probably the best premise of all Rob's movies, but is ruined by Rob's typical horseshit, First off what decade is the movie supposed to be set in? They're using cell phones, but they all dress like it's the 70's? The radio station is spinning vinyl? Sherri's in a drug recovery program but drinks? There's a lot more nonsense, inconsistencies, etc... to point out, but I need some breakfast

    I will say this Toby, you're right when you say you can't compare Zombie to Michael Bay, or Roland Emmerich. As flawed as their movies are people actually pay to see their movies. You could pick one of their movies at random and it probably grossed the same as all of Rob's movies combined. If you want to say he's a better director than the guy who made Thanxkilling, I guess I"ll give you that one.... I guess

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •